FLM films - My Webpage

1998-11-24 00:00:00 - Bandwagon Brigade - (sofeisty@concentric.net)

In honor of Chris' request not to make his wonderful and insightful Behavior Lecture Theory 101 a thread, I have started this only to post a response to his. Chris, I agree with you and have been lurking on the sidelines and only with deep reluctance do I jump into the fray and then back out again. I'm really curious as to why anyone would waste their breath, energy and time on going to the trouble to flame someone who is so obviously looking for a fight. Having been on the opposite end of the flames, not the trolls Thank someone who's looking out for me, I'm curious to see some of the same people who seem to make a sport of it and seem to actually feel good about it. Having said that, this person is obviously trying to disrupt a place that is ALLOWING them to do so. WHY are you giving this person this power and privilege? At some point the respondees become just as big a problem as the original troll. IMHO. Is it so important we make the kill, be the wittiest, most brilliant, most flaming person on the planet? To whom? Not I. I think Whatever is a sorry case. (Sorry Whatever, I don't judge people people based on their words alone but your continual use of vulgar and insulting language has left me to think you don't care what people think. That is fine, neither do I. But as someone who's been in your shoes more than once I have a unique perspective on this. You reap what you sow. Sadly, some of the people helping you reap it seems are always in the thick of the fertilizing...) but I'm seeing a side of some of you, that when I am the one getting blasted I can tune it out, but I'm seeing some real venom being leveled and its not really very pleasant to witness. Last I'm saying on this. I've come to the concuslion that some people like to engage in this kind of crap...so be it. But this is one bandwagon brigade I will gladly pass on... Denise

1998-11-24 00:00:00 - Re: Bandwagon Brigade - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@pacbell.net>)

sofeisty@concentric.net wrote in message <73egnq$flo@journal.concentric.net>... >In honor of Chris' request not to make his wonderful and insightful Behavior >Lecture Theory 101 a thread, I have started this only to post a response to >his. > >Chris, I agree with you and have been lurking on the sidelines and only with >deep reluctance do I jump into the fray and then back out again. > >I'm really curious as to why anyone would waste their breath, energy and >time on going to the trouble to flame someone who is so obviously looking >for a fight. It is interesting how people can view events in different ways. I didn't see any flaming; EZ and the others who responded were clearing having fun, NOT delivering flames. They were not anywhere close to as rude as Whatever was. I was impressed by how well they kept their cool. Colin

1998-11-24 00:00:00 - Re: Bandwagon Brigade - (sofeisty@concentric.net)

Colin, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular. However for those of us on the sidelines who know each other and more importantly for the individuals who may be new who don't, its not a very pretty or 'fun' thing to see. JMHO. Denise Glad to be on the sidelines and not in the middle but still doesn't like the view...

<sigh> I question whether what you are complaining about exists at all. Please provide some specific examples of the flames your message talked about. The only ones I remember seeing came from the troll. The newsgroupers responding were obviously mostly having fun, in a very good-natured way. Colin sofeisty@concentric.net wrote in message <73eho8$gcv@journal.concentric.net>... >Colin, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular. However for those >of us on the sidelines who know each other and more importantly for the >individuals who may be new who don't, its not a very pretty or 'fun' thing >to see. JMHO. > >Denise >Glad to be on the sidelines and not in the middle but still doesn't like the >view... > >

1998-11-24 00:00:00 - Re: Bandwagon Brigade - (sofeisty@concentric.net)

Reread the thread... Who believes vicious, witty, funny, offensive, 'fun', and mob mentality dynamics are all in the eye of the beholder... You are GIVING THIS PERSON WHAT THEY WANT!!! Why do YOU want to to? Denise going back to being a spectator on this subject...

Nope, I have already read those messages. The only flames I saw were from the troll. The ability of the others to disagree WITHOUT flaming was remarkable. Denise, I have seen a number of messages from you in the past where you seemed to be setting up strawmen to knock down. You apparently like creating excuses to look down your superior nose at other people. If you can't provide any examples of flaming from the newsgroupers, I shall have to assume that this is another of your strawmen, whose only reality is in your own mind. Colin sofeisty@concentric.net wrote in message <73ergb$647@chronicle.concentric.net>... >Reread the thread... > >Who believes vicious, witty, funny, offensive, 'fun', and mob mentality >dynamics are all in the eye of the beholder... > >You are GIVING THIS PERSON WHAT THEY WANT!!! Why do YOU want to to? > >Denise >going back to being a spectator on this subject... > >

