FLM films - My Webpage

2001-02-10 08:56:43-08:00 - OT: California Energy Crisis - ("Colin L. Whipple" <colinwNSPM@power.net>)

The have been a lot of "creative" ideas for dealing with our current energy crisis. According to an article on the subject in today's Los Angeles Times: http://www.latimes.com/news/front/20010210/t000012287.html ".........the woman who offered to cut back on her estrogen pills so she can have more hot flashes and reduce her heating bill. " Colin

2001-02-10 11:58:56-08:00 - Re: OT: California Energy Crisis - ("Colin L. Whipple" <colinwNSPM@power.net>)

"Muffy" <muffy95@home.com> wrote in message news:3A8576AB.8E537458@home.com... > how funny! lol > > bracing myself for when it comes our way Colin. > muffy I assume you have seen the price increases down where you are? We have had higher prices for natural gas, but not electricity yet here in Orange County. I am cutting down on my usage, though. Colin

2001-02-10 17:15:52+00:00 - Re: OT: California Energy Crisis - (Muffy <muffy95@home.com>)

how funny! lol bracing myself for when it comes our way Colin. muffy "Colin L. Whipple" wrote: > > The have been a lot of "creative" ideas for dealing with our current energy > crisis. > > According to an article on the subject in today's Los Angeles Times: > > http://www.latimes.com/news/front/20010210/t000012287.html > > ".........the woman who offered to cut back on her estrogen pills so she can > have more hot flashes and reduce her heating bill. " > > Colin

2001-02-10 18:06:43-08:00 - Re: OT: California Energy Crisis - ("Colin L. Whipple" <colinwNSPM@power.net>)

This whole thing is going to get worse before it gets better. Colin "Muffy" <muffy95@home.com> wrote in message news:3A85EFC9.D4078744@home.com... > Get this. We get a monthly bill, but it's not the true bill. Until SDGE > agrees on a rate, we may have a balloon payment of a couple of hundred > dollars due at some arbitrary date. > > > Muffy > > "Colin L. Whipple" wrote: > > > > "Muffy" <muffy95@home.com> wrote in message > > news:3A8576AB.8E537458@home.com... > > > how funny! lol > > > > > > bracing myself for when it comes our way Colin. > > > muffy > > > > I assume you have seen the price increases down where you are? > > > > We have had higher prices for natural gas, but not electricity yet here in > > Orange County. I am cutting down on my usage, though. > > > > Colin

2001-02-11 01:52:39+00:00 - Re: OT: California Energy Crisis - (Muffy <muffy95@home.com>)

2001-02-11 03:32:22+00:00 - Re: OT: California Energy Crisis - (lsking@pressenter.com)

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001 18:06:43 -0800, "Colin L. Whipple" <colinwNSPM@power.net> wrote: >This whole thing is going to get worse before it gets better. >"Muffy" <muffy95@home.com> wrote in message >news:3A85EFC9.D4078744@home.com... >> Get this. We get a monthly bill, but it's not the true bill. Until SDGE >> agrees on a rate, we may have a balloon payment of a couple of hundred >> dollars due at some arbitrary date. >> > >> > I assume you have seen the price increases down where you are? >> > >> > We have had higher prices for natural gas, but not electricity yet here >in Orange County. I live in the cold and icy midwest; my house is heated with propane. I could not believe how much it cost me to fill the tank in December! I believe this "fuel shortage" has been manufactured in order to raise prices (and profit) to suppliers. Shortage, my ass. Everyone who wanted/needed heating fuel was able to purchase it--at a very high price. How many here are old enough to remember the last so-called energy crisis??

2001-02-12 02:45:20+00:00 - Re: OT: California Energy Crisis - (Muffy <muffy95@home.com>)

I'm gonna quit my kivitiching now. I forgot how much you all pay back that way. After living in Chicago in my teens, I remember how those bills are. Muffy Linda wrote: > > On Sat, 10 Feb 2001 18:06:43 -0800, "Colin L. Whipple" > <colinwNSPM@power.net> wrote: > > >This whole thing is going to get worse before it gets better. > > >"Muffy" <muffy95@home.com> wrote in message > >news:3A85EFC9.D4078744@home.com... > >> Get this. We get a monthly bill, but it's not the true bill. Until SDGE > >> agrees on a rate, we may have a balloon payment of a couple of hundred > >> dollars due at some arbitrary date. > >> > > >> > I assume you have seen the price increases down where you are? > >> > > >> > We have had higher prices for natural gas, but not electricity yet here > >in Orange County. > > I live in the cold and icy midwest; my house is heated with propane. > I could not believe how much it cost me to fill the tank in December! > > I believe this "fuel shortage" has been manufactured in order to raise > prices (and profit) to suppliers. Shortage, my ass. Everyone who > wanted/needed heating fuel was able to purchase it--at a very high > price. How many here are old enough to remember the last so-called > energy crisis??

2001-02-12 23:51:27-06:00 - Re: OT: California Energy Crisis - (Shillelagh <shelagh@cat.howl>)

2001-02-13 09:31:13-08:00 - Re: OT: California Energy Crisis - (Delirium <delirium_@fulldashmoon.com>)

"Shillelagh" <shelagh@cat.howl> : > They should put the electricity rates up in California somewhere - a couple > of California utilities owe Canadian power providers a pile of money, yet > our stupid companies just keep sending it on down. We may never get paid. > Oh well, that's "free" trade for you. > Shelagh Or maybe they could quit spending a quarter million building Rose Parade floats and giving them away and another $200,000 per high level executive on "bonuses" and quit screwing the customers. Del