FLM films - My Webpage

1998-09-08 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

Allenslh wrote in message <1998090902323900.WAA04224@ladder01.news.aol.com>... >>) Operations' character just becomes more unbelievable for >>> me each week. The guy's a total wackadoo and yet he's running *the* most > >>Right up there with Fruit Loop and Nut Bar..... >>he he he >> > >How about 220 wiring does not come into his box? Or one I heard on the >radio-"several fries short of a Happy Meal" Any others to desribe the" >Wackadoo" Operations? Mary Ann/ Midwest > Here in Calif. we say "One taco short of a combination plate". Colin

1998-09-08 00:00:00 - SPOILER - End Game questions - (rubyeuropa@my-dejanews.com)

Finally rewatched End Game after a real night's sleep. Unfortunately, I fell asleep the night it aired, too, and missed the first 14 minutes. :( Can someone please tell me what happened in that time? When I woke up and looked at the tv, Nikita was leaning over Birkhoff trying to get Michael's address. Questions -- 1)Was Nikita wanting Michael's address so she could tell him about her work for Operations re: Adrian? 2)In the Kitchen scene, when Michael's saying "please" -- is he saying it wanting Nikita to trust him, or for himself? Just seemed a lot of currents moving about in that one word... 3) Again the Kitchen scene, what did he mean by "this is our last chance?" Meaning if Nikita didn't cooperate, that was their last chance together? Or simply *her* last chance as an operative in Section? If it's the former, isn't that a form of emotional blackmail? He continually rebuffs her but now all of a sudden shows this amazing interest *because* he wants something from her... 4) If Maddy is, as Adrian claims, the Section ho <g>, does that mean her and Michael probably had some kind of intimate relationship when Michael came to Section? 5) Operations' character just becomes more unbelievable for me each week. The guy's a total wackadoo and yet he's running *the* most covert anti-terrorist organization on the planet? Either give Operations back his brains or get rid of the character. -- Ruby ~~between the horses of love and lust we are trampled, underfoot~~ -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

rubyeuropa@my-dejanews.com wrote in message <6t3opc$svm$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>... >Finally rewatched End Game after a real night's sleep. Unfortunately, I fell >asleep the night it aired, too, and missed the first 14 minutes. :( Can >someone please tell me what happened in that time? When I woke up and looked >at the tv, Nikita was leaning over Birkhoff trying to get Michael's address. > >Questions -- 1)Was Nikita wanting Michael's address so she could tell him >about her work for Operations re: Adrian? I don't remember the show ever saying. I figured she was just being nosy. :-) 2)In the Kitchen scene, when >Michael's saying "please" -- is he saying it wanting Nikita to trust him, or >for himself? Just seemed a lot of currents moving about in that one word... >3) Again the Kitchen scene, what did he mean by "this is our last chance?" >Meaning if Nikita didn't cooperate, that was their last chance together? Or >simply *her* last chance as an operative in Section? If it's the former, >isn't that a form of emotional blackmail? He continually rebuffs her but now >all of a sudden shows this amazing interest *because* he wants something from >her... Lots of room for discussion there. I would not want to answer these without rewatching. Colin

1998-09-08 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (EZBunkus <ELZBURNS@Prodigy.Net>)

rubyeuropa@my-dejanews.com writes: > sniperoola..... 5) Operations' character just becomes more unbelievable for > me each week. The guy's a total wackadoo and yet he's running *the* most > covert anti-terrorist organization on the planet? Either give Operations back > his brains or get rid of the character. > > -- > Ruby Wackadoo? Wackadoo! I just love this word! he he he Right up there with Fruit Loop and Nut Bar..... he he he EZBee, sugar booger, snicklefritz.....

1998-09-09 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (Jaida <NOSPAM@sprintmail.com>)

Chris Touhey wrote in message <35F5FF80.EF98C8FB@CUTonramp.net>... >EZ's right, I love wackadoo! Great term. Here's a few saying's I've heard >that apply to the crew... > >Operations - "Lower'n a snakes belly in a wagon wheel rut" > >Madeline - "That dog'll hunt with anybody" > >Nikita - "Finer'n frog hair" > >Walter - "Been rode hard & put up wet" > >------------------------- >Well, I drew a blank on Michael & Birkoff. I'll have to cheat and steal from a >master...Mark Twain > >Michael - "Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a >human soul." > >Birkoff - "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, -- not absence of >fear." > >Operations- "The human race consists of the dangerously insane and such as are >not." > >Madeline - "There is no other life; life itself is only a vision and a dream, >for nothing exists but space and you." > >Nikita - "As out of place as a Presbytarian in hell." > >Walter - "Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been." > >Everyone - "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated." > >Me - "Grief can take care of itself; but to get the full value of joy, you must >have somebody to divide it with." > >Chris, way out in left field tonight... Left field suits you! These are great! Jaida >

