FLM films - My Webpage

1998-08-08 00:00:00 - Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (dentav@aol.com)

Alrighty...we've heard the bemoaning and the disappointment about Season two. I appreciate your concerns and understand your feelings. However, I am really wondering what YOU wanted to SEE instead. I want specifics...Did you expect a real relationship? Did you think that Michael and Nikita were now common law because they consumated? Just exactly what could TPTB have done to make the naysayers believers? Here is your chance to move past the complaining and into the constructive. Offer up some ideas on what it is you WANTED...perhaps then we will gain a greater understanding of what it is you feel you lost. As someone who had no expectations or desires going into the season other than the hope of being entertained I found season two to be a great success. Perhaps the failure of the season lies more in our own desires and disappointments then what we actually saw on screen. The reverse could also be true... Denise

1998-08-08 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (rubyeuropa@aol.com)

>I want specifics...Did you expect a real relationship? Not necessarily. If it harms the dynamics of the show (which it very possibly would), then no. But I'm getting really tired of closeness between N&M in one episode, and then complete frigidity in the next five. For me, it's just too uneven, too extreme. >As someone who had no expectations or desires going into the season other >than >the hope of being entertained I found season two to be a great success. Well, I come to television wanting to be entertained, but I also want well-executed storylines and believable characters. All characters have to progress. Static characters are boring. Except for Nikita and Walter, the other characters have been really flat for me this season. For me, it's that simple <g> Ruby

1998-08-08 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (stremy1@aol.com)

I had no Michael/Nikita expectations this season - I can't think of anything duller than the two of them settling down in domestic bliss. The show is moving away from obsessing about their stagnating relationship ; IMHO that's a healthy thing! The only disappointment I had this season was that the shows seemed to lack a certain edge that they had first season - it's like pornography - I can't describe it but I know it when I see it. I liked all the missions and danger they showed last year, and the way we saw them in action all the time - eps like Rescue, or the one with Ops son where Michael played the geek and Nikita had those 70s looking curling iron bangs. But on the whole, this show is still more unpredictable than almost anything else on TV, and that will keep my personal fanny in the seat on Sunday nights!

1998-08-08 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (dentav@aol.com)

ROTFLMAO, EZ!!! Its nice to see that even when 'complaining' it sounds poetic. Mine just sounds like bitching... = ) I SINCERELY feel badly for people who were not happy with the season. I have my own scenario to offer up. Its like when a big group of friends spend big bucks on tickets to the theatre and some of the group had a wonderful time but some of the others didn't because the lady in front of them still had a beehive from the 50's and her husband and children were all basketball player stock. And still others couldn't hear well because they were surrounded by people who were having adverse reactions to the polen count. The people who saw the play and ENJOYED it are in an awkward position. Do they flaunt their enjoyment and feel lucky that they saw something that the others did not. OR do they feel kind of saddened and guilty that their experience was somehow more satisfying than their friends who paid the same price for the ticket. I KNOW how it is to be frustrated with entertainment. And I agree the philosophy of refusing to be saddened or anguished by what is entertaining is a good one. I didn't see Titanic because I didn't want to bum out at seeing people die...but I missed the boat and didn't see a great movie. I didn't see Schindler's List for the same reason and got the same effect. I guess maybe some times its better to have viewed and lost (your faith) than to have not viewed at all. I don't know. Many people tell me I am narrow minded when it comes to special effects movies that I don't go see because they are so out of the realm of reality that I can't enjoy it because it seems silly to me. For instance Air Force one. I LOVE Harrison Ford and I thought the movie was ok. But the scene of him flying like Piglet hanging on to a plane in mid-air was just a wee bit too much for me to handle. Same with some of the fakey looking stuff with Mission Impossible. To me if its 'special' and an 'effect' and is humanly impossible than its kind of insulting so I don't bother. But I realize that has shut me off of lots of entertaining movies. So do I go and try to enjoy the special effects and put aside how fake they seem or do I stay home? I've been staying home but I hear I am missing some wonderful things.... So, thanks for telling us what you wanted to see. I hope for your sake that season 3 is more to your liking. I am sure if they add the M/N stuff to the mix then it will be a better received season for everyone. Keep the faith, dear... Denise

