FLM films - My Webpage

1998-08-01 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

Nyneve wrote in message ... [snip] >Have you noticed how they can communicate without speaking? It goes way >back to Approaching Zero, when Nikita comes into section after realizing >Michael used her, she tells him she wants to see him alone using only her >eyes. And it goes on... > ******yes! the absolute faintest of eye movement and the message was received. >Have you noticed how they move as one? On missions, matching stride for >stride... seemingly two parts of the same whole... have a look... they're >totally in synch... contrast them to everyone else... Remember double >date? The teaser? The two of them striding into the briefing area, >matching step for step in a perfect rhythm? Watch closely, you'll see >they move as a single entity, each in exact time with the other, as if the >two of them are linked by some invisible strings... ******Perfection. > >Have you noticed how each can sense the other's presence? They don't have >to ask who's there, they know. Remember Half Life? When Michael knows >Nikita is standing behind him, without turning around? > >Have you noticed how each invades the other's personal space? Especially >in times of confrontation... in First Mission, as they clash over >Viscano's fate they move so that they stand but inches apart... ******Covert and full of tension.....sizzle. >But what is it that's missed from season one? Michael's seductions? The >role-playing? When I think back to all the "sorely missed" scenes from >last year, I have trouble thinking of any that weren't purely >manipulation... hand dance... tender touches... these are all staples of >Michael's seduction games, they aren't real. How can I be sorry to see >them go? We've moved past that... she won't let him do that to her >anymore... and he's stopped trying... they're becoming equals... which >brings with it more conflict, more tension.... an attraction that's half >power struggle... ******I, too, am glad to see them evolving.... > >And It seems to me that the only times they have been truly open and honest >with each other have been THIS season... the morning after conversation in >Hard Landing... Michael's confession in Half Life... when I think back to >last season I can't think of an equivalent... sure these instances are few >and far between this year, but they're there.. and I think that's a new >development too. > ******Words for the actions we saw last year. Nyn: Thanks for summarizing how I too see that the feelings/connection is still evident. After just a few minutes with you in the IRC last night, and a few times at UTV, I knew we view things in similar light. I agree with your post 100%....It all is right there in front of my nose, and I love every bit of it. Suzita (likes the darker, more obtuse kinks to the relationship)

1998-08-01 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (clbcrb@aol.com)

>Have you noticed how each invades the other's personal space? Especially >in times of confrontation... in First Mission, as they clash over >Viscano's fate they move so that they stand but inches apart... > >Theirs is an unconventional, volatile relationship... nowhere more >apparent than when they clash... it's steeped in conflict and struggle... >he fights it... she wonders why she bothers... but every time they face >off I still get shivers... one leans in towards the other until they >practically touch... there's a fine line between love and hate... they're >intimately linked.... and there's just so much there with these two, >boiling beneath the surface... > This always gives me the shivers...they approach, Micahel leans in and then Nikita take one step closer. They stare at each others lips while speaking. And then at the end of the conversation one or the other (usually Michael) breaks away to leave the other staring after them standing alone in thought. As you said Nyneve ...very erotic and extremely effective. I enjoy every scene they are in together for all of the reason you stated. Have thought about them one at a time but not all together as you have gatheresd them and agree with what you are saying. There has been a lot of stoking of the romantic fires in Season 2. The one thing that I believe is causing some romantics to get the blues is the fact that Micahel seems to have determined that a relationship of any sort with Nikita would be a danger to her...and of course to him as well. But I think he puts her safety first. He has begun to isolate himself and his feelings even more from her. He will continue to protect her and I think his feelings for her will not waver but there won't be any more chance encounters like in Hard Landing or even mission encounters like Psychic Pilgrim. ANd as a woman in love will Nikita decide that it is better for her to let it go and treat Michael as a collegue only...one she would throw herself in front of a bullet for no doubt, but only that? Domino a romantic that isn't losing faith but understands why some are in a funk.

1998-08-01 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (DJ <dollbee@iname.com>)

Wickddoll wrote: > > > I think the most telling thing is that Nikita is supposed to be the > 'heart' of the show, but it's actually Michael who risks his life on a > regular basis for the love of Nikita. He doesn't SAY it. He DOES it; > all while under the dangerously watchful eye of Maddy & Ops. If > that's not a sign of true love, then I'm totally lost. What about > his actions puzzles anyone? > > =) > > Natalie, fellow non-romantic, but as hooked on M&N as Ezbee USED to > be. > > I would just like to say that alot of people here seem to think Micheal is cold and unfeeling and your post IMO is right on target about Micheal. I see Nikita this season evolving into a smart strong person alot like Micheal is, of course he's had years more practice at section than she, and has learned a more constructive way of dealing with his compassion. I think Nikita is learning how to play the game to her advantage(like when she ratted on the sotw in old habits), she's learning to be smart at how she can help people or do the *right* thing. DJ

1998-08-01 00:00:00 - For the romantics... - (nyneve@writeme.com)

