FLM films - My Webpage

1998-07-20 00:00:00 - Okay, Enough Philosophizing & Let's Talk New TV Shows - (granvia@aol.com)

I saw both the Net and Sins of the City, and though I would share my brilliant opinions with you. Spoiler Space for Those Who Have Not Seen Either The Net: Was a bit more interesting than I originally thought it might be. The premise was interesting. Still, the actress, though physically suited for the role, left me lukewarm. She did not impart to me the horrible situation in which she was embroiled. She walked, talked, gestured, lifted her eyebrow, but did not convince me that she understood her dilemma. I got no sense of *real* emotions from her. Hell, were I in her situation, I would be soiling my pants. I would be slamming people against the wall. I would be crying. I would be cursing my multilingual head off while running. Guess what? I know who Sorcerer is: her father. Yes, he had an accent, but what does that mean? I'll tell you, to throw off some viewers. But I bet you that her thought dead, but not really, father is Sorcerer, her protector. Who wants to bet against that? Summation: The series has shaky legs. I liked the bad guys, though. *They* were most interesting. Sins of the City: I liked the show and the premise. I liked the actor(s). Physically, Warner, the lead, is quite interesting; nice voice, compelling eyes, and mouth; appealing man overall. He has a Steve McQueen aura about him. He seems quite comfortable in his skin; a quiet confidence, which I found refreshing. His friend and ally in the show is also interesting and appealing. Acting-wise, everyone in the series did well. Summation: This show's legs are healthier, and have the possibility for a good run. I will be watching next Saturday.

1998-07-20 00:00:00 - Re: Okay, Enough Philosophizing & Let's Talk New TV Shows - (pixiscribe@aol.com)

>(Granvia)<BR> >Date: 7/19/98 8:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time<BR> >Message-id: <1998072003435900.XAA05840@ladder01.news.aol.com><BR> ><BR> >I saw both the Net and Sins of the City, and though I would share my >brilliant<BR> >opinions with you.<BR> ><BR> >Spoiler ><BR> >Space<BR> ><BR> >for<BR> ><BR> >Those<BR> ><BR> >Who<BR> ><BR> >Have <BR> ><BR> >Not<BR> ><BR> >Seen <BR> ><BR> >Either<BR> ><BR> >The Net:<BR> Tried to watch it, but I thought the actress was so...well...blah, that I only lasted for about 15 minutes and turned it off. I didn't think she even pulled off the 'smoldering look' for the promos either. I kept thinking she looked as if her underwear was shifting around or something. Didn't watch Sins of the City at all. Wendy (Can't believe there was no LFN tonight. Grrrr!)

1998-07-20 00:00:00 - Re: Okay, Enough Philosophizing & Let's Talk New TV Shows - (rita7@pacbell.net)

Granvia, I try never to judge a show by the first episode as they have to establish the premise and that can make for some pretty stilted dialogue and cliched plot lines. That said, I think THE NET is going to have a rough time hanging on if it doesn't get a whole lot better. I'm with you, I liked the bad guys. As to SINS, I think it showed great potential. Very likable, flawed protaganist, good premise. Bottom line, The weren't LFN. Geez, I was having Sunday night withdrawals. Rita rita7@pacbell.net

1998-07-21 00:00:00 - Re: Okay, Enough Philosophizing & Let's Talk New TV Shows - (Wickddollnospam@hotmail.com)

I agree with your assessment Rita - the Net has a LONG way to go, but Sins was interesting. I'll give it another go. :-D Natalie, shrugging again On Mon, 20 Jul 1998 23:55:58 GMT, rita7@pacbell.net (Rita Adair-Robison) wrote: >Granvia, I try never to judge a show by the first episode as they >have to establish the premise and that can make for some pretty >stilted dialogue and cliched plot lines. That said, I think THE NET >is going to have a rough time hanging on if it doesn't get a whole lot >better. I'm with you, I liked the bad guys. > >As to SINS, I think it showed great potential. Very likable, flawed >protaganist, good premise. > >Bottom line, The weren't LFN. Geez, I was having Sunday night >withdrawals. >Rita > >rita7@pacbell.net (remove "nospam" from email address to reply) "Wicked little doll, you are not human" "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

1998-07-21 00:00:00 - Re: Okay, Enough Philosophizing & Let's Talk New TV Shows - (rita7@pacbell.net)

1998-07-21 00:00:00 - Re: Okay, Enough Philosophizing & Let's Talk New TV Shows - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

I wonder where they can take this over the long haul. Will this be more than The Fugitive, with computers added in? Colin Rita Adair-Robison wrote in message <35b3fa2d.111554200@news.pacbell.net>... >>I agree with your assessment Rita - the Net has a LONG way to go >Nat, I think they could have done a better story by sticking closer to >the original premise. This silly "Father" coincidence stuff is just >so hackneyed. They have the tools to do a very successful show with >all the computer aficionados out there, but not if they write hoaky >storylines. JMNSHO >Rita > >rita7@pacbell.net

1998-07-22 00:00:00 - Re: Okay, Enough Philosophizing & Let's Talk New TV Shows - (rita7@pacbell.net)