FLM films - My Webpage

1998-09-02 00:00:00 - Re: Illusion is the Name of the Game: Spoiler for End Game - (nikitapoo@aol.com)

This is an absolutely wonderful post! You have put into words things that I could only feel. Thank you so very much. >Just a few initial observations: > >End Game, was a virtual reality game of the highest caliber. >Twists and turns made the journey dangerous for all the >players. A great romp encompassing human sacrifice >and suffering, emotional upheaval, diplomacy, cunning, >cover-ups, and world domination. Who could ask for >anything more? > >IMHO, End Game was all about control, the illusion of >control, and the loss of control. > >Adrian, seeks to control Nikita for what she sees as the >greater good. Further, she opts to control Nikita, so that >she can regain control of the Section. >Nikita gives Adrian the illusion that she is controlling her, >first by showing Adrian that she will do her bidding, in order > to protect Michael, and second, by >appearing to be disillusioned with the methods used by >Operations. What has really happened, is that from >the moment Adrian thought that she had bonded with Nikita, >she had in actuality lost control of the game. > >Now, Operations controls Nikita for the good of the Section, >Which translates, for the good of Operations, and what he >considers to be for the greater good. (Now, I wonder when he >recruited Nikita as a pawn? and what if anything was her >incentive to play? Did he use Michael as a pawn as well?) > >Michael, the knight, the prodigal son, the heir apparent, >who lives, so that the Section can survive; the man who >lives his life split in two, loses his control in Nikita's >apartment and it is a sight to behold. Not only does >Michael expose the fact that he believes that the Section >doesn't control him, but he also expresses his love for >Nikita, with violence. How ironic, that the man who >beseeched Nikita to be patient, has lost his patience. >When Michael pushes Nikita against the wall >and implores her to tell him about Adrian, he does so >out of love. His words are direct; he wants Nikita to know >what the consequences of her actions will be, that all the >Section One operatives will die, and that even Adrian >will not be able to protect her. > >Michael is distraught, and the depth of his sorrow and >pain is almost unspeakable. His caresses and attention to >Nikita during this scene, were not to pump her for intel >about Adrian, they were personal. He knows the >depth of her soul, of her compassion, and he doesn't >understand why Nikita has chosen to betray the Section. >He doesn't understand why Nikita has chosen to betray >their love. > >Michael practically begs her not to continue, it's >her last chance, it's their last chance, but Nikita is >steadfast. Though, she seems to be emotionally >devastated by Michael's words, she remains in control. >For this mission, for this game, Nikita is now the one >split in two, keeping her emotions separate from her >professional life. > >Slowly, Michael regains his control, he must now betray >his beacon, the light in his soul, the woman he cannot live >without. Michael has no choice. Although he loves Nikita, >he cannot allow her actions to jeopardize the >lives of every Section One operative. He leaves her >apartment a broken man. > >Poor Michael, his loyalty to Operations, to the Section >is also being tested. He is but a pawn, his sense that >the Section does not control him is mere illusion. He was >right in Choice, when he told Nikita that there was no free >will in the Section. All the operatives in Section are pawns, >who must move where the players of the game will them to. >They are but soldiers in a virtual reality game, a game for >power and control based upon computer simulations. It >is the ultimate game of world politics. > >When Adrian and Nikita are captured by the Section, >Michael tries to reassert his control, to exercise his free >will, he tells Nikita to go, to run from the Section. Even >At this point, Nikita remains in control of her emotions. >She does not explain her actions to Michael, she asserts >control of the situation; she will not run. Michael's >face, his eyes, reflect the his love for Nikita, and the fate >he believes Nikita will face upon her return to the Section. > > At Section, the players of this game meet, and the game >continues. What a scene, two scions of the covert, two >masters of control and manipulation head to head, each >politely and diplomatically admiring the handiwork of the >other. A clash of titans. > >During this scene, Michael loses his control several times. >His normal blank stare turns into one of stunned disbelief, >when he learns that Nikita was working on behalf of the >Section, and then again when she challenges Ops. > >The confrontation between Madeline and Adrian is >magnificent. Adrian tries to disarm and eviscerate >Madeline with her words. Yet, Madeline is unshakable, >you can see her repressing her rage, but she remains in >control. I could just envision the smoke billowing out of >Madeline's ears. <g> > >For a moment, Operations appears to lose control when >Nikita places the Section on trial. He has to defend his >actions, the actions that the Section has taken to promote >the greater good. Yet, his loss of control is but mere illusion. >His defense is ready and waiting, he has anticipated >that Nikita might challenge his motives, and his modus >operandi. All he does is flick a switch, and the evidence >appears. As Adrian states, how convenient! Further, >Operations has his most trusted at his side, ready, willing, >and able to testify on Section's behalf. The heir apparent >and the Queen, vouching for their own personal virtual reality. > >Operation's arguments were grounded in logic and fact. >Nikita, as the trier of the fact, cannot overlook the seeds of >reasonable doubt planted by his scenarios. She has no >other option then to acquit the Section of it's crimes against >humanity. And so, the game continues, as Nikita relinquishes >her illusory control over Gemstone. > >The last scene between Nikita and Michael is rife >with the loss of control. Michael's love for Nikita is >too strong, she is his weakness, and her actions cause >him to lose his control. He is in the middle of the Section, >yet he speaks openly to her, urging her to escape, >practically begging her to do so with his eyes. But, Nikita >remains in control, she will not sway from her path, she >will not run, she will be accountable for her actions, for >doing what she believed was right, even though it may >mean her cancellation. She must, in the end, remain true >to herself. > >Again, Michael cannot control himself, and he kisses her >in the middle of the Section, without regard for the >ever watchful eyes, that are surely there. They express >their affection for each other, without words, the hug >says it all. As Michael walks away from Nikita, her haunting >words that she is not afraid, indicate, that no matter what >fate may deal her, she will remain in control. Her mentor, >her trainer, her lover, has indeed taught her well. > >The tag scene is again an exercise in control. Operations >insistence that Madeline handle Adrian underlines the >fact, that he is in control, and that he has the final word >in the Section. His agreement to not cancel Nikita, is >merely good judgment, and in no way cedes any control >to Madeline. > >In closing, just want to say bravo to everyone involved >In making End Game. It was a superb example of great >entertainment. I can't wait for Season Three! > >Have a great day! > >Take care. >Justice > > > Nik "Our actions are the path we leave behind us."

