FLM films - My Webpage

1998-06-04 00:00:00 - Canadian Fans - (ea490@FreeNet.Carleton.CA)

I only just found this ng less than a week ago. I 've only posted a couple of times but I get the feeling that it's mostly american. How many canadians post on this ng? To answer someone's previous question about what episode you would show to a newbie, I'd like to say that Not Was isn't a good one. My friend watched nikita for the first time on monday when this ep was on. He totally didn't get how great the show was. I'd definately suggest to newbies to watch the very first episode, war and the very last episode of the first season. They were by far the best. At the end of first season- did any of you think that the series was over? I did because canadian shows don't normally do well and there had been no indication in the newspapers that Nikita would be back for a second season. I"m so glad it did come back :)

1998-06-04 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans - (clbcrb@aol.com)

>At the end of first season- did any of you think that the series was over? I did because canadian shows don't normally do well and there had been no indication in the newspapers that Nikita would be back for a second season. I"m so glad it did come back :) >> Well, since I wasn't on line at the end of the first season and therefore not a part of the speculation that I'm sure went on for months prior to announcement of Season 2, I just assumed that LFN would be picked up for a second season. The show caught on here right away from what I could tell. Had a great timeslot once they moved it to Sunday....looked tome like a keeper. As far as Canadians on this NG....I think that when the same eps are being aired in both areas Canadians tend more to come here. Otherwise I have heard some Canadians refer to the NG as a Canada-free zone.. simply because they have to remember we are viewing eps in a different order then you are. But, speaking for myself, I love when Canadians join in. All we ask for is spoiler spaces...because there are lots of people that want to be spoiled and will read your posts right away. Domino

1998-06-04 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans - (AJ <AJBryan@sprintmail.com>)

Tracie Maher wrote: > I only just found this ng less than a week ago. I 've only posted a couple of times but I get the feeling that it's mostly american. How many canadians post > on this ng? To answer someone's previous question about what episode you > would show to a newbie, I'd like to say that Not Was isn't a good one. My > friend watched nikita for the first time on monday when this ep was on. He > totally didn't get how great the show was. I'd definately suggest to newbies > to watch the very first episode, war and the very last episode of the first > season. They were by far the best. At the end of first season- did any of you > think that the series was over? I did because canadian shows don't normally > do well and there had been no indication in the newspapers that Nikita would > be back for a second season. I"m so glad it did come back :) ... in the old days Canadian produced shows didn't do well but don't get stuck in the 70's & 80's ... LFN has American powers that be using Toronto location, crew and most of the talent is CDN ... just look at all the shows out of Hollywood north aka Vancouver and now look at all the shows out of Toronto ... Earth: Final Conflict, PSI Factor and LFN to name a few ....... In the past CDN talent fled to Hollywood but now lots remain to feed the need in Toronto & Vancouver and such just a few cents ... aj

1998-06-05 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans - (paleoanth@aol.com)

1998-06-05 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans - (jencchs@aol.com)

>From: Wickddoll@my-dejanews.com >Natalie, addicted and LOVING it. (how many of you are old enough to remember >what show that 'and LOVING it' line came from? Hint: it's another spy show.) What decade did it come from???? The 1930s or the 1830s????? J/K Hey Guess what......I am now out of HIGH SCHOOL. Officially I am a College Freshman!!!!! Yeaaaaaaaaa ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jen, Senior Pride '98!!!!! Birkoff- "Uh-oh, she's hot for the guy." Nikita- "Up yours, Birkoff." Birkoff- "Any time, babe. My number's in the book." Nikita & Birkoff---La Femme Nikita....USA Network

1998-06-05 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans - (jencchs@aol.com)

Some good shows are filmed in Canada....Like the X-Files(I should say it WAS filmed in Canada), Highlander was(til this last season), & a show I remember.....it was on Nickelodeon(Sp?) Called You Can't Do That on Television....it started Alanis Morrisette Before she started singing. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jen, Senior Pride '98!!!!! Birkoff- "Uh-oh, she's hot for the guy." Nikita- "Up yours, Birkoff." Birkoff- "Any time, babe. My number's in the book." Nikita & Birkoff---La Femme Nikita....USA Network