I sent a version of this post to another list and thought the response was interesting, so I'm sharing with the rest of you (hope you don't mind). (note:thanks so much to Seabush for the post about access to the newsgroups.. now I can play, my mailserver didn't carry them and I don't care for reading thru dejanews, so I only do it occassionaly.) . Hmmm.... It's quite a state of affairs when I find myself having more faith in the M/N connection than the HRs. In fact, I find myself baffled when people say that the show has given up on the M/N relationship or even that it doesn't deal with it as much as it did the first season. Am I nuts? Maybe... sometimes I think I must be if I'm the only one that sees it, but I do. I am NOT a romantic... this isn't wishful thinking on my part.. it's just what I see... I call 'em like I see them. Even while throwing all sorts of kinks into play, it seems to me that the show has done nothing but affirm the connection between these two all season... everyone in section seems to know it, why don't we? Have you noticed how they can communicate without speaking? It goes way back to Approaching Zero, when Nikita comes into section after realizing Michael used her, she tells him she wants to see him alone using only her eyes. And it goes on... Have you noticed how they move as one? On missions, matching stride for stride... seemingly two parts of the same whole... have a look... they're totally in synch... contrast them to everyone else... Remember double date? The teaser? The two of them striding into the briefing area, matching step for step in a perfect rhythm? Watch closely, you'll see they move as a single entity, each in exact time with the other, as if the two of them are linked by some invisible strings... Have you noticed how each can sense the other's presence? They don't have to ask who's there, they know. Remember Half Life? When Michael knows Nikita is standing behind him, without turning around? Have you noticed how each invades the other's personal space? Especially in times of confrontation... in First Mission, as they clash over Viscano's fate they move so that they stand but inches apart... Theirs is an unconventional, volatile relationship... nowhere more apparent than when they clash... it's steeped in conflict and struggle... he fights it... she wonders why she bothers... but every time they face off I still get shivers... one leans in towards the other until they practically touch... there's a fine line between love and hate... they're intimately linked.... and there's just so much there with these two, boiling beneath the surface... Am I just totally twisted? Perhaps... I know I like it dark... and I freely admit that for me, the scene where he beats her in Hard Landing was amongst the most erotic... but I do think the relationship is there, I see it.. I feel the tension.. and I really don't understand how anyone can miss it... Michael and Nikita are never going to start dating... they aren't going to declare their undying love for each other to elevator music... they aren't going to unplug all the phones and gaze goggle-eyed into each others eyes. This "romance" is saccharine-free.. thank God... cause I at least have a rather low tolerance level for the sickingly sweet... But what is it that's missed from season one? Michael's seductions? The role-playing? When I think back to all the "sorely missed" scenes from last year, I have trouble thinking of any that weren't purely manipulation... hand dance... tender touches... these are all staples of Michael's seduction games, they aren't real. How can I be sorry to see them go? We've moved past that... she won't let him do that to her anymore... and he's stopped trying... they're becoming equals... which brings with it more conflict, more tension.... an attraction that's half power struggle... And It seems to me that the only times they have been truly open and honest with each other have been THIS season... the morning after conversation in Hard Landing... Michael's confession in Half Life... when I think back to last season I can't think of an equivalent... sure these instances are few and far between this year, but they're there.. and I think that's a new development too. So you see... I just don't understand why the romantics are losing faith... if I see all these things I expect the HRs to see so much more... I think that there's more UST this season than last... that's just what I see. Maybe it's not in the romance novel model... maybe it's unconventional, maybe a little perverse... but then that's what I like about this show in the first place... that it doesn't fit into the mold =). Nyneve ...who's still not a romantic... but wondering what the heck happened to them....

1998-08-01 00:00:00 - For the romantics... - (nyneve@writeme.com)

