FLM films - My Webpage

1999-02-21 00:00:00 - Sad tv - (MacLeod <rkaprowsNOSPAM@telusplanet.net>)

With the high emotional content of the opening arc I thought it may be fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to tears?

1999-02-21 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (stremy1@aol.com)

Last episode of MASH -I remember just bawling like a fool.

1999-02-21 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Hughton Salmon <Hughsalmon@worldnet.att.net>)

MacLeod wrote: > > With the high emotional content of the opening arc I thought it may be > fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision > program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to > tears?I can't think of any for T.V. I keep drawing a blank. If you had included movies, I could give you an answer. :) Nadia

1999-02-21 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNSPM@pacbell.net>)

MacLeod wrote: > > With the high emotional content of the opening arc I thought it may be > fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision > program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to > tears? It is a sad commentary on TV that I can't think of any. The closest I come was when Tessa died on Highlander, but even that did not bring me to tears. I dimly remember from many years ago a show involving an alcoholic who had a dog he cared about, and the dog died. That was very emotional, but it has been many years. Colin

1999-02-21 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (wickddoll@nofeckingspam.com)

Nothing from Nikita... I got a little glassy eyed when Hawkeye flipped out on the final ep of MASH, but no full tears. The only things on TV that move me to tears are things in the news. The Jonestown Massacre Princess Diana's coffin with an envelope that said "Mummy" on it Buchanan winning the New Hampshire primary :-D Natalie, a rock On Sun, 21 Feb 1999 20:23:13 GMT, "MacLeod" <rkaprowsNOSPAM@telusplanet.net> wrote: > With the high emotional content of the opening arc I thought it may be >fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision >program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to >tears? > > La Funne Nikita at: http://members.xoom.com/MelodyA/lfn.htm Wicked little doll, you are not human Wicked little doll, you have no soul (David Byrne, 1997)

1999-02-21 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (melpor <melpor@bellsouth.net>)

There was a British show called Robin of Sherwood that was shown on Showtime back in the 80s and they had to kill off the original Robin (the actor joined the cast of Dynasty). I wept over that episode. I'm talking heaving sobs because of the way the plot was constructed using foreshadowing and flashbacks...I still cry over it if I see the tape. Melissa > MacLeod wrote: > > > > With the high emotional content of the opening arc I thought it may be > > fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision > > program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to > > tears?

1999-02-21 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNSPM@pacbell.net>)

Maybe it was the perpetual "bad hair day" look that he had the first two seasons. Colin On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, REvans7877 wrote: >Just him I don't know why he just comes across as icky to me kinda slime like >it's hard to explain > >A>A>M > >" Oh I need the darkness the sweetness the sadness the weakness oh I need this >I need a lullby a kiss goodnight angel sweet love of my life."

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (granvia@aol.comLONGing)

Can't think of anything so far. I've been brought close to the brink by many, though. With Gates of Hell, I wanted to, was prepared for, longed to, was completely psyched to -- but didn't, and it ticked me off. The reasons I didn't was all the fan anticipation that was builtup in the 'Net over the arc, the spoilers that I inadvertingly read when I didn't wish to, the handwringing and overzealous reactions that preceeded S3, and the over advertisement of Michael's crying scene by USA, made GOH anticlimatic for me. G > And THAT really almost made me cry! Co-Webster of the LFN Our NGer Gang.(L.O.N.G.) A page for, by, and about the alt.tv & alt.fan Newsgroups denizens. So you don't leave me L.O.N.G.ing for you...here's the address: http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/4458

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (revans7877@aol.com)

Well I came close to tears of laughter during the Micheal cry scene in GOH does that count? A>A>M " Oh I need the darkness the sweetness the sadness the weakness oh I need this I need a lullby a kiss goodnight angel sweet love of my life."

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Hughton Salmon <Hughsalmon@worldnet.att.net>)

Macleod, if you're still out there, which T.V. show episode nearly brought you to tears? Nadia Hughton Salmon wrote: > > MacLeod wrote: > > > > With the high emotional content of the opening arc I thought it may be > > fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision > > program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to > > tears?I can't think of any for T.V. I keep drawing a blank. If you had > included movies, I could give you an answer. :) > Nadia

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Suzita <sugeo@att.net>)

MacLeod wrote in message ... > With the high emotional content of the opening arc I thought it may be >fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision >program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to >tears? The most recent and profound for me was an Ally McBeal episode (last year's Christmas ep) where Ally befriended a transvestite hooker who, just when everything was beginning to look hopeful, was brutally murdered by a 'John'. Cried like a baby. Still get misty over it. Suzita >

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (MacLeod <rkaprowsNOSPAM@telusplanet.net>)

Hughton Salmon wrote in message <36D0B75A.6C1C@worldnet.att.net>... >Macleod, if you're still out there, which T.V. show episode nearly >brought you to tears? It's going to seem silly, but it was actualy an episode of Charmed, the one where this young chinese guy dies and is talking to one of the women from beyond the grave. It was a very sad episode. The final episode of once a thief was sad too, but not quite as much.

