FLM films - My Webpage

2000-01-10 00:00:00 - Re: A couple of pointed questions - (Andrew Nestler <nestler@usc.edu>)

1. Michael knows virtually everything about Section. 2. In fact we had been led to believe that Adrian was killed by Section - I'd say that being kept alive in stasis is a bit nicer than being dead. We don't know why Adrian was brainwashed, anyway - supposedly it somehow was done while she was on the outside. Andrew linda@pressenter.com wrote: > 1. If Section is so damn hard to escape from, how did Michael get > Adrian out? > > 2. They used unproven brainwashing techniques on the Mother of > Section??! I think not. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard > of. What a lame plot point, all in the name of getting Adrian back > into the show. The writers probably thought themselves very clever, > coming up with this twist, but I found it terribly artificial.

2000-01-11 00:00:00 - A couple of pointed questions - (linda@pressenter.com)

1. If Section is so damn hard to escape from, how did Michael get Adrian out? 2. They used unproven brainwashing techniques on the Mother of Section??! I think not. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. What a lame plot point, all in the name of getting Adrian back into the show. The writers probably thought themselves very clever, coming up with this twist, but I found it terribly artificial.

2000-01-11 00:00:00 - Re: A couple of pointed questions - (Dave Jenkins <shelby@mindex.com>)

Didn't you all see the computer screens when Nikita was looking at them? They are continuing to modify her by use of the computers!!! She thinks she is putting one over on them, but what she dosen't realize is that they are making her do everything they want and she dosen't even realize it........... Andrew Nestler wrote: > 1. Michael knows virtually everything about Section. > > 2. In fact we had been led to believe that Adrian was killed by Section > - I'd say that being kept alive in stasis is a bit nicer than being > dead. We don't know why Adrian was brainwashed, anyway - supposedly it > somehow was done while she was on the outside. > > Andrew > > linda@pressenter.com wrote: > > > 1. If Section is so damn hard to escape from, how did Michael get > > Adrian out? > > > > 2. They used unproven brainwashing techniques on the Mother of > > Section??! I think not. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard > > of. What a lame plot point, all in the name of getting Adrian back > > into the show. The writers probably thought themselves very clever, > > coming up with this twist, but I found it terribly artificial.

2000-01-11 00:00:00 - Re: A couple of pointed questions - (Scott Johnson <webmaster@removethis.com>)

I got the impression that Adrian's amnesia was a unknown side effect/result of the deep freeze..... why would they keep a brainless person alive???? Plus, if Ops. and Maddie know she's brainwashed, then that message that Michael sent to them is meaningless..... -- Scott Johnson webmaster@removethis.com To reply via e-mail, replace the word "removethis" with "akghetto". "Andrew Nestler" <nestler@usc.edu> wrote in message news:387AACE2.6BEEB379@usc.edu... > 1. Michael knows virtually everything about Section. > > 2. In fact we had been led to believe that Adrian was killed by Section > - I'd say that being kept alive in stasis is a bit nicer than being > dead. We don't know why Adrian was brainwashed, anyway - supposedly it > somehow was done while she was on the outside. > > Andrew > > linda@pressenter.com wrote: > > > 1. If Section is so damn hard to escape from, how did Michael get > > Adrian out? > > > > 2. They used unproven brainwashing techniques on the Mother of > > Section??! I think not. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard > > of. What a lame plot point, all in the name of getting Adrian back > > into the show. The writers probably thought themselves very clever, > > coming up with this twist, but I found it terribly artificial. >

2000-01-11 00:00:00 - Re: A couple of pointed questions - ("Kenneth G. Hamilton" <kgh@pacbell.net>)

Scott Johnson wrote: > > I got the impression that Adrian's amnesia was a unknown side effect/result > of the deep freeze..... why would they keep a brainless person alive???? > Plus, if Ops. and Maddie know she's brainwashed, then that message that > Michael sent to them is meaningless..... > The deal is that they don't know that she is brain emptied. SInce they never carried out the procedure before, they now believe that she remembers everything, and therefore they will be in deep troble as soon as she contact her dear old friend, George. Michael's task now is to figure out how to manipulate Adrian to suit his goals.

