FLM films - My Webpage

1998-11-15 00:00:00 - First Mission /question - (allenslh@aol.com)

In case you did not yet see First Mission; you may not want to read below. I really do not understand a scene in First Mission. Nikita smiles,bends over and breaks the finger of a guy in the white room. Operations and Michael are watching this transpire. Operations remarks to Michael that there is one thing Nikita has not overcome.Michael finishes the sentance with the word compassion. If we only had the scene of Nikita in the white room,I might feel she was momentarily overcome by the power of being in charge,or she wanted to convince Michael and Operations she was able to do her job. She was willing to break another's bones to prove it.I do not understand the scene between Michael and Operations. How could they say,at that time,she was compassionanite and sensitive?Mary Ann/Midwest

1998-11-15 00:00:00 - Re: First Mission /question - (Cheryl Olds <CLO348@worldnet.att.net>)

The remarks Ops made were in regard to the way in which she handled the Viscano (sp) incidents and would not endorse her being put into abeyance...Nikita instead chose to assume the blame for the previous missions foul-ups. Thus showing her compassion flaw. Cheryl <<>> Allenslh wrote in message <19981115135137.15899.00002168@ng135.aol.com>... > In case you did not yet see First Mission; you may not want to read below. > > > > > > > > > > > > > I really do not >understand a scene in First Mission. Nikita smiles,bends over and >breaks the finger of a guy in the white room. Operations and Michael are >watching this transpire. Operations remarks to Michael that there is one thing >Nikita has not overcome.Michael finishes the sentance with the word compassion. >If we only had the scene of Nikita in the white room,I might feel she was >momentarily overcome by the power of being in charge,or she wanted to convince >Michael and Operations she was able to do her job. She was willing to break >another's bones to prove it.I do not understand the scene between Michael and >Operations. How could they say,at that time,she was compassionanite and >sensitive?Mary Ann/Midwest >

1998-11-15 00:00:00 - Re: First Mission /question - (clbcrb@aol.com)

1998-11-15 00:00:00 - Re: First Mission /question - ("Colin L. Whipple" <colincpaNOSPAM@pacbell.net>)

Allenslh wrote in message <19981115135137.15899.00002168@ng135.aol.com>... > In case you did not yet see First Mission; you may not want to read below. > > I really do not >understand a scene in First Mission. Nikita smiles,bends over and >breaks the finger of a guy in the white room. Operations and Michael are >watching this transpire. Operations remarks to Michael that there is one thing >Nikita has not overcome.Michael finishes the sentance with the word compassion. >If we only had the scene of Nikita in the white room,I might feel she was >momentarily overcome by the power of being in charge,or she wanted to convince >Michael and Operations she was able to do her job. She was willing to break >another's bones to prove it.I do not understand the scene between Michael and >Operations. How could they say,at that time,she was compassionanite and >sensitive?Mary Ann/Midwest I think that from their viewpoint, the display of ruthless she made in that situation was not enough. They regarded that as normal behavior, and were focusing on other events. I think the viewer is meant to be impressed by that as proving their superior ruthlessness. Colin

1998-11-16 00:00:00 - Re: First Mission /question - (julie kaye <jrohrer@bellsouth.net>)

1998-11-16 00:00:00 - Re: First Mission /question - (allenslh@aol.com)