FLM films - My Webpage

1999-03-18 00:00:00 - Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that - (granvia@aol.comlong)

will make your fingers assault the keyboard! To tell you the truth, I was hesitant to post knowing how people feel about the show and the actors, and in particular Roy, and I'm one of them, but what the hey! If we survived through Jurgen and Lisa and MMWC, this should be a walk in the park! Be warned -- but PLEASE do NOT open your veins, LOL, it is just ... talk...albeit in an interview... So take the Intel, which I got from the Royettes List, which someone translated from a French-Canadian (I believe) magazine interview with Roy -- with the appropriate amount of salt, and Old Lange Sine (sp) destiny. Ready? Take a breath. Another. Deeeeper. One more time.... Hold it .... Now let it go...yeah. Okay, here you go. > >>>> Home Sweet Home ! > > > > Roy Dupuis might not sign a new contract for the series "La Femme Nikita". > That's what the 30-something actor told us the night of the Jutra ceremony. > Usually distant and even reluctant to talk to reporters, Dupuis surprised us > all by answering our questions with enthusiasm. > > "For TV shows, you usually sign a 5-year deal. Right now, I'm waiting for > confirmation on Season 4, and I probably won't sign a contract extension. I > get offers for movie roles, but because of LFN I have to refuse everything. > Recently, I got a very interesting offer, and I had to turn it down even > though shooting for LFN was completed... I was completely exhausted - >on LFN, we work 15-18 hours a day, 9 months out of the year." > > Dupuis recently finished working on a series produced by Robert-Guy Scully, > in whichhe will play the role of Maurice Richard. Even though he spends most > weekends athis house, Dupuis wants to spend even more time at home, writing > and producing documentaries with his girlfriend. "We have a lot of ideas," he > says. "We would also love to write a play." > > > Thanks again, to St phane, who is being so kind and translating all of this! > He is home sick with the flu and so let's all send many warm thoughts his > way!!! >> Do you need resuscitation? "WAKE UP!" Just remember, he didn't say tomorrow, but at the end of his five year contract. So, if he stays true to his word, we've got two more years of Roy after S3, and that would mean into the millenium: 2001 (a space odyssey!) LFN? That remains to be seen, doesn't it? Could the show continue without him? OR Peta for that matter? Personally, I don't think the show could continue without either of them. They are two integral to the show and to each other's characters. But then again, Steed did continue without Mrs. Peele -- but it was not the same.. G > A little saddened with reality Co-Webster of the LFN Our NGer Gang.(L.O.N.G.) A page for, by, and about the alt.tv & alt.fan Newsgroups denizens. http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/4458

1999-03-19 00:00:00 - Re: Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that - (Seabush <seabush@nospam.com>)

I've heard that too. I think he's an important part of the show, but the loss of lead characters hasn't always spelled the end of a TV series. Take NYPD Blue as an example. It make be a contract ploy or a genuine desire of his to move on to other projects. Five years of blank stares can be a bit taxing on an individual. <g> A question I have is can LFN last more than 5 years? Can good material be developed which extends this series for that long? -- Seabush

1999-03-19 00:00:00 - Re: Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that - (Gail <traveler@javanet.com>)

Granvia wrote in message <19990318185558.17428.00000175@ng02.aol.com>... >will make your fingers assault the keyboard! snip snip snip >> >> Roy Dupuis might not sign a new contract for the series "La Femme Nikita". >G > A little saddened with reality > >Co-Webster of the LFN Our NGer Gang.(L.O.N.G.) >A page for, by, and about the alt.tv & alt.fan Newsgroups denizens. > >http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/4458 I have been spending most of my time at the Heyn's Hussies board. Other people are off to other fan sites too which explains the dearth of posting here. I check back every day though. Since LFN hasn't started it's 4th or 5th season yet, I'm not getting too worried about a 6th. It's getting tough to remember that LFN is even on Sunday nights with it being preempted so often. What was it like when you could count on it weekly? Gail aka traveler

1999-03-19 00:00:00 - Re: Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that - (silvrsharp@aol.com)

It was blood pounding tension and total anticipation for the next week (at least for me). Now? Well, when it's on, I watch. But it's no longer a necessity and that, if nothing else, should show USA how badly they screwed up. sharp What was it like when you could count on it weekly? Gail aka traveler

1999-03-19 00:00:00 - Re: Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that - (cins1@aol.com)

1999-03-20 00:00:00 - Re: Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that - (darsy <darsy@pathfindermail.com>)

