FLM films - My Webpage

2001-02-19 06:17:42-08:00 - Re: It's all our Fault.(Season 5) - ("Colin L. Whipple" <colinwNSPM@power.net>)

<shrug> Speak for yourself. I wrote no letter and made no phone calls. This Season 5 crap was perfectly predictable, after the mess they made of Season 4. Colin "garak99(Bill)" <garak99@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:i3929t0sevvd6v1bnovucvkjg0qsgegam4@4ax.com... > We could have just ended the series with Madeline killing herself, > Michael free from Section, Nikita being Operations superior but NO we > got to get a letter writing, phone call making, e-mail sending > campaign going to bring the show back for another season So how does > USA repay us ? They repay us with this really bad makes no sense final > 8 episodes the really stuck it to us This season really sucks but like > I said it's all our fault we have no one to blame but ourselves. > > > > Bill

2001-02-19 13:24:01-05:00 - Re: It's all our Fault.(Season 5) - (Irulan <woodsl@erols.com>)

LOL...I'm starting to think that myself. ::sigh:: -- Irulan from the stars we came, to the stars we return from now until the end of time "garak99(Bill)" <garak99@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:i3929t0sevvd6v1bnovucvkjg0qsgegam4@4ax.com... > We could have just ended the series with Madeline killing herself, > Michael free from Section, Nikita being Operations superior but NO we > got to get a letter writing, phone call making, e-mail sending > campaign going to bring the show back for another season So how does > USA repay us ? They repay us with this really bad makes no sense final > 8 episodes the really stuck it to us This season really sucks but like > I said it's all our fault we have no one to blame but ourselves. > > > > Bill

2001-02-19 13:58:44+00:00 - It's all our Fault.(Season 5) - ("garak99(Bill)" <garak99@mindspring.com>)

2001-02-19 15:08:23+00:00 - Re: It's all our Fault.(Season 5) - (Myna <stish@nospamhome.com>)

"garak99(Bill)" <garak99@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:i3929t0sevvd6v1bnovucvkjg0qsgegam4@4ax.com... > We could have just ended the series with Madeline killing herself, > Michael free from Section, Nikita being Operations superior but NO we > got to get a letter writing, phone call making, e-mail sending > campaign going to bring the show back for another season So how does > USA repay us ? They repay us with this really bad makes no sense final > 8 episodes the really stuck it to us This season really sucks but like > I said it's all our fault we have no one to blame but ourselves. > > > > Bill I disagree. We <I> love the show. I sent a letter asking that it not be cancelled. That doesn't mean that just because it was extended for <our> benefit the writers and TPTB should write <shit like> shows. Don't tell me Warner Bros. would have spent XXX amount of dollars just "for the fans". There was something to be gained by ALL for an additional 8 eps. I know that many of us fans are upset that the shows aren't up to par with what we've had in the past, and we wish they were. This is a ng for talking about every aspect of the show, not just the "good" stuff. I mean, why have the ng at all if all we're going to say is "LFN is great". Why not pick the shows apart? That's what makes it interesting to come here. We don't have to have like opinions on everything.... I peronally felt that after FLYF the show felt incomplete. After watching these final episodes they don't seem so bad. I don't think that the fans really deserve from the writers or anyone else the attitude of "You asked for it, so you deserve whatever the outcome is" And this is my opinion, Myna--rambling on but tired of hearing about "Why does everyone hate LFN so much" or the newest one "You all deserve this for asking for more shows!"

2001-02-19 16:00:33+00:00 - Re: It's all our Fault.(Season 5) - (kismet353437@cs.com)

2001-02-19 16:16:48+00:00 - Re: It's all our Fault.(Season 5) - (Mark LaGrange <marklagrange@earthlink.net>)

> It would have been interesting to have 8 separate wrap up episodes,completely different from each other. What a fantastic idea!!! > The soap opera cliches have no place in Section, that is why Michael is so > popular with the fans and Nikita languishes. He has always been an enigma, a > true moral question mark, the essence of Section 1. I think that nails it, dead on Mark

2001-02-19 22:43:35-08:00 - Re: It's all our Fault.(Season 5) - (rita@writerrita.com)

Hey, Wick, Colin, G and all our other ancient-timers, don't the posts knocking our bitching just crack you up? If they think this is bad they should have been around for season 2, huh? Must admit, 'm soooo disappointed, I wanted them to cancel Quinn last night. She is pegging my annoyance meter almost as bad as you-know-who did. <eg> Rita, who earned her bitch, bitch, bitch license with 5 years of loyalty to the show and both newsgroups--not to mention those West Coast Operative sessions. Anyone up for my chocolate decadence walnut torte, again?

