FLM films - My Webpage

2000-08-27 00:00:00 - I'm disappointed! (spoiler) - (Chris Corrice <cwcorrice@yahoo.com>)

spoiler space I'm so disappointed in the last five minutes of the last show! If she never loved him, why did she do all that? Just to get Michael cancelled? Doesn't make sense! I wonder what the originial ending was. I wonder if it had Nikita and Michael going happily into the sunset. I guess my feeling was: why pretend to be in love with Michael? It didn't get her anywhere. What a waste! Flame on!

2000-08-27 00:00:00 - Re: I'm disappointed! (spoiler) - (Seabush <seabushnospam@yahoo.com>)

I agree 100% with your post. Sea

2000-08-27 00:00:00 - Final Ep.....Did anyone catch.....(spoiler) - (Melissa Timko <melissa_timko@hotmail.com>)

Did anyone catch the similarity between Jason and his "x"-girlfriend, compared to Op's and Maddy? For instance the great confrontation, in Op's office, when Naomi(?) walked in, was she not dressed just a bit like Maddy? The little suite dress and the hair pulled back. And the Jason going cold with her and telling her to get back to her position. Is it just me? Or did anyone else catch it? It just reminded me of Operations and Maddy. It's like La Femme Nikita....The next generation....... Mel T> la_hippi_femme@hotmail.com

2000-08-27 00:00:00 - Re: Final Ep.....Did anyone catch.....(spoiler) - (Julian <ravel1@zdnetmail.com>)

Melissa Timko wrote in message ... >Did anyone catch the similarity between Jason and his "x"-girlfriend, >compared to Op's and Maddy? > I noticed it, and I don't think it was a coincidence. Given the condition of the show, maybe more "writers having fun with the notion" more so than an actual future.

2000-08-27 00:00:00 - Re: I'm disappointed! (spoiler) - (Chris Corrice <cwcorrice@yahoo.com>)

I would agree with you except for the real truth: nikita doesn't really like section one. Does she really like working for Mr Jones, or was it just a means to an end? I think she would leave her position for Michael. She seemed not to really be herself, I wonder why! Or does she really love Michael because she loves the ideas he represents, like freedom and rebellion within the system? Or is it the real nikita? Maybe a clone? How about brainwashed by Adrian's process? Why didn't she do something when Michael gave her back the scrambler? > From: "Michael P. Higgins" <wildstar6@hotmail.com> > Newsgroups: alt.tv.lafemme-nikita > Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:40:26 GMT > Subject: Re: I'm disappointed! (spoiler) > > Nikita is not going to leave her position for Michael, even though she most > likely does love him. Her statement was an out-and-out lie but if she didn't > drive him away he wouldn't go. > > She did it to save his life. At this point everyone in Section thinks he is > dead, just as they thought Nikita is dead when she disappeared at the end of > season one (or two?). Since he went into that plant to go out in a blaze of > glory, it is logical to assume he is now history. If he kept mooning after > Nikita, it would soon become obvious that he was still around. The decision to > cancel him would still be in effect. >

2000-08-27 00:00:00 - Re: I'm disappointed! (spoiler) - (Des <des826@internetconnect.net>)