1998-08-08 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (Chris Touhey <ctouhey@CUTonramp.net>)

I'm beginning to feel a little self-conscious. Maybe I don't pay enough attention. Maybe my observation skills aren't up to par with others here. My problem is, I just don't get the Season One vs. Season Two stuff. I've watched every episode since the beginning, with my VCR covering nicely when I'm traveling. I've said before that I find something I like and something to critique in every episode. But I'm not cognizant of favoring one season over another. I am aware, however, that how I perceive the show is different in Season Two, and that perception continues to evolve. I could [loosely] make an analogy to the evolution of a relationship (i.e., between people). The first season was filled with the excitement of discovery, the desire to absorb everything all at once, focus bordering on obsession, etc., while the second season has more of a feel of "Okay. So how are we going to coexist?". I mean I love LFN and all, but please squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom and not the middle, okay? ;-) Chris Dentav wrote: > Alrighty...we've heard the bemoaning and the disappointment about Season two. > I appreciate your concerns and understand your feelings. However, I am really > wondering what YOU wanted to SEE instead. > > I want specifics...Did you expect a real relationship? Did you think that > Michael and Nikita were now common law because they consumated? Just exactly > what could TPTB have done to make the naysayers believers? > > Here is your chance to move past the complaining and into the constructive. > Offer up some ideas on what it is you WANTED...perhaps then we will gain a > greater understanding of what it is you feel you lost. > > As someone who had no expectations or desires going into the season other than > the hope of being entertained I found season two to be a great success. > Perhaps the failure of the season lies more in our own desires and > disappointments then what we actually saw on screen. The reverse could also be > true... > > Denise <HTML> <TT>I'm beginning to feel a little self-conscious.&nbsp; Maybe I don't pay enough attention.&nbsp; Maybe my observation skills aren't up to par with others here.&nbsp; My problem is, I just don't get the Season One vs. Season Two stuff.</TT><TT></TT> <P><TT>I've watched every episode since the beginning, with my VCR covering nicely when I'm traveling.&nbsp; I've said before that I find something I like and something to critique in every episode.&nbsp; But I'm not cognizant of favoring one season over another.&nbsp; I am aware, however, that how I perceive the show is different in Season Two, and that perception continues to evolve.</TT><TT></TT> <P><TT>I could [loosely] make an analogy to the evolution of a relationship (i.e., between people).&nbsp; The first season was filled with the excitement of discovery, the desire to absorb everything all at once, focus bordering on obsession, etc., while the second season has more of a feel of "Okay.&nbsp; So how are we going to coexist?".&nbsp; I mean I love LFN and all, but please squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom and not the middle, okay?&nbsp; ;-)</TT><TT></TT> <P><TT>Chris</TT><TT></TT> <P><I><TT>Dentav wrote:</TT></I> <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE><I><TT>Alrighty...we've heard the bemoaning and the disappointment about Season two.</TT></I> <BR><I><TT>I appreciate your concerns and understand your feelings.&nbsp; However,&nbsp; I am really</TT></I> <BR><I><TT>wondering what YOU wanted to SEE instead.</TT></I><I><TT></TT></I> <P><I><TT>I want specifics...Did you expect a real relationship?&nbsp; Did you think that</TT></I> <BR><I><TT>Michael and Nikita were now common law because they consumated?&nbsp; Just exactly</TT></I> <BR><I><TT>what could TPTB have done to make the naysayers believers?</TT></I><I><TT></TT></I> <P><I><TT>Here is your chance to move past the complaining and into the constructive.</TT></I> <BR><I><TT>Offer up some ideas on what it is you WANTED...perhaps then we will gain a</TT></I> <BR><I><TT>greater understanding of what it is you feel you lost.</TT></I><I><TT></TT></I> <P><I><TT>As someone who had no expectations or desires going into the season other than</TT></I> <BR><I><TT>the hope of being entertained I found season two to be a great success.</TT></I> <BR><I><TT>Perhaps the failure of the season lies more in our own desires and</TT></I> <BR><I><TT>disappointments then what we actually saw on screen.&nbsp; The reverse could also be</TT></I> <BR><I><TT>true...</TT></I><I><TT></TT></I> <P><I><TT>Denise</TT></I></BLOCKQUOTE> <I><TT>&nbsp;</TT></I></HTML>