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (MacLeod <rkaprowsNOSPAM@telusplanet.net>)

REvans7877 wrote in message <19990221195933.05228.00001350@ng43.aol.com>... >Well I came close to tears of laughter during the Micheal cry scene in GOH does >that count? > >A>A>M > Realy, did you dislike the episode?

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (melpor <melpor@bellsouth.net>)

that was so sad...especially when s/he gave Ally the perfect black dress... Suzita wrote: > The most recent and profound for me was an Ally McBeal episode (last year's > Christmas ep) where Ally befriended a transvestite hooker who, just when > everything was beginning to look hopeful, was brutally murdered by a 'John'. > Cried like a baby. Still get misty over it. > > Suzita > >

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (revans7877@aol.com)

No I just dislike Micheal and I felt he got what he deserved and I didn't feel sorry for him....that and the face he made was real funny A>A>M " Oh I need the darkness the sweetness the sadness the weakness oh I need this I need a lullby a kiss goodnight angel sweet love of my life."

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Hughton Salmon <Hughsalmon@worldnet.att.net>)

MacLeod wrote: > > Hughton Salmon wrote in message <36D0B75A.6C1C@worldnet.att.net>... > >Macleod, if you're still out there, which T.V. show episode nearly > >brought you to tears? > > It's going to seem silly, but it was actualy an episode of Charmed, the > one where this young chinese guy dies and is talking to one of the women > from beyond the grave. It was a very sad episode. The final episode of > once a thief was sad too, but not quite as much. I haven't watched Charmed since it's second episode. Maybe I should start watching it again. You know, come to think about it, I was teary-eyed this afternoon when I saw Xena's recent episode. I don't know if you watch Xena or even have seen this episode but it is the scene where Alti makes Gabrielle see her future with Xena. It's very haunting. Nadia

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (pdz99@aol.com)

The saddest LFN for me was "Fuzzy Logic". When Nikita removes the "mother" mask to reveal herself, I cried. The "boy" may have been a genius mentally, but emotionally he was still a boy. The nosing around in Section's file that he did was so typical of a kid left with a toy. Of course he/she would explore, and section would kill him for that. Ugh.....

REvans7877 wrote in message <19990221224414.13554.00001650@ng41.aol.com>... >No I just dislike Micheal and I felt he got what he deserved and I didn't feel >sorry for him....that and the face he made was real funny So what do you hate about him.

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (revans7877@aol.com)

Just him I don't know why he just comes across as icky to me kinda slime like it's hard to explain A>A>M " Oh I need the darkness the sweetness the sadness the weakness oh I need this I need a lullby a kiss goodnight angel sweet love of my life."

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (revans7877@aol.com)

Hehehehehe Could be Colin could be A>A>M " Oh I need the darkness the sweetness the sadness the weakness oh I need this I need a lullby a kiss goodnight angel sweet love of my life."

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (paleoanth@aol.comandgetme)

Oh my god- I've cried over long distance telephone commercials. Usually, what makes me cry on tv are stories done by 20/20 or some other news program about animals. I saw this emergency vet show on TLC and cried for an hour. Paleoanth I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (stremy1@aol.com)

>'ve cried over long distance telephone commercials. Usuall I was just about to mention ATT when I read this. Oh, and the Hallmark card commercial when the little girl gives her crusty old piano teacher the card in her book of music. And the Christmas time commercial when the older brother sneaks up behind the younger and joins him in singing "O Holy Night" to the family....actually, in retrospect, most commercials just really get to me. I'm a sucker for Mad Ave.

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Heather <hls@west-server.com>)

MacLeod wrote: > With the high emotional content of the opening arc I thought it may be > fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision > program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to > tears? i have to say that not much can get me to cry on TV, but ER has gotten me quite a few times over the years. -- "You only get disillusioned if you had illusions to begin with." - Bono, December, 1987 I am happy to go blind. Thank you and good night.