"Michael P. Higgins" <wildstar6@hotmail.com> wrote in message > Nikita is not going to leave her position for Michael, even though she most > likely does love him. Her statement was an out-and-out lie but if she didn't > drive him away he wouldn't go. > Yes, this is true. I didn't believe her when she told him she didn't love him but what bugged me is that *he* did. Or appeared to. > She did it to save his life. Yes. > At this point everyone in Section thinks he is > dead, just as they thought Nikita is dead when she disappeared at the end of > season one (or two?). Yes, one. > Since he went into that plant to go out in a blaze of > glory, it is logical to assume he is now history. Yep. It also appeared to me that he didn't seem to care about anything anymore. He was more than willing to die. > If he kept mooning after > Nikita, it would soon become obvious that he was still around. The decision to > cancel him would still be in effect. > If Nikita went missing immediately after he "died" it wouldn't take a rocket > scientist to figure out something was up. Yes, all very logical conclusions. I am still wondering though, what was the purpose of Nikita leaving with Michael in the first place when she had no intention of staying on the lam with him? Was it to make sure she got the reaction she wanted from him? After Walter gave that orange bag to Michael, I remember thinking that Nikita seemed to know exactly what buttons to push to get a reaction she wanted from every person involved. She knew what to say to make Madeline take her own life, to make Walter continue to break the rules even though he knew he was being sent to "the farm" for just that behavior, to make sure Michael felt betrayed enough to sever his emotional ties with her and Section. Who was responsible for allowing Section to find them? Was it Nikita or Micheal and why? How did Mick know the perfect time to shut Section down when Nikita was obviously incapable of transmitting any intel to him? That made it look like he had someone on the inside besides Nikita. > The Michael character, of course, is now faced with the loss of everything in > his life that had any meaning for him (was anyone else surprised when he > screamed out when Operations gave him that sedative?) I wasn't surprised that Operations disregarded Madeline's advice and actively chose Michael, he always does (unless Micheal is a direct threat to him), but when Micheal screamed out, it was the final confirmation(for me, at least) as to how much he really cared about Nikita. > including Nikita, his > position with Section, his original life that he gave up when he was recruited > and even his son, Adam. > Talk about tragic. Yep, I am still teary-eyed. But unless Michael was somehow *in* on this with Nikita (they've done this type of thing before, with the audience being the last to know all the details of the situation), I feel Nikita effectively killed any chance she could have at happiness with him by taking this route. She was the woman that taught Michael to love again, despite the odds against them, and then betrayed that love. How can he ever truly trust her again? As a viewer, I'll never look at her the same way again. What payoff could be worth that? She essentially became the very thing she hates so vehemently, and at the cost of the love and trust of the only man she likely will ever truly love. I can't decide whether the fate of Michael or Nikita is the most tragic, but unless this is part of some plan we're not being let in on, this just leaves me very disappointed at the throwing away of one of the most unique and wonderfully handled relationships on TV. Des

2000-08-28 00:00:00 - Re: I'm disappointed! (spoiler) - (Des <des826@internetconnect.net>)

"acarter" <acarter@monmouth.com> wrote in message > > Who was responsible for allowing Section to find them? Was it Nikita or > > Micheal and why? > > My $0.02 worth says it was Nikita. > > Yes, Michael seems the *true* one here, but I still wonder why? > > How did Mick know the perfect time to shut Section down when Nikita was > > obviously incapable of transmitting any intel to him? That made it look like > > he had someone on the inside besides Nikita. > > Yup. Mick (Mr. Jones) probably has several deep cover agents strategically > placed across all of the sections. > Hmm, I didn't think of it that way. That's prolly right. > > She essentially became the very thing she hates so vehemently, and at the > > cost of the love and trust of the only man she likely will ever truly love. > > I can't decide whether the fate of Michael or Nikita is the most tragic, but > > unless this is part of some plan we're not being let in on, this just leaves > > me very disappointed at the throwing away of one of the most unique and > > wonderfully handled relationships on TV. > > I know the feeling. I SO hope they can fix this. Realistically. > But you have to admit, that Peta looked good for being so > cold. Just one look in those blue eyes told you that if you came out of that > room alive, then you pretty darn lucky!! > LOL!! Ok yes, that was some of the best acting I've seen from her. She was as cold and as calculating as Maddy ever was. I remember Madeline telling her a few seasons ago that she didn't have what it took to do her job, but wasn't she surprised! Des

"BG. Goodrich" <goodrich@flash.net> wrote in message > > > acarter wrote: > > > > Poetic Justice for Ops (or should I say "Paul") when he's told that he can't climb > > the corporate ladder until he learns ... > > compassion!!! > > My problem with that was --- where was Nikita's compassion for Michael? > Lynn G. I think she still has it, just like I think she still loves him. She told him that he is the person that should look after his son-maybe she did what she needed to do to insure that happened, I don't know. One thing I am sure of, she *does* love Michael. She might have told Walter that HE was her center and that he kept her grounded(and I believe that), but it was MICHAEL that kept her alive, as she kept him alive. I believe that if it weren't for the other, Nikita would have died a long time ago, and Michael would have allowed himself to die after he had to let go of Adam. They held on to life, their humanity, and their sanity, by holding on to each other. Even Maddy and Ops used that bond between them when it will work to their advantage. They know, but always seem to underestimate, the power of the bond between them. After Michael lost Adam and was displaying self-destructive behavior, Maddy allowed Nikita to be captured on a mission, then Operations told Michael on the spot to just let her die, and it was then that Michael came back to life, going rogue to save her. I don't know why she did what she did. But I can only hope that the writers are busy brainstorming a wonderfully amazing explanation. Des