I sent a version of this post to another list and thought the response was interesting, so I'm sharing with the rest of you (hope you don't mind). Hmmm.... It's quite a state of affairs when I find myself having more faith in the M/N connection than the HRs. In fact, I find myself baffled when people say that the show has given up on the M/N relationship or even that it doesn't deal with it as much as it did the first season. Am I nuts? Maybe... sometimes I think I must be if I'm the only one that sees it, but I do. I am NOT a romantic... this isn't wishful thinking on my part.. it's just what I see... I call 'em like I see them. Even while throwing all sorts of kinks into play, it seems to me that the show has done nothing but affirm the connection between these two all season... everyone in section seems to know it, why don't we? Have you noticed how they can communicate without speaking? It goes way back to Approaching Zero, when Nikita comes into section after realizing Michael used her, she tells him she wants to see him alone using only her eyes. And it goes on... Have you noticed how they move as one? On missions, matching stride for stride... seemingly two parts of the same whole... have a look... they're totally in synch... contrast them to everyone else... Remember double date? The teaser? The two of them striding into the briefing area, matching step for step in a perfect rhythm? Watch closely, you'll see they move as a single entity, each in exact time with the other, as if the two of them are linked by some invisible strings... Have you noticed how each can sense the other's presence? They don't have to ask who's there, they know. Remember Half Life? When Michael knows Nikita is standing behind him, without turning around? Have you noticed how each invades the other's personal space? Especially in times of confrontation... in First Mission, as they clash over Viscano's fate they move so that they stand but inches apart... Theirs is an unconventional, volatile relationship... nowhere more apparent than when they clash... it's steeped in conflict and struggle... he fights it... she wonders why she bothers... but every time they face off I still get shivers... one leans in towards the other until they practically touch... there's a fine line between love and hate... they're intimately linked.... and there's just so much there with these two, boiling beneath the surface... Am I just totally twisted? Perhaps... I know I like it dark... and I freely admit that for me, the scene where he beats her in Hard Landing was amongst the most erotic... but I do think the relationship is there, I see it.. I feel the tension.. and I really don't understand how anyone can miss it... Michael and Nikita are never going to start dating... they aren't going to declare their undying love for each other to elevator music... they aren't going to unplug all the phones and gaze goggle-eyed into each others eyes. This "romance" is saccharine-free.. thank God... cause I at least have a rather low tolerance level for the sickingly sweet... But what is it that's missed from season one? Michael's seductions? The role-playing? When I think back to all the "sorely missed" scenes from last year, I have trouble thinking of any that weren't purely manipulation... hand dance... tender touches... these are all staples of Michael's seduction games, they aren't real. How can I be sorry to see them go? We've moved past that... she won't let him do that to her anymore... and he's stopped trying... they're becoming equals... which brings with it more conflict, more tension.... an attraction that's half power struggle... And It seems to me that the only times they have been truly open and honest with each other have been THIS season... the morning after conversation in Hard Landing... Michael's confession in Half Life... when I think back to last season I can't think of an equivalent... sure these instances are few and far between this year, but they're there.. and I think that's a new development too. So you see... I just don't understand why the romantics are losing faith... if I see all these things I expect the HRs to see so much more... I think that there's more UST this season than last... that's just what I see. Maybe it's not in the romance novel model... maybe it's unconventional, maybe a little perverse... but then that's what I like about this show in the first place... that it doesn't fit into the mold =). Nyneve ...who's still not a romantic... but wondering what the heck happened to them.... (note:thanks so much to Seabush for the post about access to the newsgroups.. now I can play, my news server didn't carry them and I don't care for reading thru dejanews, so I only do it occassionaly. I'm having trouble posting thru the public servers though - keep getting error messages- I had to fall back on dejanews. Any suggestions?) -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

1998-08-01 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (lafemme99@aol.com)

bravo that was very well written and really made me think. i would have been one of the people to say that season one was better, but for michael and nikitas relationship, everything that you said was true. this season they are becoming more equals and thier feelings toward each other are genuine. i also love this show because it doesn't fit the mold . i have noticed that michael ans nikita are always in each others personal space and you can feel the electricity. you have given me something to think about, even though i don't like the road that they follow , i believe that they will still have deep feelings for each other at the end of it jen

1998-08-01 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (platt96@aol.com)

thanks for the post , well thought out, makes me think alittle more, and I am a romantic. !!! I still love the emotion in both their eyes, when they are near each other.

1998-08-01 00:00:00 - Oops.. sorry for the double post... - (nyneve@writeme.com)

uhhh... well I THOUGHT the sending wasn't working... I did get an error message... a whole bunch in fact... but it posted anyway.. so, sorry for the double post. Ack! Okay... now I'm embarrassed... Well.. it could have been worse I guess... <sigh> there could have been a dozen copies... Nyneve ... who is apparently very redundant today... (this is going to be a wee bit more complicated than I thought) -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

1998-08-01 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (Wickddollnospam@hotmail.com)

On Sat, 01 Aug 1998 15:45:28 -0400, nyneve@writeme.com (Nyneve) wrote: *SNIP*! >Am I just totally twisted? Perhaps... I know I like it dark... and I >freely admit that for me, the scene where he beats her in Hard Landing was >amongst the most erotic... but I do think the relationship is there, I see >it.. I feel the tension.. and I really don't understand how anyone can >miss it... > >Michael and Nikita are never going to start dating... they aren't going to >declare their undying love for each other to elevator music... they aren't >going to unplug all the phones and gaze goggle-eyed into each others >eyes. This "romance" is saccharine-free.. thank God... cause I at least >have a rather low tolerance level for the sickingly sweet... > >But what is it that's missed from season one? Michael's seductions? The >role-playing? When I think back to all the "sorely missed" scenes from >last year, I have trouble thinking of any that weren't purely >manipulation... hand dance... tender touches... these are all staples of >Michael's seduction games, they aren't real. How can I be sorry to see >them go? We've moved past that... she won't let him do that to her >anymore... and he's stopped trying... they're becoming equals... which >brings with it more conflict, more tension.... an attraction that's half >power struggle... > >And It seems to me that the only times they have been truly open and honest >with each other have been THIS season... the morning after conversation in >Hard Landing... Michael's confession in Half Life... when I think back to >last season I can't think of an equivalent... sure these instances are few >and far between this year, but they're there.. and I think that's a new >development too. > >Maybe it's not in the romance novel model... maybe it's unconventional, >maybe a little perverse... but then that's what I like about this show in >the first place... that it doesn't fit into the mold =). > >Nyneve >...who's still not a romantic... but wondering what the heck happened to >them.... I think the most telling thing is that Nikita is supposed to be the 'heart' of the show, but it's actually Michael who risks his life on a regular basis for the love of Nikita. He doesn't SAY it. He DOES it; all while under the dangerously watchful eye of Maddy & Ops. If that's not a sign of true love, then I'm totally lost. What about his actions puzzles anyone? =) Natalie, fellow non-romantic, but as hooked on M&N as Ezbee USED to be. (remove "nospam" from email address to reply) "Wicked little doll, you are not human" "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