>It's getting tough to remember that LFN is even on > >Sunday nights with it being preempted so often. What was it like when you > >could count on it weekly? > > > >Gail aka traveler > > I second that !!!! I am suprised they didnt preempt the show this weekend so > that it wont complete with the Oscars! > cins Last season I would spend all week looking forward to LFN, all day Sunday thinking of the show. I was obsessed. This season seems so chopped up that I haven't been able to get into the show hardly at all! I love the show, I do feel that the programing of it thou may be it's downfall. I'm worried, if someone obsessed as I was could start to lose interst, what hope does it have for season 4? darsy

1999-03-20 00:00:00 - Re: Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that - (Phil_Sheridan@webtv.net)

Question seems to be will the show make it through this season. Some Canadians saw "Cat and Mouse" last night and what they are posting is a storyline from hell. TPTB are evidently so arrogant they think viewers will swallow any nonsense they choose to produce. No wonder Roy wants out.

1999-03-20 00:00:00 - Re: Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that - (Seabush <seabush@nospam.com>)

I read a spoiler about it on the alt.fan NG. I didn't realize the show would be airing on Friday in Canada. I thought it would be televised this evening. -- Seabush John P. Sheridan wrote in message <22456-36F3C2B9-15@newsd-174.iap.bryant.webtv.net>... Question seems to be will the show make it through this season. Some Canadians saw "Cat and Mouse" last night and what they are posting is a storyline from hell. TPTB are evidently so arrogant they think viewers will swallow any nonsense they choose to produce. No wonder Roy wants out.

1999-03-22 00:00:00 - Re: Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that - (maf737@aol.com)

In Canada we did see "Cat and Mouse" on Saturday night. It hurt. :)

1999-03-23 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that] - (legainey@ix.netcom.com)

Granvia wrote: > That remains to be seen, doesn't it? Could the show continue without him? OR > Peta for that matter? I think it could survive without Roy but not without Peta. I would miss Roy very much, but he is only on the show in relation to Peta's character. After all, the show is called "La Femme Nikita," not "Le Homme Michael." That being said, who could replace a departed Roy Dupuis? I wouldn't want a character with the same personality as Michael -- strong silent type. That wouldn't be fair to the different actor who would be playing the role. I guess a better question is what kind of new character would give Peta something to work off of AND who would you like to see play him? Or does it have to be a him? -- Marsha

1999-03-23 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that] - (revans7877@aol.com)

the show is gone once he is sad to say but the guy has a bigger fan base than Peta and it might as well be his show I personally would love to see Micheal die and burn in the firey pits of hell for all eternity but that's just me A>A>M " Let them hate me so long as they fear me." That one emperor guy

1999-03-23 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that] - (beck92856@aol.com)

<<<<<personally would love to see Micheal die and burn in the firey pits of hell for all eternity but that's just me A>A>M>>>> Aw. . . . C'mon, Amanda, don't be shy. Tell us how you *really* feel! *vbg* Gudrun, smooching, ducking, and running

1999-03-23 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that] - (Paige Foster <morrigan@earthlink.net>)

legainey@ix.netcom.com wrote: > Granvia wrote: > > > That remains to be seen, doesn't it? Could the show continue without him? OR > > Peta for that matter? > > I think it could survive without Roy but not without Peta. I would miss > Roy very much, but he is only on the show in relation to Peta's > character. After all, the show is called "La Femme Nikita," not "Le > Homme Michael." > > That being said, who could replace a departed Roy Dupuis? I wouldn't > want a character with the same personality as Michael -- strong silent > type. That wouldn't be fair to the different actor who would be playing > the role. I guess a better question is what kind of new character would > give Peta something to work off of AND who would you like to see play > him? Or does it have to be a him? > > -- Marsha I think it would be interesting if they brought in a new recruit for her to train, just as Michael trained her. It would be in keeping with the growth of her character, and would offer us a new perspective from which to learn more about her. Lots of new experiences and dilemmas, and opportunities for different story-lines. O'Brien springs to mind as a good choice... <g> Paige Online Art Gallery: http://home.earthlink.net/~morrigan/

1999-03-24 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so ... - (Phil_Sheridan@webtv.net)

Could LFN survive without Michael? NO!

1999-03-24 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so - (cins1@aol.com)

>Could LFN survive without Michael? Well before we start wondering if the show can survive with out Michael, we should ask ourselves.. Can the show survive with more awful episodes???????? cins,

1999-03-24 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so - (Karl and Karen Horvath <KHORVATH@bc.sympatico.ca>)

Platt96 wrote: > I love the N & M relationship the most, Personally without Michael or Nik the > show would hold no appeal for me. Sorry to say it , but it would be goodbye > for me too! Rosemary I agree with you too. The magic between M & N really sizzles and that's always what kept me watching. I'm a true romantic at heart and it's the only show I ensure I watch. If he decides to leave, they better have a really good finale or I'll be sorely disappointed. "Destined to be apart forever" doesn't do it for me. Cheers!