1998-09-02 00:00:00 - Re: Illusion is the Name of the Game: Spoiler for End Game - (granvia@aol.com)

Excellent, eloquent, and lovely post, Justice. G

1998-09-02 00:00:00 - Illusion is the Name of the Game: Spoiler for End Game - (inarguendo@aol.com)

Hi: Just a few initial observations: End Game, was a virtual reality game of the highest caliber. Twists and turns made the journey dangerous for all the players. A great romp encompassing human sacrifice and suffering, emotional upheaval, diplomacy, cunning, cover-ups, and world domination. Who could ask for anything more? IMHO, End Game was all about control, the illusion of control, and the loss of control. Adrian, seeks to control Nikita for what she sees as the greater good. Further, she opts to control Nikita, so that she can regain control of the Section. Nikita gives Adrian the illusion that she is controlling her, first by showing Adrian that she will do her bidding, in order to protect Michael, and second, by appearing to be disillusioned with the methods used by Operations. What has really happened, is that from the moment Adrian thought that she had bonded with Nikita, she had in actuality lost control of the game. Now, Operations controls Nikita for the good of the Section, Which translates, for the good of Operations, and what he considers to be for the greater good. (Now, I wonder when he recruited Nikita as a pawn? and what if anything was her incentive to play? Did he use Michael as a pawn as well?) Michael, the knight, the prodigal son, the heir apparent, who lives, so that the Section can survive; the man who lives his life split in two, loses his control in Nikita's apartment and it is a sight to behold. Not only does Michael expose the fact that he believes that the Section doesn't control him, but he also expresses his love for Nikita, with violence. How ironic, that the man who beseeched Nikita to be patient, has lost his patience. When Michael pushes Nikita against the wall and implores her to tell him about Adrian, he does so out of love. His words are direct; he wants Nikita to know what the consequences of her actions will be, that all the Section One operatives will die, and that even Adrian will not be able to protect her. Michael is distraught, and the depth of his sorrow and pain is almost unspeakable. His caresses and attention to Nikita during this scene, were not to pump her for intel about Adrian, they were personal. He knows the depth of her soul, of her compassion, and he doesn't understand why Nikita has chosen to betray the Section. He doesn't understand why Nikita has chosen to betray their love. Michael practically begs her not to continue, it's her last chance, it's their last chance, but Nikita is steadfast. Though, she seems to be emotionally devastated by Michael's words, she remains in control. For this mission, for this game, Nikita is now the one split in two, keeping her emotions separate from her professional life. Slowly, Michael regains his control, he must now betray his beacon, the light in his soul, the woman he cannot live without. Michael has no choice. Although he loves Nikita, he cannot allow her actions to jeopardize the lives of every Section One operative. He leaves her apartment a broken man. Poor Michael, his loyalty to Operations, to the Section is also being tested. He is but a pawn, his sense that the Section does not control him is mere illusion. He was right in Choice, when he told Nikita that there was no free will in the Section. All the operatives in Section are pawns, who must move where the players of the game will them to. They are but soldiers in a virtual reality game, a game for power and control based upon computer simulations. It is the ultimate game of world politics. When Adrian and Nikita are captured by the Section, Michael tries to reassert his control, to exercise his free will, he tells Nikita to go, to run from the Section. Even At this point, Nikita remains in control of her emotions. She does not explain her actions to Michael, she asserts control of the situation; she will not run. Michael's face, his eyes, reflect the his love for Nikita, and the fate he believes Nikita will face upon her return to the Section. At Section, the players of this game meet, and the game continues. What a scene, two scions of the covert, two masters of control and manipulation head to head, each politely and diplomatically admiring the handiwork of the other. A clash of titans. During this scene, Michael