FLM films - My Webpage

1999-09-16 00:00:00 - Popularity - (Jim Ross <jktross@cw-f1.umd.umich.edu>)

I wonder how popular lafemme-nikita is?? Until this newsgroup I really hadn't heard of anyone else watching this program or how long it has been on. I started watching it not long ago since there seems to be nothing on Sundays and surprised that such a good show is on Sundays I can't believe it. Jim

1999-09-16 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (Wickddoll <wickddoll@nofeckingspam.com>)

Info on the ratings seems to be rather sketchy, but any show that generates convention has to be judged a success. To my knowledge, there are nearly 200 web pages devoted to the show, including my own. (you can start at http://www.heynshussies.com then go through the web ring at the bottom of the main page. There is an official page www.lafemmenikita.com as well. Happy surfing! Natalie Jim Ross <jktross@cw-f1.umd.umich.edu> wrote in message news:rWeE3.650$la.99676@news.itd.umich.edu... > I wonder how popular lafemme-nikita is?? > Until this newsgroup I really hadn't heard of anyone else watching this > program or how long it has been on. > > I started watching it not long ago since there seems to be nothing on > Sundays and surprised that such a good show is on Sundays I can't believe > it. > Jim > >

1999-09-19 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (Jim Ross <jktross@cw-f1.umd.umich.edu>)

Wickddoll <wickddoll@nofeckingspam.com> wrote in message news:7rs4pg$3j$1@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > Info on the ratings seems to be rather sketchy, but any show that generates > convention has to be judged a success. > > To my knowledge, there are nearly 200 web pages devoted to the show, > including my own. (you can start at http://www.heynshussies.com > then go through the web ring at the bottom of the main page. There is an > official page www.lafemmenikita.com as well. > > Happy surfing! > > Natalie > Your right. Thanks. Jim

1999-09-19 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (Booth <rkbooth@netins.net>)

Jim, I quite agree with you, I "stumbled" onto it myself. Anyone I mention the show to has never heard of it. Perhaps the US audience prefers to watch only US actors/actresses. One only has to watch the show once to determine that thought to be incorrect. Kim, LFN fanatic Jim Ross wrote in message ... >I wonder how popular lafemme-nikita is?? >Until this newsgroup I really hadn't heard of anyone else watching this >program or how long it has been on. > >I started watching it not long ago since there seems to be nothing on >Sundays and surprised that such a good show is on Sundays I can't believe >it. >Jim > >

1999-09-19 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (Wickddoll <wickddoll@nofeckingspam.com>)

Oh Kim, I think it's because of the lousy marketing of the show. The first ads I saw were exploiting Peta's looks. I thought it was a Charlie's Angels meets Mission Impossible type thing. I deliberately didn't watch for that reason. That was a real disservice to the show; it's so much more than that, as we all know. I 'stumbled' onto it as well. =D Natalie, fwapping the ad agency for LFN Booth <rkbooth@netins.net> wrote in message news:7s3pnf$kc3$1@ins22.netins.net... > Jim, I quite agree with you, I "stumbled" onto it myself. Anyone I mention > the show to has never heard of it. Perhaps the US audience prefers to watch > only US actors/actresses. One only has to watch the show once to determine > that thought to be incorrect. > Kim, LFN fanatic > > > Jim Ross wrote in message ... > >I wonder how popular lafemme-nikita is?? > >Until this newsgroup I really hadn't heard of anyone else watching this > >program or how long it has been on. > > > >I started watching it not long ago since there seems to be nothing on > >Sundays and surprised that such a good show is on Sundays I can't believe > >it. > >Jim > > > > > >

1999-09-20 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (captanne@aol.com)

I wrote a long version of my story and LFN the other day.....too boring to repeat.....suffice to say, I first saw it in Europe dubbed in German. (Can only *wish* that had been Roy's French.......LOL!) Came home to stumble across it here and discovered it was a series. (Saw the original french film years ago.) Now, I'm totally addicted. Anne

1999-09-20 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (Jim Ross <jktross@cw-f1.umd.umich.edu>)

