FLM films - My Webpage

1999-03-23 00:00:00 - Disappointing Shows - (legainey@ix.netcom.com)

First The Pretender. Then The X-Files. Now LFN. Why do these initially great t.v. shows go downhill? I can't take it anymore! :0 Marsha

1999-03-24 00:00:00 - Re: Disappointing Shows - (revans7877@aol.com)

> >I didn't see the early eps of any of the shows but what I can see is the >shows keep moving. That's a good thing. We don't really want to see the same >thing rehashed every week do we? > No we don't but it's not really moving it's going in circles and Im not up to another chunk o flames so I'll keep it short and sweet. Nikita keeps making the same mistakes over and over section keeps destroying innocent lives come on they can be a bit more creative about it A>A>M " Let them hate me so long as they fear me." That one emperor guy

1999-03-24 00:00:00 - Re: Disappointing Shows - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@pacbell.net>)

REvans7877 wrote in message <19990324152942.28079.00000935@ng98.aol.com>... >> >>I didn't see the early eps of any of the shows but what I can see is the >>shows keep moving. That's a good thing. We don't really want to see the same >>thing rehashed every week do we? >> > >No we don't but it's not really moving it's going in circles and Im not up to >another chunk o flames so I'll keep it short and sweet. Nikita keeps making the >same mistakes over and over section keeps destroying innocent lives come on >they can be a bit more creative about it I wonder if they can? I have always been concerned that the themes of the show would wear out through repetition. Things like Nikita's naivete, and the M&N relationship can only go so far without some kind of resolution. Maybe this show was always destined to only be done well for a couple of years. Maybe it should have been a mini-series instead of a full series of shows. Colin

1999-03-24 00:00:00 - Re: Disappointing Shows - (wickddoll@nofeckingspam.com)

*sigh* I fell out of love with both those other shows too. Depressing, isn't it? :-/ Natalie, hoping for the best, but expecting the worst On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 14:18:35 -0800, legainey@ix.netcom.com wrote: >First The Pretender. Then The X-Files. Now LFN. Why do these >initially great t.v. shows go downhill? I can't take it anymore! > >:0 > >Marsha La Funne Nikita at: http://members.xoom.com/MelodyA/lfn.htm "Wicked little doll, you are not human" "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

1999-03-24 00:00:00 - Re: Disappointing Shows - (persnef@my-dejanews.com)

In article <36F8133B.2B99@ix.netcom.com>, mlgainey@yahoo.com wrote: > First The Pretender. Then The X-Files. Now LFN. Why do these > initially great t.v. shows go downhill? I can't take it anymore! > > :0 > > Marsha > argh. my absolute agreement. i don't know why tptb or the writers insist on doing this persnef -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

1999-03-24 00:00:00 - Re: Disappointing Shows - (Gail <traveler@javanet.com>)

I didn't see the early eps of any of the shows but what I can see is the shows keep moving. That's a good thing. We don't really want to see the same thing rehashed every week do we? persnef@my-dejanews.com wrote in message <7d9v92$c6a$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>... >In article <36F8133B.2B99@ix.netcom.com>, > mlgainey@yahoo.com wrote: >> First The Pretender. Then The X-Files. Now LFN. Why do these >> initially great t.v. shows go downhill? I can't take it anymore! >> >> :0 >> >> Marsha >> > > >argh. my absolute agreement. i don't know why tptb or the writers insist on >doing this > >persnef > >-----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- >http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

1999-03-30 00:00:00 - Re: Disappointing Shows - (Wickddoll <Wickddoll@nofeckingspamhotmail.com>)

Funny that you mentioned three shows I have loved in the past. Could it be that they simply run out of ideas? Writers are human, so maybe we expect too much? :-D Natalie, pondering -- La Funne Nikita at: http://members.xoom.com/MelodyA/lfn.htm "Wicked little doll, you are not human" "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997) legainey@ix.netcom.com wrote in article <36F8133B.2B99@ix.netcom.com>... > First The Pretender. Then The X-Files. Now LFN. Why do these > initially great t.v. shows go downhill? I can't take it anymore! > > :0 > > Marsha >