1998-08-08 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (allenslh@aol.com)

1998-08-08 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

Allenslh wrote in message > >Again, well said. I wish I never saw some of the episodes in season 2. > Mary Ann in the Midwest Ooooh. Not me. I have found interesting and intriguing things in each and every ep. Yep. That's what I said. Each and every. Suzita

1998-08-08 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (Wickddollnospam@hotmail.com)

Oh, Suze - not in DARKNESS VISIBLE?! Say it isn't SO! :-P Natalie, ACKing and horking On 8 Aug 1998 20:35:51 GMT, "Suzita" <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net> wrote: > >Allenslh wrote in message > >> >>Again, well said. I wish I never saw some of the episodes in season 2. >> Mary Ann in the Midwest > >Ooooh. Not me. I have found interesting and intriguing things in each and >every ep. Yep. That's what I said. Each and every. > >Suzita > > (remove "nospam" from email address to reply) "Wicked little doll, you are not human" "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

NATALIE! Yep, even in Darkness Visible. ;-) Suzita (holding the barf bag for Nat....ack!) Wickddoll wrote in message <35ccc84a.1030585@news.turbont.net>... >Oh, Suze - not in DARKNESS VISIBLE?! Say it isn't SO! > >:-P > >Natalie, ACKing and horking > > > >On 8 Aug 1998 20:35:51 GMT, "Suzita" <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net> wrote: > >> >>Allenslh wrote in message >> >>> >>>Again, well said. I wish I never saw some of the episodes in season 2. >>> Mary Ann in the Midwest >> >>Ooooh. Not me. I have found interesting and intriguing things in each and >>every ep. Yep. That's what I said. Each and every. >> >>Suzita >> >> > > >(remove "nospam" from email address to reply) > >"Wicked little doll, you are not human" >"Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

1998-08-08 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (rubyeuropa@aol.com)

>I'm beginning to feel a little self-conscious. Maybe I don't pay enough >attention. Maybe my observation skills aren't up to par with others here. >My >problem is, I just don't get the Season One vs. Season Two stuff. Don't feel self-conscious :) Everyone has different perceptions and tastes. It has nothing to do with observation skills, merely what individual viewers like or don't like. >But I'm not cognizant of favoring one season over another. Not everyone does. But some do <g> Ruby

1998-08-09 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (ELZBURNS <ELZBURNS@prodigy.net>)

