FLM films - My Webpage

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (Arch <arch99@my-deja.com>)

LFN has changed over the years. Back in the days, we had one bad group bka "Section One" and other teams such as Red Cell, Freedom League, etc fighthing against one another, now we have Section One either fighting against one another or Operations and Madeline fighting against George. The show is getting a little weird. I know that the writers are trying their best, but IMHO we don't need a remake of Powder, The Golden Child, Omen, Children Of The Corn, Firestarter, etc. We surely don't need another episode where everyone and their mothers memory is wiped away and only Batman can survive long enough to stop it. The Bat pill isn't that good. The writers started off season four with Nikita being the bad girl, now that she is back, they need to move on. I think they should of played with the bad girl plot a little longer, at least we would of have more action scene and little out dated love scenes between Nikita and Michael. Nikita and Michael realtionship should be based on something else than sex. After a while Michael will get tired of Nikita. He is so use to driving different cars or should I say shifting his stick in different gears. After a while, he will get tired of staying in 1st gear, because the thrill will leave. We have a few more episodes to go. I am sure in one of those episodes there will be a woman that Michael will have to seduce, which will lead to sex. Michael is use to different women. I don't think his love making to other women has anything to do with Section One. Michael knows how to use his charm without getting a woman into bed. He so said he was investigating Andrea, okay, maybe that is true, but what did her body has to do with him investigating her? I say Michael just wanted to get laid. Frankly, I think he lied to her about her being investigated. He just said it to throw her off,because he didn't want to face the pain she was going through. Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (mirondyw@cs.com)

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (mottowI-HATE-SPAM@alphalink.com.au)

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (Angeline Koh <akoh@bigpond.com>)

they're actually at the 5th or 6th ep of season 3 they keep cutting it off to show cricket *annoyed frown* i'm in melbourne, so i assume it's the same all round australia =)) Mark Ottow <mottowI-HATE-SPAM@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message news:38f814ac.20815162@news.alphalink.com.au... > >Well, I can't speak much about the previous seasons, because I became a fan of > >LFN half-way through the third season, but your comments reminded me of another > >newsgroup: Buffy, the Vampire Slayer. There has been a lot of Buffy-bashing > >this season too.The show is only in the 3rd or 4th season, but a lot of changes > >happened. Buffy's love interest left for his own show, she went to college, she > >was pretty depressed for the first few episodes. Someone on that group > >commented that the reason a lot of people were complaining was not that the eps > >were bad, they were just different from what they were used to, and the people > >weren't giving it a chance. I don't agree with that in the case of Buffy, but > >it seems from a lot of posts that the themes (i.e. telekinesis) are really > >different from the mission-based episodes in the past. Maybe the eps aren't > >really that bad, they're just not what attracted most people to the show in the > >first place. Don't get me wrong: I'm not criticizing the people who are bashing > >(like the person on the Buffy newsgroup was); I wonder sometimes when writers > >try something radically different. Different isn't always better. Usually, it's > >a sign that they're running out of ideas. > > > >mirondy > > I was turned right off LFN from the first few episodes... I was always > a huge fan of the original French movie, and I thought LFN totally > ruined the concept. > > I'm not sure where we're up to lately (I'm in Australia), but just > recently I started watching it again and was very impressed. :) > If I disassociate the series from the movie (yes, that still gets to > me) I think it's really cool. > Maybe it's the infulence of Joel's old partner-in-crime (From my > beloved Nowhere Man) Lawrence Hertzog. :-) > > As for Buffy, well as long as she's cute and kicks ass, I'll keep > watching. ;-) > > Mark. > > /me goes back to his normal stomping ground at alt.tv.nowhere-man > now...