1998-08-02 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - ("Lynn S. Goodrich" <goodrich@pop.flash.net>)

Nyneve wrote: > Hmmm.... It's quite a state of affairs when I find myself having more > faith in the M/N connection than the HRs. In fact, I find myself baffled > when people say that the show has given up on the M/N relationship or even > that it doesn't deal with it as much as it did the first season. > > Am I nuts? Maybe... sometimes I think I must be if I'm the only one that > sees it, but I do. I am NOT a romantic... this isn't wishful thinking on > my part.. it's just what I see... I call 'em like I see them. > > Even while throwing all sorts of kinks into play, it seems to me that the > show has done nothing but affirm the connection between these two all > season... everyone in section seems to know it, why don't we? Who are th HR's? The Royettes? Anyway, no I don't think you are crazy. I do, however, think there has been a major shift in the MN relationship this season. I think if we had gotten the episodes in order we would see that a bit more clearly. Having gotten the tapes in order from someone, I see that. Nikita has clearly changed and grown more mature. Because of that we do not see the 'high school' type view of romance that she had early in the series. Now, as you so eloquently point out, the subtle things show the strength of their relationship. > Have you noticed how they can communicate without speaking? It goes way > back to Approaching Zero, when Nikita comes into section after realizing > Michael used her, she tells him she wants to see him alone using only her > eyes. And it goes on... > > Have you noticed how they move as one? On missions, matching stride for > stride... seemingly two parts of the same whole... have a look... they're > totally in synch... contrast them to everyone else... Remember double > date? The teaser? The two of them striding into the briefing area, > matching step for step in a perfect rhythm? Watch closely, you'll see > they move as a single entity, each in exact time with the other, as if the > two of them are linked by some invisible strings... > > Have you noticed how each can sense the other's presence? They don't have > to ask who's there, they know. Remember Half Life? When Michael knows > Nikita is standing behind him, without turning around? > > Have you noticed how each invades the other's personal space? Especially > in times of confrontation... in First Mission, as they clash over > Viscano's fate they move so that they stand but inches apart... These are all the subtleties I mentioned. It is quite obvious that Nikita has realized that actions speak louder than words and has adopted that attitude herself. I think we will really see that tonight. No longer does she whine and pout over the things that Michael does. She now knows why. Now they are totally in sync, in every way. I think because it is a more deeply subtle relationship many have started being disappointed, but I am not one of them. > Theirs is an unconventional, volatile relationship... nowhere more > apparent than when they clash... it's steeped in conflict and struggle... > he fights it... she wonders why she bothers... but every time they face > off I still get shivers... one leans in towards the other until they > practically touch... there's a fine line between love and hate... they're > intimately linked.... and there's just so much there with these two, > boiling beneath the surface... I think each touches part of the other's souls that they have difficulty facing on their own. I think Nikita doesn't want to admit she is good at her job. Michael doesn't want to admit he can still feel. They push those buttons for each other and that sets of the conflict, but then they realize that the other person is the only one who can truly understand them, as they are. > Am I just totally twisted? Perhaps... I know I like it dark... and I > freely admit that for me, the scene where he beats her in Hard Landing was > amongst the most erotic... but I do think the relationship is there, I see > it.. I feel the tension.. and I really don't understand how anyone can > miss it... I know I am going to say this poorly, but I think that any close relationship is eventually put under extreme stress and it is then that you find out what your friend, partner, etc. is "really" made of. With M-N they have undergone these life/death stresses on numerous occasions, and each knows the other's core character. If someone is willing to die for you, that is a pretty impressive bond. And they have that. So I agree with you, just because they aren't dating regularly doesn't mean the ties don't run deep. > Michael and Nikita are never going to start dating... they aren't going to > declare their undying love for each other to elevator music... they aren't > going to unplug all the phones and gaze goggle-eyed into each others > eyes. This "romance" is saccharine-free.. thank God... cause I at least > have a rather low tolerance level for the sickingly sweet... OOOOO, no kidding. I just got nauseous reading about it. I hope they never do any of that!!!! > But what is it that's missed from season one? Michael's seductions? The > role-playing? When I think back to all the "sorely missed" scenes from > last year, I have trouble thinking of any that weren't purely > manipulation... hand dance... tender touches... these are all staples of > Michael's seduction games, they aren't real. How can I be sorry to see > them go? We've moved past that... she won't let him do that to her > anymore... and he's stopped trying... they're becoming equals... which > brings with it more conflict, more tension.... an attraction that's half > power struggle... Here Here! I had a really hard time stomaching Michael last season. Love him this season, for all the reasons you mentioned. > And It seems to me that the only times they have been truly open and honest > with each other have been THIS season... the morning after conversation in > Hard Landing... Michael's confession in Half Life... when I think back to > last season I can't think of an equivalent... sure these instances are few > and far between this year, but they're there.. and I think that's a new > development too. Well, in Friend when he jumped through the window and rescued her and then told her the story to tell to convince Section, the scene in War when he tells her that whatever good remains is her - those are just a few from Season One, but they weren't nealy as good as this season. > So you see... I just don't understand why the romantics are losing > faith... if I see all these things I expect the HRs to see so much more... > I think that there's more UST this season than last... that's just what I > see. > > Maybe it's not in the romance novel model... maybe it's unconventional, > maybe a little perverse... but then that's what I like about this show in > the first place... that it doesn't fit into the mold =). > > Nyneve > ...who's still not a romantic... but wondering what the heck happened to > them.... I agree. This is why I like the show (well not totally why, but a big part of it) and I am not a romantic. Lynn G.