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Jaida <rich@sprintmail.com>)

>MacLeod wrote: > >> With the high emotional content of the opening arc I thought it may be >> fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision >> program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to >> tears? The last M*A*S*H episode. First time I saw people dealing with finality. Jaida

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Gabriela <gcastagnino@rocketmail.com>)

Oh, Mel, I loved that show too!! I have all Michael Praed's eps on tape - never got to see the new season with the new guy in Argentina -. Robin is my fav sort of historic character, and that show mixed the mysticism of Middle Ages with good stories. I must have cried over some eps, I cry easily watching movies or TV shows. In LFN, I only cried in Mercy, when Nikita is talking to Madeline, just before The Love Thieves begins to play the first time and she decides to kill herself. Gabie, who even cried when Gabrielle Carteris and Luke Perry left Beverly Hills 90210, so I cry for almost anything :-) -- Co-webmistress of LFN Our NGer Gang L.O.N.G. page at http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/4458 melpor wrote: >There was a British show called Robin of Sherwood that was shown on Showtime back >in the 80s and they had to kill off the original Robin (the actor joined the cast >of Dynasty). I wept over that episode. I'm talking heaving sobs because of the way >the plot was constructed using foreshadowing and flashbacks...I still cry over it >if I see the tape. > >Melissa

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Gabriela <gcastagnino@rocketmail.com>)

Wickddoll wrote >The only things on TV that move me to tears are things in the news. That might be why I don't watch the news. I hardly cry for real events, last time was when Desert Storm operation bombed Iraq. Actually I thought the end was coming. I try to avoid news, and so far I have been very successful in doing so. >The Jonestown Massacre > >Princess Diana's coffin with an envelope that said "Mummy" on it > >Buchanan winning the New Hampshire primary LOLOLOLOL!!!! > >:-D > >Natalie, a rock Gabie -- Co-webmistress of LFN Our NGer Gang L.O.N.G. page at http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/4458

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Mack Lundy <mack@janus.swem.wm.edu>)

I was watching a program about cats last night (Discover on PBS?) and they showed the story of the mother cat who repeatedly went back into a burning building to bring out her kittens dispite being seriously burned herself. I mist up just thinking about it (like now). Mack MacLeod wrote: > > With the high emotional content of the opening arc I thought it may be > fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision > program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to > tears? -- Mack Lundy (mack@janus.swem.wm.edu) Library Systems Manager Swem Library College of William and Mary Williamsburg, VA Voice: 757-221-3114 Fax: 757-221-2635

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (isabelle <kadyn@cybercable.fr>)

I didn't cry but watching the ally macbeal episode where the young transvestite gets killed at the end really made me sad. The actor playing the transvestite used to be in My socalled life and he's very endearing. isa

1999-02-22 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (MacLeod <rkaprowsNOSPAM@telusplanet.net>)

Heather wrote in message <36D171E8.9B2ABE02@west-server.com>... >MacLeod wrote: > >> With the high emotional content of the opening arc I thought it may be >> fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision >> program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to >> tears? > >i have to say that not much can get me to cry on TV, but ER has gotten me >quite a few times over the years. I cry every time er comes on tv, because theres nothing good on to watch.

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (DeadKim <DeadKim@yahoo.com>)

The last show on Tv i ever cried at was when the Facts of Life ended and everyone moved away. I was devistated I tell ya. DeadKim -- One chamber of the human heart Holds pride and strength within, The next, a mad sick animal, And the wall between is thin. MacLeod <rkaprowsNOSPAM@telusplanet.net> wrote in article <RWZz2.1334$5p5.1201@news1.telusplanet.net>... > With the high emotional content of the opening arc I thought it may be > fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision > program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to > tears? > > >

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (rita7@pacbell.net)

>Oh my god- >I've cried over long distance telephone commercials. Usually, what makes me >cry on tv are stories done by 20/20 or some other news program about animals. >I saw this emergency vet show on TLC and cried for an hour. > >Paleoanth >I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here Paleoanth, if that does it, then if you saw last nights ep of The Practice it must have almost killed you, it sure did me. Rita Walter's Wench Saucy Tart # 82, Alberta's Apprentice #83 Heyn's Hussy #239 "Anytime anyone in this place starts talking about mom, you know he's got problems." Walter

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (wickddoll@nofeckingspam.com)

