FLM films - My Webpage

1999-01-06 00:00:00 - Re: Nikita @ Michael - ("Patrick G. Hurley" <phurley1@csi.com>)

>In some, I see Nikita & Michael >sharing a bed, but in others, it seems as if they haven't. What's the >deal? Are they an item, have they been, or were they just re-running >the shows out of order? N & M have slept together for business (as part of a mission) and pleasure (when N had momentarily escaped from Section). On numerous occasions, each has gone out of his/her way to protect the other, so it is fairly obvious they have feelings for each other. Given the constraints of life in Section, these felling cannot be openly expressed, which puts N in a state where she is uncertain of M's true feelings for her. M, for his part, encourages this confusion by his often ambivalent attitude towards N. Time will tell how their relationship develops...

1999-01-07 00:00:00 - Nikita @ Michael - (cebene2 <cebene2@aol.com>)

I'm confused. I've just discovered the series over the past couple months. They've been playing re-runs. In some, I see Nikita & Michael sharing a bed, but in others, it seems as if they haven't. What's the deal? Are they an item, have they been, or were they just re-running the shows out of order? Cheryl -- Surf Usenet at home, on the road, and by email -- always at Talkway. http://www.talkway.com

1999-01-07 00:00:00 - Re: Nikita @ Michael - (catknsn@aol.comnospam)

>I'm confused. I've just discovered the series over the past couple >months. They've been playing re-runs. In some, I see Nikita & Michael >sharing a bed, but in others, it seems as if they haven't. LOL boy is this a long story. OK, let's see if I can summarize. Nikita came to Section and was assigned to Michael as a trainee. They were attracted to each other immediately but Michael (unbeknownst to Nikita at first) had lost his wife in a mission and was not exactly Mr Emotional Health <g>. Early on, they had to play husband and wife on a mission but it never got past the kissing and tummy lick stage (don't ask). As season 1 progressed it became obvious he really cared about her; he foiled an escape attempt that would have been suicidal for her by almost seducing her. At this point she couldn't get past the lies enough to see that he did the things he did to save her life. At the end of season 1, he risked his own life by helping her escape from a suicide mission but she disappeared and he was extremely distraught because he thought she was dead. Six months later, he saw her again and they made love.She agreed to come back to Section, partially because she was weary of life on the run and partially because of him, but once they were back they were under suspicion because quite frankly her story was pretty cheesy. Michael distanced himself from her to save both of their lives and she acted like a brat - started playing tonsil hockey with the first man she saw (Jurgen, who fortunately IMHO blew up). Throughout season two, they alternated between moments when they talked about seeing more of each other or did things that made it obvious they loved each other, and distrusting each other because of the situation they are in. They were again sent on a mission where they had to play husband and wife and this time they took full advantage of it :-) Basically, Michael feels that having a relationship in Section gives him too much of an exploitable weakness, yet he still loves her too much to completely deny it. She loves him, but doesn't completely trust him either, and of course the entire situation they're in makes a relationship difficult. For instance, Michael is frequently required to sleep with women on missions. Now Nikita just found out that he is married to another woman and has a child with her as part of a Section mission. At this point I would classify their relationship as a very deep, loyal friendship that would be a real relationship if they could figure out how to work it out and not get killed. At least, that is my interpretation. I'm sure you'll hear some other versions! Cathy The unofficial Alberta Watson Home Page http://www.albertawatson.com The Ops' Recruits Home Page http://members.aol.com/CATKNSN/opsrecruits.html Queen of the Twisted Hopeless Romantics AA #12, HH #16, WW #51

1999-01-07 00:00:00 - Re: Nikita @ Michael - (Cheryl Olds <clo348@worldnet.att.net>)

That was a great explanation....that just about sums up the their relationship so far....who knows what is going to happen in Season III. Cheryl <<>> CATKNSN wrote in message <19990106231257.08425.00007766@ng-fu1.aol.com>... >>I'm confused. I've just discovered the series over the past couple >>months. They've been playing re-runs. In some, I see Nikita & Michael >>sharing a bed, but in others, it seems as if they haven't. > >LOL boy is this a long story. >OK, let's see if I can summarize. Nikita came to Section and was assigned to >Michael as a trainee. They were attracted to each other immediately but >Michael (unbeknownst to Nikita at first) had lost his wife in a mission and was >not exactly Mr Emotional Health <g>. Early on, they had to play husband and >wife on a mission but >it never got past the kissing and tummy lick stage (don't ask). As season 1 >progressed it became obvious he really cared about her; he foiled an escape >attempt that would have been suicidal for her by almost seducing her. At this >point she couldn't get past the lies enough to see that he did the things he >did to save her life. At the end of season 1, he risked his own life by >helping her escape from a suicide mission but she disappeared and he was >extremely distraught because he thought she was dead. Six months later, he saw >her again and they made love.She agreed to come back to Section, partially >because she was weary of life on the run and partially because of him, but once >they were back they were under suspicion because quite frankly her story was >pretty cheesy. Michael distanced himself from her to save both of their lives >and she acted like a brat - started playing tonsil hockey with the first man >she saw (Jurgen, who fortunately IMHO blew up). Throughout season two, they >alternated between moments when they talked about seeing more of each other or >did things that made it obvious they loved each other, and distrusting each >other because of the situation they are in. They were again sent on a mission >where they had to play husband and wife and this time they took full advantage >of it :-) Basically, Michael feels that having a relationship in Section gives >him too much of an exploitable weakness, yet he still loves her too much to >completely deny it. She loves him, but doesn't completely trust him either, >and of course the entire situation they're in makes a relationship difficult. >For instance, Michael is frequently required to sleep with women on missions. >Now Nikita just found out that he is married to another woman and has a child >with her as part of a Section mission. At this point I would classify their >relationship as a very deep, loyal friendship that would be a real relationship >if they could figure out how to work it out and not get killed. At least, that >is my interpretation. I'm sure you'll hear some other versions! > >Cathy >The unofficial Alberta Watson Home Page >http://www.albertawatson.com >The Ops' Recruits Home Page >http://members.aol.com/CATKNSN/opsrecruits.html >Queen of the Twisted Hopeless Romantics >AA #12, HH #16, WW #51

