FLM films - My Webpage

2000-09-14 00:00:00 - Why didn't Simone leave the building? - (Generic Viewer <rowedeja@my-deja.com>)

Why didn't Simone leave the building? She could have killed the Glass Curtain leader and still escaped the building and rejoined Michael. Of course, Michael's losing her a second time was a plot device to explain why Michael becomes even more emotionally withdrawn and causes him to draw closer towards Nikita, but that still leaves unanswered the question of what Simone's motivation was for remaining in the building and dying. Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.

2000-09-14 00:00:00 - Re: Why didn't Simone leave the building? - ("Colin L. Whipple" <colinwNSPM@power.net>)

"Generic Viewer" <rowedeja@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8pq1g3$qt$1@nnrp1.deja.com... > Why didn't Simone leave the building? > She could have killed the Glass Curtain > leader and still escaped the building > and rejoined Michael. Of course, > Michael's losing her a second time was > a plot device to explain why Michael > becomes even more emotionally withdrawn > and causes him to draw closer towards > Nikita, but that still leaves unanswered > the question of what Simone's motivation > was for remaining in the building and > dying. Some things were done to her during captivity that caused her to feel.....well....unclean. She did not want to live anymore. Colin

2000-09-14 00:00:00 - Re: Why didn't Simone leave the building? - (Christopher Hadnagy <chrish@areesacomputers.com>)

That is why she didnt want Mike to touch her when he came in. She felt sub-human, you could tell by her actions. It was a powerful scene. Colin L. Whipple <colinwNSPM@power.net> wrote in message news:ss1fk6nict653@news.supernews.com... > > "Generic Viewer" <rowedeja@my-deja.com> wrote in message > news:8pq1g3$qt$1@nnrp1.deja.com... > > Why didn't Simone leave the building? > > She could have killed the Glass Curtain > > leader and still escaped the building > > and rejoined Michael. Of course, > > Michael's losing her a second time was > > a plot device to explain why Michael > > becomes even more emotionally withdrawn > > and causes him to draw closer towards > > Nikita, but that still leaves unanswered > > the question of what Simone's motivation > > was for remaining in the building and > > dying. > > Some things were done to her during captivity that caused her to > feel.....well....unclean. She did not want to live anymore. > > Colin > > >

2000-09-14 00:00:00 - Re: Why didn't Simone leave the building? - (Myna <stish@nospamhome.com>)

I agree. I was thinking 3 long stinking years, living that way. No hopes for being saved, I also wondered what Sparks put her through in those years, as it sounded like pain was a close friend of hers. It gave me shivers. Laura S. "Christopher Hadnagy" <chrish@areesacomputers.com> wrote in message news:096w5.16485$r9.798300@news1.epix.net... > That is why she didnt want Mike to touch her when he came in. She felt > sub-human, you could tell by her actions. It was a powerful scene. >

2000-09-14 00:00:00 - Re: Why didn't Simone leave the building? - (Denise Stoltenberg <denisestoltenber@uswest.net>)

It has always been my opinion that Simone knew Operations would never let her live after being a captive of Glass Curtain for 3 years. They would have cancelled her. She knew Michael would put his own life at risk to try to stop it, so this was her way of saving the man she loved. Generic Viewer wrote: > Why didn't Simone leave the building? > She could have killed the Glass Curtain > leader and still escaped the building > and rejoined Michael. Of course, > Michael's losing her a second time was > a plot device to explain why Michael > becomes even more emotionally withdrawn > and causes him to draw closer towards > Nikita, but that still leaves unanswered > the question of what Simone's motivation > was for remaining in the building and > dying. > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ > Before you buy.

2000-09-14 00:00:00 - Re: Why didn't Simone leave the building? - (EMB <ilookfamous@prodigy.net>)

I'd say I have to agree with this supposition. It's entirely logical (a must for me) Denise Stoltenberg wrote in message <39C12D80.9827AC9A@uswest.net>... >It has always been my opinion that Simone knew Operations would never >let her live after being a captive of Glass Curtain for 3 years. They >would have cancelled her. She knew Michael would put his own life at >risk to try to stop it, so this was her way of saving the man she loved. > >Generic Viewer wrote: > >> Why didn't Simone leave the building? >> She could have killed the Glass Curtain >> leader and still escaped the building >> and rejoined Michael. Of course, >> Michael's losing her a second time was >> a plot device to explain why Michael >> becomes even more emotionally withdrawn >> and causes him to draw closer towards >> Nikita, but that still leaves unanswered >> the question of what Simone's motivation >> was for remaining in the building and >> dying. >> >> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ >> Before you buy. > > >