1998-09-09 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (EZButterfingers <ELZBURNS@Prodigy.Net>)

"Colin Whipple" <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com> writes: > > Allenslh wrote in message > <1998090902323900.WAA04224@ladder01.news.aol.com>... > >>) Operations' character just becomes more unbelievable for > >>> me each week. The guy's a total wackadoo and yet he's running *the* most > > > >>Right up there with Fruit Loop and Nut Bar..... > >>he he he > >> > > > >How about 220 wiring does not come into his box? Or one I heard on the > >radio-"several fries short of a Happy Meal" Any others to desribe the" > >Wackadoo" Operations? Mary Ann/ Midwest > > > > Here in Calif. we say "One taco short of a combination plate". > > Colin > A few sandwiches short of a picnic, His elevator doesn't go all the way to the top, The lights are on, but nobody's home, EZBee, or just dumb as dirt.... > >

1998-09-09 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (rubyeuropa@my-dejanews.com)

In article <1998090902323900.WAA04224@ladder01.news.aol.com>, allenslh@aol.com (Allenslh) wrote: > How about 220 wiring does not come into his box? Or one I heard on the > radio-"several fries short of a Happy Meal" Any others to desribe the" > Wackadoo" Operations? Mary Ann/ Midwest A few cans short of a six-pack? Elevator doesn't go to the top floor? Both oars ain't in the water? His screen has frozen? Lights are on and nobody's home? :) -- Ruby ~~love is clockworks and cold steel, fingers too numb to feel, squeeze the handle, blow out the candle, love is blindness~~ -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

1998-09-09 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (rubyeuropa@my-dejanews.com)

In article <QMlJ1.359$vQ.17980028@nntptransit.lsan03.pbi.net>, "Colin Whipple" <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com> wrote: > Here in Calif. we say "One taco short of a combination plate". :) :) By the way, Colin, I haven't forgotten about sending you those Sedona pictures. Just haven't had a chance to re-scan them in yet. Sorry! Seriously, though -- about Operations, is anyone having a hard time with that character's behavior lately? Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great actor and I love the character *as it was* in the first season and first-half of this season. But he's slowly shooting all his marbles <g> so, either they are going to eventually eliminate his character, it's building to some kind of confrontation/mutiny/coup, or it's really bad writing :) -- Ruby ~~don't believe what you hear, don't believe what you see.. if you just close your eyes you can feel the enemy~~ -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

1998-09-09 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

rubyeuropa@my-dejanews.com wrote in message <6t6dmr$n1o$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>... > >Seriously, though -- about Operations, is anyone having a hard time with that >character's behavior lately? Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great actor >and I love the character *as it was* in the first season and first-half of >this season. But he's slowly shooting all his marbles <g> so, either they are >going to eventually eliminate his character, it's building to some kind of >confrontation/mutiny/coup, or it's really bad writing :) > I am kind of baffled. I thought some of the stuff we saw building between Ops and Madeline would be resolved in the couple eps of the season, but that was not really touched on. I guess it will be part of Season 3. Colin

1998-09-09 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (allenslh@aol.com)

>) Operations' character just becomes more unbelievable for >> me each week. The guy's a total wackadoo and yet he's running *the* most >Right up there with Fruit Loop and Nut Bar..... >he he he > How about 220 wiring does not come into his box? Or one I heard on the radio-"several fries short of a Happy Meal" Any others to desribe the" Wackadoo" Operations? Mary Ann/ Midwest

1998-09-09 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (Chris Touhey <ctouhey@CUTonramp.net>)

Ruby wrote: > >) Operations' character [snip] a total wackadoo [snip] Mary Ann wrote: > How about 220 wiring does not come into his box? Or one I heard on the > radio-"several fries short of a Happy Meal" Any others to desribe the" > Wackadoo" Operations? ----------------------- EZ's right, I love wackadoo! Great term. Here's a few saying's I've heard that apply to the crew... Operations - "Lower'n a snakes belly in a wagon wheel rut" Madeline - "That dog'll hunt with anybody" Nikita - "Finer'n frog hair" Walter - "Been rode hard & put up wet" ------------------------- Well, I drew a blank on Michael & Birkoff. I'll have to cheat and steal from a master...Mark Twain Michael - "Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul." Birkoff - "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, -- not absence of fear." Operations- "The human race consists of the dangerously insane and such as are not." Madeline - "There is no other life; life itself is only a vision and a dream, for nothing exists but space and you." Nikita - "As out of place as a Presbytarian in hell." Walter - "Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been." Everyone - "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated." Me - "Grief can take care of itself; but to get the full value of joy, you must have somebody to divide it with." Chris, way out in left field tonight...

