FLM films - My Webpage

2000-01-25 00:00:00 - La Femme Nikita 24/01/2000 "Darkness Visibie" - (John Leister <johndk@senet.com.au>)

Well it's truly great that LFN is back. I thought that all the news that everyone was saying was somehow wrong, or we had all been misled by the evil Channel 9 but we weren't.... I'm doing the ecstatic dance because my favourite program is back on the air...... Ok onto the episode.......... SPOILER SPACE TO FOLLOW S P O I L E R S P A C E ---------------- Darkness Visible ---------------- Well first off the episode begins with a briefing by Operations and he outlines their next target. Seems like this episode would have been kind of topical had it been aired around the same time as the actual events of the story, but the evil channel 9 has made us wait nearly a bloody year to see this one so the topic may not be so relevant. Anyway we begin the show with Radovan Luca as the target for Section so they send out agents both to take out targets and help CIA agents and others get out. When they first arrive in the Balkans Mikey and Nikita are driving down a road and eventually they come upon some soldiers at a checkpoint. Mikey hands the soldier some papers and he looks at them for a bit, then he asks them to get out of their car. He tells them that, lo and behold ;) "Your papers are not in order" and surprise, surprise, they get out of the car. Eventually they tire of this when they see another guard shoot someone for no apparent reason, and a small fire fight ensues. They run off in their range rover towards their target. They stop somewhere along the way and Michael meets a CIA dude shredding some papers. He gives him his clearance code which the CIA dude excepts, but what I found funny, well not so much funny as peculiar is that the amount of stuff he had on the table. He had a scanner, communications receiver, a portable shredder? Shredder? I hear you say, well it looked like that. Just before they leave the CIA dude turns up the volume on the radio to plead for Michael's help. I think Section values it's own interests above that of other agencies. Aren't they all working in the same boat, for the same sorts of goals? Seems kind of funny that Michael would be reticent to help the guy out. Just as they leave they are shot at and go on the alert to find out who it is, and it turns out that it is a boy. Nikita being her usual sentimental self wants to help him out and they cart them along with them as they leave. While this is all going on the B plot which usually should be as good as the A plot was not so. Birkhoff's ongoing relationship with Gail (what a cutie) is still going on. Did they replace the original actress with a new girl? Wasn't Gail originally a girl with darkish skin, and dark wavy hair? Anyway I recall, and I could be wrong that Gail was a pretty normal girl. When did this stealing complex start to happen? Seems a bit of a tiny inconsistency in that they have all of a sudden portrayed her as a kind of kleptomaniac, thief. Or have we missed some things that explain the change in Gail. And isn't she quite an aggressive little woman? Well sexually anyway. I wonder how and if our little friend Birkhoff can cope with a woman like this, and well it would seem he must be doing something right as she really likes him. I would never have thought he'd be such a babe magnet. It's dark and as they wait for their target to show up they see some trucks come up with people in the back of them. Eventually a car comes up with Luca in it and Michael tells Nikita to take the shot as he has his own target and Luca is on Nikita's side to get a clear shot. Just as they are about to take the shot and take out their respective targets the boy sees his parents in the back of one of the truck, and that kind of stuffs things up as he runs out and yells to her. Michael gags him and they have to rethink their next move. They find out some information about train yards where the people are being rounded up and that's where they're next off too. Meanwhile Birky is getting awful tense about Gail's little extracurricular activities, and so he first goes to Walter who offers little in the way of helpful advice. He then goes off to Madeline, and that is something even I would not have done. Silly Birkhoff :) He tells her what she is doing and they have a small discussion and he then leaves. Birky must be in a pretty desperate state to approach Madeline and then plead for Gail. Gee I've never had the hots that bad for a woman ;) Meanwhile our dynamic duo of Michael and Nikita have found the train yard and they go in popping off the various guards as they penetrate that location. They free the people and find the parents. The family is reunited. They get a call on their little mobiles that they can't get an airlift as their priority has been downgraded, and so the only way they are going to get out of where they are is to cross the border themselves. It's in these last minutes of the show that we seem them walking out of the border with the children, and they get through, while the children's real parents get held back. Brickbats to them for that for not trying to do something. There was only a couple of guards there, surely they could have popped them. The Birky situation is resolved in that in his final conversation with Madeline, she reveals to Birkhoff that the indeed did know that Gail was doing what she was doing. In the light that she is a good worker they created false accounts for her to pilfer from so that would keep her motivated. This sort of surprises Birkhoff in that Madeline's final comeback to him is that they were never going to cancel Gail, and that he should have kept a tighter reign on his people. -------------- Various Points -------------- Not a lot here to notice. I'm just really glad that the show is back on our TV screens. Now all we need is for the show to be in some way promoted. I don't think it would be hard to promote La Femme Nikita when you have other shows like Vengeance Unlimited which have similar themes, and other shows where murder is rampant. The show gets a lot of ads in the US. But I bet they just run through what they've got now, and just let it end without even telling us. Boo hiss to Nine...... Oh well now it's your turn..... -- John Leister Running rampant at: http://users.senet.com.au/~johndk/index.htm Running up to my mailbox at the following: johndk@senet.com.au Or if you really want on ICQ at 7457873 or if you really, really want at 0413291212

