FLM films - My Webpage

1998-09-24 00:00:00 - Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (Section One <level5op@section1.org>)

As some of you may know, the Canadian Gemini awards, equivalent to the Emmys here in the USA, will be presented the weekend of Oct. 2-4, 1998. LFN is nominated in three categories: --Alberta Watson for Best Actress in a Supporting Role --Laurie Drew for Best Costume Design --Nikos Evdemon for Best Cinematography In these categories, only Gemini voting members can vote for the winners, and no Gemini members are among the cast or crew of Nikita. However... Chrysler Canada is holding a People's Choice Gemini Award winner, based on votes received at their website. The show that gets the most votes will of course win the award, and that's where all of you come in. Go to: http://www.tv.cbc.ca/gemini and VOTE! for Nikita as your favorite show. If enough of you vote for us, we just might win, and between you and me... (we'd really like to) So tell all your online friends to go there and vote for Nikita! Thanks! Christopher Heyn Assistant to Joel Surnow, "La Femme Nikita"

1998-09-24 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (Seabush <seabush@yahoo.com>)

Done CH. -- Seabush Section One wrote in message <6ueo2p$5go$1@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>... >As some of you may know, the Canadian Gemini awards, equivalent to the Emmys >here in the USA, will be presented the weekend of Oct. 2-4, 1998. LFN is >nominated in three categories: > >--Alberta Watson for Best Actress in a Supporting Role > >--Laurie Drew for Best Costume Design > >--Nikos Evdemon for Best Cinematography > >In these categories, only Gemini voting members can vote for the winners, >and no Gemini members are among the cast or crew of Nikita. > >However... > >Chrysler Canada is holding a People's Choice Gemini Award winner, based on >votes received at their website. The show that gets the most votes will of >course win the award, and that's where all of you come in. > >Go to: > >http://www.tv.cbc.ca/gemini > >and VOTE! for Nikita as your favorite show. If enough of you vote for us, we >just might win, and between you and me... > >(we'd really like to) > >So tell all your online friends to go there and vote for Nikita! Thanks! > >Christopher Heyn >Assistant to Joel Surnow, "La Femme Nikita" > > >

1998-09-24 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - ("Colin L. Whipple" <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

And me. Colin > >Mission accomplished > >Paleoanth > >(voted twice-he he)

1998-09-24 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (Dinky5@webtv.net)

Count one for me. Mike

1998-09-24 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (Phil_Sheridan@webtv.net)

Voted 4 times ! When does it close? Will continue voting constantly!

1998-09-25 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (Chris Touhey <ctouhey@onramp.net>)

Section One wrote: > Chrysler Canada is holding a People's Choice Gemini Award winner, based on > votes received at their website. The show that gets the most votes will of > course win the award, and that's where all of you come in. > > Go to: > > http://www.tv.cbc.ca/gemini > > and VOTE! for Nikita as your favorite show. If enough of you vote for us, we > just might win, and between you and me... > > (we'd really like to) > > So tell all your online friends to go there and vote for Nikita! Thanks! > > Christopher Heyn > Assistant to Joel Surnow, "La Femme Nikita" Been there. Done that. Chris

1998-09-25 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (catknsn@aol.com)

>So tell all your online friends to go there and vote for Nikita! Thanks! I put a link on my web site - hopefully everyone else with LFN pages will do the same. :-) Good luck! Cathy

1998-09-25 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (nospam@nicetry.net)

Mission Complete :-) Wonder why it just says "Nikita" as opposed to "La Femme Nikita"? Curious...... Arius

1998-09-25 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (Jaida <NOSPAM@sprintmail.com>)

Okey Dokey. Voted once using Explorer and once using Netscape. Jaida

1998-09-25 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

Arius wrote in message <360bac57.4117621@news.sgi.net>... >Mission Complete :-) Wonder why it just says "Nikita" as >opposed to "La Femme Nikita"? Curious...... > >Arius In Canada the series is known as Nikita (after the original French Film, also known as Nikita in places other than the states), whereas here in the states, it is known as La Femme Nikita. Suzita

1998-09-25 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (EZBreezyTGIF <ELZBURNS@Prodigy.Net>)

Ok... I voted... Now, do I get a cookie or something? EZBee, A real cookie...heck, why do they call those things in the hard drives cookies? I mean, they don't even look appetizing....