1998-09-09 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

Allenslh wrote in message <1998090902323900.WAA04224@ladder01.news.aol.com>... >>) Operations' character just becomes more unbelievable for >>> me each week. The guy's a total wackadoo and yet he's running *the* most > >>Right up there with Fruit Loop and Nut Bar..... >>he he he >> > >How about 220 wiring does not come into his box? Or one I heard on the >radio-"several fries short of a Happy Meal" Any others to desribe the" >Wackadoo" Operations? Mary Ann/ Midwest 'Somebody's home, but they're sitting in the dark! Suzita (clueless) >

1998-09-09 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (rita7@pacbell.net)

>snicklefritz..... meow. :-} Rita "Like a moth to the flame-I yearn for the light, but find only heat. Damn! That's hot!"

1998-09-10 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (rubyeuropa@my-dejanews.com)

In article <1998091001453900.VAA16275@ladder01.news.aol.com>, catknsn@aol.com (CATKNSN) wrote: > I think they left a lot of possibilities for next season. First, most people > thought she was going to be out for revenge after In Between. But then, he > saved her butt in Adrian's Garden, which muddies the waters. Does she hate him > for a decision he made nine years ago, or does she forgive him because of his > more recent actions? What does motivate him - is it love or merely a desire to > control her? I think they left the door wide open to continue developing > things in Season Three. The front and screen door <g>. I like not knowing what Madeline will do (if she does anything) because it leaves you wondering. But for a man in Operations' position to be acting the way he has been in the last many episodes without having it directly affect operative behavior (and missions themselves) or anyone even seemingly thinking his behavior is way out of line, has me wanting to bring out my huge life-sized red editorial pen. :) -- Ruby ~~starting a landslide in my ego~~ -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

1998-09-10 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (rubyeuropa@my-dejanews.com)

In article <1998091001424200.VAA18664@ladder03.news.aol.com>, catknsn@aol.com (CATKNSN) wrote: > I think they're just trying to make the character more layered - revealing some > of the things he's done in the past, some of his motivations. That's fine, but his behavior's been out and out *crazy* many times. Too unbelievably so for me. As if he's becoming a cariacture of himself. I like seeing him lose control or become emotional (though not too often; I don't want to see any character get all verklempt for too long). And he needs to stop constantly deciding to cancel Nikita. It's too old and has lost its effect; he ends up sounding like a garrulous old man. Especially since the show *is* called LA FEMME NIKITA <g>. But seriously, it would be more dramatic for me if one of the other characters were threatened with cancellation (like Walter was) because those are plausible... > I also think > they're trying to illustrate that Ops is subject to the same kinds of human > failings that he prohibits in his operatives, and they're also making the > "absolute power corrupts absolutely" point. So he's being Napoleanic? > people to see. Now we are getting to see the vulnerabilities and weaknesses. You see vulnerability? I'm seeing a guy who, as Robin Williams said in Good Morning, Vietnam, is in "dire need of a blow job" <bg> and has become just plain evil personified for me.... Or at least a lithium poster-child candidate :) > I personally find this much more interesting than portraying him as the > infallible, perfect (by Section's standards) Section leader. I don't want that, either. That would be utterly dull. One of my favorite Operations moments is in the Virus episode, when he breaks the glass (and his own policy) and rushes to Madeline's aid. I *loved* that scene. We saw the tenderness and compassion that is within the man, even if it was only a glimpse. > What I think *might* happen is that we'll see Michael holding Ops' slips over > his head and Ops giving Michael more power and latitude in order to keep his > own position. And that could mean some interesting changes in Michael's life. Ooooh! I *love* that scenario! That's it, you gotta write an episode for the show :D -- Ruby ~~starting a landslide in my ego~~ -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

1998-09-10 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (beck92856@aol.com)

EZ - you should know that here in the South, we say they must be a member of the DAR club - dumb as a rock! Gudrun, spoofing her southern heritage

1998-09-10 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

rubyeuropa@my-dejanews.com wrote in message <6t8tih$66f$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>... > >And he needs to stop constantly deciding to cancel Nikita. It's too old and >has lost its effect; he ends up sounding like a garrulous old man. Especially >since the show *is* called LA FEMME NIKITA <g>. But seriously, it would be >more dramatic for me if one of the other characters were threatened with >cancellation (like Walter was) because those are plausible... ITA, those threats have no credibility with me. >> I personally find this much more interesting than portraying him as the >> infallible, perfect (by Section's standards) Section leader. > >I don't want that, either. That would be utterly dull. One of my favorite >Operations moments is in the Virus episode, when he breaks the glass (and his >own policy) and rushes to Madeline's aid. I *loved* that scene. We saw the >tenderness and compassion that is within the man, even if it was only a >glimpse. That would get my vote for the best sequence involving Ops in the series. Colin

