FLM films - My Webpage

1998-08-10 00:00:00 - Re: Last Night Spoiler - (stremy1@aol.com)

You don't need a vacation -this ep seemed thrown together without any real plot. The byplay between Brutus and Birkoff and Walter was funny, but there seemed to be no point to anything other than to lead up to the ending (which I liked a lot).

1998-08-10 00:00:00 - Re: Last Night Spoiler - (silvrsharp@aol.com)

Sharp, You need a vacation!! Rhonda LOL! Actually I'm going to Anchorage for a week! sharp

1998-08-10 00:00:00 - Re: Last Night Spoiler - (rubyeuropa@aol.com)

>Was I the only one who thought this was a boring episode? I thought so, too :( Did the *writers* go on hiatus and no one told us, or the actors? :) And who gave Madeline that atrocious hair? Eeks! I guess I didn't "get" the whole episode. The point was what-- 1) Nikita still breaks Section policy when she knows or thinks an innocent will be harmed 2) Michael is still a cold bastard (more on that in a minute) 3) Operations is a hypocrite (okay for him to subvert policy and leave Section but he has the nerve to berate Michael???) -- but seriously here, is his character leaving the show? Sure seems to be heading in that direction...) 4) Madeline and Operations finally play footsies (that was the only surprise of the show for me -- I really thought Maddy would rebuff him) 5) Michael has "muscle" in Section >But even Michael's subtle blackmail at the end to keep Operations from filing >a >full report seems predictible. Thank you :) That's the word that's been eluding me -- "predictable" :) :) I think I've been less than enchanted with this season overall because there have been no real surprises for me. All the main characters have acted incredibly predictably in most of the episodes. As a viewer, I would just like some surprises. And if they make Michael any colder or any more one-dimensional, we'll be able to use him as an icecube or be able to see right through him <g> The only surprise last night for me was that Maddy accepted Operation's invitation. So, what, we'll have him and Maddy moving closer together as Michael and Nikita move further apart? I want drama, demmit :) Drama :) Ruby, scratching her head

1998-08-10 00:00:00 - Last Night Spoiler - (silvrsharp@aol.com)

Was I the only one who thought this was a boring episode? I mean, big deal, Nikita goes back, gets captured, blah, blah, blah, the opponent to section is a thinking computer, uh huh, yep. So what? The most fun part was the computer rattling Walter and Birkoff by talking to it when they didn't know it could. But even Michael's subtle blackmail at the end to keep Operations from filing a full report seems predictible. Maybe I just need a vacation. sharp

1998-08-10 00:00:00 - Re: Last Night Spoiler - (platt96@aol.com)

I liked the show, but I did not like Maddy's new black dyed hair, made her look older and harder. Also How come OPs was busting Michael for 4 min to help Nik, when he was off playing footsy with Maddy. Does Ops think Michael should not have feelings, but he can cause he's the boss? Maybe he thinks the higher ups can make their own rules. Glad M got him in the end though.

1998-08-10 00:00:00 - Re: Last Night Spoiler - (hondarill@aol.com)

1998-08-10 00:00:00 - Re: Last Night Spoiler - (milepa@aol.com)

>You need a vacation!! > >Rhonda > > > No...you do not need a vaca..this was not one of the better eps..matter of fact IMHO it is my least favorite ep to date...too many ???'s uninteresting subplot (N and the little girl) and too many loose ends. Who built the computer??? What was up with the little girl and the "vitch"? What's going on with Op and Maddy? The only purpose of this ep was to show M does have some muscles within section and can powerplay with the big boys (Ops, Maddy and George) You are not alone in your thinking. Micki

1998-08-12 00:00:00 - Re: Last Night Spoiler - (dentav@aol.com)

Actually I think there is a way that both Natalie and Bob are right. If Maddy had a relationship with Ops and wished to again someday in REAL life then she could be welcoming his advances BUT since they are not going to have this anytime in the future she rebuffs him. At that point when she rebuffs him she is saying No thanks. So if he's to continue to pursue her then Yes he could be considered harrassing her. And up until she walked into the tower I felt that occurring on some level. Even though she may have been flattered by his attention, she was uncomfortable with it as well. Its possible... Once she went to the tower she sent mixed signals. She is saying no but her actions are saying yes. That is not to say that Ops could have free reign with her. I believe a woman still has the right to say NO at anytime. Even if she is standing there nekked with a man about to make love and ready to do so. There has to be mutual consent. So because we did not SEE them make love we can't assume that he forced her to do so and that her acceptance of his invitation made her cupable to what happened if she did not say NO at a later time in the evening. The whole question would be is she doing this because she wants to or not. And is she fearful of the consequences if she doesn't. Maddy does not strike me as someone who fears anyone. Yet, no one on earth is immune from fear and we've seen her wince a few times at situations before. She may be fearing Ops the way Michael fears Nikita. Or she maybe yanking his chain... I'm not sure which is true yet. But I believe that both Natalie and Bob can be right on this since we haven't had enough of their evening together to tell entirely what happened. And just by focusing on their PAST doesnt' say much either because it doesn't excuse any misbehavior in the future. Guess the jury is still out on this one... Denise