1998-08-02 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (dentav@aol.com)

Exactly Natalie. I think Michael is cold and unfeeling as an OPERATIVE and since that is really the ONLY mode we are privvy to for Michael he is cast as being that way 100% of the time. I have come to believe that Michael cares more for Nikita then I did last year. He seemed controlling and ruthless in his need to protect her. Sometimes it was for the good but it shattered her being other times and made you wonder if she hadn't rather died. But this season, his stepping aside to let her grow and by encouraging her through his LETTING her take risks and indeed returning the favor of saving HIM has done more for her sense of self and I'm sure made him love her even more. As parents know the urge to control and to dictate the future of their children is there and needs to be controlled within or you end up with a child unable to function in the real world. Which is what I saw Michael doing with and TO Nikita last year. When she went off on her own and was free she was not able to survive without the Section family. This time though I see since Michael has given her the space and the room to manuever her life she is growing and is making better choices. Michael could have made her life miserable after she disobeyed his order not to see Jurgen. But he didn't as far as we know. Unless his involvement in trying to bring down Jurgen's scam was personally motivated. But that is speculation and not what we saw. This season is and giving Nikita her space and the boot so to speak is the ONE instance with those who claim Michael is the 'tough love, cruel to be kind, for her own good' person they've been describing. This is not to say that he doesn't want her anymore. I don't think that at all. I think seeing her become a woman and leave the child behind has made her even more attractive to Michael. The question now is what the hell is he going to do about it. Season three... any answers, more questions? Denise Who empathizes with the disillusioned romantics...as a former skeptic I can see how this could get rather frustrating...

1998-08-03 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (stremy1@aol.com)

I have complete faith that Jurgen is out there somewhere, probably with Red Cell or Glass Curtain setting up a major hit on Section!! (But not hurting Nikita of course).

1998-08-03 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (platt96@aol.com)

oh please jurgen is dead and let him stay DEAD!!!!

1998-08-03 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (lafannkta@aol.com)

Thanks Denise you just had to go there....... you had to say the "J" word!! N may be over Jurgen and his death, but i am not!!!! :~~~~~O <---tears of pain -Densie2 <carefully sewing up her Jugen wound> dentav wrote: >Michael could have made her life miserable after she disobeyed his order not to see Jurgen. But he didn't as far as we know. Unless his involvement in trying to bring down Jurgen's scam was personally motivated. But that is speculation and not what we saw. Denise- LaFanNKTA@aol

1998-08-04 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (granvia@aol.com)

1998-08-04 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (stremy1@aol.com)

I had one more Jurgen thought (sorry!)and wondered what others thought of it. If Michael, as some think , reallyis scheming in the backround for a future with Nikita, why didn't he join forces with Jurgen and find our what he had on Section, instead of helping to get rid of him?? Unless...Michael really just likes his life and being in Section and has no intention of ever changing things. I would think that Michael might see Jurgen as an opportunity to free him and N.

1998-08-04 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (revans7877@aol.com)

* onmy knees* Please stop no more Jurgen if he's dead if he's alive living in the flordia key's it doesn't matter as long as he's happy A>A>M> " HEY! If youo don't like how I drive get off the sidewalk"

1998-08-05 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (stremy1@aol.com)

I had been under the impression that he was slated for cancelation - I sound like a network geek.

1998-08-06 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (dentav@aol.com)

Actually, Jurgen was NOT slated for cancellation officially. Instead his leverage and the freedom he acquired from it was now gone so in effect to him it was akin to being cancelled. As far as Jurgen chosing to die, someone had to go in and detonate the bomb. If Jurgen had not Michael would have. All Jurgen chose to do was to be the person to be a suicide bomber and let Michael live. I don't think he would have chosen to die right away if he had not been presented the opportunity. I think after the shock of his situation and his being discovered wore off he'd probably find some other way to cope. As it was, I think he figured Section would be on him like white on rice and he couldn't handle that idea and would rather be dead. He said he didn't want to be treated like a caged animal, he couldn't live like that. Denise Who misses Jurgen and is SOOOOO happy people STILL talk about him. He's bigger in DEATH (?) than he was in life. Like most heroes.....