1998-09-10 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (va_linda@my-dejanews.com)

Actually I have enjoyed watching what they have done with Ops character. The writers were starting to scare me a little when it looked like he was turning sappy but then bounced back to an even more evil self when he tried to get Nikita to do his dirty work and kill Maddies husband. That evil look she gave him at the end was perfect. Personally, I just can't get into the romantic story line between those two though. Kind of like picturing my parents making love, i just don't want to go THERE! As for Nikita being cancelled, well your right of course. We all know she is not going to get cancelled, the show is La Femme Nikita. At first I thought that was kind of weak but I guess even though we know it wont happen, her character doesn't and watching her deal with the threat does make for some interesting storylines. I liked that fact that Bob Cochran said in the recent chat that season 3 would be more about the missions and larger than life villians. Nikita can totally kick butt out on a mission, and I am getting a little tired of all the in section stuff. va -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

1998-09-10 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (EZBarbarian <ELZBURNS@Prodigy.Net>)

beck92856@aol.com (Beck92856) writes: > EZ - you should know that here in the South, we say they must be a member of > the DAR club - dumb as a rock! > > Gudrun, spoofing her southern heritage he he he Dumb as a sack full of hammers. EZBee

1998-09-10 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (rubyeuropa@my-dejanews.com)

In article <alTJ1.33$r04.696666@nntptransit.lsan03.pbi.net>, "Colin Whipple" <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com> wrote: > > > ITA, those threats have no credibility with me. You wouldn't be surprised if Walter or Birkhoff were canceled? -- Ruby ~~starting a landslide in my ego~~ -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

1998-09-10 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (catknsn@aol.com)

rubyeuropa@my-dejanews.com wrote in message <6t9cfm$saq$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>... >In article <alTJ1.33$r04.696666@nntptransit.lsan03.pbi.net>, > "Colin Whipple" <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com> wrote: >> >> >> ITA, those threats have no credibility with me. > >You wouldn't be surprised if Walter or Birkhoff were canceled? Oh, I would be astonished. That would be a bigger shock than Michael having a wife and children. Colin

1998-09-10 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (melpor <melpor@bellsouth.net>)

EZBarbarian wrote: > beck92856@aol.com (Beck92856) writes: > EZ - you should know that here in the South, we say they must be a member of > > the DAR club - dumb as a rock! > > > > Gudrun, spoofing her southern heritage > > he he he > > Dumb as a sack full of hammers. > > EZBee or the Appalachian slant...dumber than a coal bucket... Melissa

1998-09-10 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (rita7@pacbell.net)

>Dumb as a sack full of hammers. snicker. or as we'd say in TX, dumber 'n' dirt. Rita "I am woman, hear me ro. . .uh, no, wait. I am roaring hear me wom. . . uh, no. Mmmm, has anyone seen my medication?"

1998-09-10 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (catknsn@aol.com)

>I am kind of baffled. I thought some of the stuff we saw building between >Ops and Madeline would be resolved in the couple eps of the season, but that >was not really touched on. I think they left a lot of possibilities for next season. First, most people thought she was going to be out for revenge after In Between. But then, he saved her butt in Adrian's Garden, which muddies the waters. Does she hate him for a decision he made nine years ago, or does she forgive him because of his more recent actions? What does motivate him - is it love or merely a desire to control her? I think they left the door wide open to continue developing things in Season Three. Cathy

1998-09-10 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (maryas@aol.com)

Ez, one of my favorites.... dumb as a box of rocks <G> Mary Anne

1998-09-11 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

CATKNSN wrote in message <1998091020051400.QAA20870@ladder03.news.aol.com>... >> But for a man in >>Operations' position to be acting the way he has been in the last many >>episodes without having it directly affect operative behavior (and missions >>themselves) or anyone even seemingly thinking his behavior is way out of >>line, has me wanting to bring out my huge life-sized red editorial pen. :) >> > >Oh, I don't disagree a bit! I think his behavior HAS affected missions - or >what would you call Mandatory Refusal? Nikita totally saved the day in that >one, Ops was willing to sacrifice both the mission and Michael in order to >cater to the SOTW's demands, even though he knew perfectly well that might not >succeed in saving Maddy's life. If not for Nikita's intervention, the entire >mission would have gone down the tubes and most likely both Maddy and Michael >would have been killed. >And Ops would have had to take the heat for the entire situation. I do think >somebody needs to whack Ops alongside the head and point out that he needs to >grow a memory and consider the times Nikita has been successful instead of just >her most recent screw-up. > >And I think that someone HAS noticed his behavior - Michael. I think we're >going to see a lot more of what we saw at the end of Last Night. Michael's >tired of playing second fiddle and he's infuriated when he gets totally left >out of the loop as he was in AG and EG. I think that entire situation is going >to explode next season. > >Cathy I think you're right about Michael. At least I hope so. Ops said, in Mandatory Refusal, what may also apply to Michael (at least for me): "Putting emotions ahead of a mission goes against everything I believe in". But we saw him do it at least twice this season. As for Michael, I think this IS the very thing he struggles with and is losing the battle. Suzita

