FLM films - My Webpage

1999-02-08 00:00:00 - Umm kinda weird but funny - (revans7877@aol.com)

in my own sick mind My sister is keeping my cat Darcotta(Dar-kot- ah) (remember her?) my sister has three other cats Simone Minnie and Egypt (can you guess which one I named?) two birds Squeakers and Sweet November well they left the bird cage open and Sweet November got out Darcotta being a kitten went after her and caught the bird by the wing at this point usually a bird goes into the freeze and shiver mode but not sweet november she starting struggling and bit Darcotta on the nose several times Darcotta let her go and ran off the bird decided to chase her down the hallway shreiking her little heart out and bit Darcotta on the tail holding on for dear life while the cat was running and hissing away anyway Da'jana ( we call her the General) mananged to stop laughing long enough to grab the bird, both animals are fine except Sweet November's wing is little senstive and she keeps biting my niece everytime she tries to wrap it loud curses of " Damn bird bite me again and I'll hand feed you the cat." keep coming from the background. A>A>M " Oh I need the darkness the sweetness the sadness the weakness oh I need this I need a lullby a kiss goodnight angel sweet love of my life."

1999-02-09 00:00:00 - Re: Umm kinda weird but not too funny - (rita7@pacbell.net)

G, that is sad. I have a friend who had a somewhat similar circumstance with a very old Amazon she inherited. Pete didn't bite himself, but he did pull out all his feathers and would bite anyone who came near. She finally got him to where it would only go in cycles with the feathers and she just made sure that when she handled him, it was with a bird stick. Good luck. Rita Walter's Wench Saucy Tart # 82 "Anytime anyone in this place starts talking about mom, you know he's got problems." Walter

1999-02-09 00:00:00 - Re: Umm kinda weird but funny - (Heather <hls@west-server.com>)

REvans7877 wrote: > in my own sick mind > > My sister is keeping my cat Darcotta(Dar-kot- ah) (remember her?) my sister > has three other cats Simone Minnie and Egypt (can you guess which one I named?) ummm Minnie?? :) -- "You only get disillusioned if you had illusions to begin with." - Bono, December, 1987 I am happy to go blind. Thank you and good night.

1999-02-09 00:00:00 - Re: Umm kinda weird but funny - (revans7877@aol.com)

1999-02-09 00:00:00 - Re: Umm kinda weird but funny - (kynthelig@aol.com)

>she keeps biting my niece everytime she tries to wrap it loud >curses of " Damn bird bite me again and I'll hand feed you the cat." keep >coming from the background. Mmm, but isn't it a self-respecting carnivorous bird's greatest dream to be hand-fed a cat? =) Maybe she should try another approach. Kyn

1999-02-09 00:00:00 - Re: Umm kinda weird but funny - (beck92856@aol.com)

ROFL Amanda! I would question the veracity of your "tail" if it weren't for my own Spottie, a tiny blue parakeet, who regularly grabs any kitty's tale that happens to be near her cage! I figure she has to be one tough bird to survive in the house with 5 cats! Gudrun

1999-02-09 00:00:00 - Re: Umm kinda weird but not too funny - (granvia@aol.com)

Two years this coming August, I took in a small parrot of no more than five inches in length; green and does not talk, but some whistling. Someone had taken him in from someone and could not keep him because of the pets she had. So now I have two parrots. The other is a larger Amazonian who's been with me forever -- and doesn't talk either! He likes the rhythm of loud sounds. He will imitate the modulation of your speech, and do some marginal whistling, but that's all. Go figure, two parrots and both are vocal idiots. Anyway, the little parrot, who's about five, was passed around through about five owners before landing in my hands. Vicious little thing. Well, defensive, neurotic little thing, who around six months ago began to pull out his feathers. His defensive behavior is understandable given his prior experiences. Some people paid attention to him, others not. One man had him locked up most of the time, and was away most of the day. The parrot would screetch out of fear and loneliness. He did the same with me for about a week; missing the woman he was with last. If you put any object too quickly in front of him, he'll bite. Check, he'll attack. Who knows what may have happened to him, but I can surmise that he might have been taunted. I did say vicious, didn't I? I have had several wounding bites and scratches from him, and one neat half-inch scar on my neck he gave me for moving unexpectedly when he was on top of my left shoulder. He always had this mania to bite things. There are several T-shirts and blouses that met their end at his insatiable beak. Also, he had never flown before I took him in. So he was a clumsy flyer when his feathers finally grew out. He stumbled-flew for a few months, and in time started to pull out his feathers. You could say, he grounded himself, and went back to his preferred mode of transportation, Kamakasing from top of his cage. The nervous neuroticism started, I believe in in part because of constantly being told no at his wanting to bite things; my clothes and me, and whoemever and whatever. Yet he always found things to shred. Sometimes I would give him papers with personal information for him to destroy. After he got through, nobody would ever know what the papers said! My personal non-electric shredder has his uses. Anyway, to make this inadvertently long story longer. His mania has not seized. Now that he knows not to bite (for the most part) humans and their possessions, he now is nearly naked as a jay bird because he started biting on himself. His feathers. Mostly. Now vicious little thing is also a canival. Since he's just about run out of feathers, he started to bite his flesh. Today, I found his back bloody and his left wing chewed. It must hurt so badly, I should know, being bitten by him so often. Sharp, sharp, determined beak, he has; won't let go. After I called a large vet hospital in my area, one of the best in the country, I put him right to bed so he will sleep, and for now, do no further self-mutilation. Tomorrow he's going to a vet who deals in exotics. I hope they can do something for him. Put a collar on him so he will not bite himself any more, and keep it on long enough so his neurosis stops. I tried doing that myself, but it was a heck of a difficult task to do and it was cardboard and easy chewing for him. Didn't last more than five minutes. As I said, not too funny a story, but true. G > Is there anyone who might have had a similar experience with a bird, and the end result? Co-Webster of the LFN Our NGer Gang.(L.O.N.G.) A page for, by, and about the alt.tv & alt.fan Newsgroups denizens. So you don't leave me L.O.N.G.ing for you...here's the address: http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/4458

