FLM films - My Webpage

1998-06-22 00:00:00 - Re: Not Was...Not Real - (melpor <melpor@bellsouth.net>)

Tell us how you feel, Ahmad...and don't hold back! :) Even thought this is a military operation (as we learned this week), it's still close, and it's basically a self-perpetuating environment...these are flawed characters, and we see it warts and all...they don't really care about the problems and woes of the operatives, unless they get in the way of the mission. Since the show features much of the environment of the of the Section the storyline often focuses on the human element within the framework of an inhumane existence. But to be fair, there are some definitely lame aspects to certain scripts, and this ng is dynamite about picking them apart. That's one of the things that some of us enjoy doing...it's arguing the small parts, and sometimes the big picture, that keeps the board lively. And, heehee...you're right...it does seem like basements of clubs are the hideout of choice of sleazy terrorist operations...maybe it's a cheap location to rent in Toronto? Melissa abekir wrote: > The realm of fantasy has once again engulfed another episode of LFN. > Ok, assuming we just forget the nonsense with Operations falling in > love with some cold-hearted wench, and also, let's pretend that the > man in charge of a covert anti-terrorist agency isn't behaving > like a 12 year old. But what boggles the mind is how Section continues > to send out damaged operatives into the field. This includes operatives > with mental problems, sprained ankles, and erased memories. How incredibly > unrealistic and, might I add, VERY VERY VERY retarded. > > Oh, and another thing...if I see one more terrorist hideout in the > basement of a dance club, I'm going to level the set of LFN. > That is all. > > Ahmad

1998-06-22 00:00:00 - Re: Not Was...Not Real - (dgb1 <dgb01@aol.com>)

dan wrote: > Calm down. This hideout was on the third floor, if memory serves. > > dan Only because there are no basements in Holland.

1998-06-22 00:00:00 - Not Was...Not Real - (abekir@aludra.usc.edu)

The realm of fantasy has once again engulfed another episode of LFN. Ok, assuming we just forget the nonsense with Operations falling in love with some cold-hearted wench, and also, let's pretend that the man in charge of a covert anti-terrorist agency isn't behaving like a 12 year old. But what boggles the mind is how Section continues to send out damaged operatives into the field. This includes operatives with mental problems, sprained ankles, and erased memories. How incredibly unrealistic and, might I add, VERY VERY VERY retarded. Oh, and another thing...if I see one more terrorist hideout in the basement of a dance club, I'm going to level the set of LFN. That is all. Ahmad

1998-06-22 00:00:00 - Re: Not Was...Not Real - (Jinx <sarahr@home.com>)

Cold-hearted wench? Don't let Colin or Joe hear you talkin' about their Maddie that way. Jinx ;D abekir wrote: > > The realm of fantasy has once again engulfed another episode of LFN. > Ok, assuming we just forget the nonsense with Operations falling in > love with some cold-hearted wench, and also, let's pretend that the > man in charge of a covert anti-terrorist agency isn't behaving > like a 12 year old. But what boggles the mind is how Section continues > to send out damaged operatives into the field. This includes operatives > with mental problems, sprained ankles, and erased memories. How incredibly > unrealistic and, might I add, VERY VERY VERY retarded. > > Oh, and another thing...if I see one more terrorist hideout in the > basement of a dance club, I'm going to level the set of LFN. > That is all. > > Ahmad

1998-06-22 00:00:00 - Re: Not Was...Not Real - (Wickddollnospam@hotmail.com)

AHMAD! Where have you been, babe - missed your twisted view of the world. :-D Natalie, dancing again On 22 Jun 1998 10:32:05 -0700, abekir@aludra.usc.edu (abekir) wrote: > >The realm of fantasy has once again engulfed another episode of LFN. >Ok, assuming we just forget the nonsense with Operations falling in >love with some cold-hearted wench, and also, let's pretend that the >man in charge of a covert anti-terrorist agency isn't behaving >like a 12 year old. But what boggles the mind is how Section continues >to send out damaged operatives into the field. This includes operatives >with mental problems, sprained ankles, and erased memories. How incredibly >unrealistic and, might I add, VERY VERY VERY retarded. > >Oh, and another thing...if I see one more terrorist hideout in the >basement of a dance club, I'm going to level the set of LFN. >That is all. > >Ahmad > (remove "nospam" from email address to reply) "Wicked little doll, you are not human" "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

1998-06-22 00:00:00 - Re: Not Was...Not Real - (dan <danseyb@snip.net>)

Calm down. This hideout was on the third floor, if memory serves. dan abekir wrote: > [....] > > Oh, and another thing...if I see one more terrorist hideout in the > basement of a dance club, I'm going to level the set of LFN. > That is all. > > Ahmad

1998-06-23 00:00:00 - Re: Not Was...Not Real - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

We are sure glad that you enjoy this show. :-) Colin abekir wrote in message <6mm4el$gtk$1@aludra.usc.edu>... > >The realm of fantasy has once again engulfed another episode of LFN. >Ok, assuming we just forget the nonsense with Operations falling in >love with some cold-hearted wench, and also, let's pretend that the >man in charge of a covert anti-terrorist agency isn't behaving >like a 12 year old. But what boggles the mind is how Section continues >to send out damaged operatives into the field. This includes operatives >with mental problems, sprained ankles, and erased memories. How incredibly >unrealistic and, might I add, VERY VERY VERY retarded. > >Oh, and another thing...if I see one more terrorist hideout in the >basement of a dance club, I'm going to level the set of LFN. >That is all. > >Ahmad >

1998-06-23 00:00:00 - Re: Not Was...Not Real - (melpor <melpor@bellsouth.net>)

I dunno...I had to go down pretty low to some funky bathrooms when I was there last year...sure, there's the canal issue, but there was one place that was such a straight shot down it felt like a free fall...felt like the basement to me..maybe it was on higher ground? What was more astounding to me was the size of the club...most places I visited were small and narrow and very vertical. Melissa dgb1 wrote: > dan wrote: > > > Calm down. This hideout was on the third floor, if memory serves. > > > > dan > > Only because there are no basements in Holland.