1998-09-11 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (catknsn@aol.com)

1998-09-11 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (va_linda@my-dejanews.com)

1998-09-11 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (EZBlankie <ELZBURNS@Prodigy.Net>)

catknsn@aol.com (CATKNSN) writes: > >I hope everyone gets what they want out of the show also, heck > >if they do show them between the sheets together I can always close my eyes > >for a few seconds if it is something that others would like. > > Boy, I sure had to do that when Nikita when kissing Jurgen. Sorry for those of > you who liked him but...personally?....ewwwwwwww. > > Cathy Well, I have a basket under the TV of full soft nerf or beanie baby balls, animals etc that I pelt the TV with when something happens I don't like... LFN has given rise to many such passionate moments.... Works real good too, and then I have exercise of picking them up..... EZBee, Sometimes closely your eyes ain't enough.... J proved that....

1998-09-11 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (rubyeuropa@my-dejanews.com)

In article <1998091020165100.QAA19573@ladder01.news.aol.com>, catknsn@aol.com (CATKNSN) wrote: > I agree. LOL. I don't think Maddy's going to let him cancel Nikita, plain and > simple. I think she has a better view of the big picture and Nikita's total > value, whereas Ops wants to have these pissed-off reactions to only what has > happened in the last 30 minutes. Exactly! We have someone with these incredible knee-jerk reactions running an organization such as Section? It can't last long. So, are we witnessing his disintegration as a leader? Will Michael or Madeline step into his shoes? > I'm waiting for Ops to be threatened with cancellation. I think that's coming. > Remember, he has bosses too and there's no way he can hide all the recent > screw-ups. I don't want him to end up dead, but I do want to see what he has > to do to save himself and who ends up helping him/who ends up hoping he does > end up dead. That would make for a very interesting episode. > Hey, we agree on that. That's my favorite scene of his too, because it's my > proof that he is not, as you said earlier, evil personified. What did he have > to gain by that one? He wasn't infected. He knew he was exposing himself. He > was willing to die in order to be with her. ::nods in agreement:: And that's been at the root of my frustration overall with this 2nd season... stagnant one-dimensional characters and predictable behavior. But not this episode. I've have never imagined Operations reacting that *strongly* - it was very touching, and all the more so *because* Section is such a brutal place. Any sort of human emotion thus stands out. -- Ruby ~~starting a landslide in my ego~~ -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

1998-09-11 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (srsaima@aol.com)

>>Dumb as a sack full of hammers. >snicker. or as we'd say in TX, dumber 'n' dirt. >Rita or as we say here in North Car'lina---dumber than Jesse Helms at a gay rights rally SrSaima (who prefers to not claim Helms as a native son)

1998-09-11 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (va_linda@my-dejanews.com)

I > you who liked him but...personally?....ewwwwwwww. > > Cathy No offense to anyone who liked him either, but I have to agree. He just seemed like a big dork with bad hair and a bad accent. va -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

1998-09-11 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (Dinky5@webtv.net)

dont forget Helms has a pig valve in his heart,poor pig mike

1998-09-12 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (Jaida <NOSPAM@sprintmail.com>)

Suzita wrote in message <6ted0g$8sp@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>... >I certainly did not trust Jurgen, from the get-go. As for Nikita in those >eps, l'll say what my mom always taught me "If you don't have something nice >to say, then don't say anything." ;-) But I do think that Jurgen's presence >served a purpose in the overall growth of Nikita. And as for the restraint >the Michael perfected, I loved watching him come to terms with mission v. >personal agendas. Didn't enjoy it for him, though. And I hated the >testosterone match between Jurgen and Michael. Could have done without >that. Loved Walter's line about getting 'primal.' I had to giggle at the >image of Michael and Jurgen partaking in primal scream therapy to come to >terms with their hatred. ;-) > I am looking forward to the arc. As always, I get more out of an episode when I view it in hindsight. (But not when I'm spoiled for an ep just airing). I didn't trust Jurgen during the whole arc, and now I know that he was a good guy, in his own way. It may open the door to a bunch of new observations. As for the changing accent, I propose a drinking game. Slam one every time you hear another accent, then come here and try to make an intelligent post. Jaida

