FLM films - My Webpage

1998-10-23 00:00:00 - gee whiz! - (linda@pressenter.com)

I'd like to know why I am always reading responses to posts I've never seen?! Like the third season stuff. I see a few responses here, but not the original post(s). This really bugs me. Anyone else experiencing this?

1998-10-23 00:00:00 - Re: gee whiz! - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

That usually means that your ISP (pressenter.com?) is not picking up all the news posts. Colin linda@pressenter.com wrote in message <3630b403.10779850@news.pressenter.com>... >I'd like to know why I am always reading responses to posts I've never >seen?! > >Like the third season stuff. I see a few responses here, but not the >original post(s). > >This really bugs me. Anyone else experiencing this? > >

1998-10-23 00:00:00 - Re: gee whiz! - (brinabt@aol.com)

I believe the original message was posted to the Section 2 list not the newsgroup. Brina > >That usually means that your ISP (pressenter.com?) is not picking up all >the news posts. > >Colin > >linda@pressenter.com wrote in message ><3630b403.10779850@news.pressenter.com>... >>I'd like to know why I am always reading responses to posts I've never >>seen?! >> >>Like the third season stuff. I see a few responses here, but not the >>original post(s). >> >>This really bugs me. Anyone else experiencing this? >>

1998-10-23 00:00:00 - Re: gee whiz! - (Gabriela <gcastagnino@rocketmail.com>)

linda@pressenter.com wrote in message <3630b403.10779850@news.pressenter.com>... >I'd like to know why I am always reading responses to posts I've never >seen?! > >Like the third season stuff. I see a few responses here, but not the >original post(s). > >This really bugs me. Anyone else experiencing this? It happens to me too. All I can say is ... Be patient ;-) (I really hate this phrase). Previous messages appear usually the following day. I assumed that my ISP gets messages from some ISPs faster that from others. I'm sorry I can't help, but I can relate!! ;-P Gabie

1998-10-24 00:00:00 - Re: gee whiz! - (Wickddollnospam@hotmail.com)

The reason this happens is that posts from alt.fan are answered by folks like myself, who subscribe to both newsgroups. Therefore, our responses to the other NG show up in both places. Hope that helps. :-D Natalie, cybergeek On Fri, 23 Oct 1998 16:52:08 GMT, linda@pressenter.com wrote: >I'd like to know why I am always reading responses to posts I've never >seen?! > >Like the third season stuff. I see a few responses here, but not the >original post(s). > >This really bugs me. Anyone else experiencing this? > > (remove "nospam" from email address to reply) "Wicked little doll, you are not human" "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

1998-10-25 00:00:00 - Re: gee whiz! - (pianolds1@aol.com)

1998-10-25 00:00:00 - Re: gee whiz! - (rita7@pacbell.net)

>The reason this happens is that posts from alt.fan are answered by folks like myself, who subscribe >to both newsgroups. Therefore, our responses to the other NG show up in both places. > >Hope that helps. Nope, fraid not, Wick as I am on both and am still missing messages.

1998-10-25 00:00:00 - Re: gee whiz! - (rita7@pacbell.net)

>I'd like to know why I am always reading responses to posts I've never >seen?! Yep, is happening to me, too.

1998-10-26 00:00:00 - Re: gee whiz! - (Heather <hlsX@Xwest-server.com>)

Wickddoll wrote: > The reason this happens is that posts from alt.fan are answered by folks like myself, who subscribe > to both newsgroups. Therefore, our responses to the other NG show up in both places. > > Hope that helps. > > :-D > > Natalie, cybergeek no i dont think thats it cause i get all the messages without any problem and i only subscribe to this group. -- For a non-spam reply please remove both X's. Thank you and good night.

1998-10-29 00:00:00 - Re: gee whiz! - (James & Carol Manuel-Schroeder <cjwms@c2i2.com>)

Not only does that happen to me as well, but sometimes, a message I have read will come up the next day as being "unread". Strange. Carol linda@pressenter.com wrote: > I'd like to know why I am always reading responses to posts I've never > seen?! > > Like the third season stuff. I see a few responses here, but not the > original post(s). > > This really bugs me. Anyone else experiencing this?