Hi Denise! Dentav wrote in message <1998080804263500.AAA00561@ladder01.news.aol.com>... >Alrighty...we've heard the bemoaning and the disappointment about Season two. Geez, I didn't think you could hear me.... Really, Its just that I used the new shower massager after washing my hair with Herbal Essence...... {{blush}} >I appreciate your concerns and understand your feelings. Thank you..... and I appreciate yours and will try to understand your feelings.... >However, I am really >wondering what YOU wanted to SEE instead. A forward progression in the relationship between Michael and Nikita.... No problem with 2 steps forward and 1 back.... But clear development never the less..... More definition of the bond, more juxtapositioning.... more of the Dark Prince vs the Angel of Light like in season one.... Section the scary place it once was..... The darkness, the chill, the oppressiveness that made Nikita stand out like a ray of light.... >I want specifics...Did you expect a real relationship? Yep..... not totally complete but more than we have now... I expected a continuous progression... more depth, more revelation.... the show won't last forever... but this year they just ran in place....... Nothing much happened so this was a very flat Season.... Who left the cap off so all the fizz escaped? > Did you think that >Michael and Nikita were now common law because they consumated? No, just more bonded, In a world like section, the physical is often the metephor for the spiritual.... Yes, I took it as part of a forward progression.... Everyone, gather around and look at me, the fossil..... I find bonding and loyalty to be the highest level of human endevor..... I really believe in that kind of mating of spirits.... and it played well with the "psuedo" relalistic world of section.... Bed hopping and screwing around, hmmmm, I was raised on Valley of the Dolls, so it is also very OVERDONE for me.... >Just exactly >what could TPTB have done to make the naysayers believers? Oooooh, Don't get me started...... The arc is what made me a major naysayer... so, to make me a believer..... There could have been a female friend for Nikita, real mentor..... Someone to give guidance...... Bits of jealously are fine, but quickly dealt with...... (like less than one ep) They could have had more of the sizzle, the tension between M & N.... Let that marvelous chemistry between the two light up the screen.... A few more conversations, A bit more sharing...... Just teeny, tiny, itty bitty bit more..... But not quuuuuuiiiiiiittttteeeee enough so we were begging for more, instead of sitting here, looking at our watches muttering..... "Is that the best you could do?" >Here is your chance to move past the complaining and into the constructive. >Offer up some ideas on what it is you WANTED...perhaps then we will gain a >greater understanding of what it is you feel you lost. See above..... >As someone who had no expectations or desires going into the season other than >the hope of being entertained I found season two to be a great success. I am truly happy for you..... I am glad you were entertained..... but there are many, many, many of those who weren't entertained..... and they can't be ignored on the lists, boards, chat rooms or NG's.......... I for one, while still very very very much a HR with M & N.... Am now very much a cynic when it comes to the creative forces...... TPTB....... Yes, I have lost faith and trust..... >Perhaps the failure of the season lies more in our own desires and >disappointments then what we actually saw on screen. So, if I get a pizza which is full of anchovies.... (seems the little pizza maker just LOOOVVVES anchovies and assumes the rest of the world does too)....... Well, I hate anchovies..... and I come to find out, a goodly number of other folks at my table hate anchovies too..... So I send the pizza back and complain...... Am I wrong for being unhappy with the pizza? I mean there are some people who do like anchoives.... the little pizza maker knows that they are the mark of a real pizza in Italy.... and that pizza was his best ever..... Are we, the anchovie haters, wrong? Or, in other words, We weren't entertained when we expected to be entertained? Where does the responsibility lie? On the provider of the goods or the consumer? >The reverse could also be >true... That they expected us to like anchovies? oh dear.... EZBee, HR War Horse Wearing the Colors (Black and White of Course0 Bearing the Flag with the Emblem(Sunglasses and a Gun? help me here) Need a new saddle....

1998-08-09 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (platt96@aol.com)

yes I wanted to see a real relationship! Simple as that. The m & n thing is the real drawn for me. I love the music, the other characters etc. but bottom line is still N & M.

1998-08-11 00:00:00 - Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (pattiag@aol.com)

I'm not sure what direction I'd want to see the show go in. If I knew ahead of time it would kill some to the fun for me. LFN is undisputedly the best show on TV. I used to count the days 'till X-Files or Star Trek. They run a distant second to LFN. I look forward to lots of repeats while waiting for season three.

1998-08-14 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (rubyeuropa@aol.com)

>I agree. I used to be an avid X-files fan until I could no longer stomach: >1) >the monster of the week or 2) the total riduculousness of the Mulder/Scully >relationship. How could a girl that smart not confront this guy about their >relationship ? Disagree with you there, but that's because X-Files is my absolutely favorite television show and still the main reason I even turn my telly on :) Ruby

1998-08-14 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (Wickddollnospam@hotmail.com)

Someone still watches TXF? I gave up on them months ago; and not because of the Scully/Mulder thing. (I don't want them to get together romantically) I guess I've just grown tired of it. :-D Natalie, Ex-Phile On 14 Aug 1998 20:02:58 GMT, rubyeuropa@aol.com (RubyEuropa) wrote: >>I agree. I used to be an avid X-files fan until I could no longer stomach: >>1) >>the monster of the week or 2) the total riduculousness of the Mulder/Scully >>relationship. How could a girl that smart not confront this guy about their >>relationship ? > >Disagree with you there, but that's because X-Files is my absolutely favorite >television show and still the main reason I even turn my telly on :) > > >Ruby > (remove "nospam" from email address to reply) "Wicked little doll, you are not human" "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