1998-06-05 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans - (Wickddoll@my-dejanews.com)

In article <6l70gj$it6@freenet-news.carleton.ca>, ea490@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Tracie Maher) wrote: > > > I only just found this ng less than a week ago. I 've only posted a couple of times but I get the feeling that it's mostly american. How many canadians post > on this ng? To answer someone's previous question about what episode you > would show to a newbie, I'd like to say that Not Was isn't a good one. My > friend watched nikita for the first time on monday when this ep was on. He > totally didn't get how great the show was. I'd definately suggest to newbies > to watch the very first episode, war and the very last episode of the first > season. They were by far the best. At the end of first season- did any of you > think that the series was over? I did because canadian shows don't normally > do well and there had been no indication in the newspapers that Nikita would > be back for a second season. I"m so glad it did come back :) > You see, my problem with showing some of my favorite eps of the show to newbies is that the REASON I think they're so great, is that they answer a lot of questions about the characters. If you show an ep that has great significance to die-hard fans (War, Half Life, etc) they won't have the same impact on a newbie. That's why I suggested First Mission for the 'June 14th...June 14th...' thread. I think it encompasses a lot of elements of the continuing storyline and at the same time shows the multiple dimensions of the main characters. We love the faves because we already love the characters; but someone who has not seen the show wouldn't 'get it'. :-D Natalie, addicted and LOVING it. (how many of you are old enough to remember what show that 'and LOVING it' line came from? Hint: it's another spy show.) -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

1998-06-05 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans - (amdm@my-dejanews.com)

In article <6l70gj$it6@freenet-news.carleton.ca>, ea490@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Tracie Maher) wrote: > > > I only just found this ng less than a week ago. I 've only posted a couple of times but I get the feeling that it's mostly american. How many canadians post > on this ng? To answer someone's previous question about what episode you > would show to a newbie, I'd like to say that Not Was isn't a good one. My > friend watched nikita for the first time on monday when this ep was on. He > totally didn't get how great the show was. I'd definately suggest to newbies > to watch the very first episode, war and the very last episode of the first > season. They were by far the best. At the end of first season- did any of you > think that the series was over? I did because canadian shows don't normally > do well and there had been no indication in the newspapers that Nikita would > be back for a second season. I"m so glad it did come back :) > Welcome to the NG Tracie! Right now, I think our Canadian friends are hiding out because you folks have been getting new eps and we have been in reruns, and I think they are trying not to "spoil" their American cousins (actually, I think torture is more accurate! We are very jealous - our new eps don't happen until June 14th.) Believe me, I think I can speak for everyone in this NG that we are ecstatic that LFN had a second season, and is coming back for a third (at least here in the US, hopefully for you too). Jrzygirl -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

1998-06-06 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans/Moi aussi! - (Topaz & Micha <Topaz@videotron.ca>)

Hi, my name is Anne aka Micha and this is my first time posting here... I am french canadian, from Montreal and me too am having a hard time keeping my mouth shut about the new episodes we've been seing!!! I can't stand it, I'm going to explode with pent(sp?) up emotions specially after NOT WAS!!! And we still get a new one on Monday - Double Date...! Then, the famed ARC is back with Special Ops... *sigh* Melanie wrote : <Hey, we're still lurking around here, hopping up and down, with our <hands over our mouths, waiting to discuss the "new" episodes. We really <want to talk about what happened when XXXXXX went and XXXXX to which <XXX's only XXXX was XXXXXX but we're waiting. Almost patiently. And <especially the episode where XXXX got to XXXX XXXX and then XXX said <XXX. To prove I am Canadian, I will now spell color: colour.> Hehehe, I spell colour that way too!! Must be a Canadian thing...<bg> Oh well, guess this board will be generating like crazy after the US see new eps on June 14th... and they get to see Soul Survivor (have to rewatch that one...) already way too long ago it played<g> � la prochaine, Anne - Micha (as in Meeshah - means half cat in French) "Que c'est beau, c'est beau la vie" Jean Ferrat http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Boulevard/1407