1999-03-24 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that] - (maryas@aol.comnospam)

<<I think it would be interesting if they brought in a new recruit for her to train, just as Michael trained her.>> Paige, that would keep me interested. I know it would be a challange finding an actor Ms. Wilson (in this role) has the level of charisma (for lack of a better word) with as she does with M. Dupuis. But I do like the plot line! Mary Anne

1999-03-24 00:00:00 - NO!!!! LFN couldn't survive without Michael/Roy!!!! - (Arch <arch99@my-dejanews.com>)

I think it could survive without Roy but not without Peta. I would miss Roy very much, but he is only on the show in relation to Peta's character. After all, the show is called "La Femme Nikita," not "Le Homme Michael." WAIT A MINUTE!!!!, Sorry for yelling,but without Michael or any of the other characters there wouldn't be no La Femme Nikita. Trust me the rating would go down if Roy left the show. Alot of women watch the show just for him. I am a big fan of Roy/Michael as well as Birkoff/Matthew. I have did this a while back on a board concerning the same topic about Nikita. Lets break the word Nikita down using the characters name. THE: N would come out of Nikita's name I would come out of Michael's name K would come out of Birkoff's name I would come out of Madeline's name T would come out of Walter's name A would come out of Operations' name There you go, you have the word Nikita. All the characters on the show spells out Nikita, without anyone of them the word Nikita wouldn't spell out. So don't say the show is Called La Femme Nikita, because of Peta and they don't need Roy. If it wasn't for Roy's character making Peta's one shine, she wouldn't be famous. Lets face the fact here. I love Peta. I think she is a good actress, but keep in mind she is still fairly new to acting. Roy is a pro, as well as Matthew, Eugene(Operations), Don(Walter), Madeline(Alberta) and last but not least Matthew(Birkoff). -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

1999-03-25 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so - (platt96@aol.com)

I love the N & M relationship the most, Personally without Michael or Nik the show would hold no appeal for me. Sorry to say it , but it would be goodbye for me too! Rosemary

1999-03-25 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so - (platt96@aol.com)

Gotta agree with Cins, the writers and Chris H seem to be taking the show on the road to ruin. Wake up you guys ! Without the fan base there is no show!!!! Rosemary

1999-03-25 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so - (revans7877@aol.com)

And that is exactly why they keep trying so hard to keep the stupid thing alive ugh! I like the actual show and not just that one angle which os why most people are watching the show is for that one angle and it really pisses me off but makes me laugh at the same time not even with a spy show can I get away from *&^%ing romantics A>A>M " Let them hate me so long as they fear me." That one emperor guy

1999-03-25 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so - (cins1@aol.com)

1999-03-25 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so - (Cheryl Olds <clo348@worldnet.att.net>)

Yes, in my book it can, because I watch for more reasons then scripts now....though they need to go back to last seasons writers.....I've grown attached to our little LFN ensemble and their acting is first rate. So I will continue to watch. Cheryl <<>> Cins1 wrote in message <19990324143721.15536.00000827@ng104.aol.com>... >>Could LFN survive without Michael? > > >Well before we start wondering if the show can survive with out Michael, we >should ask ourselves.. Can the show survive with more awful episodes???????? > >cins,

1999-03-25 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so - (Suzita <sugeo@att.net>)

REvans7877 wrote in message <19990324194751.16105.00000258@ng56.aol.com>... >And that is exactly why they keep trying so hard to keep the stupid thing alive >ugh! I like the actual show and not just that one angle which os why most >people are watching the show is for that one angle and it really pisses me off >but makes me laugh at the same time not even with a spy show can I get away >from *&^%ing romantics Amanda, babe. I see your point. I want action, and good spy stuff. And I just love it when M snares N with his romance....that is not meant in a true romantic way. I just loved Escape when Nikita saw the writing on the wall! Or Old Habits, when he would let on about what happened with the prostitute. *That* is the interaction I just love to see. (I guess I am a sick puppy.) Suzita > >A>A>M > >" Let them hate me so long as they fear me." > That one emperor >guy >

1999-03-25 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so - (Suzita <sugeo@att.net>)

Cheryl Olds wrote in message <7dcc6q$iqr@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>... >Yes, in my book it can, because I watch >for more reasons then scripts now....though >they need to go back to last seasons writers.....I've grown attached to our >little >LFN ensemble and their acting is first rate. >So I will continue to watch. > >Cheryl Cheryl, I agree. LFN is for me my 'family home night". Just me, my husband, and my little cast of odd cousins and uncle walter. :) Suzita > ><<>> >Cins1 wrote in message <19990324143721.15536.00000827@ng104.aol.com>... >>>Could LFN survive without Michael? >> >> >>Well before we start wondering if the show can survive with out Michael, we >>should ask ourselves.. Can the show survive with more awful >episodes???????? >> >>cins, > >