1998-08-12 00:00:00 - Re: Last Night Spoiler - (catknsn@aol.com)

1998-08-13 00:00:00 - Re: Last Night Spoiler - (silvrsharp@aol.com)

>LOL! Actually I'm going to Anchorage for a week! > I just got back from Alaska. I guarantee you'll love it, unless of course you hate rain, which there seems to be quite a bit of. But it does stop at times, and other than that, it's spectacular. :-) Cathy Thanks! I needed the weather report! I'm going to visit family, was there once before (15 years ago!) but that was in high summer. What am I DOING?!? sharp, who really, really loves warm weather

1998-08-14 00:00:00 - Re: Last Night Spoiler - (paleoanth@aol.com)

Denise- I totally agree with you. I never even thought of the harassment idea until Nat brought it up. I rewatched the show last night, and Maddy does seem to be sending mixed signals. Paleoanth >Actually I think there is a way that both Natalie and Bob are right. > >If Maddy had a relationship with Ops and wished to again someday in REAL life >then she could be welcoming his advances BUT since they are not going to have >this anytime in the future she rebuffs him. > >At that point when she rebuffs him she is saying No thanks. So if he's to >continue to pursue her then Yes he could be considered harrassing her. And >up >until she walked into the tower I felt that occurring on some level. Even >though she may have been flattered by his attention, she was uncomfortable >with it as well. Its possible... > >Once she went to the tower she sent mixed signals. She is saying no but her >actions are saying yes. That is not to say that Ops could have free reign >with >her. I believe a woman still has the right to say NO at anytime. Even if >she >is standing there nekked with a man about to make love and ready to do so. >There has to be mutual consent. > >So because we did not SEE them make love we can't assume that he forced her >to >do so and that her acceptance of his invitation made her cupable to what >happened if she did not say NO at a later time in the evening. > >The whole question would be is she doing this because she wants to or not. >And is she fearful of the consequences if she doesn't. > >Maddy does not strike me as someone who fears anyone. Yet, no one on earth >is >immune from fear and we've seen her wince a few times at situations before. >She may be fearing Ops the way Michael fears Nikita. Or she maybe yanking >his >chain... > >I'm not sure which is true yet. But I believe that both Natalie and Bob can >be >right on this since we haven't had enough of their evening together to tell >entirely what happened. And just by focusing on their PAST doesnt' say much >either because it doesn't excuse any misbehavior in the future. > >Guess the jury is still out on this one... > >Denise

1998-08-15 00:00:00 - Re: Last Night Spoiler - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

SrSaima wrote in message <1998081514392600.KAA23341@ladder01.news.aol.com>... > >I rewatched the episode this morning. I am not seeing Maddy reject Ops with >any conviction. When she tells him "desire is weakness" it appears to me that >she is trying to remind herself or convince herself of something. Yes, she >wants Ops, yes they have a past and she is fighting HERSELF an d HER desires >to try and keep it platonic. Watch her face as she tells him this. It is not >disgust or revulsion or anger when she tells him. Maddy wants him and by her >going to the tower, which Ops knew all along she would come, she finally gives >in to her weakness----the desire for Ops. Ops is upfront about what he wants >and it is Maddy. Maddy is the one straddling the fence and not making up her >mind because of some "perception" in her own mind. I suspect that Madeline's motivation in "giving in" come more from tactical considerations relating to Section "office politics" than a sexual desire for Ops . JMO, Colin

1998-08-15 00:00:00 - Re: Last Night Spoiler - (Wickddollnospam@hotmail.com)

Thank you, Colin. My point exactly. :-D Natalie, vindicated On Sat, 15 Aug 1998 07:46:19 -0700, "Colin Whipple" <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com> wrote: > >SrSaima wrote in message ><1998081514392600.KAA23341@ladder01.news.aol.com>... >> >>I rewatched the episode this morning. I am not seeing Maddy reject Ops >with >>any conviction. When she tells him "desire is weakness" it appears to me >that >>she is trying to remind herself or convince herself of something. Yes, she >>wants Ops, yes they have a past and she is fighting HERSELF an d HER >desires >>to try and keep it platonic. Watch her face as she tells him this. It is >not >>disgust or revulsion or anger when she tells him. Maddy wants him and by >her >>going to the tower, which Ops knew all along she would come, she finally >gives >>in to her weakness----the desire for Ops. Ops is upfront about what he >wants >>and it is Maddy. Maddy is the one straddling the fence and not making up >her >>mind because of some "perception" in her own mind. > > >I suspect that Madeline's motivation in "giving in" come more from tactical >considerations relating to Section "office politics" than a sexual desire >for Ops . > >JMO, >Colin > > > (remove "nospam" from email address to reply) "Wicked little doll, you are not human" "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

1998-08-15 00:00:00 - Re: Last Night Spoiler - (clbcrb@aol.com)

1998-08-15 00:00:00 - Re: Last Night Spoiler - (srsaima@aol.com)

1998-08-16 00:00:00 - Re: Last Night Spoiler - (hondarill@aol.com)

1998-08-16 00:00:00 - Re: Last Night Spoiler - (catknsn@aol.com)