2000-01-12 00:00:00 - Re: A couple of pointed questions - (granvia@aol.comlong)

<linda@pressenter.com> wrote: > 1. If Section is so damn hard to escape from, how did Michael get > Adrian out? Michael is third in command of Section One, there is little he doesn't know about Section. > 2. They used unproven brainwashing techniques on the Mother of > Section??! I think not. Well that would depend on long you have been watching LFN. If only from the third season, then you need to see the last two episodes of the second, Adrian's Garden and End Game. Here's a sypnosis. As Jeremy said, M&O have no love for Adrian. She was in forced retirement for 15 years prior to trying to destroy Section at the end of S2. Operations forced her retirement when he, in a coup it appears, took Section's reigns from her. When Operations again beat her in S2, he told Madeline to kill Adrian to purge herself from her. We assumed she did. Although, many had doubts as to whether Madeline was able to kill her mentor/nemesis, which she apparently didn't, but found satisfaction by turning her into a lab rat. G > I was so glad to see Adrian. I love the character and Siam Phillips. P.S. Adrian is as George said, his Adrian, so M&O have a lot to worry about if George ever finds out what they did to her. Co-Web of the LFN Our NGer Gang (L.O.N.G.) A page for, by, and about the alt.tv & alt.fan Newsgroups: NGer photos/site links, LFN terms, NGer name medley, and more! http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/4458/

2000-01-12 00:00:00 - Re: A couple of pointed questions - (Jeremy <jeremy@exit109.com>)

LessXTreme <lessxtreme@aol.com> wrote: > As Jeremy said, he's Michael. Remember "Mandatory Refusal?" Section vs. > Michael, Michael will always win in the end.... Operations even admitted that, when he said something to the effect of "because of who he is, we don't expect to catch him anytime soon." -- Jeremy | jeremy@exit109.com

2000-01-12 00:00:00 - Re: A couple of pointed questions - (catknsn@aol.comnospam)

2000-01-12 00:00:00 - Re: A couple of pointed questions - (Tante Joan <tante1@airmail.net>)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 19:10:29 -0900, "Scott Johnson" <webmaster@removethis.com> wrote: >I got the impression that Adrian's amnesia was a unknown side effect/result >of the deep freeze..... why would they keep a brainless person alive???? Insurance. At some point, there might be a functional advantage to being able to produce a live Adrian to exhibit to George. Certainly if Michael can gain her confidence enough to follow a script about unknown people for Nikita's benefit, Ops and Madeleine could do as much for George's. >Plus, if Ops. and Maddie know she's brainwashed, then that message that >Michael sent to them is meaningless..... > Not at all. Adrian is one of the few people Madeleine actually fears, or at least regards with enough respect to emulate. Madeleine sterile little orchid fixation is a pale reflection of Adrian's opulent garden. Ops may hate Adrian, but she gives him sleepless nights, too. Those attitudes, combined with their normal level of paranoia, makes them ideal candidates for a ruse like this. Can't you see them, Ops turning on Madeleine, Madeleine presenting a placid exterior while quaking inside. I love it! TJ

2000-01-12 00:00:00 - Re: A couple of pointed questions - (threee@aol.combust.org)

<linda@pressenter.com> wrote: > 1. If Section is so damn hard to escape from, how did Michael get > Adrian out? He's Michael. > 2. They used unproven brainwashing techniques on the Mother of > Section??! I think not. Why not? Ops and Maddie have no love for Adrian. Quite the contrary. -- Jeremy | jeremy@exit109.com

2000-01-12 00:00:00 - Re: A couple of pointed questions - (lessxtreme@aol.com)

>> 1. If Section is so damn hard to escape from, how did Michael get >> Adrian out? > >He's Michael. As Jeremy said, he's Michael. Remember "Mandatory Refusal?" Section vs. Michael, Michael will always win in the end.... >> 2. They used unproven brainwashing techniques on the Mother of >> Section??! I think not. > >Why not? Ops and Maddie have no love for Adrian. Quite the contrary. Indeed, why not? She was Ops and Maddie's mortal enemy, in fact. Can't for the life of me find a reason why they wouldn't want to use her as a guinea pig. She hated Section, and no one would really miss her. She'd be a perfect guinea pig for brainwashing that would make someone totally loyal to Section for those very reasons.