"acarter" <acarter@monmouth.com> wrote in message > The disappointment I felt was that Nikita had become what she had feared and > loathed from Season One. In the original French movie and the American remake > with Bridget Fonda, Nikita escaped and was able to "live happily ever after" outside > of the spy world. In the TV series, she escapes only to come back deeper involved. > Yes, but this was the greatness of the series, don't you see? She can't escape and maybe, now that she knows the terrible danger out there, deep down inside she doesn't really want to. But the battle and the struggle is to keep her humanity, while others constantly try to rob her of it. Section's way of thinking is to defeat the bad guys, you have to become them. To be consciousless. Without a soul. But Nikita is the person that proves every week that way of thinking is flawed, and is not the only way to accomplish things. And we root for every small victory, for every time she allows her integrity and compassion to win out over ruthlessness. > Was anyone disappointed in Maddie's decision? I hadn't figured her to "go out like > a punk". Sad ... > LOL!! That's funny. That was the same phrase I used when I saw that scene, but I still feel she was manipulated in some way. I don't know, it just seemed too....pat. What annoyed me more than anything was that kiss Ops gave her. Where was he a few eps before when she needed his help to get out of Red Cell? I don't like Madeline. I believe she is morally bankrupt, but even *I* can see she deserved better than that from him. > I echo Walter when he said "I'm feeling a bit betrayed ..." > For Michael, yes. He's come such a long way, for Nikita to hurt him like that, just makes it even more of a tragedy to me. How many times over the last few eps has he confessed how much she means to him, even going so far as to say "I Love You"? I remember when I used to think he would NEVER say that or even act it. That the most he would admit is a physical desire for her. But miracle of miracles, he changed and came full circle...and then this. > Poetic Justice for Ops (or should I say "Paul") when he's told that he can't climb > the corporate ladder until he learns ... compassion!!! Yes, I smiled at that. Poetic Justice is an understatement! > I can't tell you how many managers, general managers, directors and > vice presidents I would love to force feed that line to!!! > HA!!! I will second that HA! > Overall, the twists and turns were good. > acarter@monmouth.com Yes. The scenes where Nik and Michael were trying to decide who should die and Walter's tears and desperation when he was allowed to say goodbye to Nikita, had me blubbering like a fool. And though Mick has proven himself to be the mastermind behind everything, I still couldn't give him that respect, cause all I could see was *bumbling Mick* and wound up laughing at some of his scenes. When Jason/Birkoff found out about his *girlfriend* and he just turned icicle on everyone, I got chills at how potentially dangerous he could be. A rollercoaster ride for sure. But I still could have lived without the last 5 mins though. Des

2000-08-28 00:00:00 - Re: I'm disappointed! (spoiler) - (Des <des826@internetconnect.net>)

"TASHA409" <tasha409@aol.com> wrote in message > Yes, all very logical conclusions. > I am still wondering though, what was the purpose of Nikita leaving with > Michael in the first place when she had no intention of staying on the lam > with him? > Was it to make sure she got the reaction she wanted from him? > <<<<<<<< > I figure it was because she knew that Jones was going to do the Evaluation > soon, and she wanted to have one last, very special time with Michael, as she > knew in advance she was going to help him escape. > Tasha Ahh, and this would support the idea that Nik did what she did out of love, cause if she didn't really love him, she wouldn't have wanted that time with him to begin with. Another great theory I hadn't thought of. Des

2000-08-28 00:00:00 - Re: I'm disappointed! (spoiler) - ("BG. Goodrich" <goodrich@flash.net>)

Yeh, Michael gave her back the scrambler. If he is to get away undetected, why did he do that? Won't they find him? So how is it Nikita helps him escape if he doesn't take the scrambler? Lynn G. Chris Corrice wrote: > I would agree with you except for the real truth: nikita doesn't really like > section one. Does she really like working for Mr Jones, or was it just a > means to an end? I think she would leave her position for Michael. > She seemed not to really be herself, I wonder why! > Or does she really love Michael because she loves the ideas he represents, > like freedom and rebellion within the system? > Or is it the real nikita? Maybe a clone? > How about brainwashed by Adrian's process? > Why didn't she do something when Michael gave her back the scrambler? > > > From: "Michael P. Higgins" <wildstar6@hotmail.com> > > Newsgroups: alt.tv.lafemme-nikita > > Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:40:26 GMT > > Subject: Re: I'm disappointed! (spoiler) > > > > Nikita is not going to leave her position for Michael, even though she most > > likely does love him. Her statement was an out-and-out lie but if she didn't > > drive him away he wouldn't go. > > > > She did it to save his life. At this point everyone in Section thinks he is > > dead, just as they thought Nikita is dead when she disappeared at the end of > > season one (or two?). Since he went into that plant to go out in a blaze of > > glory, it is logical to assume he is now history. If he kept mooning after > > Nikita, it would soon become obvious that he was still around. The decision to > > cancel him would still be in effect. > >