1998-09-25 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (avdwbtvusr@webtv.net)

And another vote for Nikita! Avid (delurking for this most important occasion -- and back to lurk mode)

1998-09-25 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (Michelle Ricciuti <mr501@columbia.edu>)

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Arius wrote: Because the show is called just "Nikita" in Canada, and the Geminis are Canadian awards. ~Nightingale (trying out this newsgroup thingy from my college addy) > Mission Complete :-) Wonder why it just says "Nikita" as > opposed to "La Femme Nikita"? Curious...... > > Arius > >

1998-09-25 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (catknsn@aol.com)

>Ok... > >I voted... > >Now, do I get a cookie or something? EZ, I think Mr. Heyn owes us each a Margarita at the con for all this free publicity. They must give him an expense account... *vbg* Cathy <------ likes the strawberry ones

1998-09-25 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (Chris Touhey <ctouhey@CUTonramp.net>)

CATKNSN wrote: > >Ok... > > > >I voted... > > > >Now, do I get a cookie or something? > > EZ, I think Mr. Heyn owes us each a Margarita at the con for all this free > publicity. They must give him an expense account... *vbg* > > Cathy <------ likes the strawberry ones Count me in, too. On the rocks, with Patron Silver & Cointreau, very light on the sweet & sour, juice of 1/2 lime, & a splash of OJ. Chris [no, the other Chris is paying]

1998-09-25 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (Wickddollnospam@hotmail.com)

Done, Chris. :-D Natalie, admitted LFN addict On Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:26:16 -0700, "Section One" <level5op@section1.org> wrote: >As some of you may know, the Canadian Gemini awards, equivalent to the Emmys >here in the USA, will be presented the weekend of Oct. 2-4, 1998. LFN is >nominated in three categories: > >--Alberta Watson for Best Actress in a Supporting Role > >--Laurie Drew for Best Costume Design > >--Nikos Evdemon for Best Cinematography > >In these categories, only Gemini voting members can vote for the winners, >and no Gemini members are among the cast or crew of Nikita. > >However... > >Chrysler Canada is holding a People's Choice Gemini Award winner, based on >votes received at their website. The show that gets the most votes will of >course win the award, and that's where all of you come in. > >Go to: > >http://www.tv.cbc.ca/gemini > >and VOTE! for Nikita as your favorite show. If enough of you vote for us, we >just might win, and between you and me... > >(we'd really like to) > >So tell all your online friends to go there and vote for Nikita! Thanks! > >Christopher Heyn >Assistant to Joel Surnow, "La Femme Nikita" > > > (remove "nospam" from email address to reply) "Wicked little doll, you are not human" "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

1998-09-25 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (paleoanth@aol.com)

Mission accomplished Paleoanth (voted twice-he he)

1998-09-25 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (granvia@aol.com)

Done. G > Can we vote more than once? " Michael is the moon to Nikita's tide." gvd

1998-09-25 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (Scorpio <basia@worldchat.com>)

moi aussi Chris <g>... And with Seabush forwarding your post to every LFN list going, you can be guaranteed that you'll get a ton of votes for Nikita!!! (Way to go Sea!!) Scorpio ....who loves it when a plan comes together <g>.. Granvia <granvia@aol.com> wrote in article <19980924222845.12755.00001427@ng13.aol.com>... > > Done. > > G > Can we vote more than once? > > > > > > " Michael is the moon to Nikita's tide." gvd > >

1998-09-25 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (rita7@pacbell.net)

> >>So tell all your online friends to go there and vote for Nikita! Thanks! >> Mission complete. Send pick up. Rita "Love will build a bridge . . . . Hmm, wish it would build me a patio."

1998-09-25 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (cins1@aol.com)

Well you can count on my vote .. .... if they accept more than one vote from same person.. will vote few more times!

1998-09-26 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - OT - (melpor <melpor@bellsouth.net>)

> > > Yummy. I'm a Stoli gal myself. No better. Now I have to go buy a second > bottle of vodka. One for the Kalhua, the other for this. Darn! > > Suzita > > I'm hating it for you....party on... Melissa

1998-09-26 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (lchris0811@aol.com)

Done!! Chris

1998-09-26 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - OT - (Chris Touhey <ctouhey@CUTonramp.net>)