1999-02-09 00:00:00 - Re: Umm kinda weird but not too funny - (paleoanth@aol.com)

Oh Granvia- Poor you and the poor bird. Not to sound like a total hippie or anything-but have you thought about an animal shrink? Sounds like he needs some behavior therapy. Keep us posted- Paleoanth

1999-02-09 00:00:00 - Re: Umm kinda weird but not too funny - (kynthelig@aol.com)

I hope everything works out for you and your bird, Granvia. I know the feeling of self-destructing housemates. It was a painful post to read. Kyn

1999-02-09 00:00:00 - Re: Umm kinda weird but not too funny - (Suzita <sugeo@att.net>)

Oh Granvia. That is so sad. Maybe he is jealous of the other bird? How about separate rooms for them? Suzita (bird lover) Granvia wrote in message <19990208231345.12589.00000325@ng-fs1.aol.com>... >Two years this coming August, I took in a small parrot of no more than five >inches in length; green and does not talk, but some whistling. > >Someone had taken him in from someone and could not keep him because of the >pets she had. > >So now I have two parrots. The other is a larger Amazonian who's been with me >forever -- and doesn't talk either! > >He likes the rhythm of loud sounds. He will imitate the modulation of your >speech, and do some marginal whistling, but that's all. > >Go figure, two parrots and both are vocal idiots. > >Anyway, the little parrot, who's about five, was passed around through about >five owners before landing in my hands. > >Vicious little thing. > >Well, defensive, neurotic little thing, who around six months ago began to pull >out his feathers. > >His defensive behavior is understandable given his prior experiences. Some >people paid attention to him, others not. One man had him locked up most of the >time, and was away most of the day. The parrot would screetch out of fear and >loneliness. He did the same with me for about a week; missing the woman he was >with last. > >If you put any object too quickly in front of him, he'll bite. Check, he'll >attack. Who knows what may have happened to him, but I can surmise that he >might have been taunted. > >I did say vicious, didn't I? I have had several wounding bites and scratches >from him, and one neat half-inch scar on my neck he gave me for moving >unexpectedly when he was on top of my left shoulder. > >He always had this mania to bite things. > >There are several T-shirts and blouses that met their end at his insatiable >beak. > >Also, he had never flown before I took him in. So he was a clumsy flyer when >his feathers finally grew out. > >He stumbled-flew for a few months, and in time started to pull out his >feathers. You could say, he grounded himself, and went back to his preferred >mode of transportation, Kamakasing from top of his cage. > >The nervous neuroticism started, I believe in in part because of constantly >being told no at his wanting to bite things; my clothes and me, and whoemever >and whatever. > >Yet he always found things to shred. >Sometimes I would give him papers with personal information for him to destroy. >After he got through, nobody would ever know what the papers said! My personal >non-electric shredder has his uses. > >Anyway, to make this inadvertently long story longer. His mania has not seized. > > >Now that he knows not to bite (for the most part) humans and their possessions, >he now is nearly naked as a jay bird because he started biting on himself. His >feathers. Mostly. > >Now vicious little thing is also a canival. > >Since he's just about run out of feathers, he started to bite his flesh. > >Today, I found his back bloody and his left wing chewed. It must hurt so badly, >I should know, being bitten by him so often. Sharp, sharp, determined beak, he >has; won't let go. > >After I called a large vet hospital in my area, one of the best in the country, >I put him right to bed so he will sleep, and for now, do no further >self-mutilation. Tomorrow he's going to a vet who deals in exotics. > >I hope they can do something for him. Put a collar on him so he will not bite >himself any more, and keep it on long enough so his neurosis stops. > >I tried doing that myself, but it was a heck of a difficult task to do and it >was cardboard and easy chewing for him. Didn't last more than five minutes. > >As I said, not too funny a story, but true. > >G > Is there anyone who might have had a similar experience with a bird, and >the end result? > > > >Co-Webster of the LFN Our NGer Gang.(L.O.N.G.) >A page for, by, and about the alt.tv & alt.fan Newsgroups denizens. > >So you don't leave me L.O.N.G.ing for you...here's the address: > >http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/4458