2000-09-14 00:00:00 - Re: Why didn't Simone leave the building? - (granvia@aol.comlong)

In addition to feeling unclean and knowing that perhaps she was beyond rehabilitation in Section, one thing we discussed before and most agreed, was that Simone realized that Michael was no longer hers. She was looking straight at Nikita's face full of mixed emotion at hers and Michael's emotional reunion. Simone saw Nikita's feelings for Michael, and with her woman's intuition realized that Nikita and Michael had a connection. She also heard Michael say to her, "If I knew you were still alive, I would never have stopped looking for you. I would never have *stopped* loving you." That was quite an emotional scene. Michael still loved her, but no longer was in love with her. She knew he'd care for her and protect her, at least try, but now his heart belonged to Nikita. Tortured, sexually assaulted, betrayed by Section, no longer having the love of her husband, what recourse did she have but to die by her own hand and at least have the pleasure of killing Sparks? G > Good thing she didn't survive to see I Remember Paris :-P Co-Web of the LFN Our NGer Gang (L.O.N.G.) A page for, by, and about the alt.tv & alt.fan Newsgroups: NGer photos/site links, LFN terms, NGer name medley, and more! http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/4458/

2000-09-14 00:00:00 - Re: Why didn't Simone leave the building? - ("Colin L. Whipple" <colinwNSPM@power.net>)

"CAPTANNE" <captanne@aol.com> wrote in message news:20000914202645.20983.00000111@ng-fh1.aol.com... > Simone looked at Nikita with horror on her face because she saw one of Sparks' > guys coming up behind her (Nikita.) > > I definintely can read into that look a realization of Nikita's feelings for > Michael. But, I just couldn't see her understanding that the man weeping on > her shoulder felt the same for this blonde creature standing in front of her > cell. > > And then, look......really LOOK.....at Michael as he seduces Simone out of her > cell. He truly cares about her. His face....that concern. That caring. I'm > not sure Michael knows how he feels but I don't think he's thinking about > Nikita. He's completely involved with his new-found wife. I think you are right on both counts. Michael has something of an emotional involvement with Nikita by then, but I don't think it is fully developed. It could quickly be overwhelmed by his feelings for Simone. Colin

2000-09-15 00:00:00 - Re: Why didn't Simone leave the building? - (EMB <ilookfamous@prodigy.net>)

So true- Recall how many times he defied not only orders but death itself to save Nikita.... Isabelle wrote in message <39C186C4.9EE460EE@cybercable.fr>... >Apparently Micahel saw her fall but never got close enough to her body to see >if she was dead. It's hard to think Michael wouldn't run to her side,

2000-09-15 00:00:00 - Re: Why didn't Simone leave the building? - (Sue Anderson <bccsuea@sprynet.com>)

I think after being tortured and God knows what for three years, it's possible that Simone was more interested in getting revenge on Sparks than in escaping. Who knows how twisted someone's mind could get after three years of that? The possibility of escape might have seemed unreal, while killing Sparks would be the ultimate good thing to do. Sue

2000-09-15 00:26:45+00:00 - Re: Why didn't Simone leave the building? - (captanne@aol.com)

2000-09-15 04:17:48+02:00 - Re: Why didn't Simone leave the building? - (Isabelle <kadyn@cybercable.fr>)

And let's not forget that when Michael tells to Nikita how he thinks Simone has died, he explains they got separated and there were a lot of shooters. Apparently Micahel saw her fall but never got close enough to her body to see if she was dead. It's hard to think Michael wouldn't run to her side, guess he was badly hurt. But anyway, he never saw a body and believed her dead. Maybe he was still a little naive about Section back then... It makes me wonder... kadyn "Colin L. Whipple" wrote: > "CAPTANNE" <captanne@aol.com> wrote in message > news:20000914202645.20983.00000111@ng-fh1.aol.com... > > Simone looked at Nikita with horror on her face because she saw one of > Sparks' > > guys coming up behind her (Nikita.) > > > > I definintely can read into that look a realization of Nikita's feelings > for > > Michael. But, I just couldn't see her understanding that the man weeping > on > > her shoulder felt the same for this blonde creature standing in front of > her > > cell. > > > > And then, look......really LOOK.....at Michael as he seduces Simone out of > her > > cell. He truly cares about her. His face....that concern. That caring. > I'm > > not sure Michael knows how he feels but I don't think he's thinking about > > Nikita. He's completely involved with his new-found wife. > > I think you are right on both counts. Michael has something of an emotional > involvement with Nikita by then, but I don't think it is fully developed. > It could quickly be overwhelmed by his feelings for Simone. > > Colin -- "A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or else what's Heaven for?" Robert Browning