Melissa, I am interested, but I see Suzita has already prompted you for the recepie. It sounds great; I'll have to give it a try! I see your trip to Dallas includes a weekend. As the trip gets closer, let me know if you & your friends are planning to go out for cocktails one night. If you are, I'd like to join you in Dallas for a drink. Chris melpor wrote: > Chris: > > I remember what's important in life, and as a fellow seeker of the perfectly dry > margarita I filed your post away in my packratted mind of useless information. I had a > similar religious experience with the perfect margarita in Raleigh, NC...it was called a > Joe Crow, and it too used Cointreau (or as I call it liquid snow because it is so > pure)...and did not rely on the usual sweet/sour mix or Roses lime. And George, the > master of tequila, pointed out as you did that the secret was balance. > > If you're a martini person let me know and i'll share the perfect martini with you. > > Melissa > I'm in Dallas Dec 4-9... > > Chris Touhey wrote: > > > Wow, Melissa, I'm impressed! You really have a good memory! (My time sheet was not > > chargeable for that afternoon...) > > > > Yes, it was this same concoction that I (basically unsuccessfully) was trying to > > coax a rookie bartender to produce. Generally, I do not like sweet drinks. > > Margaritas are typically made with Roses Lime Juice or an overly sweet "sweet & > > sour" mix. Some bartenders even add a little sugar because a lot of people like > > sweet drinks. Even if you use good liquor, it is overpowered by the mix. > > > > This recipe will only work if everything is in balance. So when I say I like a > > "dry" margarita, I am referring to blending the ingredients so that (1) the drink is > > not sweet and (2) the ingredients do not overpower the flavor of the premium > > liquors. > > > > When I was much younger, I went with the "gold" margaritas because effective > > marketing clearly showed that I would be drinking the "best". Well, I can assure > > you that by this point in my life, I have consumed more than one bottle of tequila. > > Gold, silver, worm / no worm, estate bottled, 100% Agave / anybody's guess, heck > > just about any kinda tequila they make. > > > > For now, I have settled on Patron Silver for my tequila moods. Don't get me wrong; > > there are many excellent tequilas that I enjoy. This is what I buy for myself or > > request at the bar. It's great in margaritas, on the rocks -- hey! get it shaken, > > not stirred with a twist at martini time! I guarantee it'll set you free... > > > > And Cointreau, well, it's not too sweet like Grand Marnier, and it won't make holes > > in you stomach like Triple Sec, and it's French! (Roy D. fans take note.) > > > > Ah, but I digress. I have to admit that this concoction was perfected (for me) by a > > wonderful bartender at Lady Falconburg's Barley Exchange in Durango, Colorado. The > > dude was very smooth, mixed by count and not measure, and produced for me my first > > perfect margarita. (No, I didn't get it at home in Houston.) So, for all you > > seekers out there, try the recipe, or if you're ever in Houston, drop by and I'll be > > glad to make you one! (Or two...) > > > > Chris > > [supplying you with more information than you ever wanted] > > > > melpor wrote: > > > > > Chris Touhey wrote: > > > > > > > CATKNSN wrote: > > > > > > > > > >Ok... > > > > > > > > > > > >I voted... > > > > > > > > > > > >Now, do I get a cookie or something? > > > > > > > > > > EZ, I think Mr. Heyn owes us each a Margarita at the con for all this free > > > > > publicity. They must give him an expense account... *vbg* > > > > > > > > > > Cathy <------ likes the strawberry ones > > > > > > > > Count me in, too. On the rocks, with Patron Silver & Cointreau, very light on > > > > the sweet & sour, juice of 1/2 lime, & a splash of OJ. > > > > > > > > Chris > > > > [no, the other Chris is paying] > > > > > > Chris: > > > Is this the very dry margarita you told us about...the one that required several > > > hours of your time for R&D...wasn't it one Friday....middle of the > > > afternoon...something about instructing the bartender... :-) > > > > > > Melissa

1998-09-26 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (melpor <melpor@bellsouth.net>)

[...]

1998-09-26 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (silvrsharp@aol.com)

All done. sharp

1998-09-26 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - OT - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

melpor wrote in message < >If you're a martini person let me know and i'll share the perfect martini with you. > I am. Please do. But I like mine up, stirred, and with three olives (got to get some nutrition) Suzita