Clbcrb wrote in message <1998091300531200.UAA12411@ladder01.news.aol.com>... >>The only episodes that I've missed are "Friend" and "Rescue". I hope they >>rerun them soon, but if not, Domino, feel free to tell me what I've missed! >> >>Jaida > >LOL...Jaida, my spoiler for "Friend" was in the 800 posts you just read but >I'm sure all was a blur when you got to it. But now you're on my OHMIGOD >list. Not "Rescue"? How can you survive without having seen "Rescue"? I'm >totally sweating bullets now. This ep was epic ! I'll bet it will be >replayed, it was during the 2nd season though...the Thursday after "Moby Dick" >aired.....I remember that well as does, I am sure, Justice. <Domino waves >excitedly to Section's legal advisor>. > >So many very cool things in "Rescue" and an ep where Roy Dupuis really got the >chance to polish his acting chops. > >Just tell me when you're ready to be spoiled and I will oblige my own take on >it. > >Domino >purveyor of severly skewed spoilage > Oooo, I'm ready, I'm ready. Jaida

1998-09-12 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

va_linda@my-dejanews.com wrote in message <6tdmf0$7rl$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>... > >> >> Hmm, pretty smart EZ. I'll have to try that. I'm having to think >> real hard about whether I can stand to watch the "arc" again. My >> stomach turns at the thought of watching J, but there were some good >> moments for the rest of the cast that I hate to miss. What a >> quandary. >> >> Rita > >Rita, the only part of the arc I am going to watch is Special Ops, the rest >is too sickening. I plan to dodge the boards, lists etc while TP and AZ is >shown. I could not bear to discuss that gawd awful arc one more time! It's >all been ground into the dirt way to often. I think the writers temporarily >lost their sanity :o). Now if anyone out there liked it and is reading this, >please don't mind me! I am glad some people out there enjoyed it, what a >waste of time if no one had. > >va >> >> "I am woman, hear me ro. . .uh, no, wait. >> I am roaring hear me wom. . . uh, no. Mmmm, has anyone >> seen my medication?" >> I certainly did not trust Jurgen, from the get-go. As for Nikita in those eps, l'll say what my mom always taught me "If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything." ;-) But I do think that Jurgen's presence served a purpose in the overall growth of Nikita. And as for the restraint the Michael perfected, I loved watching him come to terms with mission v. personal agendas. Didn't enjoy it for him, though. And I hated the testosterone match between Jurgen and Michael. Could have done without that. Loved Walter's line about getting 'primal.' I had to giggle at the image of Michael and Jurgen partaking in primal scream therapy to come to terms with their hatred. ;-) I think the arc resulted in our seeing a new way for Nikita handle her situations. With few exceptions, (the girl in Last Night), we saw Nikita more successfully separating her private self from her public (work) self. At least openly and in front of other Section-ites. Suzita (having brain-jam this morning, hoping it clears in time to see Mercy tomorrow....only saw the last 15 minutes of it last year!) > >-----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- >http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

1998-09-12 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (clbcrb@aol.com)

Clbcrb wrote in message <1998091218280300.OAA21008@ladder03.news.aol.com>... >>Suzita (having brain-jam this morning, hoping it clears in time to see Mercy >>tomorrow....only saw the last 15 minutes of it last year!) >> >> > >Ohmigod....first Jen and Rita missed "Friend" and now you tell me you only saw >the last 15 minutes of "Mercy". I'm getting way stressed about all this new >intel. You must watch "Mercy" at all costs. Do I have to give my tedious take >on all things wondferful about "Mercy"? There's a lot ! > >You've been warned...... > >Domino Please do. :-) I know the gist of it, of course, but don't know all that lead up to it. Suzita (just in case the brain-jam doesn't go away.)

1998-09-12 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (Cheryl Olds <CLO348@worldnet.att.net>)

DITTO Cheryl <<>> va_linda@my-dejanews.com wrote in message <6tbti9$ev2$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>... >I >> you who liked him but...personally?....ewwwwwwww. >> >> Cathy > >No offense to anyone who liked him either, but I have to agree. He just seemed >like a big dork with bad hair and a bad accent. > >va > >-----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- >http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

Clbcrb wrote in message <1998091218280300.OAA21008@ladder03.news.aol.com>... >>Suzita (having brain-jam this morning, hoping it clears in time to see Mercy >>tomorrow....only saw the last 15 minutes of it last year!) >> >> > >Ohmigod....first Jen and Rita missed "Friend" and now you tell me you only saw >the last 15 minutes of "Mercy". I'm getting way stressed about all this new >intel. You must watch "Mercy" at all costs. Do I have to give my tedious take >on all things wondferful about "Mercy"? There's a lot ! > >You've been warned...... > >Domino The only episodes that I've missed are "Friend" and "Rescue". I hope they rerun them soon, but if not, Domino, feel free to tell me what I've missed! Jaida

1998-09-12 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (rita7@pacbell.net)

1998-09-12 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (va_linda@my-dejanews.com)

> [...]

