FLM films - My Webpage

2000-05-15 00:00:00 - Re: It's Official.... - (jrzygrl <amdm121@warwick.net>)

Jennifer Jeffery wrote: > from Yahoo news: > > Entertainment Headlines > > Add to My Yahoo! > > Sunday May 14 9:39 PM ET > > USA terminates ``Nikita'' > > By John Dempsey > > > A USA spokesman said there are still eight episodes yet to be cablecast > by USA, and the final one will get on the air sometime in August. > Well, it's obvious that the folks at USA are idiots since there are TEN episodes left to air. I believe 420 is being filmed now, and I am under the impression that 421 and 422 have been written and will be filmed, since production doesn't end until mid-June. This is not how I expected the show to come to an end. It certainly deserved better from USA and WB. It's a shame. jrzy

2000-05-15 00:00:00 - Re: It's Official.... - (yjy <here@hawaii.rr.com>)

I don't know if this has already been asked but I thought the WB network was picking up the show. yj Jennifer Jeffery wrote: > from Yahoo news: > > Entertainment Headlines > > Add to My Yahoo! > > Sunday May 14 9:39 PM ET > > USA terminates ``Nikita'' > > By John Dempsey > > NEW YORK (Variety) - USA Network has canceled ``La Femme Nikita,'' the > weekly action hour that stands as one of the most successful firstrun > series in > the history of basic cable. Peta Wilson, the Australian-born actress > who stars in the series, is already working on other projects, and > Warner Bros.TV, which produces ``Nikita,'' has disbanded the show's > staff. > > A USA spokesman said there are still eight episodes yet to be cablecast > by USA, and the final one will get on the air sometime in August. > > Audience levels for the show had slipped, but not drastically. In > calendar 2000 Nielsen ratings of the new episodes of ``Nikita'' in their > first play Sundays at > 10 p.m. were averaging a 1.9 rating in USA homes compared to a 2.1 > rating for the new hours in their first run in 1999. > > USA and producer Warner Bros. confirmed that the series would not be > back but would not discuss the reasons for the cancellation. > > Reuters/Variety

2000-05-15 00:00:00 - It's Official.... - (Jennifer Jeffery <jjeffery@metrotimes.com>)

[...]

2000-05-16 00:00:00 - Re: It's Official.... - (cturley969@aol.com)

I've never posted anything here, guys, but I've been here awhile. You can't be too surprised by anything that USA does with its programs if you know their history. I still haven't forgiven them for purchasing a lion's share of "Forever Knight" several years ago from syndication, then airing only half a season and cancelling it. When the syndicators reminded USA that they still owned a portion of FK, USA pointed out a small, well-hidden clause in their contract that said that they (and they alone) had cancellation rights. LFN's cancellation is just business as usual for USA.

2000-05-16 00:00:00 - Re: It's Official.... - (Angeline Koh <akoh@bigpond.com>)

I'm not very good at this cable details and stuff......but couldn't another cable company buy the series for season 5?? It doesn't need to be shown on USA network does it?? Angeline pardon my inexperience yjy <here@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:391FF8B1.1023E5@hawaii.rr.com... > I don't know if this has already been asked but I thought the WB network was > picking up the show. > > yj > > Jennifer Jeffery wrote: > > > from Yahoo news: > > > > Entertainment Headlines > > > > Add to My Yahoo! > > > > Sunday May 14 9:39 PM ET > > > > USA terminates ``Nikita'' > > > > By John Dempsey > > > > NEW YORK (Variety) - USA Network has canceled ``La Femme Nikita,'' the > > weekly action hour that stands as one of the most successful firstrun > > series in > > the history of basic cable. Peta Wilson, the Australian-born actress > > who stars in the series, is already working on other projects, and > > Warner Bros.TV, which produces ``Nikita,'' has disbanded the show's > > staff. > > > > A USA spokesman said there are still eight episodes yet to be cablecast > > by USA, and the final one will get on the air sometime in August. > > > > Audience levels for the show had slipped, but not drastically. In > > calendar 2000 Nielsen ratings of the new episodes of ``Nikita'' in their > > first play Sundays at > > 10 p.m. were averaging a 1.9 rating in USA homes compared to a 2.1 > > rating for the new hours in their first run in 1999. > > > > USA and producer Warner Bros. confirmed that the series would not be > > back but would not discuss the reasons for the cancellation. > > > > Reuters/Variety >