FLM films - My Webpage

1999-01-26 00:00:00 - Re: after Opening Night Jitters (SPOILER) -- Will Nikita tell Michael? - (Gabriela <gcastagnino@rocketmail.com>)

wbe @[UBEblock ]shore.net (Winston Edmond) wrote in message <87lniqsitc.fsf@UBEblock.shore.net>... > Didn't see anyone else comment on this, but I may have missed it (I >only occasionally read this newsgroup...) >[spoiler space] > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I haven't seen anyone comment about Elena being accidentally killed. snip I don't think Elena was killed. Michael would find that out eventually, and then, I wouldn't want to be neither in Ops's or Maddie's shoes. So, to me, Elena and Adam are alive and kicking somewhere, mourning over poor devastated Michael. Gabie

1999-01-26 00:00:00 - Re: after Opening Night Jitters (SPOILER) -- Will Nikita tell Michael? - (catknsn@aol.comnospam)

spaces * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * > I am sure that he will, eventually, go check on them and woe be to >section if he finds out the mother of his child is dead. Exactly. Why would Madeline offer to copy him on the progress reports if they were going to kill Elena? Besides, there would be no purpose to doing so. Say what you will about Section, they don't kill people for no reason if there's no danger involved in letting them live. Cathy The unofficial Alberta Watson Home Page http://www.albertawatson.com The Ops' Recruits Home Page http://members.aol.com/CATKNSN/opsrecruits.html Queen of the Twisted Hopeless Romantics AA #12, HH #16, WW #51 CQS '98, LCA '98, Dini Petty '99

1999-01-26 00:00:00 - Re: after Opening Night Jitters (SPOILER) -- Will Nikita tell Michael? - (Heather <hls@west-server.com>)

CATKNSN wrote: > spaces > * > * > * > * > * > * > * > * > * > * > * > * > * > * > * > > I am sure that he will, eventually, go check on them and woe be to > >section if he finds out the mother of his child is dead. > > Exactly. Why would Madeline offer to copy him on the progress reports if they > were going to kill Elena? Besides, there would be no purpose to doing so. Say > what you will about Section, they don't kill people for no reason if there's no > danger involved in letting them live. > > Cathy well wouldnt adam and elena be in danger from now on?? i mean most people in section probably didnt have very close relationships with their family, but there is still a danger in the fact that they are out there. we saw in a previous ep (sorry dont remember which one) where one of the ops son was found out by the SOTW, even though section knew nothing about it and used as blackmail. what is going to stop the bad guys finding out that michael has a son and use that against section?? we saw how michael reacted just on the fact that he is never going to be able to see his son again, imagine what would happen if adam was kidnapped by some SOTW. maybe im just reading way too much into it. also if they did off elena, they could have offered to keep tabs on elena and adam for michael so he would not do it. they could just feed him false info. you never know with operations. -- "I think that women are just superior to us, and that's that." -Michael Stipe, R.E.M. Thank you and good night.

1999-01-26 00:00:00 - Re: after Opening Night Jitters (SPOILER) -- Will Nikita tell Michael? - (catknsn@aol.comnospam)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * >what is going to >stop the bad guys finding out that michael has a son and use that against >section?? Valid point. They could indeed. But in this case, since Section knows about the son, they are looking at a small probability that a SOTW will use Adam against Michael, as compared to a 100% probability that Michael will flip out entirely if *they* kill him and thus remove the risk. So the better risk is to leave Adam alive. And there's no risk of Elena or Adam giving away information about Michael 'cause let's face it, neither one of them knew who he was or anything about him. >also if they did off elena, they could have offered to keep tabs on elena and >adam >for michael so he would not do it. they could just feed him false info. I think Michael is a smart enough man to check it out for himself. Remember he keeps tabs on his sister. He wouldn't take Ops & Maddy's word that Elena and Adam were fine, and O&M know that much I'm sure. Cathy The unofficial Alberta Watson Home Page http://www.albertawatson.com The Ops' Recruits Home Page http://members.aol.com/CATKNSN/opsrecruits.html Queen of the Twisted Hopeless Romantics AA #12, HH #16, WW #51 CQS '98, LCA '98, Dini Petty '99

1999-01-26 00:00:00 - after Opening Night Jitters (SPOILER) -- Will Nikita tell Michael? - (wbe@[UBEblock])

Didn't see anyone else comment on this, but I may have missed it (I only occasionally read this newsgroup...) [spoiler space] I haven't seen anyone comment about Elena being accidentally killed. Clearly, both Ops and Maddie *intended* to have Elena and Adam taken away to safety, and were telling the truth when they initially said as much to Michael. Given their characters, I'd also have to assume that they were later informed of Elana's death, but there's a possibility that they don't know and are just assuming Elena and Adam were handled according to their original plan. We *know* Nikita knows that Elena is dead. The question is whether she'll tell Michael or let him believe Elana's still alive (or does anyone think Michael knows)? [For those who don't know where this intel came from... watch the scene at the end between Nikita in her apartment and Nigel(?)(whatever his name was) where he talks about a simple transport job that he didn't think anything of and so took the woman along, too, but then the car blew up...] -WBE [courtesy copies discouraged; I'll see followups in the newsgroup]

1999-01-26 00:00:00 - Re: after Opening Night Jitters (SPOILER) -- Will Nikita tell Michael? - (granvia@aol.com)