1999-03-25 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that] - (ahwood@bellsouth.net)

I hope Roy changes his mind. So many actors leave really good shows to do movies and find the "big career" only to find themselves unemployed. He is a marvelous actor, but I hope he stays with LFN a while longer. If he does leave, I like the idea of Nikita training a new recruit. I liked her charisma with the cop in the Season One ep that was shown a couple of weeks ago. Actually, I have liked her charisma with all the males she's played with or against. And I agree...the star of the show is Peta Wilson!!!! Sunny MaryAS wrote in message <19990323232806.11663.00000932@ng30.aol.com>... ><<I think it would be interesting if they brought in a new recruit for her to >train, >just as Michael trained her.>>

1999-03-27 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that] - (gtippitt@bellsouth.net)

While Michael's good looks and quirky delivery of one liners would be missed if he left, Nikita, Ops, Maddy, et al., are a great cast. The writers of LFN are among the best at espionage in a field of many great writers and many real dogs. Actors like Bruce Payne and others have displayed equally good chemistry with Peta (being a jealous "Petaphile", that's saying a lot). Without Peta and Roberta though I'll go back to watching Equalizer reruns! Greg >Granvia wrote: > >> That remains to be seen, doesn't it? Could the show continue without him? OR >> Peta for that matter?

1999-03-28 00:00:00 - Re: NO!!!! LFN couldn't survive without Michael/Roy!!!! - (vbart82689@aol.com)

>If it wasn't for Roy's character making Peta's one shine, she >wouldn't be famous. I think she would be any number of males could step into the Michael role. I hate to say this because I know I lurk, and I will be tarred and feather, but I do not think Roy is that great of an actor. It seems most of the time all he has to do is give a cross look or one of no emotions at all. I have seen nothing that would make him a bigger star above what he is on LFN. > >Lets face the fact here. I love Peta. I think she is a good actress, but keep >in mind she is still fairly new to acting. Roy is a pro, as well as Matthew, >Eugene(Operations), Don(Walter), Madeline(Alberta) and last but not least >Matthew(Birkoff). I think the fact that she is new to acting is an incredible compliment to her abilities. Obviously, TPTB thought so too when they cast her in what could be a long run on USA. I love what Peta has done to this character. She has given TV viewers a strong, sexy, intelligent, and compassionate female character. I dare say no other woman on TV has the luxury of playing such a complex and diffucult role. Vanessa > > > --------------------------------------------------- Zotela: Well, if I ever do do one, it would be with you

1999-03-29 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that] - (druydyre@aol.com)

OK, I read all these posts, and I have a some questions.... About Nikita training a recruit just as Michael trained her.... Doesn't that job rest with someone who is Level 5, just as Michael is? IS Nikita Level 5 yet? About whether it'll survive w/out Michael... I REALLY HATE to say this, because I love the Michael character, but I think that it WILL survive, but only for so long. I agree that Michael is too integral to the show, but you must consider all the things Nikita and Michael have been through and despite all of this, Nikita still loves him. While this could be a positive benefit to Section One because it will keep Nikita loyal (never mind "Escape"), Operations may think otherwise. Remember when he hinted that he may have to cancel one of them ( a la his "dog story" he was telling Madeline ) ? But we shall see what happens..... About the career of RD.... I would really like to see him playing other roles. He's in this show for it's 3rd season and he said he can't do other projects. He IS an actor and he DOES have a career to worry about, but, then again, maybe he's getting paranoid and thinking Operations will cancel Michael. Dana

1999-03-30 00:00:00 - Re: Could LFN Survive w/o Michael? [Was: Posting has been lax...so here's some Roy Intel that] - (khimera@my-dejanews.com)

In article <19990329114613.29962.00001893@ng-fa1.aol.com>, druydyre@aol.com (Druydyre) wrote: > OK, I read all these posts, and I have a some questions.... > > About Nikita training a recruit just as Michael trained her.... Doesn't that > job rest with someone who is Level 5, just as Michael is? IS Nikita Level 5 > yet? > > About whether it'll survive w/out Michael... I REALLY HATE to say this, because > I love the Michael character, but I think that it WILL survive You have a point I sgree it would survive but in all seriousness I doubt it lasts for long either.. And I say this because one of the things that draws me to LFN is the ensemble cast..Yes even Operations as much as I want a Voodoo doll for that man,he is very important part of the formula one that inspite of some lame ducks on occassion works and very well. -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own