Kim... I thought Klingons didn't have tear ducts? :-D Natalie, ducking the alien twin On Tue, 23 Feb 1999 00:25:06 GMT, "DeadKim" <DeadKim@yahoo.com> wrote: >The last show on Tv i ever cried at was when the Facts of Life ended and >everyone moved away. I was devistated I tell ya. > >DeadKim > > >-- >One chamber of the human heart >Holds pride and strength within, >The next, a mad sick animal, >And the wall between is thin. > >MacLeod <rkaprowsNOSPAM@telusplanet.net> wrote in article ><RWZz2.1334$5p5.1201@news1.telusplanet.net>... >> With the high emotional content of the opening arc I thought it may >be >> fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision >> program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to >> tears? >> >> >> La Funne Nikita at: http://members.xoom.com/MelodyA/lfn.htm Wicked little doll, you are not human Wicked little doll, you have no soul (David Byrne, 1997)

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (DeadKim <DeadKim@yahoo.com>)

Well, thats a myth. We can cry too damn it. It's just the tears are invisible... Yeah... thats the ticket...invisible. DeadKim -- One chamber of the human heart Holds pride and strength within, The next, a mad sick animal, And the wall between is thin. Wickddoll <wickddoll@nofeckingspam.com> wrote in article <36d20f82.3112987@news.turbont.net>... > Kim... > > I thought Klingons didn't have tear ducts? > > :-D > > Natalie, ducking the alien twin > > On Tue, 23 Feb 1999 00:25:06 GMT, "DeadKim" <DeadKim@yahoo.com> wrote: > > >The last show on Tv i ever cried at was when the Facts of Life ended and > >everyone moved away. I was devistated I tell ya. > > > >DeadKim > > > > > >-- > >One chamber of the human heart > >Holds pride and strength within, > >The next, a mad sick animal, > >And the wall between is thin. > > > >MacLeod <rkaprowsNOSPAM@telusplanet.net> wrote in article > ><RWZz2.1334$5p5.1201@news1.telusplanet.net>... > >> With the high emotional content of the opening arc I thought it may > >be > >> fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision > >> program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to > >> tears? > >> > >> > >> > > > La Funne Nikita at: > http://members.xoom.com/MelodyA/lfn.htm > > Wicked little doll, you are not human > Wicked little doll, you have no soul > (David Byrne, 1997) >

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (cherokeew@aol.com)

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Suzita <sugeo@att.net>)

DeadKim wrote in message <01be5ec3$1a6ae7c0$18b8d4cd@susanwea>... >The last show on Tv i ever cried at was when the Facts of Life ended and >everyone moved away. I was devistated I tell ya. > >DeadKim > Oh Kim, darling, this is too frightening. First you and I like many of the same books and movies, but NOW! this. I loved that show, and I too cried when it ended. I just loved Jo. Suzita

isabelle wrote in message <36D1BE12.791C@cybercable.fr>... >I didn't cry but watching the ally macbeal episode where the young >transvestite gets killed at the end really made me sad. The actor >playing the transvestite used to be in My socalled life and he's very >endearing. >isa You and me both. That was my answer, too (above). Too sad for words, except "why do they do this?! This is supposed to be tv comedy." That ep caught me completely off guard.

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (valduv@aol.com)

>>> fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision >>> program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to >>> tears? Do you mean that Hallmark commercials don't count? Seriously though, I used to cry at China Beach episodes all the time. Anyone remember those? ValD

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (kismet353@aol.com)

C'mon Colin, you have to admit the samurai mission hair was pretty cool. S3 just has not been the same without it. -Kismet (Thinking Nikita's sunglasses collection can reappear any time soon)

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (kismet353@aol.com)

For animal lovers and most carbon based species, there is nothing sadder than "Old Yeller". -Kismet (Throwing that hat into the ring...)

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (kismet353@aol.com)

Val, China Beach just sucked you in. I was not a fan at first, but it really got to you. Another therapeutic tear jerker was St. Elsewhere, the pre-cursor to ER. Excellent show, very poignant for the time. -Kismet

Kismet353 wrote in message <19990223030120.01135.00002219@ng-cd1.aol.com>... >For animal lovers and most carbon based species, there is nothing sadder than >"Old Yeller". > > >-Kismet >(Throwing that hat into the ring...) Oh, you had to mention that one.... Suzita (singing la la la la la la to take away the bad memories. Heck, I've never even seen Dumbo or Bambi cuz I just knew they'd make me cry.)