1998-11-24 00:00:00 - Re: Bandwagon Brigade - (sofeisty@concentric.net)

Colin, why would I repost other words by someone I found were offensive. TO each their own I guess. Besides, in doing so I would be putting that stuff out there again and pointing fingers at individuals in particular. No thanks. I am not 'superior' I just don't see the point in having a feedy frenzy on someone simply because they are asking for it. Geez.. if that is superior attitude then sorry. I think its called restraint. Look at how many of the posters in the thread actually acknowledged themselves that they were 'flaming.' That's what they called it. So...back to my point, which, I agreed with Chris. so lets drop it. That is what he was asking for anyway. Just because someone is asking to be treated badly doesn't mean you have to indulge them... Denise

1998-11-24 00:00:00 - Re: Bandwagon Brigade - (rita7@pacbell.net)

> >They were not anywhere close to as rude as Whatever was. I was impressed by >how well they kept their cool. > >Colin Colin, I bow, fawningly, to your superior powers of observation. <eg> Rita Walter's Wench Saucy Tart # 82 "Anytime anyone in this place starts talking about mom, you know he's got problems." Walter

1998-11-25 00:00:00 - Re: Bandwagon Brigade-- ROFL! - (NJS/home <nancy127@earthlink.net>)

and, when exactly did butter stop melting in _your_ mouth, Denise? <g> sorry all, no baiting or flaming intended, but couldn't let this fascinatingly surreal bit of revisionist history, below, go by without a comment! nance, giving thanks for joyous holiday belly laughs! sofeisty@concentric.net (aka Denise with a new address)wrote: > only with > deep reluctance do I jump into the fray and then back out again. > > I'm really curious as to why anyone would waste their breath, energy and > time on going to the trouble to flame someone who is so obviously looking > for a fight. > > Having been on the opposite end of the flames, not the trolls Thank someone > who's looking out for me, I'm curious to see some of the same people who > seem to make a sport of it and seem to actually feel good about it. > > Having said that, this person is obviously trying to disrupt a place that is > ALLOWING them to do so. WHY are you giving this person this power and > privilege? At some point the respondees become just as big a problem as the > original troll. IMHO. Is it so important we make the kill, be the wittiest, > most brilliant, most flaming person on the planet? To whom? Not I. > > I think Whatever is a sorry case. (Sorry Whatever, I don't judge people > people based on their words alone but your continual use of vulgar and > insulting language has left me to think you don't care what people think. > That is fine, neither do I. But as someone who's been in your shoes more > than once I have a unique perspective on this. You reap what you sow. > Sadly, some of the people helping you reap it seems are always in the thick > of the fertilizing...) but I'm seeing a side of some of you, that when I am > the one getting blasted I can tune it out, but I'm seeing some real venom > being leveled and its not really very pleasant to witness. > > Last I'm saying on this. I've come to the concuslion that some people like > to engage in this kind of crap...so be it. But this is one bandwagon > brigade I will gladly pass on... > > Denise -- NJS/home Xthistle@bigfoot.com (remove X to reply) http://www.angelfire.com/tx/nancy127

1998-11-25 00:00:00 - Re: Bandwagon Brigade-- ROFL! - (KarenMalloy <karenmalloy@email.msn.com>)

I'm going to have to agree with Nancy. It is sort of funny that Denise would all of a sudden act like she is above it all. As I can remember, Denise (aka Dentav, aka Sofeisty) lives for this kind of stuff. *Glitter* NJS/home wrote in message <365C4918.3B73@earthlink.net>... >and, when exactly did butter stop melting in _your_ mouth, Denise? ><g> > > > >sorry all, no baiting or flaming intended, but couldn't let this >fascinatingly surreal bit of revisionist history, below, go by without a >comment! > > > >nance, giving thanks for joyous holiday belly laughs!