1998-09-12 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (rita7@pacbell.net)

> It's just something about their personalities (on >the show) and picturing them in the throws of passion is something I hope I >never see! But maybe I should take more of a look at why I feel that way and >re-consider. I hope everyone gets what they want out of the show also, heck >if they do show them between the sheets together I can always close my eyes >for a few seconds if it is something that others would like. Actually, I'd kind of like to see that. I can just picture Maddy lying there like a rock thinking of torture techniques or a shopping list of new equipment while ol' Ops is giving it his best shot. <eg> Rita "I am woman, hear me ro. . .uh, no, wait. I am roaring hear me wom. . . uh, no. Mmmm, has anyone seen my medication?"

1998-09-12 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (rita7@pacbell.net)

>Boy, I sure had to do that when Nikita when kissing Jurgen. Sorry for those of >you who liked him but...personally?....ewwwwwwww. > >Cathy Cathy, I don't have a font to make these caps large enough when I say DITTO!!!!!! Like kissing a dead fish. Rita "I am woman, hear me ro. . .uh, no, wait. I am roaring hear me wom. . . uh, no. Mmmm, has anyone seen my medication?"

1998-09-12 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (rita7@pacbell.net)

>Works real good too, and then I have exercise of picking them up..... > >EZBee, >Sometimes closely your eyes ain't enough.... >J proved that.... Hmm, pretty smart EZ. I'll have to try that. I'm having to think real hard about whether I can stand to watch the "arc" again. My stomach turns at the thought of watching J, but there were some good moments for the rest of the cast that I hate to miss. What a quandary. Rita "I am woman, hear me ro. . .uh, no, wait. I am roaring hear me wom. . . uh, no. Mmmm, has anyone seen my medication?"

1998-09-13 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (inarguendo@aol.com)

Hi: Domino wrote: >How can you survive without having seen "Rescue"? I'm >totally sweating bullets now. This ep was epic ! I'll bet it will be >replayed, it was during the 2nd season though...the Thursday after "Moby >Dick" >aired.....I remember that well as does, I am sure, Justice. <Domino waves >excitedly to Section's legal advisor>. > > I agree Domino, Rescue was an epic episode, a true LFN classic, and a great showcase for Roy Dupuis. But, please don't mention that large white mammal, it gets me crazy! <g> Take care. Justice who still is waiting for the whale's answer to my complaint.

1998-09-13 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (lafannkta@aol.com)

1998-09-13 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (clbcrb@aol.com)

>>Just tell me when you're ready to be spoiled and I will oblige my own take >on it. >> >>Domino >>purveyor of severly skewed spoilage >> >Oooo, I'm ready, I'm ready. > >Jaida ROFL...ahhhh, you guys are just asking for punishment today aren't ya. This time I have help from Suzita <high-fives to the op from the North>.... Suz: I am with you Domino. Ohmigod! You have not seen Rescue? Girl, get the to a tape fairy!!!! This episode showed me the range of RD as Michael in so many subtle ways. Even more so than Simone, for me, because in Simone the emotions were right on the sleeve throughout. Yet in Rescue, the emotions were subdued because they were being commingled with his reactions to meeting and getting to know Angie, the nurse. I really believed that Michael had care in his heart for Angie, which up until this episode, I thought he could only show that for Nikita. He is brave, she is braver, and together, they build a bond that lets them chase the cause....... Me: wtg Suz...that's it in a nutshell. A very complicated relationship between Michael and a civilian that is established in a matter of days. Very interesting that a man who feels he has no soul and doesn't understand the meaning of love is so touched by a strangers kindness and loyalty. Suz: This is not only a great mission episode, but also one for the 'romantics' (in the true sense of the word)! One filled with heroes. Me: Yes indeed. Loved by the HR's for more then just the poignancy of the several great moments between Michael and Nikita...in the teaser, in the quansat hut, and in Madeline's office, but also for the deep connection and mourning Michael experienced from a relationship other than that with Nikita or Simone. Suz: Remember the Teaser......the best played to the Enigma's "Beyond the Invisible") Me: Goodie..time to talk about the music ! Another musical homerun in this episode. Full mission mode in the teaser with this fabulous piece playing throughout ::::thud::::extraordinary! Suz: And....we get to see Nikita and Madeline go on a mission together, really great!, and watch Madeline play God with her body, a la Mandatory Refusal. She is a great woman. Me: Who knew the woman could hot wire a Mercedes Benz....awesome ! Suz: And......it is the ep where we meet Petrosian! Yikes! Me: Don't Let Wick hear you mention that name...... Suz: And the ending in Madeline's office....ooooh. Me: <sigh>The only time, other them Simone, that Michael seemed clearly distressed in Season 1. He's been distressed all over the place in Season 2....but last year it was very poignant to see his defenses come down. And Nikita was so protective and sweet to him. Suz: Okay! I've got to go watch. LIke I needed an excuse!!!!!!! Me: What? Now? Good idea I'm right behind ya Suz. Suzita (Collecting Domino's bullets, and obviously making no sense!) Making perfect sense to me Suz Domino LFN rambler