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Suzita <sugeo@att.net>)

Kismet353 wrote in message <19990223030538.01135.00002220@ng-cd1.aol.com>... >Val, > >China Beach just sucked you in. I was not a fan at first, but it really got to >you. Another therapeutic tear jerker was St. Elsewhere, the pre-cursor to ER. >Excellent show, very poignant for the time. > >-Kismet I loved the final episode to St. Elsewhere. That it all was in the mind of the autistic child. Call me sappy, but I liked it. Suzita

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Paige Foster <morrigan@earthlink.net>)

VALDUV wrote: > >>> fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision > >>> program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to > >>> tears? > > Do you mean that Hallmark commercials don't count? > > Seriously though, I used to cry at China Beach episodes all the time. Anyone > remember those? > > ValD Yes! China Beach made me cry almost every ep. I loved that show. The first couple of seasons of Picket Fences had that effect on me, too. Paige Online Art Gallery: http://home.earthlink.net/~morrigan/

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Heather <hls@west-server.com>)

Kismet353 wrote: > For animal lovers and most carbon based species, there is nothing sadder than > "Old Yeller". > > -Kismet > (Throwing that hat into the ring...) no the one for animals is the er vet on animal planet. talk about depressing. gets me every time. -- "You only get disillusioned if you had illusions to begin with." - Bono, December, 1987 I am happy to go blind. Thank you and good night.

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (uisgejack@hotmail.com)

I'm a complete sucker. I cry at TV and movies all the time. but the shows that I remember just sobbing during were 2 of last year's DS9 eps. First in the ep where the vedek hanged herself on the promonade. I was so shocked tears just started falling, I couldn't help it. Then again when Tora Ziyal was shot and killed by her father's second and died in his arms. I think I misted up for Jadzia, and I know I got a bit choked up this year when Ezri told Julian that if Jadzia hadn't met Worf, he would have been the one. That was very painful to watch. I think the most memorable death scenes that still get to me are Loxley in Robin of Sherwood, and I remmeber when I was 14 crying like a baby when Jennifer Chase died on "Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future." Nikita-wise, I did get misty during "Half Life" last year. And I think "Motehr" got to me as well first time I saw it. I know I've completely lost it (totally falling apart during some tv show or movie) a few times in the last year, but I'm blanking! I'll probably remember late tonight, or on my walk home from work. LJC uisgejack@hotmail.com http://geocities.com/~uisgejack -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (uisgejack@hotmail.com)

Okay, I remember a few more... First time I saw "Victoria's Secret" in first season "Due South" I bawled like an idiot. Hearing the acoustic version of "Posession" still reminds me of how incredibly hard that ep hit me. And I misted up during the "EZ Streets" pilot, when Quinn finds his dad in the barrel. "Quantum Leap" managed to nail me constantly. The Watts riots ep was the first time, and I know I cried at the last ep. "Buffy" got me when they killed Jenny Calendar last year, and I got choked up in the pilot arc of "Gargoyles" when Goliath returned to find the massacre at Wyvern and believes his mate is slaughtered. I remember thinking "Okay, I can handle this. Oh. Oh, I'm wrong. Bugger." As for movies, "Oscar and Lucinda" nailed me this week. "The Crow" always gets to me, as does "Grave of the Fireflies" which is one fo the most beautiful and tragic films I've ever seen. if you cna find it subtitled, I highly recommend it. "The Professional" got to me first time I saw it as well. LJC -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (uisgejack@hotmail.com)

In article <19990223003339.01133.00001772@ng-ba1.aol.com>, valduv@aol.com (VALDUV) wrote: > Seriously though, I used to cry at China Beach episodes all the time. Anyone > remember those? The Tet offensive where the doughnut dolly (what was her name?) died had me a wreck. I was all of 15 I think. LJC -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (revans7877@aol.com)

Geez you guys are easy you cry alot god forbid Micheal ever does a real I love you scene with Nikita if the sap content alone didn't kill me I'd drown in the romantic's tears :) A>A>M " Oh I need the darkness the sweetness the sadness the weakness oh I need this I need a lullby a kiss goodnight angel sweet love of my life."

The coffin chasing scene in Imitation of Life gets me every time! :-D Natalie, old softie who never saw Old Yeller On 23 Feb 1999 08:18:28 GMT, "Suzita" <sugeo@att.net> wrote: > >Kismet353 wrote in message <19990223030120.01135.00002219@ng-cd1.aol.com>... >>For animal lovers and most carbon based species, there is nothing sadder >than >>"Old Yeller". >> >> >>-Kismet >>(Throwing that hat into the ring...) > >Oh, you had to mention that one.... > >Suzita (singing la la la la la la to take away the bad memories. Heck, I've >never even seen Dumbo or Bambi cuz I just knew they'd make me cry.) > > La Funne Nikita at: http://members.xoom.com/MelodyA/lfn.htm Wicked little doll, you are not human Wicked little doll, you have no soul (David Byrne, 1997)