1998-08-14 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

DJ wrote in message <35D49492.5BE2@iname.com>... >> >We all must have great tastes in shows since we all love LFN, so out >of curosity what would be your five favorite shows that are on the air >now? > >DJ 1) LFN 2) Earth - Final Conflict 3) Stargate SG-1 4) Outer Limits 5) Babylon 5 Colin

1998-08-14 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (kismet353@aol.com)

I agree. I used to be an avid X-files fan until I could no longer stomach: 1) the monster of the week or 2) the total riduculousness of the Mulder/Scully relationship. How could a girl that smart not confront this guy about their relationship ? LFN took care of that issue in the beginning of the second season. Now the writers are free to torture us forever with the M & N thing. IMHO, they learned from the relationship debaucle on the X-files, brilliant on their part.

1998-08-15 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

SrSaima wrote in message <1998081514300400.KAA02375@ladder03.news.aol.com>... >>TW, what is "Whose Line Is It" about? I have not heard of that show. > >It's a comdey improvisation show hosted by Drew Carey that comes on Wed. nites >9:30 eastern. It is hilarious. There was an old BBC version years ago that >they have now adopted in American format. There are 4 comedians who are given >scenarios, situations, etc. by Drew and they have to act them out with input >from the audience. Most nights I laugh til I cry or pee my pants. LOL >Everyone should check it out. > >SrSaima (a sci-fiver to the Nth degree) Thanks. Colin

1998-08-15 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (beck92856@aol.com)

Hmmmm. . . I LOVE things that make me think on Saturdays! 1. LFN 2. Homicide 3. Frazier 4. Star Trek:Voyager 5.Ally McBeal Hard to stop at five! Also enjoy NYPD Blue (although I'm having a struggle with Ricky Schoeder???), ER, Third Rock, and of course, college hoops! Gudrun, wondering how she's going to fit in chat time with the new season???

1998-08-15 00:00:00 - Five Favorite Shows (was Armchair Quarterback) - (avdwbtvusr@webtv.net)

1. Nikita 2. Babylon 5 3. Earth: Final Conflict 4. The Pretender 5. Homicide: Life on the Street

1998-08-15 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

RubyEuropa wrote in message <1998081601020700.VAA04048@ladder01.news.aol.com>... >>>What is up with all these sci-fi lovers? >>> > >That is interesting :) I've never been a huge sci-fi buff myself (other than >the Star Wars trilogy and a few other movies), but I do adore Heinlein's books. > You grok? :) Yep. We are all strangers in a strange land. Colin

1998-08-15 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (DJ <dollbee@iname.com>)

Wickddoll wrote: > > Someone still watches TXF? I gave up on them months ago; and not > because of the Scully/Mulder thing. (I don't want them to get > together romantically) I guess I've just grown tired of it. > > :-D > > Natalie, Ex-Phile > > We all must have great tastes in shows since we all love LFN, so out of curosity what would be your five favorite shows that are on the air now? DJ

1998-08-15 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (Wickddollnospam@hotmail.com)

Um.. 5. Early Edition 4. Xena 3. Hercules 2. The Pretender 1. DUH - LFN Yes, I live for fantasy (and special effects) :-D Natalie On 15 Aug 1998 01:33:40 GMT, DJ <dollbee@iname.com> wrote: >Wickddoll wrote: >> >> Someone still watches TXF? I gave up on them months ago; and not >> because of the Scully/Mulder thing. (I don't want them to get >> together romantically) I guess I've just grown tired of it. >> >> :-D >> >> Natalie, Ex-Phile >> >> >We all must have great tastes in shows since we all love LFN, so out >of curosity what would be your five favorite shows that are on the air >now? > >DJ (remove "nospam" from email address to reply) "Wicked little doll, you are not human" "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

1998-08-15 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (rubyeuropa@aol.com)

>We all must have great tastes in shows since we all love LFN, so out >of curosity what would be your five favorite shows that are on the air >now? Hmm.. dunno if I have five... the only shows I watch religiously are X-Files and La Femme Nikita and Masterpiece Theatre (esp. Inspector Morse). But I try and catch Politically Incorrect and Law & Order whenever I can. I usually try and catch the specials on A&E (like American Justice, Biography, etc), PBS, Discovery . Ruby