1998-09-13 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (revans7877@aol.com)

I don't like the M/N thing to much it's not interesting to me so I figure they should just marry those to to each other and make the HR's happy for and eposide and then just do section everyday life it's not likely that operations is going to change Micheal's working status because he's married , he's still going to have to sleep with other women to get done what needs to get done and he's still going to have to do things for section that clash with what Nikita thinks is right the only difference is that he would have to deal with the flying dishes and bullets she sends his way when he gets home A>A>M> " I have enough problems, I don't need yours."

1998-09-13 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (rita7@pacbell.net)

1998-09-13 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

Clbcrb wrote in message <1998091300531200.UAA12411@ladder01.news.aol.com>... >>The only episodes that I've missed are "Friend" and "Rescue". I hope they >>rerun them soon, but if not, Domino, feel free to tell me what I've missed! >> >>Jaida > >LOL...Jaida, my spoiler for "Friend" was in the 800 posts you just read but >I'm sure all was a blur when you got to it. But now you're on my OHMIGOD >list. Not "Rescue"? How can you survive without having seen "Rescue"? I'm >totally sweating bullets now. This ep was epic ! I'll bet it will be >replayed, it was during the 2nd season though...the Thursday after "Moby Dick" >aired.....I remember that well as does, I am sure, Justice. <Domino waves >excitedly to Section's legal advisor>. > >So many very cool things in "Rescue" and an ep where Roy Dupuis really got the >chance to polish his acting chops. > >Just tell me when you're ready to be spoiled and I will oblige my own take on >it. > >Domino >purveyor of severly skewed spoilage > I am with you Domino. Ohmigod! You have not seen Rescue? Girl, get the to a tape fairy!!!! This episode showed me the range of RD as Michael in so many subtle ways. Even more so than Simone, for me, because in Simone the emotions were right on the sleeve throughout. Yet in Rescue, the emotions were subdued because they were being commingled with his reactions to meeting and getting to know Angie, the nurse. I really believed that Michael had care in his heart for Angie, which up until this episode, I thought he could only show that for Nikita. He is brave, she is braver, and together, they build a bond that lets them chase the cause....... This is not only a great mission episode, but also one for the 'romantics' (in the true sense of the word)! One filled with heroes. Remember the Teaser......the best played to the Enigma's "Beyond the Invisible") And....we get to see Nikita and Madeline go on a mission together, really great!, and watch Madeline play God with her body, a la Mandatory Refusal. She is a great woman. And......it is the ep where we meet Petrosian! Yikes! And the ending in Madeline's office....ooooh. Okay! I've got to go watch. LIke I needed an excuse!!!!!!! Suzita (Collecting Domino's bullets, and obviously making no sense!) > > >

1998-09-13 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (vwb79@aol.com)

1998-09-13 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (catknsn@aol.com)

>the only difference is that he would have to deal with the >flying dishes and bullets she sends his way when he gets home ROTFL! Now I kind of like that idea. In fact, I think I love it. M&N get married but the battle rages on at home: Nikita: Michael, you're two hours late for dinner! Tell me the truth, did Operations make you sleep with that new operative to psyche her out? Michael: *blank stare* *pause* Do I smell lasagna? Nikita: Michael, I want the truth! Michael: *blank stare* *pause* *thinking of appropriately ambiguous answer* Let's leave our work at the office. Nikita: *WHOOSH* *FWAP* (Michael now has lasagna dripping down his hair) Why don't you just STAY in Section, you two-faced emotional cripple! *Michael's cell phone rings and he answers, lasagna splattering down onto the phone* Michael: Yes? *pause* *blank stare* (hangs up phone) Get dressed, we have to play newlyweds on a mission tonight. Nikita: *ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH* Cathy

1998-09-13 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

CATKNSN wrote in message <1998091317255000.NAA25470@ladder03.news.aol.com>... >Nikita: *WHOOSH* *FWAP* (Michael now has lasagna dripping down his hair) >Why don't you just STAY in Section, you two-faced emotional cripple! > >*Michael's cell phone rings and he answers, lasagna splattering down onto the >phone* > >Michael: Yes? *pause* *blank stare* >(hangs up phone) Get dressed, we have to play newlyweds on a mission tonight. > >Nikita: *ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH* > > >Cathy Hehehe. :-) Colin

1998-09-14 00:00:00 - Re: SPOILER - End Game questions - (maryas@aol.com)

ROFL Cathy!!! I got a great mental picture of that scenerio!! Mary Anne