Amanda... You are, as EZbee says... CRACKERPUPPIES! :-P Natalie, dosing Amanda with her lithium On 23 Feb 1999 20:27:09 GMT, revans7877@aol.com (REvans7877) wrote: >Geez you guys are easy you cry alot god forbid Micheal ever does a real I love >you scene with Nikita if the sap content alone didn't kill me I'd drown in the >romantic's tears > > >:) > >A>A>M > >" Oh I need the darkness the sweetness the sadness the weakness oh I need this >I need a lullby a kiss goodnight angel sweet love of my life." > > La Funne Nikita at: http://members.xoom.com/MelodyA/lfn.htm Wicked little doll, you are not human Wicked little doll, you have no soul (David Byrne, 1997)

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (pianolds1@aol.com)

1999-02-23 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Karla <brad_karla_tyler@xxxemail.msn.com>)

Well, I'd have to say the episode of Party of Five when Kirsten and Charlie almost married, but he backed out. They were both hurting and I sobbed through the whole thing. Also, and I'm almost afraid to admit this, Touched By An Angel gets me almost every time. Thanks for asking MacLeod. This was an enjoyable thread. Karla MacLeod wrote in message ... > With the high emotional content of the opening arc I thought it may be >fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision >program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to >tears? > >

1999-02-24 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (MacLeod <rkaprowsNOSPAM@telusplanet.net>)

Pianolds1 wrote in message <19990223185738.23720.00002409@ng110.aol.com>... >>From: "MacLeod" > >>I cry every time er comes on tv, because theres nothing good on to >>watch. > >Go away! Can't you see we're bonding here? > >Gail >: -) > Hey i'm the one who posted the thread.

1999-02-24 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (pianolds1@aol.com)

> know I've completely lost it (totally falling apart during some tv show or >movie) a few times in the last year, but I'm blanking! I'll probably remember >late tonight, or on my walk home from work. >LJC My all-time favorite? Ten years ago they had a commercial with a new mother in her hospital bed. She's acting nervous and keeps looking at the door. Then a nurse brings her new baby in and the mother starts to inspect the small fingers and hair and starts crying. That one still gets to me even though I haven't seen it for so long. I can't even remember what the product was but I can remember the mother's face as the tears started slipping down her cheeks. I can be really sappy. Gail

1999-02-24 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (granvia@aol.comLONGing)

Naw, you'll be sitting on your row boat with your slicker and an umbrella -- G > pushing us HRs into the water with your other hand that's holding a paddle... > >Geez you guys are easy you cry alot god forbid Micheal ever does a real I >love >you scene with Nikita if the sap content alone didn't kill me I'd drown in >the >romantic's tears > > > Co-Webster of the LFN Our NGer Gang.(L.O.N.G.) A page for, by, and about the alt.tv & alt.fan Newsgroups denizens. So you don't leave me L.O.N.G.ing for you...here's the address: http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/4458

1999-02-24 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (kynthelig@aol.com)

OK, this is all your fault. I am NOT to blame for posting under this topic...but I was nice and kept it short. There was once a time when I cried at almost every movie I saw. Thankfully I'm over that, though people wonder why I don't react to death anymore...I don't know the answer to that myself... The movie where I cried the most was in White Fang when they were having the dog/wolf fights, and you could see the wolf being abused so badly. I couldn't handle that at all. Same thing in the wolf's last scene in the book The Crossing by Cormac McCarthy. Couldn't stand it. ...And then for some reason I remember being carried out of a London theater by ushers as I sobbed loudly at the end of Brigadoon when Meg (I think?) and her guy didn't get together...I have since turned stoneyer... I did get misty at the end of War when Michael was standing over her bed, and at the end of Mercy, too. That was a teary couple of weeks! Kyn >Kismet353 wrote: > >> For animal lovers and most carbon based species, there is nothing sadder >than >> "Old Yeller". >> >> -Kismet >> (Throwing that hat into the ring...) > >no the one for animals is the er vet on animal planet. talk about >depressing. >gets me every time.