1998-08-06 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (vwb79@aol.com)

>From: dentav@aol.com (Dentav) >Denise >Who misses Jurgen and is SOOOOO happy people STILL talk about him. He's >bigger >in DEATH (?) than he was in life. Like most heroes..... <br> I' m glad to see someone else likes Jurgen. I did. He was a good trainer for Nikita--tough, but without all of the mind games that Michael seems to play. And I thought he was rather nice looking--not sure what seems to turn most people off from liking him. <br> JoJo

1998-08-06 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (Wickddollnospam@hotmail.com)

On 6 Aug 1998 11:09:27 GMT, vwb79@aol.com (VWB79) wrote: >And I thought he was rather nice looking--not sure what seems to turn most >people off from liking him. ><br> >JoJo That's a no-brainer, JoJo; because he stood between M&N. :-D Natalie, another Jurgen fan (remove "nospam" from email address to reply) "Wicked little doll, you are not human" "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

1998-08-06 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (stremy1@aol.com)

Thank goodness for you 3 - I thought that I was the only one out here who has fond memories of Jurgen. I refuse to give up hope (althought that bomb blast was pretty conclusive looking). I liked the guy - and thought he was pretty good-looking. As for standing between Michael and Nikita .....MICHAEL is the only one standing between them from my POV.

1998-08-12 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (EZBimbo <elzburns@prodigy.net>)

I am questioning what I perceive to be a mis-understanding about just "what" romance is as an attitude and belief system.... Romantics seem to be made out as simplist, childish and well, so silly in their expectations it is near ludricrous... Remarks have been made about Teddy Bears and boxes of candy.... White picket fences and starry eyed hand holding.... Wrong.... An overly simplistic view of something that encompasses all aspects of human relationships, which is the active process of trying to find the best in our selves and those we care for.... Not just the belief in the awesome strength of the human spirit, but how it is enhanced, magnified and changed to glorious proportions in the very act of loving.... It is the belief that by allowing ourselves to love someone,we open ourselves to change.... to change for the better, to become kinder, "gooder",nicer people simply because there is someone that we care for more than ourselves.... Think "Last of the Mohicans" Think "To Dance With the White Dog" Think "Outlander" Think "Harold and Maude" Nyneve wrote > >Michael and Nikita are never going to start dating... That isn't what the romantics want to see.... We would like to see them talking more, nothing deep, just the stuff that friends talk about.... Their day, a cartoon they read and strange dream they had.... Acknowledging their importance in each other's lives... >they aren't going to > >declare their undying love for each other to elevator music... Oh ick! :::shudder::: That wasn't romantic even in Junior High.... I ever thought it was..... (except I think they used it once in Love Story) >they aren't > >going to unplug all the phones and gaze goggle-eyed into each others > >eyes. Er, ah, who told you this was romance? Sounds more like a bad acid trip...... > This "romance" is saccharine-free.. Real romance is real sugar, sugar..... Like real meat, real potatoes.... Real growth, real development, Real need, real passion, Real unconditional love.... Now that is romance.... >thank God... cause I at least > >have a rather low tolerance level for the sickingly sweet... So do most romantics, We aren't in it for the sugar, but for the full spectrum of taste and flavors... That is why we have evolved from cheap dime store chocolates to the Dark Bitter Sweet Godiva's with a bite..... Why we like Gin in our Tonic, Why we like reality in our romance... Cathy wrote.... Snip > As to why people are losing faith, I think it's simple frustration. There have > been a lot of episodes this season where, clearly M&N have made progress in > their trust of each other. Nikita is getting stronger and she is dealing with > the complexity of their relationship. Yeah, the writers seem to be on the right track here.... SNIP >but hey, it's a bit much when the only time we > see Michael in a love scene is when he's on duty. Psychic Pilgrim was a nice > episode but somehow M&N's love scene got cut short compared to the long, > musical montages he's had with Lisa and Andrea. Ain't that the truth! Hey, I mean we get quick fades in HL and PP.... But these painfully long, unnecessarily detailed scenes with other females is a bit much.... > So, if LFN wants to make the romantics happy once more - c'mon, at the very > least, give us one decent M&N love scene before the season's end - or throw out > a really big bone in the form of something Michael says or does for Nikita. I > think that's all the fans want, and I'm assuming TPTB are smart enough to give > it to us in the last episodes. Yeah, I agree..... Any or all of the above ideas would be nice also.... EZBee, War Horse who has ditched her saddle... Wick, don't look in your trunk....