1998-06-06 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans/Moi aussi! - (pixiscribe@aol.com)

>And we still get a new one on Monday - Double >Date...! Yeah Yeah...Rub it in! :D Welcome to the NG Anne! Wendy (still waiting for the re-runs to end)

1998-06-06 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans - (Chibi Mokona <akane13@rogers.wave.ca>)

Paleoanth wrote: > >> I only just found this ng less than a week ago. I 've only posted a couple > >of times but I get the feeling that it's mostly american. How many canadians > >post > >> on this ng? To answer someone's previous question about what episode you > >> would show to a newbie, I'd like to say that Not Was isn't a good one. My > >> friend watched nikita for the first time on monday when this ep was on. He > >> totally didn't get how great the show was. I'd definately suggest to > >newbies > >> to watch the very first episode, war and the very last episode of the first > >> season. They were by far the best. At the end of first season- did any of > >you > >> think that the series was over? I did because canadian shows don't normally > >> do well and there had been no indication in the newspapers that Nikita > >would > >> be back for a second season. I"m so glad it did come back :) > >> > > Oh Welcome!! I am always happy to have new Canadian friends. Hopefully when > the new eps start back up, the other canuks will come back. We miss you guys!! > > Paleoanth Oh, I'm not the only Canadian. I actually only found the list a couple days ago. Honestly I only started watching Nikita a month ago. I guess it's just one of those shows that you only have to see once to just love the charactors, and have to see more. ttyl, Sonia =)

1998-06-07 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans - (AJ <AJBryan@sprintmail.com>)

yeap! ... what about "neighbourhood", "cheque", and the correct use of adverbs ... Oh you know ... the words with "ly" on the end ... "realLY nice" and "seemingLY" etc thanks for reminding me I am Canadian!!! kidnapped in Houston, (at least it's warm in the winter and my pool never freezes!!!) ;-D ......... AJ

1998-06-07 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans/Moi aussi! - (spigeon@total.net)

1998-06-07 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans - (spigeon@total.net)

1998-06-07 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans - (Mike Polischuk <polmic@idirect.com>)

...and loving it! .. the show was Get Smart, the character was Maxwell Smart, Agent 86 ... oops... sorry about that Chief! :) Mike Wickddoll@my-dejanews.com wrote in message <6l7cfp$quc$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>... >In article <6l70gj$it6@freenet-news.carleton.ca>, > ea490@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Tracie Maher) wrote: >> >:-D > >Natalie, addicted and LOVING it. (how many of you are old enough to remember >what show that 'and LOVING it' line came from? Hint: it's another spy show.) > >-----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- >http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

1998-06-07 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans/Moi aussi! - (brinabt@aol.com)

In article <35799A6A.35F7@videotron.ca>, Topaz & Micha <Topaz@videotron.ca> writes: >Hi, my name is Anne aka Micha and this is my first time posting here... >I am french canadian, from Montreal and me too am having a hard time >keeping my mouth shut about the new episodes we've been seing!!! I can't >stand it, I'm going to explode with pent(sp?) up emotions specially >after NOT WAS!!! And we still get a new one on Monday - Double Date...! >Then, the famed ARC is back with Special Ops... *sigh* > > Hi Anne Great to meet you and thanks for all those wonderful spoilers. Can't wait to read your spoiler on the next ep. Brina

1998-06-07 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans/Moi aussi! - (paleoanth@aol.com)

1998-06-07 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans/Moi aussi! - (clbcrb@aol.com)

1998-06-08 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans - (dan <danseyb@snip.net>)

Drat! Missed it by that much. dan Mike Polischuk wrote: > > ...and loving it! .. the show was Get Smart, the character was Maxwell > Smart, Agent 86 ... oops... sorry about that Chief! > > :) > > Mike > > Wickddoll@my-dejanews.com wrote in message > <6l7cfp$quc$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>... > >In article <6l70gj$it6@freenet-news.carleton.ca>, > > ea490@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Tracie Maher) wrote: > >> > >:-D > > > >Natalie, addicted and LOVING it. (how many of you are old enough to > remember > >what show that 'and LOVING it' line came from? Hint: it's another spy > show.) > > > >-----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- > >http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