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (mottowI-HATE-SPAM@alphalink.com.au)

On Sat, 15 Apr 2000 20:53:17 +1000, "Angeline Koh" <akoh@bigpond.com> wrote: >they're actually at the 5th or 6th ep of season 3 >they keep cutting it off to show cricket *annoyed frown* >i'm in melbourne, so i assume it's the same all round australia =)) Yah... I'm in Melbourne too... And I'm so totally sick of the networks putting cricket, football, and tennis on over good shows... :-( But what can ya do??? They're busy corrupting peoples minds... That takes precedence over anything even remotely intelligent. ;-)

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - ("Colin L. Whipple" <colinwNSPM@power.net>)

"Mark Ottow" <mottowI-HATE-SPAM@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message news:38f814ac.20815162@news.alphalink.com.au... > > I was turned right off LFN from the first few episodes... I was always > a huge fan of the original French movie, and I thought LFN totally > ruined the concept. I am kind of glad I did not see the movie until after I was watching the TV show. But the original movie was too dark for me to like if it had been extended for a long period of time on a TV show. Colin

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (DONShaza <shaza@my-deja.com>)

I've always loved all the different kinds of views. Bashers keep Faithfuls like us on our toes! LOL As to whether the show has changed or not, it does need to realign its focus again. I want a stronger, wiser, but still innocent, Nikita in action! Shaza :D Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (Jules <julian-ross@sff.net>)

> I'm beginning to see the same sort of show-bashing in LFN fandom that I saw > among X-Philes. I, personally, am not burned out on LFN, though I do hope the last few episodes aren't a trend. As for The X-Files, the show did take a major turn for the worse during its second season, when writers Glen Morgan and Jim Wong left to do SPACE: ABOVE AND BEYOND. While they were still under contract, Chris Carter squeezed as many episodes from them as he could, then after they left he tried writing the series almost entirely by himself. The remaining staff writers weren't up to the task (Sara Charno was a marginal talent, John Shiban didn't really "get" the show, and Howard Gordon was an appendage of Carter.) Carter's Nazi-like behavior during this period put staff morale in the dumper, and his own stultifying prose made the show deadly boring. The few bright spots were the humorous episodes written by Glen's brother, Darin Morgan. In the past couple of years, the addition of Vince Gilligan has improved things, coming the closest to Morgan and Wong's early work on the show, but Carter still insists on writing and still is channeling Dostoevsky, so it's an uphill battle for Gilligan. IOW, I don't think it's just the fans' reaction. There really is some bad writing going on at 10-13. -- Jules beannachd leibh <http://www.dm.net/~julianne-lee> <http://adult.dencity.com/qIra> <http://www.sff.net/people/julian-ross> <http://members.xoom.com/suricata/denial.htm>

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (trajan <trajan@optonline.net>)

Interesting question. I think overanalysis is a big mistake when dealing with weekly television series. These are ENTERTAINMENTS, nothing more. And I like to view them that way...who looked great? Who made a scene sing? How did the story flow? Was the dialog clever? I don't really consider what happened the week before...nor am I concerned about the next week. They either entertained me for a hour or they didn't. I don't care if they're building a big "mytharc" a la "X-Files," and it doesn't bother me when the story doesn't relate to prior stories. I work hard all week and I'm not dwelling on LFN!! I think you're right to question whether the show has changed its formula, or have the fans grown tired. I think that latter is more correct. You (and I include myself here) can only yammer on so long about detail and intent that the writers themselves probably didn't think much about! I say: take it for what it is and enjoy! (Or turn the channel if you prefer.) Regards from someone who really should be working now, Trajan Wickeddoll wrote: > > Just a thought... > > I'm beginning to see the same sort of show-bashing in LFN fandom that I saw > among X-Philes. > > I've watched some of the old eps from season one that are considered top of > the line. You know what? I didn't find them quite so 'brilliant' as I > remember them. They were good, don't get me wrong. But I think that > barometer is not all that valid. I think that with any show, you reach a > point where you are growing tired of the series and its characters, and so, > you start to overanalyze it. I also think that having talked yourself out > about the show, you tend to focus on your fellow fans. I've recently > contacted some of my old X-Files buddies, and find that while they still > seem to want to remain in contact with me, they have little or nothing good > to say about the series. And, unfortunately, they don't have much nice to > say about each other either. Human nature, I'm afraid. OK psychology > majors... what is that called? Displaced anger? > > This is not meant to slam LFN fans or anyone else. It's just an > observation. > > The question is, has LFN really changed all that much, or have we? > > Natalie, English major > -- > > http://members.xoom.com/MelodyA/lfn.htm > > "Wicked little doll, you are not human" > "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (Steven Landry <landry4546@home.com>)

