FLM films - My Webpage

1999-11-12 00:00:00 - Consider this about the show - (pepeledog@aol.comboothead)

I will through something out here for all to consider. I think the show has become stagnant. The stories are all the same and the characters are all boxed in. If they all live their lives like that they will all eventually be killed, go insane or something like that. Why can't the characters just disappear into the population? They are highly trained to do that. There are too many of them to track them all down. It all makes no sense. The original movie was a more likely senario and it is the one they should go back to. If Nikita got out into the population as an assasin, there will be much more potential for different and interesting stories. It's time to dump the "War Room" and all the psycho characters in it.

1999-11-12 00:00:00 - Re: Consider this about the show - (Wickeddoll <Wickeddoll@nofeckingspam.com>)

I don't think she show was ever what you have described, but I do agree that some life needs to be injected into it. I've never seen the movie, but from what I've heard, the Nikita character is anything but sympathetic. In television, it is greatly feared that a leading character might not be able to evoke sympathy, therefore the audience would not care about him/her. I happen to like interesting characters, good or bad, but I'm afraid most people want a good guy to root for. (For instance I love Peter Dragon of 'Action', who I consider the most spectacular jerk to come along in years). So, I'm with you to a point, but not to the extreme. Natalie, afraid Action will be dumped. Pugsley P. Parqwar <pepeledog@aol.comboothead> wrote in message news:19991111224401.25925.00000287@ng-fh1.aol.com... > I will through something out here for all to consider. I think the show has > become stagnant. The stories are all the same and the characters are all boxed > in. If they all live their lives like that they will all eventually be killed, > go insane or something like that. Why can't the characters just disappear into > the population? They are highly trained to do that. There are too many of > them to track them all down. It all makes no sense. > > The original movie was a more likely senario and it is the one they should go > back to. If Nikita got out into the population as an assasin, there will be > much more potential for different and interesting stories. > > It's time to dump the "War Room" and all the psycho characters in it.

1999-11-12 00:00:00 - Re: Consider this about the show - (Colin Whipple <colinwNSPM@power.net>)

Pugsley P. Parqwar <pepeledog@aol.comboothead> wrote in message news:19991111224401.25925.00000287@ng-fh1.aol.com... > > The original movie was a more likely senario and it is the one they should go > back to. If Nikita got out into the population as an assasin, there will be > much more potential for different and interesting stories. I think that the original movie was too dark to get a significant audience on a continuing basis. I would not want to see that kind of show every week. Colin

1999-11-12 00:00:00 - Re: Consider this about the show - (captanne@aol.com)

>I think that the original movie was too dark to get a significant audience >on a continuing basis. As always, our ever reliable Colin makes a very good point. This original thread was posted to both newsgroups. Be sure to check out the responses on the other one, too. They are very interesting. Anne (Who mainly posts only to the other one, and *did* post a response, but Seabush's response is interesting.)

1999-11-12 00:00:00 - Re: Consider this about the show - (Isabelle <kadyn@cybercable.fr>)

What was so interesting about the LFN the movie was that Nikita was a junkie, a copkiller and very violent person. Unredeeming to say the least. The irony was that the training she recieved to turn her into a perfect assassin -and she did have a gift for it- and a refined lady, changed her dramatically. Once out she fell in love and soon realized she didn't want to kill anymore. It's a very interesting theme on how a person finds her humanity and redemption through love. It reminds me of Michael btw :-) When I saw the first ep of the tvseries I was mad! I couldn't believe they turned Nikita into an innocent girl, I thought it was cowardice from the producers. It took me a few eps to see I was wrong. It was a great move because with a charcater like the one from the film you cannot go very far, she's too volatile and extremist to stand this situation for long. The Nikita from Tv is a completly different character. I like how the various characters evolved through the years and I agree with wick, even though I love the romance, I want to see more action and really threatening villains. I like the differences between the movie and the tvshow. But I enjoy the things they kept : the impossible missions, the humanity of Nikita struggling against the inhumanity of her job, the love her mentor irrevocably feels for her leading him to free her even if as Tcheky Karyo (the actor playing Nikita's trainor in the film) says in the film : he'll miss her. kadyn -- "A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or else what's Heaven for?" Robert Browning