1998-06-08 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans - (Wickddoll@my-dejanews.com)

In article <357b53ab.0@nemo.idirect.com>, "Mike Polischuk" <polmic@idirect.com> wrote: > > ...and loving it! .. the show was Get Smart, the character was Maxwell > Smart, Agent 86 ... oops... sorry about that Chief! > > :) > > Mike > > Wickddoll@my-dejanews.com wrote in message > >> > >:-D > > > >Natalie, addicted and LOVING it. (how many of you are old enough to > remember > >what show that 'and LOVING it' line came from? Hint: it's another spy > show.) > > VERY GOOD! Wow, I thought everyone had given up on my little quiz. :-D Natalie, fondly remembering the 60s. -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

In article <357B62C3.5ABEE39@snip.net>, danseyb@snip.net wrote: > > Drat! > > Missed it by that much. > dan LOL! I ASKED you not to tell me that! :-D Natalie, in MAXimum new ep withdrawal. > > > Mike Polischuk wrote: > > > > ...and loving it! .. the show was Get Smart, the character was Maxwell > > Smart, Agent 86 ... oops... sorry about that Chief! > > > > :) > > > > Mike > > > > Wickddoll@my-dejanews.com wrote in message > > <6l7cfp$quc$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>... > > >In article <6l70gj$it6@freenet-news.carleton.ca>, > > > ea490@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Tracie Maher) wrote: > > >> > > >:-D > > > > > >Natalie, addicted and LOVING it. (how many of you are old enough to > > remember > > >what show that 'and LOVING it' line came from? Hint: it's another spy > > show.) > > > > > >-----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- > > >http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading > -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

1998-06-08 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

Wickddoll@my-dejanews.com wrote in message <6lggv7$ipu$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>... >> >Natalie, addicted and LOVING it. (how many of you are old enough to >> remember >> >what show that 'and LOVING it' line came from? Hint: it's another spy >> show.) >> > > >VERY GOOD! Wow, I thought everyone had given up on my little quiz. I have been waiting for you to bring out the Cone of Silence, to put over the off-topic messages. :-) Colin

1998-06-08 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans - (hondarill@aol.com)

1998-06-08 00:00:00 - Re: Canadian Fans - (melpor <melpor@bellsouth.net>)

Chief: May I ask for the Cone of Silence? OH MAX! (99) Wickddoll@my-dejanews.com wrote: > In article <357B62C3.5ABEE39@snip.net>, > danseyb@snip.net wrote: > > > > Drat! > > > > Missed it by that much. > > > dan > > LOL! I ASKED you not to tell me that! > > :-D > > Natalie, in MAXimum new ep withdrawal. > > > > > > > Mike Polischuk wrote: > > > > > > ...and loving it! .. the show was Get Smart, the character was Maxwell > > > Smart, Agent 86 ... oops... sorry about that Chief! > > > > > > :) > > > > > > Mike > > > > > > Wickddoll@my-dejanews.com wrote in message > > > <6l7cfp$quc$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>... > > > >In article <6l70gj$it6@freenet-news.carleton.ca>, > > > > ea490@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Tracie Maher) wrote: > > > >> > > > >:-D > > > > > > > >Natalie, addicted and LOVING it. (how many of you are old enough to > > > remember > > > >what show that 'and LOVING it' line came from? Hint: it's another spy > > > show.) > > > > > > > >-----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- > > > >http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading > > > > -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- > http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

In article <1998060815541200.LAA03899@ladder03.news.aol.com>, hondarill@aol.com (HondaRill) wrote: > > >VERY GOOD! Wow, I thought everyone had given up on my little quiz. > > Would you believe.......... > > Can't talk now, my shoe phone is ringing!! > LOL! Loved the shoe! Could you picture Micheal talking into a size 11? ROFLMAO! Hey Litle or DG, I'm sure you could come up with a funny LFN/Get Smart spoof. Come on, you can do it. :-D Natalie, digressing in anticipation of new eps. -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading