FLM films - My Webpage

1998-06-29 00:00:00 - Re: Double Date 'review' - (srsaima@aol.com)

1998-06-29 00:00:00 - Re: Double Date 'review' - (vwb79@aol.com)

>Wickddollnospam@hotmail.com (Wickddoll) >Much to my own surprise, I LIKED this ep! >Natalie, just as amazed as you are that she liked DD > <br> I agree with Natalie. I've seen alot of postings from people not liking the ep. I thought it was very good. Fanning was a wonderful creep--just loved to hate him! And I loved the way Nikita got in Ops face. Go girl! And, sorry Natalie, but I'll take any chance I can get to see RD in the sack! <br> Jo Jo :)

1998-06-29 00:00:00 - Re: Double Date 'review' - (Wickddollnospam@hotmail.com)

On 29 Jun 1998 21:39:24 GMT, vwb79@aol.com (VWB79) wrote: >>Wickddollnospam@hotmail.com (Wickddoll) > >>Much to my own surprise, I LIKED this ep! > >>Natalie, just as amazed as you are that she liked DD >> > ><br> >I agree with Natalie. I've seen alot of postings from people not liking the >ep. I thought it was very good. Fanning was a wonderful creep--just loved to >hate him! And I loved the way Nikita got in Ops face. Go girl! And, sorry >Natalie, but I'll take any chance I can get to see RD in the sack! > ><br> >Jo Jo :) TRAMP! hehehe ;-D Natalie, poking fun at JJ (remove "nospam" from email address to reply) "Wicked little doll, you are not human" "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

1998-06-29 00:00:00 - Re: Double Date 'review' - (writerrita@aol.com)

Much as I hate to admit it, I didn't care for this ep. Just felt that it was contrived and had too many plot holes. I felt there were too many other choices that could have been made. And, I can't for one minute believe that a wife-beating slime bag like Fanning would let Nikita off without beating the hell out of her. After all, she is a "mere" woman who helped his wife betray him with another man, then stomped his butt. After she got him with the chain, he really would have beat her. That said, there were some things I liked a lot. The Birky, "you can trust me" scene put me on the floor. Also loved Ops cool, "then he'll die too" comment. Llked Nikita's tense distrust. And, thought she was great while a captive. I agree with the person who said that Ops wasn't fooled by Fanning. I think Ops was, as he often does, taking a calculated risk, trusting that M and N were smart enough to handle Fanning. I think Michael underestimated him. He thought that having him watched by the other ops and weaponless would be sufficient. Big mistake Did anyone notice the guy at the arcade that put the disk in his mouth? Wasn't that the computer geek from the 1st season ender? (Can't remember the name.) I think the geek's name was Stanley.??? Rita

1998-06-29 00:00:00 - Double Date 'review' - (Wickddollnospam@hotmail.com)

Much to my own surprise, I LIKED this ep! I thought it was well-written, tightly executed, and back to the form of the first season. As much as I loathe Fanning, I found myself laughing at his some of his lines and shenanigans. I know the Royettes hate to see the ruthless side of Mikey, but he really had no other choice than to do the things he did to save Nikita. It's another ends/means thing. I think the main reason the Canucks hated this ep was because it featured Dupuis misusing those legendary 'co-stars' of his - well, I'm sorry M/N relationshippers, but how else would he convince Lisa he 'wanted' her? It was necessary, IMNSHO. He had that arse-kicking coming, from her POV, too. I found myself riveted to this ep from beginning to end. Loved Birky's little tricks, and his line "you can trust me" M: If you betray me, I'll kill you" . B: "That's why you can trust me". ROFLMAO! There was not a single part of this ep that made me cringe (a first). Maybe it's because there was very little of the 'shippy' M&N stuff. I think we needed a break from that. Don't get me wrong; I like the M&N thing, but we can't be bombarded with it - it would get boring. :-D Natalie, just as amazed as you are that she liked DD (remove "nospam" from email address to reply) "Wicked little doll, you are not human" "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

1998-06-29 00:00:00 - Re: Double Date 'review' - (DJ <dollbee@iname.com>)