1999-01-26 00:00:00 - Re: after Opening Night Jitters (SPOILER) -- Will Nikita tell Michael? - (paleoanth@aol.com)

Granvia-I agree with you. It would be way too easy for Michael to find out if Elena was killed by section. He does have resources and has a lot of power in section. I am sure that he will, eventually, go check on them and woe be to section if he finds out the mother of his child is dead. I don't think Ops is that stupid. Paleoanth >I respect your analysis -- and that of others who have said the same -- but I >don't understand why people are equating Elena to Mick Schtoppel's "girl." >From >my view, Mick's "girl in car" was a plot ploy that regardless who you are in >Section, you are going to get screwed, or have innocents, like Elena and >Adam, >be used to serve a purpose. I saw the scene as a point of understanding >between >Mich&N; something to commisserate over. > >Ops said to Michael in GOH that they are being well taken care of, Elena and >Adam. > >I think that if Elena had been wanted killed, she would have been done in the >hospital, the third shot victim, along with Michael and her father. > >Doubtful that Section would risk screwing further with Michael by not just >taking his son who was left "fatherless" and turn him into an orphan. > >G > >> I haven't seen anyone comment about Elena being accidentally killed. >> >> Clearly, both Ops and Maddie *intended* to have Elena and Adam taken >>away to safety, and were telling the truth when they initially said as >>much to Michael. Given their characters, I'd also have to assume that >>they were later informed of Elana's death, but there's a possibility that >>they don't know and are just assuming Elena and Adam were handled >>according to their original plan. We *know* Nikita knows that Elena is >>dead. The question is whether she'll tell Michael or let him believe >>Elana's still alive (or does anyone think Michael knows)? >> >>[For those who don't know where this intel came from... watch the scene >> at the end between Nikita in her apartment and Nigel(?)(whatever his >> name was) where he talks about a simple transport job that he didn't >> think anything of and so took the woman along, too, but then the car >> blew up...] >> >>-WBE >>

1999-02-01 00:00:00 - Re: after Opening Night Jitters (SPOILER) -- Will Nikita tell Michael? - (wbe@[UBEblock])

more spoiler space ... granvia@aol.com (Granvia) and others replied with comments like: > Ops said to Michael in GOH that they are being well taken care of, Elena > and Adam. > > I think that if Elena had been wanted killed, she would have been done in > the hospital, the third shot victim, along with Michael and her father. I guess I read it entirely differently. I *don't* think Ops or Maddie wanted Elena killed. I think what they said was exactly what they intended. My reading of events was that the death was entirely accidental -- the result of Mick giving "the girl" a lift because he thought the primary job was just to transport someone to a destination. He didn't know that the car he was driving was going to be blown up with the passenger (body?) (and now passengers) in it. IOW, because Mick wasn't told the car would be blown up, he did a perfectly reasonable (to him) thing, which turned out to be tragic. So then Elena's dead but: 1) Did Mick tell Section about the screwup or keep it to himself (well, except for Nikita)? 2) If Section does know, would they tell Michael? 3) If Michael finds out, will he believe it was an accident? 4) Should Nikita tell him, or let him believe she's okay out there somewhere? -WBE [courtesy copies discouraged; I'll see followups in the newsgroup]

1999-02-01 00:00:00 - Re: after Opening Night Jitters (SPOILER) -- Will Nikita tell Michael? - (Mack Lundy <mack@janus.swem.wm.edu>)

Winston Edmond wrote: > > more spoiler space ... > Winston, I don't follow that "the girl" must necessarily be Elena. My take is that just because two things happen at about the same time doesn't make them related. I think that Nikita would have had a stronger reaction if she thought that Elena had been killed. Also, if Elena was blown up then where was the kid? Surely Mick whould have been even more upset if "the girl" and "the kid" were killed. Of course, I could be completely wrong. Who can trust writers for tv shows. Look what they did to the end of Twin Peaks Mack > granvia@aol.com (Granvia) and others replied with comments like: > > > Ops said to Michael in GOH that they are being well taken care of, Elena > > and Adam. > > > > I think that if Elena had been wanted killed, she would have been done in > > the hospital, the third shot victim, along with Michael and her father. > > I guess I read it entirely differently. I *don't* think Ops or Maddie > wanted Elena killed. I think what they said was exactly what they > intended. > > My reading of events was that the death was entirely accidental -- the > result of Mick giving "the girl" a lift because he thought the primary job > was just to transport someone to a destination. He didn't know that the > car he was driving was going to be blown up with the passenger (body?) (and > now passengers) in it. IOW, because Mick wasn't told the car would be > blown up, he did a perfectly reasonable (to him) thing, which turned out to > be tragic. So then Elena's dead but: > 1) Did Mick tell Section about the screwup or keep it to himself (well, > except for Nikita)? > 2) If Section does know, would they tell Michael? > 3) If Michael finds out, will he believe it was an accident? > 4) Should Nikita tell him, or let him believe she's okay out there > somewhere? > -WBE > [courtesy copies discouraged; I'll see followups in the newsgroup] -- Mack Lundy (mack@janus.swem.wm.edu) Library Systems Manager Swem Library College of William and Mary Williamsburg, VA Voice: 757-221-3114 Fax: 757-221-2635