1999-02-24 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (valduv@aol.com)

LJC, I remember that one too. I also used to grab the remote quickly at the end of China Beach just so a commercial or the news wouldn't break into my misery! BTW, I suppose it's only in my wildest dreams but you did mean you were 15 during the Tet offensive, not when you were watching China Beach, right?? No?? Oh well, I guess I am older than I thought, I've got 12 or 13 years on you. By the way, does Robert Picardo ever play anything besides a doctor? He makes a darn good hologram on Voyager. ValD LJC wrote: > >In article <19990223003339.01133.00001772@ng-ba1.aol.com>, > valduv@aol.com (VALDUV) wrote: >> Seriously though, I used to cry at China Beach episodes all the time. >Anyone >> remember those? > >The Tet offensive where the doughnut dolly (what was her name?) died had me a >wreck. I was all of 15 I think. > >LJC

1999-02-25 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (uisgejack@hotmail.com)

In article <19990224020849.01141.00002298@ng-cc1.aol.com>, valduv@aol.com (VALDUV) wrote: > BTW, I suppose it's only in my wildest dreams but you did mean you were 15 > during the Tet offensive, not when you were watching China Beach, right?? No?? > Oh well, I guess I am older than I thought, I've got 12 or 13 years on you. Sorry to disappoint you, Val. I was born in '73. BUT I did see Star Wars in the original theatrical release... LJc -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

1999-02-27 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (kismet353@aol.com)

1999-02-27 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (beviltwin@aol.com)

>-Kismet >(Some roles are hard to put aside) I know what you mean...but the role I can't shake for poor Robert Picardo is his portrayal of Kevin Arnold's gym teacher in "The Wonder Years." <g>

1999-02-27 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (miatoo@webtv.net)

De-lurking for 30 seconds: Did you not see Bobby Simone's passing? I cried for the whole hour.

1999-02-27 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (LFNfan <lfn_fan@hotmail.com>)

Okay, so I missed this thread the first time. But late's better than never, right? :) My sister and I always make fun of my mother for crying so easily at TV/movies, but I have done the same, I'll admit. I remember getting teary at a few eps of LFN, such as Mercy, GOH, and some others that I just can't think of now. Also, the second season finale of Buffy just killed me. Her going into the library and finding all her friends dead/hurt, and ESPECIALLY when she had to kill Angel right after he regained his soul. The one movie that always gets me is The Horse Whisperer. The first horseback ride where they have the accident always makes me cry. I'm sure it's sad for everyone, but I think being a rider myself it makes it a lot more personal, because that could be me and one of the many close calls I've had before :). Anyway, I cried enough last night for a month so I'll stop typing now before I start again :). LFNfan "Just because one cannot see, doesn't mean he has no vision. And just because one cannot walk, doesn't mean he can't go the distance."-Stevie Wonder MacLeod wrote in message ... > With the high emotional content of the opening arc I thought it may be >fun to pose a bit of a trivia question. What episode, of any tellivision >program including Nikita made you the most sad, or even brought you to >tears? > >

1999-02-28 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (lmartin826@aol.com)

I agree with you on the horse wisper scene. I to am a rider and I've read the book and just recently saw the video. That was horrible!!!! Being I rider I'm sure we've all had those close calls and having to do the nessceary eveils that come with horse owning. They just have to be done. I, myself cannot let any animal suffer. Leah

1999-02-28 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - ("Saril & Dr.X" <rh53604@kvalley.com>)

If Horse Whisperer, the movie, got to you. Read the book. I was pouring tears and could't put the book down. Haven't seen the movie though. I am upset that they changed the ending. Any way... it is a really good book! Saril

1999-03-01 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Karla <brad_karla_tyler@xxxemail.msn.com>)

I have seen the movie, but not read the book. How does the book end? Karla Saril & Dr.X wrote in message <36DA1778.97F@kvalley.com>... >If Horse Whisperer, the movie, got to you. Read the book. I was pouring >tears and could't put the book down. Haven't seen the movie though. I am >upset that they changed the ending. Any way... it is a really good book! > >Saril

1999-03-01 00:00:00 - Re: Horse Whisperer (was Sad tv) - (Jaida <rich@sprintmail.com>)

Tom Booker dies at the end of the book. He gets trampled by wild mustangs. Actually he sacrifices himself because he realizes that his relationship with Annie will not work, and he dosen't want to destroy the fragile relationship she has re-established with her daughter. The movie did an okay job, but the book was intense. Jaida Karla wrote in message ... >I have seen the movie, but not read the book. How does the book end? > >Karla > >Saril & Dr.X wrote in message <36DA1778.97F@kvalley.com>... >>If Horse Whisperer, the movie, got to you. Read the book. I was pouring >>tears and could't put the book down. Haven't seen the movie though. I am >>upset that they changed the ending. Any way... it is a really good book! >> >>Saril > >

1999-03-01 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (EvanMeel <e.vanmeel@wxs.nl>)