Wickddoll wrote: > > Much to my own surprise, I LIKED this ep! > > I thought it was well-written, tightly executed, and back to the form > of the first season. > > Maybe it's because there was very little of the 'shippy' M&N stuff. I > think we needed a break from that. Don't get me wrong; I like the M&N > thing, but we can't be bombarded with it - it would get boring. > > :-D > > Natalie, just as amazed as you are that she liked DD > I agree Natalie, although I like the M & N relationship, it is not the only reason that I watch. Since they really can't be together it would get boring to see them deal with it every week. IMO the show has a lot more going for it. DJ

1998-06-29 00:00:00 - Re: Double Date 'review' - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

Wickddoll wrote in message <359772bb.232531@news.turbont.net>... >Much to my own surprise, I LIKED this ep! > >I thought it was well-written, tightly executed, and back to the form >of the first season. Why was Ops so stupid as to be taken in by Fanning? He was telegraphing his intentions so loudly that it was obvious. And why didn't Michael protest? He knew how skillful Fanning was. Colin (We disagree on this one)

Colin Whipple wrote: > > Wickddoll wrote in message <359772bb.232531@news.turbont.net>... > >Much to my own surprise, I LIKED this ep! > > > >I thought it was well-written, tightly executed, and back to the form > >of the first season. > > Why was Ops so stupid as to be taken in by Fanning? He was telegraphing his > intentions so loudly that it was obvious. And why didn't Michael protest? > He knew how skillful Fanning was. > > Colin > (We disagree on this one) I don't think Ops was taken in by Fanning, I think he knew, he just needed to use him to get the job done, he figured that Micheal and Nikita would take care of their selves, and they did. Micheal didn't protest because he knew Ops objective and that he would have to make due with the situation. JMO DJ

DJ wrote in message <6n87hb$mfu@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>... >Colin Whipple wrote: >> >> Why was Ops so stupid as to be taken in by Fanning? He was telegraphing his >> intentions so loudly that it was obvious. And why didn't Michael protest? >> He knew how skillful Fanning was. >> >> Colin >> (We disagree on this one) > >I don't think Ops was taken in by Fanning, I think he knew, he just >needed to use him to get the job done, he figured that Micheal and >Nikita would take care of their selves, and they did. Micheal didn't >protest because he knew Ops objective and that he would have to make >due with the situation. > >JMO >DJ In that case, M&N should have been FAR more carefull when they came back to the vehicle. Fanning had been out of their direct supervision for several minutes. But <sigh> I guess that had to happen for the sake of the rest of plot. Colin

1998-06-30 00:00:00 - Re: Double Date 'review' - (LFNfan@my-dejanews.com)

In article <359772bb.232531@news.turbont.net>, Wickddollnospam@hotmail.com (Wickddoll) wrote: > I found that I liked this ep a lot more the second time I watched it...and even though I am a "Royette", I realize M had to do what he did to keep N safe. I also liked the Birkhoff scene (being a Birky babe as well :-)) Kristen, a northern fan up in LFN land-hey, that rhymes... > Much to my own surprise, I LIKED this ep! > > I thought it was well-written, tightly executed, and back to the form > of the first season. > > As much as I loathe Fanning, I found myself laughing at his some of > his lines and shenanigans. I know the Royettes hate to see the > ruthless side of Mikey, but he really had no other choice than to do > the things he did to save Nikita. It's another ends/means thing. > > I think the main reason the Canucks hated this ep was because it > featured Dupuis misusing those legendary 'co-stars' of his - well, I'm > sorry M/N relationshippers, but how else would he convince Lisa he > 'wanted' her? It was necessary, IMNSHO. He had that arse-kicking > coming, from her POV, too. > > I found myself riveted to this ep from beginning to end. Loved > Birky's little tricks, and his line "you can trust me" M: If you > betray me, I'll kill you" . B: "That's why you can trust me". ROFLMAO! > > There was not a single part of this ep that made me cringe (a first). > > Maybe it's because there was very little of the 'shippy' M&N stuff. I > think we needed a break from that. Don't get me wrong; I like the M&N > thing, but we can't be bombarded with it - it would get boring. > > :-D > > Natalie, just as amazed as you are that she liked DD > > (remove "nospam" from email address to reply) > > "Wicked little doll, you are not human" > "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997) > -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

1998-06-30 00:00:00 - Re: Double Date 'review' - (vwb79@aol.com)