Booth <rkbooth@netins.net> wrote in message news:7s3pnf$kc3$1@ins22.netins.net... > Jim, I quite agree with you, I "stumbled" onto it myself. Anyone I mention > the show to has never heard of it. Perhaps the US audience prefers to watch > only US actors/actresses. One only has to watch the show once to determine > that thought to be incorrect. > Kim, LFN fanatic > I hope LFN sticks around. These types of good shows that aren't well known have a way of getting dropped. I hope it becomes more recognized. Some episodes are very good. Jim

1999-09-21 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (tasha409@aol.com)

Wickddoll <wickddoll@nofeckingspam.com> wrote in message news:7rs4pg$3j$1@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > Info on the ratings seems to be rather sketchy, but any show that generates > convention has to be judged a success. > > To my knowledge, there are nearly 200 web pages devoted to the show, > including my own. (you can start at http://www.heynshussies.com > then go through the web ring at the bottom of the main page. There is an > official page www.lafemmenikita.com as well. > > Happy surfing! > I'm pretty sure that I've read that LFN is the highest rated original cable show on now. So yes, it is quite popular. On the otherhand, I do think its safe to consider LFN a "cult" hit. I doubt it will have a humongously diverse audience. Yet, the audience of cult shows are famous for being totally loyal and passionate about their show. What could be more of a compliment than that for the all those working on the series? Tasha

1999-09-21 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (SawDust <mainserver@hotmail.com>)

All in all, I would say that it is the best action/drama on tv right now. The chemistry between the actors is incredible. I have seen the original French movie, as well as the US take on it, but I must say that I enjoy the television series the most and I have from day one. I was a bit concerned that it wouldn't come back this year. I don't know anyone besides myself or the people in this ng that watch the series. Yet, it seems to have an incredibly strong following. Being from Quebec (Where Roy Dupuis comes from) I was delighted to see that one of our actors had made into the mainstream. Apparently, he is getting a lot of film offers now so I think the Nikita series was a good move for him. TASHA409 <tasha409@aol.com> wrote in message news:19990921135855.22510.00000621@ng-cc1.aol.com... > Wickddoll <wickddoll@nofeckingspam.com> wrote in message > news:7rs4pg$3j$1@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > > Info on the ratings seems to be rather sketchy, but any show that > generates > > convention has to be judged a success. > > > > To my knowledge, there are nearly 200 web pages devoted to the show, > > including my own. (you can start at http://www.heynshussies.com > > then go through the web ring at the bottom of the main page. There is an > > official page www.lafemmenikita.com as well. > > > > Happy surfing! > > > > I'm pretty sure that I've read that LFN is the highest rated original cable > show on now. So yes, it is quite popular. > On the otherhand, I do think its safe to consider LFN a "cult" hit. I doubt it > will have a humongously diverse audience. Yet, the audience of cult shows are > famous for being totally loyal and passionate about their show. > What could be more of a compliment than that for the all those working on the > series? > Tasha

1999-09-22 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity--IS ljc - ("news.bright.net" <moxil@bright.net>)

The best site is http://ljc.simplenet.com/nikita/nikita moxil Jim Ross wrote in message ... > >Wickddoll <wickddoll@nofeckingspam.com> wrote in message >news:7rs4pg$3j$1@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net... >> Info on the ratings seems to be rather sketchy, but any show that >generates >> convention has to be judged a success. >> >> To my knowledge, there are nearly 200 web pages devoted to the show, >> including my own. (you can start at http://www.heynshussies.com >> then go through the web ring at the bottom of the main page. There is an >> official page www.lafemmenikita.com as well. >> >> Happy surfing! >> >> Natalie >> >Your right. Thanks. >Jim > >

1999-09-22 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity--Speaking there of--Lets see who is! - ("news.bright.net" <moxil@bright.net>)

For Intel Click Here: http://beseen3.looksmart.com/quizlet/g/31651/niblet.html LFN is shown in 50 countries-40 of them are listed in the FAQ of.... http://ljc.simplenet.com/nikita/nikita Give it a try! Booth wrote in message <7s3pnf$kc3$1@ins22.netins.net>... >Jim, I quite agree with you, I "stumbled" onto it myself. Anyone I mention >the show to has never heard of it. Perhaps the US audience prefers to watch >only US actors/actresses. One only has to watch the show once to determine >that thought to be incorrect. >Kim, LFN fanatic > > >Jim Ross wrote in message ... >>I wonder how popular lafemme-nikita is?? >>Until this newsgroup I really hadn't heard of anyone else watching this >>program or how long it has been on. >> >>I started watching it not long ago since there seems to be nothing on >>Sundays and surprised that such a good show is on Sundays I can't believe >>it. >>Jim >> >> > >