1998-08-15 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (Chris Touhey <ctouhey@CUTonramp.net>)

DJ wrote: > We all must have great tastes in shows since we all love LFN, so out > of curosity what would be your five favorite shows that are on the air > now? 1) La Femme Nikita 2) The Pretender 3) Nash Bridges 4) Emeril Live / Taste with David Rosengarten (TIE) 5) Frasier -------------------------- Used to like King of the Hill, South Park, Millennium, and X-Files, but have gotten bored. Catch A&E Biography and VH1 Behind the Music when it's something I'm interested in. Sundance Channel has some interesting films. Only watching #1 & #4 over the summer. Only tape the first three -- catch the others when I can. Chris

1998-08-15 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (srsaima@aol.com)

I just love lists...... 1. La Femme Nikita 2. Whose Line Is It? 3. Star Trek Voyager 4. Babylon 5 5. Earth: Final Conflict What is up with all these sci-fi lovers? SrSaima (waiting for HER alien abduction)

1998-08-15 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (melpor <melpor@bellsouth.net>)

1. LFN 2. Austin City Limits 3. Homicide 4. Frasier 5. 3rd Rock of course, this all changes when college basketball season kicks in starting in Nov. Good thing I don't have to worry about a game going up against LFN...Chapel Hill has an antiquated cable system so I can't watch one and tape the other...it's another reason to move to Durham. Melissa going to hear Bela Fleck tonight...any Flecktone fans out there?

SrSaima wrote in message <1998081512374000.IAA23573@ladder03.news.aol.com>... >I just love lists...... > >1. La Femme Nikita >2. Whose Line Is It? >3. Star Trek Voyager >4. Babylon 5 >5. Earth: Final Conflict > >What is up with all these sci-fi lovers? > >SrSaima (waiting for HER alien abduction) We just have good taste, that's all. :-) BTW, what is "Whose Line Is It" about? I have not heard of that show. Colin

1998-08-15 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (srsaima@aol.com)

>TW, what is "Whose Line Is It" about? I have not heard of that show. It's a comdey improvisation show hosted by Drew Carey that comes on Wed. nites 9:30 eastern. It is hilarious. There was an old BBC version years ago that they have now adopted in American format. There are 4 comedians who are given scenarios, situations, etc. by Drew and they have to act them out with input from the audience. Most nights I laugh til I cry or pee my pants. LOL Everyone should check it out. SrSaima (a sci-fiver to the Nth degree)

1998-08-16 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (Gabriela <gcastagnino@rocketmail.com>)

My top 5 favorites shows are: 1. LFN 2. Lois & Clark 3. Scoop 4. JAG 5. The century of discoveries (yes, the Discovery Channel) Please bear in mind that I live in Argentina, South America, so I get reruns of shows that aren't aired in US now, and other fav shows in US don't reach this part of the world. Gabie PS: Scoop is the Canadian show RD made from 92 to 94 (more or less). He played a journalist. Now, envy me. ;-P

1998-08-16 00:00:00 - Re: Five Favorite Shows (was Armchair Quarterback) - (allenslh@aol.com)

1998-08-16 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (rubyeuropa@aol.com)

1998-08-17 00:00:00 - Re: Armchair Quarterback with 20/20 hindsight - (writerrita@aol.com)

In article <1998080804263500.AAA00561@ladder01.news.aol.com>, dentav@aol.com (Dentav) writes: > >Alrighty...we've heard the bemoaning and the disappointment about Season two. > Not from me. There are episodes or parts of eps that I've liked less, but overall, it's still the best show in my book. I love the character interactions and the Michael/Nikita dance. Could use a few more moments of sizzle, but what the hell, I'm reasonably patient. Hated the Walter/Belinda- Birkoff/Gail thing, but everyone is allowed a mistake or two. <g> I guess they needed those relationships to help point out the hypocricy of Ops and his pursual of Maddy. Rita