2000-08-28 00:00:00 - Re: I'm disappointed! (spoiler) - ("BG. Goodrich" <goodrich@flash.net>)

acarter wrote: > > Poetic Justice for Ops (or should I say "Paul") when he's told that he can't climb > the corporate ladder until he learns ... > compassion!!! My problem with that was --- where was Nikita's compassion for Michael? Lynn G.

2000-08-28 00:00:00 - Re: I'm disappointed! (spoiler) - (gerys@aol.com)

Rhodes is Greek not British. When they wrote these episodes, the writers thought they were the final ones. So, this how they were going to leave it. Now, (and they probably don't now how yet) they have to come up with 8 new ones they did not expect. It's hard to unravel what they did. Well, she could still end up with Michael under the idea she did it to save him and sacrifice herself. All convoluted since it's after the fact and hey it's a TV show.

2000-08-28 00:00:00 - Re: I'm disappointed! (spoiler) - (acarter <acarter@monmouth.com>)

The disappointment I felt was that Nikita had become what she had feared and loathed from Season One. In the original French movie and the American remake with Bridget Fonda, Nikita escaped and was able to "live happily ever after" outside of the spy world. In the TV series, she escapes only to come back deeper involved. Was anyone disappointed in Maddie's decision? I hadn't figured her to "go out like a punk". Sad ... I echo Walter when he said "I'm feeling a bit betrayed ..." Poetic Justice for Ops (or should I say "Paul") when he's told that he can't climb the corporate ladder until he learns ... compassion!!! I can't tell you how many managers, general managers, directors and vice presidents I would love to force feed that line to!!! HA!!! Overall, the twists and turns were good. -- acarter@monmouth.com "The more I know ... the less I understand" Heart of the Matter by Don Henley

2000-08-28 00:00:00 - Re: I'm disappointed! (spoiler) - (acarter <acarter@monmouth.com>)

> Who was responsible for allowing Section to find them? Was it Nikita or > Micheal and why? My $0.02 worth says it was Nikita. > How did Mick know the perfect time to shut Section down when Nikita was > obviously incapable of transmitting any intel to him? That made it look like > he had someone on the inside besides Nikita. Yup. Mick (Mr. Jones) probably has several deep cover agents strategically placed across all of the sections. > She essentially became the very thing she hates so vehemently, and at the > cost of the love and trust of the only man she likely will ever truly love. > I can't decide whether the fate of Michael or Nikita is the most tragic, but > unless this is part of some plan we're not being let in on, this just leaves > me very disappointed at the throwing away of one of the most unique and > wonderfully handled relationships on TV. I know the feeling. But you have to admit, that Peta looked good for being so cold. Just one look in those blue eyes told you that if you came out of that room alive, then you pretty darn lucky!! -- acarter@monmouth.com "The more I know ... the less I understand" Heart of the Matter by Don Henley

2000-08-28 00:00:00 - Re: I'm disappointed! (spoiler) - (Jeanne@linknet.idt.net)