1999-09-22 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity--Speaking there of--Lets see who is! - (tasha409@aol.com)

>Jim Ross wrote in message ... >>I wonder how popular lafemme-nikita is?? >>Until this newsgroup I really hadn't heard of anyone else watching this >>program or how long it has been on. >> >>I started watching it not long ago since there seems to be nothing on >>Sundays and surprised that such a good show is on Sundays I can't believe >>it. >>Jim Hey, Jim. What was the first episode you saw that got you hooked? Mine was Charity. I saw it when it was re-run for the first time. I had seen promos for LFN but I figured it was a watered down, silly imitation of the French film (like the American movie) so I never watched until one night when I was flicking the channels and gave it a try. I was just amazed by Peta's acting (really intense, not sweet and fluffy like most actresses out there now) and by all the other actors as well. How did everyone else get into LFN? Tasha

1999-09-22 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity--Speaking there of--Lets see who is! - (captanne@aol.com)

I've already told my tale, but I can re-hash a shortened version. I work overseas *alot* and I was in a German hotel with a wicked case of jet lag. While flipping channels on the box, I ran across this stylish show but couldn't understand a word. Some pretty girl was trying to shoot some Chinese premier and was having these bizarre flashbacks.....when, suddenly, this handsome guy saves both her life and the Premier's. I was smitten. *ahem* Anyway, I took a nap and promptly forgot about it. About 6 months later, having gotten cable at home, finally, I ran across the show here and in English. And, that was that. Took some browsing through Boaquin's transcripts to discover my hotel episode was Brainwashed. Eh, voila! Anne

1999-09-24 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (rerotondo@aol.com)

I only started watching 6 months ago was looking for something going through the channels and it reminded me of Mission Impossible but in Mission they weren't made to do things. I find it very good it's been on 3 years going on 4th. If you look at Spoilers it tells you everthing so you can totally catch up on it. More and more people are just starting to watch it.

1999-09-27 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (coloradogirl@my-deja.com)

I started out catching the end of an episode with Micheal and Lisa F. last november, it didn't make a big impression but a couple of months later I caught the end of Hard Landing; Then One day I was online checking out the er site when I came across the la femme nikita site at wb. I became somewhat interested in the show, and made an effort to check it out after that. I think my real episode was Love and Country were I actually watched the whole show. before I knew it every Sunday I was watching the show, soon after that I began recording the show so I could watch it over and over again. So that's how I got hooked. In article <19990924185733.21300.00001666@ng-ci1.aol.com>, rerotondo@aol.com (REROTONDO) wrote: > I only started watching 6 months ago was looking for something going through > the channels and it reminded me of Mission Impossible but in Mission they > weren't made to do things. I find it very good it's been on 3 years going on > 4th. If you look at Spoilers it tells you everthing so you can totally catch up > on it. More and more people are just starting to watch it. > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.

1999-09-27 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (granvia@aol.comlong)

Welcome, Colorado, and I'm glad LFN hooked you. I'm just a bit surprised that Love and Country was the episode that brought you into our world. Unfortunately, L&C didn't make many of us longtimers too happy. The episode left a bad taste in our mouths. We couldn't stand and understand Operations' motive for going after his wife and her husband. His underhandedness to kill the husband and drug his ex-wife and drive her insane didn't make sense. Was it jealousy? Anger for having perhaps forgotten him and made a happy life with someone else? Although the husband was found guilty -- was he in fact guilty at all? Or was his guilt contrived by Operations? For what purpose? Ego? If it was petty revenge on Operations part, and not just an unfortunate duty, he's damn patient to have waited 21 years to get even with his ex-wife. If that was the case, which we don't know because his motives were deliberately left unclear, as are many things LFN, the episode should have been titled How Low Can You Go. But then if it had, the episode would have taken place on the Bahamas and wouldn't have been shown until season five :-^ . . . G > Glad that LFN is able to spin its web regardless the episode. . . Must be those fresh newbie eyes as opposed to our jades ones that catch the magic regardless. > >I started out catching the end of an episode with Micheal and Lisa F. >last november, it didn't make a big impression but a couple of months >later I caught the end of Hard Landing; Then One day I was online >checking out the er site when I came across the la femme nikita site at >wb. I became somewhat interested in the show, and made an effort to >check it out after that. I think my real episode was Love and Country >were I actually watched the whole show. before I knew it every Sunday I >was watching the show, soon after that I began recording the show so I >could watch it over and over again. So that's how I got hooked. > Co-Web of the LFN Our NGer Gang (L.O.N.G.) A page for, by, and about the alt.tv & alt.fan Newsgroups: NGer photos/site links, LFN terms, NGer name medley, CQS2 convention link, and more! http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/4458/