1998-11-25 00:00:00 - Re: Bandwagon Brigade-- ROFL! - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@pacbell.net>)

I suspect that Denise sees her subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) condescension as considerably less obnoxious than Whatever's direct insults and foul language. And, IMO, what she posts in this newsgroup IS less obnoxious. But a steady diet of it does get extremely tedious. Colin KarenMalloy wrote in message <#$ZbUXKG#GA.85@upnetnews03>... >I'm going to have to agree with Nancy. It is sort of funny that Denise >would all of a sudden act like she is above it all. As I can remember, >Denise (aka Dentav, aka Sofeisty) lives for this kind of stuff. > >*Glitter*

1998-11-25 00:00:00 - Re: Bandwagon Brigade-- ROFL! - (sofeisty@concentric.net)

Nope sorry. She never did and certainly doesn't anymore if at one time she had a tolerance for it. But thank you for your interpretation of me. I'm glad you are wrong... Denise

1998-11-26 00:00:00 - Re: Bandwagon Brigade-- ROFL! - (srisley@kricket.net)

Would you like a saucer or a glass for that? heh...nance you ARE my hero! :) Lark nancy127@earthlink.net wrote: > and, when exactly did butter stop melting in _your_ mouth, Denise? > <g> > > sorry all, no baiting or flaming intended, but couldn't let this > fascinatingly surreal bit of revisionist history, below, go by without a > comment! > > nance, giving thanks for joyous holiday belly laughs! > > sofeisty@concentric.net (aka Denise with a new address)wrote: > > only with > > deep reluctance do I jump into the fray and then back out again. > > > > I'm really curious as to why anyone would waste their breath, energy and > > time on going to the trouble to flame someone who is so obviously looking > > for a fight. > > > > Having been on the opposite end of the flames, not the trolls Thank someone > > who's looking out for me, I'm curious to see some of the same people who > > seem to make a sport of it and seem to actually feel good about it. > > > > Having said that, this person is obviously trying to disrupt a place that is > > ALLOWING them to do so. WHY are you giving this person this power and > > privilege? At some point the respondees become just as big a problem as the > > original troll. IMHO. Is it so important we make the kill, be the wittiest, > > most brilliant, most flaming person on the planet? To whom? Not I. > > > > I think Whatever is a sorry case. (Sorry Whatever, I don't judge people > > people based on their words alone but your continual use of vulgar and > > insulting language has left me to think you don't care what people think. > > That is fine, neither do I. But as someone who's been in your shoes more > > than once I have a unique perspective on this. You reap what you sow. > > Sadly, some of the people helping you reap it seems are always in the thick > > of the fertilizing...) but I'm seeing a side of some of you, that when I am > > the one getting blasted I can tune it out, but I'm seeing some real venom > > being leveled and its not really very pleasant to witness. > > > > Last I'm saying on this. I've come to the concuslion that some people like > > to engage in this kind of crap...so be it. But this is one bandwagon > > brigade I will gladly pass on... > > > > Denise > > -- > > NJS/home > Xthistle@bigfoot.com (remove X to reply) > http://www.angelfire.com/tx/nancy127 > > -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

1998-11-26 00:00:00 - Re: Bandwagon Brigade-- ROFL! - (pianolds1@aol.com)

>Nope sorry. She never did and certainly doesn't anymore if at one time she >had a tolerance for it. But thank you for your interpretation of me. I'm >glad you are wrong... > >Denise Ummm.......we all might want to take a couple of steps back until certain tempers cool. Listen Up people. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. It won't hurt anyone to take a break while trying to keep the proper perspective. I'm sure that by Friday we'll all be able to put aside and forget what was said. Gail (thinking to herself) *Damn it! You will paste a smile on your faces and have fun or I'll take names and kick some butt!!!*

1998-11-26 00:00:00 - Re: Bandwagon Brigade - (dentavdenise@my-dejanews.com)

Thanks Gail! You know last night I had just gotten back from the most beautiful Thanksgiving Eve service from the church that has transformed and saved my life. The service talked about renewal, thanks, forgiveness, acceptance and staying centered even when the conditions beg for you not to. I didn't think I would be tested quite so soon (as in walking out the door and turning on my computer) but I'm glad it happened that way. I was able to focus on what is real that is the meaning of Thanksgiving and LIFE and the good in people and what was not, ie. THIS. So while its quite easy to focus on what someone was in the past, people change, events change, the world changes. Often times its something we don't want to recognize or accept. That is where the service really moved me. The ability to forgive and move past things that are easier and more convenient to dwell on for one's own sake. And, the ability that choice has in the matter. I could harbor illwill but I CHOOSE not too. Its very empowering to know that I have the choice not to let anyone person, place or thing effect me in that way... Anyway, I'm sure this will invite a whole new round of roasting. But, I wanted to say thank you for your efforts. Happy Thanksgiving to you and others who choose to stay in the spirit of the holidays and all that entails. Forgiveness, acceptance, hope, light and joy. Thanks for your time! Denise -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

1998-11-26 00:00:00 - Re: Bandwagon Brigade - (pianolds1@aol.com)