Suzita wrote: > melpor wrote in message < > > >If you're a martini person let me know and i'll share the perfect martini > with you. > > > > I am. Please do. But I like mine up, stirred, and with three olives (got > to get some nutrition) > > Suzita 1. One bottle good vodka ( I'm a Stoli's girl personally) 2. One bottle dry white vermouth 3. One shot glass Open vodka. Pour one shot...make a toast and shoot it. Feels good doesn't it...Open vermouth...pour one shot and pour that into the vodka bottle. Cap vodka...Swirl gently. Keep bottle in freezer. Swirl gently before pouring into martini glass. Garnish with at least 3 olives...save the olives til last. Extra points for frosted martini glasses right out of the freezer. As Chris pointed out...it's balance...and this is a great maritin. So dry it whispers. Melissa

1998-09-26 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - OT - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

melpor wrote in message <360D3210.581B245B@bellsouth.net>... > > >Suzita wrote: > >> melpor wrote in message < >> >> >If you're a martini person let me know and i'll share the perfect martini >> with you. >> > >> >> I am. Please do. But I like mine up, stirred, and with three olives (got >> to get some nutrition) >> >> Suzita > > 1. One bottle good vodka ( I'm a Stoli's girl personally) > 2. One bottle dry white vermouth > 3. One shot glass > >Open vodka. Pour one shot...make a toast and shoot it. Feels good doesn't >it...Open vermouth...pour one shot and pour that into the vodka bottle. Cap >vodka...Swirl gently. Keep bottle in freezer. Swirl gently before pouring >into martini glass. Garnish with at least 3 olives...save the olives til >last. Extra points for frosted martini glasses right out of the freezer. > >As Chris pointed out...it's balance...and this is a great maritin. So dry it >whispers. > >Melissa Yummy. I'm a Stoli gal myself. No better. Now I have to go buy a second bottle of vodka. One for the Kalhua, the other for this. Darn! Suzita >

1998-09-28 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - OT - (Heather <hlsX@Xwest-server.com>)

melpor wrote: > Suzita wrote: > > 1. One bottle good vodka ( I'm a Stoli's girl personally) > 2. One bottle dry white vermouth > 3. One shot glass > > Open vodka. Pour one shot...make a toast and shoot it. Feels good doesn't > it...Open vermouth...pour one shot and pour that into the vodka bottle. Cap > vodka...Swirl gently. Keep bottle in freezer. Swirl gently before pouring > into martini glass. Garnish with at least 3 olives...save the olives til > last. Extra points for frosted martini glasses right out of the freezer. > > As Chris pointed out...it's balance...and this is a great maritin. So dry it > whispers. > > Melissa does it matter how big the bottle of vodka is?? the ratio would be different with different size bottles. im having a big halloween party and my guests as usual look to me for something new. so im always looking for easy fun drinks for big parties where i dont have to buy 10 different bottles of liquor...gets expensive that way. so if anyones got them id love the email. -- For a non-spam reply please remove both X's. Thank you and good night.

1998-09-28 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (Joan Mann <jmann@iname.com>)

Joan - out of semi-retirement to serve on this very worthy mission. Section One wrote: > As some of you may know, the Canadian Gemini awards, equivalent to the Emmys > here in the USA, will be presented the weekend of Oct. 2-4, 1998. LFN is > nominated in three categories: > > --Alberta Watson for Best Actress in a Supporting Role > > --Laurie Drew for Best Costume Design > > --Nikos Evdemon for Best Cinematography > > In these categories, only Gemini voting members can vote for the winners, > and no Gemini members are among the cast or crew of Nikita. > > However... > > Chrysler Canada is holding a People's Choice Gemini Award winner, based on > votes received at their website. The show that gets the most votes will of > course win the award, and that's where all of you come in. > > Go to: > > http://www.tv.cbc.ca/gemini > > and VOTE! for Nikita as your favorite show. If enough of you vote for us, we > just might win, and between you and me... > > (we'd really like to) > > So tell all your online friends to go there and vote for Nikita! Thanks! > > Christopher Heyn > Assistant to Joel Surnow, "La Femme Nikita"

1998-09-29 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (J5MADD <J5.nospam.MADD@ALLTEL.NET>)

I can only dream!

1998-09-29 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (J5MADD <J5.nospam.MADD@ALLTEL.NET>)

I would prefer a one night stand with Michael.

1998-09-29 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (EZBimbette <ELZBURNS@Prodigy.Net>)

"J5MADD" <J5.nospam.MADD@ALLTEL.NET> writes: > I would prefer a one night stand with Michael. > > Who says you would be standing? EZBee, God I miss Mae West....

1998-09-30 00:00:00 - Re: Attention LFN Fans: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - (lmartin826@aol.com)

Ohhhh.... but what a dream it is!!!