1998-08-12 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (melpor <melpor@bellsouth.net>)

EZBee, Your insight astounds me. Thank you for the beautiful post. Melissa EZBimbo wrote: > I am questioning what I perceive to be a mis-understanding about just > "what" romance is as an attitude and belief system.... > > Romantics seem to be made out as simplist, childish and well, > so silly in their expectations it is near ludricrous... > > Remarks have been made about Teddy Bears and boxes of candy.... > White picket fences and starry eyed hand holding.... > > Wrong.... > > An overly simplistic view of something that encompasses all aspects of > human relationships, > which is the active process of trying to find the best in our selves > and those we care for.... > > Not just the belief in the awesome strength of the human spirit, > but how it is enhanced, magnified and changed to glorious > proportions in the very act of loving.... > > It is the belief that by allowing ourselves to love someone,we open > ourselves to change.... > to change for the better, to become kinder, "gooder",nicer people > simply because there is someone that we care for more than ourselves.... > <snip> > > That isn't what the romantics want to see.... > We would like to see them talking more, nothing deep, just the stuff that > friends talk about.... > Their day, a cartoon they read and strange dream they had.... > Acknowledging their importance in each other's lives... > > <snip> > > Real romance is real sugar, sugar..... > Like real meat, real potatoes.... > Real growth, real development, > Real need, real passion, > Real unconditional love.... > > Now that is romance.... > <snip> > So do most romantics, > We aren't in it for the sugar, > but for the full spectrum of taste and flavors... > > That is why we have evolved from cheap dime store chocolates > to the Dark Bitter Sweet Godiva's with a bite..... > > Why we like Gin in our Tonic, > Why we like reality in our romance... >

1998-08-12 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (allenslh@aol.com)

>Not just the belief in the awesome strength of the human spirit, >but how it is enhanced, magnified and changed to glorious >proportions in the very act of loving.... > >It is the belief that by allowing ourselves to love someone,we open >ourselves to change.... >to change for the better, to become kinder, "gooder",nicer people >simply because there is someone that we care for more than ourselves.... >>they aren't going to >> >declare their undying love for each other to elevator music... > >Oh ick! >:::shudder::: >That wasn't romantic even in Junior High.... . >Why we like reality in our romance.. >>but hey, it's a bit much when the only time we >> see Michael in a love scene is when he's on duty. Psychic Pilgrim was a >nice >> episode but somehow M&N's love scene got cut short compared to the long, >> musical montages he's had with Lisa and Andrea. >Ain't that the truth! >Hey, I mean we get quick fades in HL and PP.... >But these painfully long, unnecessarily detailed scenes with other >females is a bit much.... >> So, if LFN wants to make the romantics happy once more - c'mon, at the very >> least, give us one decent M&N love scene before the season's end - or throw >out >> a really big bone in the form of >something Michael says or does for Nikita. I >> think that's all the fans want, and I'm assuming TPTB are smart enough to >give >> it to us in the last episodes. > >Yeah, I agree..... >Any or all of the above ideas would be nice also.... > >EZBee, >War Horse who has ditched her saddle... Again,I say Bravo!You continue to hit the old proverbial right on the head. . Mary Ann in Midwest

1998-08-12 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (Chris Touhey <ctouhey@CUTonramp.net>)

EZBimbo wrote: > [snip] > > Real romance is real sugar, sugar..... > Like real meat, real potatoes.... > Real growth, real development, > Real need, real passion, > Real unconditional love.... > > Now that is romance.... > Bimbette, darlin', I kinda more or less sometimes agree every now & then with at least something in your posts. ;-) And your thoughts on romance are pretty much on target. I'm kinda more or less [etc.] a romantic myself, and I certainly don't fall into the "teddy bears and boxes of candy ... White picket fences and starry eyed hand holding" category. (Well, maybe the starry eyed hand holding thing -- at least for a while.) But I have spent some time pondering the unconditional love thing. Unfortunately, at this point in time, I believe that the only opportunity for unconditional love to occur is between parent and child, and it occurs far too infrequently even then. As close as two people may become over the years, I just don't believe the state of unconditional love is really ever attained. But when it truly is there between parent & child, it is there from the start. This may not be a popular belief; it's just what I've seen and experienced in (so far) 44 years. Chris, Oxyromaticmoron <HTML> <I>EZBimbo wrote:</I> <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE><I>[snip]</I><I></I> <P><I>Real romance is real sugar, sugar.....</I> <BR><I>Like real meat, real potatoes....</I> <BR><I>Real growth, real development,</I> <BR><I>Real need, real passion,</I> <BR><I>Real unconditional love....</I><I></I> <P><I>Now that is romance....</I> <BR>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE> <P>Bimbette, darlin', <P>I kinda more or less sometimes agree every now &amp; then with at least something in your posts.&nbsp; ;-) <P>And your thoughts on romance are pretty much on target.&nbsp; I'm kinda more or less [etc.] a romantic myself, and I certainly don't fall into the "teddy bears and boxes of candy ... White picket fences and starry eyed hand holding" category.&nbsp; (Well, maybe the starry eyed hand holding thing -- at least for a while.) <P>But I have spent some time pondering the unconditional love thing.&nbsp; Unfortunately, at this point in time, I believe that the only opportunity for unconditional love to occur is between parent and child, and it occurs far too infrequently even then.&nbsp; As close as two people may become over the years, I just don't believe the state of unconditional love is really ever attained.&nbsp; But when it truly is there between parent &amp; child, it is there from the start. <P>This may not be a popular belief; it's just what I've seen and experienced in (so far) 44 years. <P>Chris, Oxyromaticmoron</HTML>