One of the problems with going back and watching the season one eps is that the characters were not fully developed then. Even though most of us don't like the way the characters developed, we have witnessed the evolution from two dimensional to three dimensional characters. We know alot more about them now, and watching the old eps can be disappointing in the sense that they don't react to one another the way we expect them to. So while I agree that the season one and two eps had better plots, (actually way better plots) the characters aren't as deep as they are now. Even though I agree with ERG that M&O have become putzes, we now expect to see depth that wasn't there during seasons one and two. Just my two cents. Steve L. Wickeddoll wrote: > > Just a thought... > > I'm beginning to see the same sort of show-bashing in LFN fandom that I saw > among X-Philes. > > I've watched some of the old eps from season one that are considered top of > the line. You know what? I didn't find them quite so 'brilliant' as I > remember them. They were good, don't get me wrong. But I think that > barometer is not all that valid. I think that with any show, you reach a > point where you are growing tired of the series and its characters, and so, > you start to overanalyze it. I also think that having talked yourself out > about the show, you tend to focus on your fellow fans. I've recently > contacted some of my old X-Files buddies, and find that while they still > seem to want to remain in contact with me, they have little or nothing good > to say about the series. And, unfortunately, they don't have much nice to > say about each other either. Human nature, I'm afraid. OK psychology > majors... what is that called? Displaced anger? > > This is not meant to slam LFN fans or anyone else. It's just an > observation. > > The question is, has LFN really changed all that much, or have we? > > Natalie, English major > -- > > http://members.xoom.com/MelodyA/lfn.htm > > "Wicked little doll, you are not human" > "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (Wickeddoll <wickeddoll@nofeckingspamhotmail.com>)

Good points. Natalie "trajan" <trajan@optonline.net> wrote in message news:38F8BB1E.40BA9F6D@optonline.net... > Interesting question. I think overanalysis is a big mistake when > dealing with weekly television series. These are ENTERTAINMENTS, > nothing more. And I like to view them that way...who looked great? > Who made a scene sing? How did the story flow? Was the dialog > clever? > > I don't really consider what happened the week before...nor am I > concerned about the next week. They either entertained me for a hour > or they didn't. I don't care if they're building a big "mytharc" a la > "X-Files," and it doesn't bother me when the story doesn't relate to > prior stories. I work hard all week and I'm not dwelling on LFN!! > > I think you're right to question whether the show has changed its > formula, or have the fans grown tired. I think that latter is more > correct. You (and I include myself here) can only yammer on so long > about detail and intent that the writers themselves probably didn't > think much about! > > I say: take it for what it is and enjoy! (Or turn the channel if you > prefer.) > > Regards from someone who really should be working now, > Trajan > > > > Wickeddoll wrote: > > > > Just a thought... > > > > I'm beginning to see the same sort of show-bashing in LFN fandom that I saw > > among X-Philes. > > > > I've watched some of the old eps from season one that are considered top of > > the line. You know what? I didn't find them quite so 'brilliant' as I > > remember them. They were good, don't get me wrong. But I think that > > barometer is not all that valid. I think that with any show, you reach a > > point where you are growing tired of the series and its characters, and so, > > you start to overanalyze it. I also think that having talked yourself out > > about the show, you tend to focus on your fellow fans. I've recently > > contacted some of my old X-Files buddies, and find that while they still > > seem to want to remain in contact with me, they have little or nothing good > > to say about the series. And, unfortunately, they don't have much nice to > > say about each other either. Human nature, I'm afraid. OK psychology > > majors... what is that called? Displaced anger? > > > > This is not meant to slam LFN fans or anyone else. It's just an > > observation. > > > > The question is, has LFN really changed all that much, or have we? > > > > Natalie, English major > > -- > > > > http://members.xoom.com/MelodyA/lfn.htm > > > > "Wicked little doll, you are not human" > > "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (Wickeddoll <wickeddoll@nofeckingspamhotmail.com>)