I was really upset and angry about the ending. Nikita has spent the entire show hating section and trying to get away from it, even this season. Having her stay was so totally out of character that I'll never accept it. There is no way she didn't love Michael and she could have come up with a way for both of them to be thought dead. I was very surprised by Madeline's suicide. There was one comment Nikita made that seemed like an opening for Madeline but I can't recall it now. If you all recall, Operations was blackmailing her for sex. I can't remember the episode but I sure recall the conversation. As for how they were found in that town, remember that it was Michael who suggested the location and it was from his past. Nikita had no way of knowing in advance he'd do that. I can't remember when Jason found his way of narrowing down the location sites to 20 but it seems that if he was getting info from Nikita, he would have known exactly, not within 20 (which is a lot actually when you stop and think about it) They prolly did want us to think/know nikita sent the info but I still think the whole thing was out of character. Anyway, I was very disappointed in the final minutes. I really hate it when the ending of a show seems to give a bad taste to the whole show. Only other time I recall this happening was at end of 10th Kingdom when, after spending whole show talking about how wolves mate for life, the postlog said the two didn't stay together and the wolf/man went off and was aparently more the man-wolf. J In article <39AA25F1.9D3D322B@monmouth.com>, acarter@monmouth.com says... > >The disappointment I felt was that Nikita had become what she had feared and >loathed from Season One. In the original French movie and the American remake with >Bridget Fonda, Nikita escaped and was able to "live happily ever after" outside of >the spy world. In the TV series, she escapes only to come back deeper involved. > >Was anyone disappointed in Maddie's decision? I hadn't figured her to "go out like >a punk". Sad ... > >I echo Walter when he said "I'm feeling a bit betrayed ..." > >Poetic Justice for Ops (or should I say "Paul") when he's told that he can't climb >the corporate ladder until he learns ... >compassion!!! I can't tell you how many managers, general managers, directors and >vice presidents I would love to force feed that line to!!! > >HA!!! > >Overall, the twists and turns were good. > >-- >acarter@monmouth.com >"The more I know ... the less I understand" >Heart of the Matter by Don Henley > >

2000-08-28 00:00:00 - Re: I'm disappointed! (spoiler) - (Tante Joan <tantejoan@nettaxi.com>)

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:16:39 GMT, Jeanne@linknet.idt.net (Jeanne) wrote: > There was one comment Nikita >made that seemed like an opening for Madeline but I can't recall it now. > If you all recall, Operations was blackmailing her for sex. I can't >remember the episode but I sure recall the conversation. But then it was revealed that the blackmail was a scenario they had set up to trap George, not that we could rely on that being true. > >As for how they were found in that town, remember that it was Michael who >suggested the location and it was from his past. No, they were caught in a German-speaking town. Michael's proposed refuge was the island of Rhodes, near Greece but a British possession. TJ

2000-08-28 03:40:26+00:00 - Re: I'm disappointed! (spoiler) - ("Michael P. Higgins" <wildstar6@hotmail.com>)

Nikita is not going to leave her position for Michael, even though she most likely does love him. Her statement was an out-and-out lie but if she didn't drive him away he wouldn't go. She did it to save his life. At this point everyone in Section thinks he is dead, just as they thought Nikita is dead when she disappeared at the end of season one (or two?). Since he went into that plant to go out in a blaze of glory, it is logical to assume he is now history. If he kept mooning after Nikita, it would soon become obvious that he was still around. The decision to cancel him would still be in effect. If Nikita went missing immediately after he "died" it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out something was up. The Michael character, of course, is now faced with the loss of everything in his life that had any meaning for him (was anyone else surprised when he screamed out when Operations gave him that sedative?) including Nikita, his position with Section, his original life that he gave up when he was recruited and even his son, Adam. Talk about tragic. Chris Corrice wrote: > spoiler space > > I'm so disappointed in the last five minutes of the last show! If she never > loved him, why did she do all that? Just to get Michael cancelled? Doesn't > make sense! I wonder what the originial ending was. I wonder if it had > Nikita and Michael going happily into the sunset. > I guess my feeling was: why pretend to be in love with Michael? It didn't > get her anywhere. What a waste! > Flame on!

2000-08-29 03:01:21+00:00 - Re: I'm disappointed! (spoiler) - (tasha409@aol.com)

2000-08-31 18:19:33-07:00 - Re: I'm disappointed! (spoiler) - ("Colin L. Whipple" <colinwNSPM@power.net>)

"Deb Milner" <remove_this_milner_d@msn.com> wrote in message news:kasrqsg5rcoh6kiham4lc4d429hh4ihglm@4ax.com... > On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:12:06 -0400, Tante Joan <tantejoan@nettaxi.com> > wrote: > > >>As for how they were found in that town, remember that it was Michael who > >>suggested the location and it was from his past. > > > >No, they were caught in a German-speaking town. Michael's proposed > >refuge was the island of Rhodes, near Greece but a British possession. > > Weren't they in Reykjavik? After Nikita mentions Reykjavik, and > Stokes displays the 20 possibilities he's narrowed it down to, > Reykjavik was one of the possibilities that highlighted. > > It had a strong resemblance to Reykjavik. The policewoman who told him they were illegally parked spoke German. Colin