loses his control several times. His normal blank stare turns into one of stunned disbelief, when he learns that Nikita was working on behalf of the Section, and then again when she challenges Ops. The confrontation between Madeline and Adrian is magnificent. Adrian tries to disarm and eviscerate Madeline with her words. Yet, Madeline is unshakable, you can see her repressing her rage, but she remains in control. I could just envision the smoke billowing out of Madeline's ears. <g> For a moment, Operations appears to lose control when Nikita places the Section on trial. He has to defend his actions, the actions that the Section has taken to promote the greater good. Yet, his loss of control is but mere illusion. His defense is ready and waiting, he has anticipated that Nikita might challenge his motives, and his modus operandi. All he does is flick a switch, and the evidence appears. As Adrian states, how convenient! Further, Operations has his most trusted at his side, ready, willing, and able to testify on Section's behalf. The heir apparent and the Queen, vouching for their own personal virtual reality. Operation's arguments were grounded in logic and fact. Nikita, as the trier of the fact, cannot overlook the seeds of reasonable doubt planted by his scenarios. She has no other option then to acquit the Section of it's crimes against humanity. And so, the game continues, as Nikita relinquishes her illusory control over Gemstone. The last scene between Nikita and Michael is rife with the loss of control. Michael's love for Nikita is too strong, she is his weakness, and her actions cause him to lose his control. He is in the middle of the Section, yet he speaks openly to her, urging her to escape, practically begging her to do so with his eyes. But, Nikita remains in control, she will not sway from her path, she will not run, she will be accountable for her actions, for doing what she believed was right, even though it may mean her cancellation. She must, in the end, remain true to herself. Again, Michael cannot control himself, and he kisses her in the middle of the Section, without regard for the ever watchful eyes, that are surely there. They express their affection for each other, without words, the hug says it all. As Michael walks away from Nikita, her haunting words that she is not afraid, indicate, that no matter what fate may deal her, she will remain in control. Her mentor, her trainer, her lover, has indeed taught her well. The tag scene is again an exercise in control. Operations insistence that Madeline handle Adrian underlines the fact, that he is in control, and that he has the final word in the Section. His agreement to not cancel Nikita, is merely good judgment, and in no way cedes any control to Madeline. In closing, just want to say bravo to everyone involved In making End Game. It was a superb example of great entertainment. I can't wait for Season Three! Have a great day! Take care. Justice

1998-09-03 00:00:00 - Re: Illusion is the Name of the Game: Spoiler for End Game - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

INARGUENDO wrote in message <1998090219192700.PAA15897@ladder03.news.aol.com>... >Hi: > >Just a few initial observations: > >End Game, was a virtual reality game of the highest caliber. >Twists and turns made the journey dangerous for all the >players. A great romp encompassing human sacrifice >and suffering, emotional upheaval, diplomacy, cunning, >cover-ups, and world domination. Who could ask for >anything more? > >IMHO, End Game was all about control, the illusion of >control, and the loss of control. snip to end of a wonderful post.... Justice, excellent explanation of the twists and turns the game has taken them. Very well stated. And I agree. Reminds me of the discussion Nikita had with Jurgen in Spec Ops regarding the game 'Go.' Suzita

1998-09-03 00:00:00 - Re: Illusion is the Name of the Game: Spoiler for End Game - (clbcrb@aol.com)

> It was a superb example of great >entertainment. I can't wait for Season Three! > >Have a great day! > >Take care. >Justice Justice, thank you for posting your thoughts at the ng. As always, they were elequently stated. Domino

1998-09-03 00:00:00 - Re: Illusion is the Name of the Game: Spoiler for End Game - (thefoxx210@aol.com)

Often times, it's been said that, "the book is better than the movie". Justice, I think I just got more out of what you wrote than when I watched the show and I consider myself a big LFN fan. Thanks!