Fabulous response, thank you! Natalie "Mirondyw" <mirondyw@cs.com> wrote in message news:20000414222524.25122.00001337@ng-cb1.news.cs.com... > >I'm beginning to see the same sort of show-bashing in LFN fandom that I saw > >among X-Philes. > > Well, I can't speak much about the previous seasons, because I became a fan of > LFN half-way through the third season, but your comments reminded me of another > newsgroup: Buffy, the Vampire Slayer. There has been a lot of Buffy-bashing > this season too.The show is only in the 3rd or 4th season, but a lot of changes > happened. Buffy's love interest left for his own show, she went to college, she > was pretty depressed for the first few episodes. Someone on that group > commented that the reason a lot of people were complaining was not that the eps > were bad, they were just different from what they were used to, and the people > weren't giving it a chance. I don't agree with that in the case of Buffy, but > it seems from a lot of posts that the themes (i.e. telekinesis) are really > different from the mission-based episodes in the past. Maybe the eps aren't > really that bad, they're just not what attracted most people to the show in the > first place. Don't get me wrong: I'm not criticizing the people who are bashing > (like the person on the Buffy newsgroup was); I wonder sometimes when writers > try something radically different. Different isn't always better. Usually, it's > a sign that they're running out of ideas. > > mirondy >

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (silvrsharp@aol.comnospam)

I'm not snipping because there were so many ideas on this thread, I had to take notes before I began typing! First off, I believe that this newsgroup is a kind and gentle place, roasting trolls with pleasure. I will NEVER go back to the Buffy board after being horribly and IMO, unfairly flamed by a shm**k. My feelings about the weirdness abounding on the recent episodes of LFN is that it triggered a memory of an interview I read of the 60s show "The Avengers." I don't remember the speaker, but they stated that the final season was outrageous on purpose, since they knew they weren't coming back. That doesn't mean I think LFN is finished, just that watching those old episodes need to have that qualification in mind. (In other words, don't copy them. <g>) I agree with the prior postings that a lot of unhappiness is the fact that to survive, the show had to change, a lot of us just don't like the changes! Over and over, the major theme of the complaints (for which I am in agreement) was and is, fight the bad guys already! That's why Section One was created in the first place! The in-fighting will just get them all canceled, both in the fiction universe and on the screen. That is supposed to be a fundamental rule of the show, IMO. sharp (who still loves the show but is getting cranky) (to e-mail, remove "no spam" from the address.)

2000-04-15 00:00:00 - LFN burnouts... - (Wickeddoll <wickeddoll@nofeckingspamhotmail.com>)

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (Angeline Koh <akoh@bigpond.com>)

sigh.........looks like cricket's more popular Mark Ottow <mottowI-HATE-SPAM@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message news:38f8552b.37328215@news.alphalink.com.au... > On Sat, 15 Apr 2000 20:53:17 +1000, "Angeline Koh" <akoh@bigpond.com> > wrote: > > >they're actually at the 5th or 6th ep of season 3 > >they keep cutting it off to show cricket *annoyed frown* > >i'm in melbourne, so i assume it's the same all round australia =)) > > Yah... I'm in Melbourne too... > And I'm so totally sick of the networks putting cricket, football, and > tennis on over good shows... :-( > > But what can ya do??? > > They're busy corrupting peoples minds... That takes precedence over > anything even remotely intelligent. ;-)

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (milepa@aol.com)

>My feelings about the weirdness abounding on the recent episodes of LFN is >that >it triggered a memory of an interview I read of the 60s show "The Avengers." >I >don't remember the speaker, but they stated that the final season was >outrageous on purpose, since they knew they weren't coming back. That >doesn't >mean I think LFN is finished, just that watching those old episodes need to >have that qualification in mind. (In other words, don't copy them. <g>) > > I was wondering....if anyone remembered when it was during the other 3 seasons....when we learned LFN had been renew for the upcoming year? Wasn't it around this time of year? I kinda have a bad feeling....like this may be it....I was watching USA network last nite...and the only shows they seem to really be promoting were Cover Me (??the one about the FBI family) and Pacific Blue...not one promo...all nite for LFN...with a new ep airing on Sun....I hope this isn't an indication....the network is writing them off!!!! Micki

