FLM films - My Webpage

2000-08-17 00:00:00 - Alberta Watson busy on other projects - (jrd203@aol.comNOSPAM)

Since I"ve come across info on Alberta, thought I'd post it here: The Reuters article got posted already, but I've seen two more: Thursday, August 17, 2000 Filmmakers flock north By TYLER MCLEOD, CALGARY SUN Film and television producers are still wild about Calgary's scenery. Wild Geese, a CTV telefilm, began production west of the city yesterday, while offices for an MTV movie have now opened at the Currie Barracks. MTV's Anatomy of a Hate Crime is based on the 1998 murder of Matthew Shepard, a gay University of Wyoming student who was found beaten and tied to a fence. Genie-winner Jeremy Podeswa (The Five Senses) is directing the adaptation of Martha Ostenso's Wild Geese from a script by Suzette Couture. Sam Shepard (The Right Stuff) and ALBERTA WATSON (Nikita) star in Wild Geese. Wild Geese will shoot in the area until Sept. 18. ~~~~~~ The National Post in Canada also reports: "At first glance, Chasing Cain is nothing like the brilliant British series that launched Helen Mirren to wider fame. The Canadian series is set in Toronto, not London, and stars two cops, not one: Toronto homicide detectives Bob Kazlowski and Denise McGoogan (Peter Outerbridge, Alberta Watson). But according to producer Bernard Zukerman, the projected series resembles Prime Suspect in its allegiance to long-format stories, metropolitan settings and gritty straight-ahead storytelling. No gimmicks, says Zukerman. No mountie in Chicago � la Due South. No dusty old cases � la Cold Squad. Just stories ripped from the headlines, � la one of his favourite shows, Law & Order." "...Zukerman hopes the first episode of Chasing Cain, which airs sometime next year on CBC, will spawn a series. Two other episodes featuring the same two leads have been scripted and await the CBC's go-ahead." Elyse JRD203@aol.com

2000-08-17 00:00:00 - Re: Alberta Watson busy on other projects - (Wickeddoll <wickeddoll@nofeckingspamhotmail.com>)

I never did worry that she wouldn't be able to find work hehehe Natalie "Elyse" <jrd203@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message news:20000817115252.06874.00000145@ng-cg1.aol.com... > Since I"ve come across info on Alberta, thought I'd post it here: > > The Reuters article got posted already, but I've seen two more: > > Thursday, August 17, 2000 > Filmmakers flock north > > By TYLER MCLEOD, CALGARY SUN > Film and television producers are still wild about Calgary's scenery. > > Wild Geese, a CTV telefilm, began production west of the city yesterday, while > offices for an MTV movie have now opened at the Currie Barracks. > > MTV's Anatomy of a Hate Crime is based on the 1998 murder of Matthew Shepard, a > gay University of Wyoming student who was found beaten and tied to a fence. > > Genie-winner Jeremy Podeswa (The Five Senses) is directing the adaptation of > Martha Ostenso's Wild Geese from a script by Suzette Couture. > > Sam Shepard (The Right Stuff) and ALBERTA WATSON (Nikita) star in Wild Geese. > > Wild Geese will shoot in the area until Sept. 18. > > ~~~~~~ > > The National Post in Canada also reports: > "At first glance, Chasing Cain is nothing like the brilliant British series > that launched Helen Mirren to wider fame. The Canadian series is set in > Toronto, not London, and stars two cops, not one: Toronto homicide detectives > Bob Kazlowski and Denise McGoogan (Peter Outerbridge, Alberta Watson). > > But according to producer Bernard Zukerman, the projected series resembles > Prime Suspect in its allegiance to long-format stories, metropolitan settings > and gritty straight-ahead storytelling. No gimmicks, says Zukerman. No mountie > in Chicago ��� la Due South. No dusty old cases ��� la Cold Squad. Just stories > ripped from the headlines, ��� la one of his favourite shows, Law & Order." > > "...Zukerman hopes the first episode of Chasing Cain, which airs sometime next > year on CBC, will spawn a series. Two other episodes featuring the same two > leads have been scripted and await the CBC's go-ahead." > > Elyse JRD203@aol.com > >