FLM films - My Webpage

2000-07-13 00:00:00 - The sound of the thin green line. - (alfa@melb.alexia.net.au)

I'm not sure if it happens where you are, but at the *very* start of each LFN episode we get here, there is a thin green horizontal line moving down the screen with the LFN logo in the background. Only after this does the action start. Anyway, during this intro stuff, there is a metallic kind of sound which I wont attempt to describe. (You either know what I'm talking about by now or not). Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this sound? (WAV...etc..)

2000-07-17 00:00:00 - Re: The sound of the thin green line. - (damianREMOVETHIS@snet.net.INVALID)

GD, (alfa@melb.alexia.net.au (GD)), wrote on 13 Jul 2000 13:12:45 GMT: >I'm not sure if it happens where you are, but at the *very* start >of each LFN episode we get here, there is a thin green horizontal >line moving down the screen with the LFN logo in the background. >Only after this does the action start. >Anyway, during this intro stuff, there is a metallic kind of >sound which I wont attempt to describe. (You either know what >I'm talking about by now or not). > >Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this sound? (WAV...etc..) > Do you still need this? If I understood what you're referring to, it's the sound at the very end of Nikita's speech about being "falsely accused of a hideous crime". I recorded a copy off tonight's episode, and while I was at it I made a copy of the similar sound they play going into and out of commercials. I could e-mail them out, or perhaps post to an appropriate newsgroup, if someone can suggest one (and if I can figure out how to post a binary - never done that before....) The files are rather large - 560 K for the opening sound and 720 K for the commercial sound, but that's at about CD quality stereo sound. If size is an issue, I can bump the file size down without too much loss to sound quality. -- Damian E-mail: Damian at snet dot net Increasing the Entropy of the Universe Since 1972

2000-07-19 00:00:00 - Re: The sound of the thin green line. - (damianREMOVETHIS@snet.net.INVALID)

GD, (alfa@melb.alexia.net.au (GD)), wrote on 13 Jul 2000 13:12:45 GMT: > >I'm not sure if it happens where you are, but at the *very* start >of each LFN episode we get here, there is a thin green horizontal >line moving down the screen with the LFN logo in the background. >Only after this does the action start. >Anyway, during this intro stuff, there is a metallic kind of >sound which I wont attempt to describe. (You either know what >I'm talking about by now or not). > >Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this sound? (WAV...etc..) > The sound at the very end of Nikita's monologue, and the sound just before the commercial breaks, are now available through the web, thanks to the web masters at "Section E": http://homes.acmecity.com/nikita/oversight/350/ -- Damian E-mail: Damian at snet dot net Increasing the Entropy of the Universe Since 1972

2000-07-22 00:00:00 - Re: The sound of the thin green line. - (alfa@melb.alexia.net.au)

In article <3974f999.76667858@news.snet.net>, damianREMOVETHIS@snet.net.INVALID says... > >>Anyway, during this intro stuff, there is a metallic kind of >>sound which I wont attempt to describe. (You either know what >>I'm talking about by now or not). >> >>Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this sound? (WAV...etc..) >> >The sound at the very end of Nikita's monologue, and the sound just >before the commercial breaks, are now available through the web, >thanks to the web masters at "Section E": > >http://homes.acmecity.com/nikita/oversight/350/ Well, I managed to get an episode that showed it, and a crazy collection of wires, tapes and audio inputs... but I now have the 'metallic sound' that I referred to in the initial posting. It's only 1.96 seconds long, makes a useful 'alert' sound for your system, and is a mere 22K in size. Would it be worthwhile emailing it to you to add to the collection of sounds on that page? cheers...

2000-07-22 00:00:00 - Re: The sound of the thin green line. - (Kathy Best <rascal@inu.net>)

I'd like to have the sound for my PC! Kathy "GD" <alfa@melb.alexia.net.au> wrote in message news:964273896.92051@proxy.alexia.net.au... > In article <3974f999.76667858@news.snet.net>, damianREMOVETHIS@snet.net.INVALID says... > > > >>Anyway, during this intro stuff, there is a metallic kind of > >>sound which I wont attempt to describe. (You either know what > >>I'm talking about by now or not). > >> > >>Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this sound? (WAV...etc..) > >> > >The sound at the very end of Nikita's monologue, and the sound just > >before the commercial breaks, are now available through the web, > >thanks to the web masters at "Section E": > > > >http://homes.acmecity.com/nikita/oversight/350/ > > > > > Well, I managed to get an episode that showed it, and a crazy collection > of wires, tapes and audio inputs... but I now have the 'metallic sound' > that I referred to in the initial posting. > > It's only 1.96 seconds long, makes a useful 'alert' sound for > your system, and is a mere 22K in size. > > Would it be worthwhile emailing it to you to add to the collection > of sounds on that page? > > cheers... >