2000-01-13 00:00:00 - Re: A couple of pointed questions - (Scott Johnson <webmaster@removethis.com>)

Yeah, but if Adrian is brainwashed, why would Maddie and Ops have anything to fear. If Michael went to George with her, it could be dismissed as a clone or something. -- Scott Johnson webmaster@removethis.com To reply via e-mail, replace the word "removethis" with "akghetto". "Tante Joan" <tante1@airmail.net> wrote in message news:449EF9C01B196E3E.094181255A32CFC4.DF92C92ADE8D009A@lp.airnews.net... > On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 19:10:29 -0900, "Scott Johnson" > <webmaster@removethis.com> wrote: > > >I got the impression that Adrian's amnesia was a unknown side effect/result > >of the deep freeze..... why would they keep a brainless person alive???? > > Insurance. At some point, there might be a functional advantage to > being able to produce a live Adrian to exhibit to George. Certainly > if Michael can gain her confidence enough to follow a script about > unknown people for Nikita's benefit, Ops and Madeleine could do as > much for George's. > > >Plus, if Ops. and Maddie know she's brainwashed, then that message that > >Michael sent to them is meaningless..... > > > Not at all. Adrian is one of the few people Madeleine actually fears, > or at least regards with enough respect to emulate. Madeleine sterile > little orchid fixation is a pale reflection of Adrian's opulent > garden. Ops may hate Adrian, but she gives him sleepless nights, too. > Those attitudes, combined with their normal level of paranoia, makes > them ideal candidates for a ruse like this. Can't you see them, Ops > turning on Madeleine, Madeleine presenting a placid exterior while > quaking inside. I love it! > > TJ

2000-01-14 00:00:00 - Re: A couple of pointed questions - (mab402@webtv.net)

Michael is level 5, and knows practically as much as ops and Maddie about the section. Think about this too; George owes Michael one for getting Burgoyme(spelling) in "Any means necessary." Michael may have already contacted him for help and George may have only given the ok for Michael's cancellation as a cover. Even if Maddie does go back and back fill the records to make Michael look at fault for the whole Adrian mess, George probably will not believe them. As for Adrian, if it is possible for them to unbrainwash Nikita, why not use the same process on her. If her memory is restored she certainly could give Maddie and ops a run for their money. She could possibly even team up with George to make their lives a living Hell......and help him get back the key file that they blackmailed him out of last season. I'm looking forward to seeing how the writers resolve everything that is going on....the possibilities are endless.

2000-01-15 00:00:00 - Re: A couple of pointed questions - (mij140@aol.com)

>>>Michael, Michael will always win in the end<<<< > >Michael is third in command of Section One, there is little he doesn't know >about Section. But don't you think Ops would have Michael 'cancelled' if he thought Michael was getting 'too smart' for Section (especially considering Michael places Section below his relationship w/Nikita on his priority list)? Yes, I know, they did try to kill Michael in last weeks episode, but wouldn't one think Ops would have tried this long ago? Again assuming Ops believes Michael is becoming too smart for Section? I cannot wait to find out how they bring Michael back in without killing him (in what capacity will he work in Section?). How can Ops empower Michael like he has in the past, especially after having just tried killing the man.

2000-01-17 00:00:00 - Re: A couple of pointed questions - (Dave Jenkins <shelby@mindex.com>)

What did I tell you? They were using the computer screen to do "maintenance" on Nikita!!! I love how it seems they are reducing her to a mere robot! I cant wait to see if Michael breaks her out of it or copes with it and keeps on plugging. Maybe he'll find a new recruit to take "under his wing"!!! The stalemate was great. It is hard to tell whether or not Ops and Maddie think Adrian is still viable and not a veggie. I think Michael will still get to George and let him know what's going on - he's already got George owing him two favors now...... linda@pressenter.com wrote: > 1. If Section is so damn hard to escape from, how did Michael get > Adrian out? > > 2. They used unproven brainwashing techniques on the Mother of > Section??! I think not. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard > of. What a lame plot point, all in the name of getting Adrian back > into the show. The writers probably thought themselves very clever, > coming up with this twist, but I found it terribly artificial.

2000-01-18 00:00:00 - Re: A couple of pointed questions - (tasha409@aol.com)

What did I tell you? They were using the computer screen to do "maintenance" on Nikita!!! I love how it seems they are reducing her to a mere robot! I cant wait to see if Michael breaks her out of it or copes with it and keeps on plugging. Maybe he'll find a new recruit to take "under his wing"!!! What I think is so funny is all the times in the past that Michael told Nikita she should stop being so emotional and caring and "just do the job". He's definitely regretting what he wished for! Tasha