2001-02-20 00:24:38+00:00 - Re: It's all our Fault.(Season 5) - (Ann Meffert <lameffert@worldnet.att.net>)

I like your 8 separate endings concept. We would never know how it really ended and it would go down in history! Kismet353437 wrote: > > >This Season 5 crap was perfectly predictable, after the mess they made of > >Season 4. > > "Predictable" is definitely not what Section was about, especially in the > beginning. IMHO, TPTB could never top the "blood tear" moment, which was a > spark of dramatic brilliance long absent from a truly innovative series. > > What they should have done is used these last 8 episodes in a most unusual > way, never before seen on television. It would have been interesting to have 8 > separate wrap up episodes,completely different from each other. In reverence to > the sorely missed Birkoff, 8 different sims, if you will. > > Just think of the possibilities there. From that point, for future tv movies, > they could have picked up any of the 8 ideas and jumped back in from there. > > If USA/Warner Bros. had their thinking caps on, they could have run an internet > contest to have the fans decide one of the 8 finales. > > I think what they have given us is subterfuged payback for all the ruckus the > fans caused, the paper storms, the remote control siege, and the electronic log > jams. > > The soap opera cliches have no place in Section, that is why Michael is so > popular with the fans and Nikita languishes. He has always been an enigma, a > true moral question mark, the essence of Section 1. > > In the end, they stuck Nikita with convention. They eroded everthing we ever > liked about her and then hung her out to dry chasing after her father, while I > was still on the love boat or at the hand dance or swinging in the rat cage. > > We should have known we were in trouble when the sunglasses came down. > > -Kismet

2001-02-20 02:38:10+00:00 - Re: It's all our Fault.(Season 5) - (Wickeddoll <wickeddoll@nofeckingspamhotmail.com>)

Don't blame me, bucko Natalie, no petition signer

2001-02-20 05:04:09+00:00 - Re: It's all our Fault.(Season 5) - (Dave Kliman <dave@weedkliman.com>)

In article <HFak6.105422$B6.25586964@news1.rdc1.md.home.com>, "Myna" <stish@nospamhome.com> wrote: >"garak99(Bill)" <garak99@mindspring.com> wrote in message >news:i3929t0sevvd6v1bnovucvkjg0qsgegam4@4ax.com... >> We could have just ended the series with Madeline killing herself, >> Michael free from Section, Nikita being Operations superior but NO we >> got to get a letter writing, phone call making, e-mail sending >> campaign going to bring the show back for another season So how does >> USA repay us ? They repay us with this really bad makes no sense final >> 8 episodes the really stuck it to us This season really sucks but like >> I said it's all our fault we have no one to blame but ourselves. >> >> >> >> Bill > >I disagree. We <I> love the show. I sent a letter asking that it not be >cancelled. That doesn't mean that just because it was extended for <our> It wasn't cancelled. it was put on abeyance. -Dave

2001-02-20 06:20:53-08:00 - Re: It's all our Fault.(Season 5) - ("Colin L. Whipple" <colinwNSPM@power.net>)

Some people seem to have an irresistible urge to tell other people what they can say. Attacks on other fans and the actors is one thing. Critical commentary on the show is very different. Colin <rita@writerrita.com> wrote in message news:8e349tss25ogkkeeh5fh1u34604cpeh4ee@4ax.com... > Hey, Wick, Colin, G and all our other ancient-timers, don't the posts > knocking our bitching just crack you up? If they think this is bad > they should have been around for season 2, huh? Must admit, 'm soooo > disappointed, I wanted them to cancel Quinn last night. She is > pegging my annoyance meter almost as bad as you-know-who did. <eg> > Rita, who earned her bitch, bitch, bitch license with 5 years of > loyalty to the show and both newsgroups--not to mention those West > Coast Operative sessions. Anyone up for my chocolate decadence walnut > torte, again?

2001-02-20 17:35:07+00:00 - Re: It's all our Fault.(Season 5) - (Wickeddoll <wickeddoll@nofeckingspamhotmail.com>)

"Colin L. Whipple" <colinwNSPM@power.net> wrote in message news:t94va0de8hdb1e@news.supernews.com... > Some people seem to have an irresistible urge to tell other people what they > can say. > > Attacks on other fans and the actors is one thing. Critical commentary on > the show is very different. > > Colin > > <rita@writerrita.com> wrote in message > news:8e349tss25ogkkeeh5fh1u34604cpeh4ee@4ax.com... > > Hey, Wick, Colin, G and all our other ancient-timers, don't the posts > > knocking our bitching just crack you up? If they think this is bad > > they should have been around for season 2, huh? Must admit, 'm soooo > > disappointed, I wanted them to cancel Quinn last night. She is > > pegging my annoyance meter almost as bad as you-know-who did. <eg> > > Rita, who earned her bitch, bitch, bitch license with 5 years of > > loyalty to the show and both newsgroups--not to mention those West > > Coast Operative sessions. Anyone up for my chocolate decadence walnut > > torte, again? > > Yup... and what gets me is that the two trolls were both either lurkers or newbies. They're lucky this isn't a Star Trek NG. They'd be fried, died, and laid to the side. Natalie