FLM films - My Webpage

1998-11-25 00:00:00 - Withdrawl symptoms - (mecca297@my-dejanews.com)

Hello once again from New Zealand. We just had Mercy on, which I liked very much. Unfortunately that now means no more LFN, for goodness knows how long :-( Let's just hope they give us season 2 at some stage! How am I going to cope? At least you North American types get repeats to keep you going ;-) Oh well, I'll just go sulk somewhere :-) Mecca -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

1998-11-25 00:00:00 - Re: Withdrawl symptoms - (allenslh@aol.com)

1998-11-26 00:00:00 - Re: Withdrawl symptoms - (pianolds1@aol.com)

1998-11-27 00:00:00 - Re: Withdrawl symptoms - (T McCleary <mccleary@paradise.net.nz>)

Oh joy, next week when we should have our life-sustaining dose of LFN we are to be treated to a real-tv on a night in the emergency department of University of Pennsylvania Hospital. The reason why we probably won't get reruns of it is because LFN is generally on practically in the middle of the night here which suggests that the programme managers at TVNZ think nobody watches it. Little do they know that we get dressed up special for it....... Oh... should I have shared that?... Pianolds1 wrote in message <19981126005459.04968.00000829@ng14.aol.com>... >>Dear Mecca, I think some of us may be interested;why don't you have reruns in >>New Zealand?What do they show while LFN is on hiatus? I hope not old episodes >>of the Brady Bunch. Mary Ann/Midwest > >Nah...They probably show Hercules and Xena reruns. > >Gail >

1998-11-27 00:00:00 - Re: Withdrawl symptoms - (pianolds1@aol.com)

>The reason why we probably won't get reruns of it is because LFN is >generally on practically >in the middle of the night here which suggests that the programme managers >at TVNZ think nobody >watches it. >Little do they know that we get dressed up special for it....... Oh... >should I have shared that?... Don't worry honey...we won't tell anyone. Gail *reaching for her phone, computer, fax, beeper # listings,etc.*

1998-11-29 00:00:00 - Re: Withdrawl symptoms - (mecca297@my-dejanews.com)

In article <19981125142710.07069.00000456@ng-fu1.aol.com>, allenslh@aol.com (Allenslh) wrote: > > Dear Mecca, I think some of us may be interested;why don't you >have reruns in New Zealand? What do they show while LFN is on > hiatus? I hope not old episodes of the Brady Bunch. Mary Ann/Midwest LOL, no not the Brady Bunch. There's a whole heap of reasons why lots of shows don't get repeated. Partly it's ratings. Also, we only have a few channels, so there's pressure on all the time slots. It depends too on what deal the station made when they bought the show - sometimes they're only licensed to show episodes once (hopefully this isn't the case here, since I've written to them asking them to repeat it. I can hope!). The second half of the season did run with commercial sponsorship (this show is brought to you by...), so hopefully that means it was rating well. At least I'll have the board to give me my LFN fix while I wait :-) Mecca -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

1998-11-30 00:00:00 - Re: Withdrawl symptoms - (mecca297@my-dejanews.com)

Well I had a reply from the tv co, saying they had no plans to repeat the first two series (um, they've only shown one!) but there would be a 'new' series on next year - I think that means season two. Oh well, at least I have something to look forward to now :-) Mecca -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own