Saril wrote: > If Horse Whisperer, the movie, got to you. Read the book. I was pouring > tears and could't put the book down. Haven't seen the movie though. I am > upset that they changed the ending. Any way... it is a really good book! I read the book first and then saw the movie and I wish I hadn't. They changed too many things in the movie (and I didn't cry as much as I did when reading the book). It is too bad, 'cause IMHO I think they could have done so much more with the movie. Evelien

1999-03-02 00:00:00 - Re: Horse Whisperer (was Sad tv) - (Mary Thomas <Marydawn@worldnet.att.net>)

I recently had to put my Morgan mare down. It nearly killed me but she was suffering so. So when I watched the horse Whisperer it really hit home. But the scene I liked the best was when they were dancing together it was if they couldn't get close enough. Made me cry. Mary Jaida wrote in message <7bfg68$ebe$2@oak.prod.itd.earthlink.net>... >Tom Booker dies at the end of the book. He gets trampled by wild mustangs. >Actually he sacrifices himself because he realizes that his relationship >with Annie will not work, and he dosen't want to destroy the fragile >relationship she has re-established with her daughter. The movie did an >okay job, but the book was intense. > >Jaida > >Karla wrote in message ... >>I have seen the movie, but not read the book. How does the book end? >> >>Karla >> >>Saril & Dr.X wrote in message <36DA1778.97F@kvalley.com>... >>>If Horse Whisperer, the movie, got to you. Read the book. I was pouring >>>tears and could't put the book down. Haven't seen the movie though. I am >>>upset that they changed the ending. Any way... it is a really good book! >>> >>>Saril >> >> > > >

1999-03-02 00:00:00 - Re: Horse Whisperer (was Sad tv) - (Jaida <rich@sprintmail.com>)

Sorry, I have no idea why this happy thing showed up here. I was trying to dump it. Duh. Jaida

1999-03-03 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (LFNfan <lfn_fan@hotmail.com>)

I've read the book many times already :). I read it before seeing the movie and ITA about not being able to put it down. They did change a few things from the book to the movie, but I disliked the book ending. I felt like the book ending was too much like a soap opera...I won't say anymore so I don't spoil it for people who haven't seen it. I found both the book and the movie riveting in different ways. LFNfan "Look long enough and if you're doing it right you get to see."-Tom Booker, "The Horse Whisperer" Saril & Dr.X wrote in message <36DA1778.97F@kvalley.com>... >If Horse Whisperer, the movie, got to you. Read the book. I was pouring >tears and could't put the book down. Haven't seen the movie though. I am >upset that they changed the ending. Any way... it is a really good book! > >Saril

1999-03-04 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - (Jasmin <nguyen@q-net.net.au>)

EvanMeel wrote: > > Saril wrote: > > If Horse Whisperer, the movie, got to you. Read the book. I was pouring > > tears and could't put the book down. Haven't seen the movie though. I am > > upset that they changed the ending. Any way... it is a really good book! > > I read the book first and then saw the movie and I wish I hadn't. They > changed too many things in the movie (and I didn't cry as much as I did > when reading the book). It is too bad, 'cause IMHO I think they could > have done so much more with the movie. > > Evelien Oh my God! Haven't you guys learnt by now to NEVER read the book *after* you've seen the movie! For some unknown reason, the book is always 9 times out of 10 better than the movie. On the other hand, if you watch the film first and then read the book, you could still enjoy the movie in the future even though it is completely different from the book. Jasmin

1999-03-05 00:00:00 - Re: Sad tv - ("Saril & Dr.X" <rh53604@kvalley.com>)

Jasmin wrote: > > EvanMeel wrote: > > > > Saril wrote: > > > If Horse Whisperer, the movie, got to you. Read the book. I was pouring > > > tears and could't put the book down. Haven't seen the movie though. I am > > > upset that they changed the ending. Any way... it is a really good book! > > > > I read the book first and then saw the movie and I wish I hadn't. They > > changed too many things in the movie (and I didn't cry as much as I did > > when reading the book). It is too bad, 'cause IMHO I think they could > > have done so much more with the movie. > > > > Evelien > > Oh my God! Haven't you guys learnt by now to NEVER read the book > *after* you've seen the movie! For some unknown reason, the book is > always 9 times out of 10 better than the movie. On the other hand, if > you watch the film first and then read the book, you could still enjoy > the movie in the future even though it is completely different from the > book. > > Jasmin Unfortunately (fortunately?) I read the book before the movie was made. Saril