1998-08-12 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (rubyeuropa@aol.com)

1998-08-12 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

Allenslh wrote in message <1998081222354300.SAA12717@ladder03.news.aol.com>... > I don't think it is unrealistic to expect a little >more human emotion again from Michael. I felt he had great potential.I don't >really want Maddy or OPs to change. I love to hate them. >Mary Ann in Midwest Same here. Madeline and Ops are the people we love to hate. :-) Colin

1998-08-12 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (Wickddollnospam@hotmail.com)

On 12 Aug 1998 16:36:02 GMT, EZBimbo <elzburns@prodigy.net> wrote: HUGE snip! You DO go on, girl! :-D >EZBee, >War Horse who has ditched her saddle... >Wick, don't look in your trunk.... > I don't have a trunk - it's a wagon. Natalie, rural mom (remove "nospam" from email address to reply) "Wicked little doll, you are not human" "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

1998-08-12 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (catknsn@aol.com)

1998-08-14 00:00:00 - For romantics...3rd Season Expectations - (khimera@my-dejanews.com)

In article <35D1CA33.AF7F614B@bellsouth.net>, melpor <melpor@bellsouth.net> wrote: > EZBee, > > Your insight astounds me. Thank you for the beautiful post. > > Melissa Ditto well said.God Help me the day I become that lame I hope someone does me the favor of making me a gift of some time on a therapy couch. I adore a good romantic feel good movie as much as the next gal.Frankly I'm at the age where I don't feel I should have to apologize because I enjoy seeing adults have a adult relationship or heck just some really great sex between friends assuming M&N have at least progressed that far. I'm also one of those souls that remembers the female character in Love Story saying *love means never having to say your sorry* Bullshit.... I'm a romantic but I'm not brain dead I'm not trying to offend anyone here but frankly its tedious always being made feel like one should aplogize for enjoying that aspect of a show. Its not a contagious disease you can't catch it and you can just say No should you choose to *g*. I don't particularly enjoy seeing Operaions act sappy but heh throw in Nikita wrestling Michael on the Section couch and I'm willing to live and let live... I thought I'd combine posts today...My Expectations?? Well frankly except for poor character development during the ARC I've enjoyed most of Season 1 and 2 as with all things I have episodes I can't say I liked and ones I adored within both seasons. Things I'd like seen changed??? I've thought about this quite abit since the rumors flew fast and furious about the Finale Tag. I'd change little things. I love the show but as with every show I've ever enjoyed its little things that annoyed me the most. For example if the writers want to show an older maturer male such as Operations enarmoured with a woman his age then might I suggest they do that without turning him into a vegetable or a sap?? I mean Sean Connery is old enough to be my grandfather and I think he's sexy so its not an older people sex revulsion type deal. Second I realize the point of the show is to show the extraordinary lengths Section will go to achieve their goal however must they make Michael the Section slut?? I recognize a plot device as well as the next person..The writers beat this one trick pony to death using it as another brick between the wall for Michael and Nikita.Heck fire we've rebuilt Babylon with this one just this season alone.Theres enough situations within M&N's working relationship that they can think up something else once in a while besides this lame duck..I mean the feathers are starting to molt already on this one people. I'd rather avoid any Third triangle romances as well.I'm not saying its not an excellent idea however each time I toy with the concept I remember the butchering of poor ole Jurgen's character and cringe.Lets say I'm now wary of the writers when it comes to these type scenario's you know the ole adage fool me once... Alberta Watson is a beautiful woman I can't for the life of me figure out why in the world their mutilating her hair with wigs. And Walter and Birkoff are an enjoyable addition to the cast a bit more air time with them would be nice I think. Roy Dupuis if they don't allow the poor man some more range of emotions he's going to crack by Season 3 and run stark raving mad.It wouldn't hurt to allow Michael's character to unbend just a bit.We're not talking Michael impersonating Robin Willams on drugs..Just some emotion once in awhile other than that blank wall he uses to keep the world at bay.. So you see fellow NGer's I wouldn't change that much persay.I'd enjoy a bit of romance myself between Nikita and Michael.I don't want it to turn into a soap opera but there could be to para phrase Operations *more than it is*. I confess I've started routing for Blondie to get her man,and considering how much she gets dumped on I'd like to see her get a break once in awhile. -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

1998-08-16 00:00:00 - Re: For the romantics... - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

RubyEuropa wrote in message >For me, it isn't even so much that as just some sense of communion, and that >Michael does have *some* human emotion left. Like in the Rescue episode, where >Michael was pained at what happened to Angie. I loved that episode. > >Ruby I agree. I get the biggest charge out of trying to figure Michael out when he expresses his concern for people to who he just happens to cross paths with. Like Angie. Makes me realize there IS more inside him than what we are allowed to see day to day. Heck, I KNOW he is concerned for Nikita....but I love more seeing him care for people who mean nothing in his life. Suzita (choosing definition #4 from Webster's for romantic..."marked by the imaginative or emotional appeal of what is heroic, adventurous, remote, mysterious, or idealized". Sounds kind of like my man Michael :-))