1999-01-07 00:00:00 - Re: Nikita @ Michael - (granvia@aol.com)

Cheryl, would it confuse you if I were to say that most of your questions can be answered both yes and no :-)? First, welcome to the newsgroup and in becoming an NGer. Second, those are tough questions to answer! So where I leave off, I'm sure others will pick up. M&N met four years ago when Nikita was brought into Section after they "killed" her in prison (but really drugged, and kidnapped, if you want to be technical) after she was falsely convicted of killing a policeman. Michael became her mentor, trainer, and is her superior. She is now a Level Two operative, and he is a Level Five, which we believe is about as high a level you can be without becoming head of operations as Paul Wolfe (Operations) is. M&N have always had a flirtation, but have not been a couple. Nikita has been in love with Michael from nearly the get go. Circumstances, protocol, and people, primarily Operations, Madeline, even Michael have stymied their union. Declaring such a joint venture to be disadvantageous and dangerous for them and Section. Reason? Well, not quite clear, except perhaps that their emotions might prevent them from operating at their maximum, thus being a handicap to Section. Also, we have conjectured that people from the outside could use their involvement against them, such as kidnapping, emotional blackmail, etc. Mostly, though, for most of S1 and S2, the core reason for their strangeness was left vague. In S1, all M&N did was flirt. Well, dance and soul kissed in Love, a great ep you should definitely see when it is re-run. The first time they were coitally intiminate was on the S2 premier called Hard Landing, which in light of things, was probably meant to be a double entendre. . . HL is another great ep, in which you get to see bought of them 90% nude, and brought a delighted smile to 90% of us viewers. Though Michael loves Nikita, although there are some disbelievers, he has prefered to keep her at arms length, for perhaps her own protection. An extremely difficult position for Nikita because she is quite vocal in her love/lust of him. But Michael, stoically stated in Mandatory Refusal to Nikita that he didn't want her to become his weakness, which was damn too late a statement to make since Nikita has been his weakness from nearly the beginning! Psychic Pilgrim was another wonderful HR (hopeful/hopeless romantic) ep, where M&N again were intimate while posing as husband and wife. In that ep, Michael intiminated at the end that the reason they couldn't be together was because there were things she still didn't know about him. Things Nikita and we *finally* found out in Looking for Michael, this past Sunday's season premiere. G > Which IMO, were two great damn reasons! "Michael, on your hair extensions, would you prefer synthetic or Yak?"

1999-01-07 00:00:00 - Re: Nikita @ Michael - (maryas@aol.com)

Cathy, AWESOME plotline summary!! I am going to print it out and give it to my friends who don't understand what I see in the show! Thanks, Mary Anne

1999-01-07 00:00:00 - Re: Nikita @ Michael - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@pacbell.net>)

CATKNSN wrote in message <19990106231257.08425.00007766@ng-fu1.aol.com>... >>I'm confused. I've just discovered the series over the past couple >>months. They've been playing re-runs. In some, I see Nikita & Michael >>sharing a bed, but in others, it seems as if they haven't. > >LOL boy is this a long story. >OK, let's see if I can summarize. Nikita came to Section and was assigned to >Michael as a trainee. They were attracted to each other immediately but >Michael (unbeknownst to Nikita at first) had lost his wife in a mission and was >not exactly Mr Emotional Health <g>. Early on, they had to play husband and >wife on a mission but >it never got past the kissing and tummy lick stage (don't ask). As season 1 >progressed it became obvious he really cared about her; he foiled an escape >attempt that would have been suicidal for her by almost seducing her. At this >point she couldn't get past the lies enough to see that he did the things he >did to save her life. At the end of season 1, he risked his own life by >helping her escape from a suicide mission but she disappeared and he was >extremely distraught because he thought she was dead. Six months later, he saw >her again and they made love.She agreed to come back to Section, partially >because she was weary of life on the run and partially because of him, but once >they were back they were under suspicion because quite frankly her story was >pretty cheesy. Michael distanced himself from her to save both of their lives >and she acted like a brat - started playing tonsil hockey with the first man >she saw (Jurgen, who fortunately IMHO blew up). Throughout season two, they >alternated between moments when they talked about seeing more of each other or >did things that made it obvious they loved each other, and distrusting each >other because of the situation they are in. They were again sent on a mission >where they had to play husband and wife and this time they took full advantage >of it :-) Basically, Michael feels that having a relationship in Section gives >him too much of an exploitable weakness, yet he still loves her too much to >completely deny it. She loves him, but doesn't completely trust him either, >and of course the entire situation they're in makes a relationship difficult. >For instance, Michael is frequently required to sleep with women on missions. >Now Nikita just found out that he is married to another woman and has a child >with her as part of a Section mission. At this point I would classify their >relationship as a very deep, loyal friendship that would be a real relationship >if they could figure out how to work it out and not get killed. At least, that >is my interpretation. I'm sure you'll hear some other versions! Not a bad summary, for a Madeline fan. :-) Colin (I am not going to try to do better; I probably couldn't)

1999-01-07 00:00:00 - Re: Nikita @ Michael - (pianolds1@aol.com)