2000-01-27 00:00:00 - Re: La Femme Nikita 24/01/2000 "Darkness Visibie" - (captanne@aol.com)

I came late to the show.....third Season....when a kind tape faerie introduced me to Seasons 1 and 2. After I saw Darkness Visible and commented on it.....I realized that it was debated hotly on this NG. I, for one, loved it. All of it. Thought it was classic LFN and loved the "We're not playing house, Nikita," aspect. She and Michael in the middle of a very dangerous Nowhere on a mission alone together. He focussing her on the task at hand. The children were wonderful and drove the plot. Nikita had the ability to stand up to Michael and even get his "heart" out on his sleeve a little. But, then, since I came in the third Season, I'm a designated HR. So, I appreciate the episode more for the M/N interaction than the Section intrigue. Just my 2 cents. Anne (Who has been snowbound now for two days. Ended up going to bed at 8 pm and is now up at 0330. ARGH.) (Who is noticing, up until ITLG, Michael tends to melt when it involves children. Now he's got someone else to melt him! But, still he's always had a soft spot for kids.)

2000-01-27 00:00:00 - Re: La Femme Nikita 24/01/2000 "Darkness Visibie" - (pteybiesla@gil.com.au)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:44:55 +1030, John Leister <johndk@senet.com.au> wrote: >Well it's truly great that LFN is back. I thought >that all the news that everyone was saying was >somehow wrong, or we had all been misled by the >evil Channel 9 but we weren't.... > >I'm doing the ecstatic dance because my favourite >program is back on the air...... > >Ok onto the episode.......... > > >SPOILER SPACE TO FOLLOW > >S >P >O >I >L >E >R > >S >P >A >C >E > >---------------- >Darkness Visible >---------------- > >Oh well now it's your turn..... > and Nikita awakes from a dream/nightmare in which the kids and parents are reunited (she's feeling guilty cause it will never happen). so what gives? how long has Nikita been wearing a singlet to bed? Paul Desmond Tybislawski, there | I believe in : Paying NO voluntary taxes, i.e. are no e's in my true email | Lotteries, Gambling... The Executive Producer Visit the Ellen Foley Fan Pages | is to blame!... and perhaps, Love (is/can be) www.home.gil.com.au/~ptybisla | "Fully expecting to be Hurt!"

2000-01-28 00:00:00 - Re: La Femme Nikita 24/01/2000 "Darkness Visibie" - (Wickeddoll <wickeddoll@nofeckingspam.com>)