2000-04-16 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (monica <popcorn9NOpoSPAM@visto.com.invalid>)

you know as i read what you guys think, i think that it is a tv show that has captured our minda and hearts. i like series like this. stephen king with the green mile, the spanish soaps, our miniseries etc.. if people can not be open minded and open hearted and realise that if this were real life, it may continue this way, who is to say? just remember this the people who seem to be unhappy with the show are still intrigued enough to watch it and then to bash it. they have the right. just as we have the right to make sure that we remember that this is fantasy, not reality. enjoy it while you can still see it, if and when it gets cancelled these same people will be sitting there complaining about even when they weren't up to our so called atandards they will be wishing for tha outlet that they can not see but in reruns. stay positive and just try to remember what you all know of these interesting characters and take it with a grain of salt. what are remote controls for? if you do not like or appreciate what you are watching, i am sure there are some wwf out there. now, that is real and deep. monica In article <20000415225058.20798.00001907@ng-fm1.aol.com>, milepa@aol.com (MiLePa) wrote: >>My feelings about the weirdness abounding on the recent episodes of LFN is >>that >>it triggered a memory of an interview I read of the 60s show "The Avengers." >>I >>don't remember the speaker, but they stated that the final season was >>outrageous on purpose, since they knew they weren't coming back. That >>doesn't >>mean I think LFN is finished, just that watching those old episodes need to >>have that qualification in mind. (In other words, don't copy them. <g>) >> > >> > I was wondering....if anyone remembered when it was during the other 3 >seasons....when we learned LFN had been renew for the upcoming year? > Wasn't it around this time of year? I kinda have a bad feeling....like >this may be it....I was watching USA network last nite...and the only shows >they seem to really be promoting were Cover Me (??the one about the FBI family) >and Pacific Blue...not one promo...all nite for LFN...with a new ep airing on >Sun....I hope this isn't an indication....the network is writing them off!!!! > > >Micki > > > * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (Stocktip <stocktipnospam@yahoo.com>)

Wick, I'm revisiting this thread again. I don't see show-bashing going for the most part. What I do see is more criticism of the show this year. Why? Maybe the answer lies with the writing team. We have new management onboard. These aren't the same people that developed and nurtured LFN for three seasons. As with any new management, their vision maybe different from the previous team or what the workforce (in this case viewers) want. Food for thought. Sea

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (Wickeddoll <wickeddoll@nofeckingspamhotmail.com>)

Then let me be the first to offer them my thick glasses to help their vision! LOL Natalie "Stocktip" <stocktipnospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:8df1kp$189$1@bob.news.rcn.net... > Wick, > > I'm revisiting this thread again. I don't see show-bashing going for the > most part. What I do see is more criticism of the show this year. Why? > Maybe the answer lies with the writing team. We have new management > onboard. These aren't the same people that developed and nurtured LFN for > three seasons. As with any new management, their vision maybe different > from the previous team or what the workforce (in this case viewers) want. > Food for thought. > > Sea > > > >

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (Arch <arch99@my-deja.com>)

Have you ever heard of "Critics"?, well rather or not you want to admit it you are a critic. Most people think that critics are people that puts things down and that is not true. Siskel and Elbert are critics. I think of them have passed away. Their jobs were to talk about movies that have came out and to give their opinions about them. Siskel and Elbert have not always agreed that a certain movie was good. One would probably give it a thumb up and the other would give it a thumb down. The people behind La Femme Nikita doesn't expect to always have good things said about their show, they know that some people will disagree with things going on. IT'S LIFE! A lot of you think that if a person disagree with what is going on with LFN that they can always turn the channel. If the person wants to change the channel they can, but if they choose not to that is still them. People that post such things are being bias. In other words you are saying "Think like I do, never say anything bad about LFN...Your opinions isn't worth anything, if you don't have anything nice to say." I will not speak for anyone else, but myself; I am one that says things about LFN that most of you will call "Negative". I have asked fans on Larry's board as well as Baoqin's board to define the word negative in their own words and to give me an example of a negative sentence. Lets take this sentence for example: "He Came From Four wasn't a good episode, the writers have done better in the past." Some of the fans would say that is a negative sentence, which in reality is an opinion. People need to realize that everyone will not think the same; that they will voice different opinions. Just because you may like a certain episode or never found any episodes of LFN to be rather boring, it doesn't mean that the next person will agree. Never forget what makes a number one show, "Number One.", it is the good and bad things that were said about the show that made it what it is today. Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.

2000-04-17 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (rubyeuropa@aol.com)

2000-04-23 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (allthingsx@aol.com)

2000-04-23 00:00:00 - Re: LFN burnouts... - (Jules <julian-ross@sff.net>)