1999-09-27 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (captanne@aol.com)

Ditto. Love and Country is the one episode that my best friend will not watch with me. She can't stand it when "innocents" are "recruited" and destroyed by Section. She doesn't mind it when they are slimeballs to begin with, though! LOL! Anne

1999-09-27 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (Colin Whipple <colinMPSN@power.net>)

CAPTANNE <captanne@aol.com> wrote in message news:19990927183321.22021.00003017@ng-cj1.aol.com... > Ditto. > Love and Country is the one episode that my best friend will not watch with me. > She can't stand it when "innocents" are "recruited" and destroyed by Section. > She doesn't mind it when they are slimeballs to begin with, though! LOL! > Anne L&C was my least favorite ep. Colin

1999-09-28 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (catknsn@aol.comnospam)

>I'm just a bit surprised that Love and Country was the episode that brought >you >into our world. Hey, my first ep was Darkness Visible. Although that might explain a lot of things in regard to me and which characters I came to like/dislike on the show! Cathy R. Atkinson The Official Alberta Watson Home Page http://www.albertawatson.com The Official Eugene Robert Glazer Page http://www.eugenerobertglazer.com

1999-09-28 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (catknsn@aol.comnospam)

>L&C was my least favorite ep. > Me too. It made Hand to Hand look like a good LFN day by comparison. Cathy R. Atkinson The Official Alberta Watson Home Page http://www.albertawatson.com The Official Eugene Robert Glazer Page http://www.eugenerobertglazer.com

1999-09-28 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (silvrsharp@aol.comnospam)

Love and Country was a twisted plot by the Matrix to test our resistence to pain. It does not exist in reality. sharp (to e-mail, remove "no spam" from the address.)

1999-09-28 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (catknsn@aol.comnospam)

>Love and Country was a twisted plot by the Matrix to test our resistence to >pain. It does not exist in reality. > That's pretty much the viewpoint I've chosen to take. After all, we keep being told to keep an open mind about the facts with LFN. Well, in my reality, that episode never happened and we're going to find that out some day *vbg* Cathy R. Atkinson The Official Alberta Watson Home Page http://www.albertawatson.com The Official Eugene Robert Glazer Page http://www.eugenerobertglazer.com

1999-09-28 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (orit & eli meir <orit_m@inter.net.il>)

my first episode was "Nikita", a few months ago, in one of the reruns on cables. i didn't like the hair she had on her eyes in the first episodes, but i got curios and watched all the episodes shown on TV. only 2 weeks ago i started taping them, to watch on reruns. i am absolutely addicted, because i ran my whole schedule according to the cables time table...

1999-09-28 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (silvrsharp@aol.comnospam)

sharp said: >Love and Country was a twisted plot by the Matrix to test our resistence to pain. It does not exist in reality. > Cathy replied: That's pretty much the viewpoint I've chosen to take. After all, we keep being told to keep an open mind about the facts with LFN. Well, in my reality, that episode never happened and we're going to find that out some day *vbg* and now sharp is hoping: Maybe we will get lucky and there will be a future episode where Nikita suddenly wakes up in the shower and realizes she has been having a Section-induced hallucinogenic episode about that entire event? (to e-mail, remove "no spam" from the address.)

1999-10-04 00:00:00 - Re: Popularity - (coloradogirl@my-deja.com)