John! Nice to have you back! I couldn't tell if you really liked DV or not... I hate it; but then you know that. (belongs in the Trash TV Hall of Fame right next to Imitation of Death) *smooches* Natalie, shuddering at the thought of that Mr. Bean lookalike kid's lousy accent John Leister <johndk@senet.com.au> wrote in message news:388D152F.4F4B72D6@senet.com.au... > Well it's truly great that LFN is back. I thought > that all the news that everyone was saying was > somehow wrong, or we had all been misled by the > evil Channel 9 but we weren't.... > > I'm doing the ecstatic dance because my favourite > program is back on the air...... > > Ok onto the episode.......... > > > SPOILER SPACE TO FOLLOW > > S > P > O > I > L > E > R > > S > P > A > C > E > > ---------------- > Darkness Visible > ---------------- > Well first off the episode begins with a briefing by > Operations and he outlines their next target. Seems > like this episode would have been kind of topical had > it been aired around the same time as the actual events > of the story, but the evil channel 9 has made us wait > nearly a bloody year to see this one so the topic may > not be so relevant. > > Anyway we begin the show with Radovan Luca as the target for > Section so they send out agents both to take out targets and > help CIA agents and others get out. When they first arrive > in the Balkans Mikey and Nikita are driving down a road and > eventually they come upon some soldiers at a checkpoint. > > Mikey hands the soldier some papers and he looks at > them for a bit, then he asks them to get out of their > car. He tells them that, lo and behold ;) "Your papers > are not in order" and surprise, surprise, they get out > of the car. Eventually they tire of this when they see > another guard shoot someone for no apparent reason, and > a small fire fight ensues. They run off in their range > rover towards their target. > > They stop somewhere along the way and Michael meets > a CIA dude shredding some papers. He gives him his > clearance code which the CIA dude excepts, but what > I found funny, well not so much funny as peculiar > is that the amount of stuff he had on the table. > > He had a scanner, communications receiver, a portable > shredder? Shredder? I hear you say, well it looked > like that. Just before they leave the CIA dude turns > up the volume on the radio to plead for Michael's help. > > I think Section values it's own interests above that > of other agencies. Aren't they all working in the same > boat, for the same sorts of goals? Seems kind of funny > that Michael would be reticent to help the guy out. Just > as they leave they are shot at and go on the alert to > find out who it is, and it turns out that it is a boy. > Nikita being her usual sentimental self wants to help him > out and they cart them along with them as they leave. > > While this is all going on the B plot which usually > should be as good as the A plot was not so. Birkhoff's > ongoing relationship with Gail (what a cutie) is still > going on. Did they replace the original actress with a > new girl? Wasn't Gail originally a girl with darkish > skin, and dark wavy hair? > > Anyway I recall, and I could be wrong that Gail was > a pretty normal girl. When did this stealing complex > start to happen? Seems a bit of a tiny inconsistency > in that they have all of a sudden portrayed her as a > kind of kleptomaniac, thief. Or have we missed some > things that explain the change in Gail. > > And isn't she quite an aggressive little woman? Well > sexually anyway. I wonder how and if our little friend > Birkhoff can cope with a woman like this, and well it > would seem he must be doing something right as she > really likes him. I would never have thought he'd be > such a babe magnet. > > It's dark and as they wait for their target to show > up they see some trucks come up with people in the > back of them. Eventually a car comes up with Luca > in it and Michael tells Nikita to take the shot as > he has his own target and Luca is on Nikita's side > to get a clear shot. > > Just as they are about to take the shot and take out > their respective targets the boy sees his parents in > the back of one of the truck, and that kind of stuffs > things up as he runs out and yells to her. Michael gags > him and they have to rethink their next move. They find > out some information about train yards where the people > are being rounded up and that's where they're next off too. > > Meanwhile Birky is getting awful tense about Gail's little > extracurricular activities, and so he first goes to Walter > who offers little in the way of helpful advice. He then goes > off to Madeline, and that is something even I would not have > done. Silly Birkhoff :) > > He tells her what she is doing and they have a small discussion > and he then leaves. Birky must be in a pretty desperate state > to approach Madeline and then plead for Gail. Gee I've never > had the hots that bad for a woman ;) > > Meanwhile our dynamic duo of Michael and Nikita have found > the train yard and they go in popping off the various guards > as they penetrate that location. They free the people and find > the parents. The family is reunited. They get a call on their > little mobiles that they can't get an airlift as their priority > has been downgraded, and so the only way they are going to get > out of where they are is to cross the border themselves. > > It's in these last minutes of the show that we seem them walking > out of the border with the children, and they get through, while > the children's real parents get held back. Brickbats to them for > that for not trying to do something. There was only a couple of > guards there, surely they could have popped them. > > The Birky situation is resolved in that in his final conversation > with Madeline, she reveals to Birkhoff that the indeed did know > that Gail was doing what she was doing. In the light that she is > a good worker they created false accounts for her to pilfer from > so that would keep her motivated. This sort of surprises Birkhoff > in that Madeline's final comeback to him is that they were never > going to cancel Gail, and that he should have kept a tighter reign > on his people. > > -------------- > Various Points > -------------- > Not a lot here to notice. I'm just really glad that the > show is back on our TV screens. Now all we need is for > the show to be in some way promoted. I don't think it > would be hard to promote La Femme Nikita when you have > other shows like Vengeance Unlimited which have similar > themes, and other shows where murder is rampant. The show > gets a lot of ads in the US. > > But I bet they just run through what they've got now, and just > let it end without even telling us. Boo hiss to Nine...... > > Oh well now it's your turn..... > > > > > > > > -- > John Leister > Running rampant at: > http://users.senet.com.au/~johndk/index.htm > Running up to my mailbox at the following: > johndk@senet.com.au > > Or if you really want > on ICQ at 7457873 > > or if you really, really want at > 0413291212 > >