FLM films - My Webpage

2001-04-02 18:48:59-07:00 - Outside The Box - ("Colin L. Whipple" <colinwNSPM@power.net>)

A couple things about this ep: First, Greg the Weasel got Tatyana in trouble, but I wonder if that was his actual intent. She seems like a pretty small-time target for him. I wonder if his plan was to get Birkoff in trouble, and was taken by surprise when Birkoff did not try to cover for her? If Birkoff had tried to cover for her, Greg might have been able to get him, and get his job. Of course, later on 3rd Season we find out some more things about what Greg was doing in Section One. Getting Birkoff cancelled and reducing the effectiveness of Section One might have been consistent with those plans. Second, at the end of the ep we have a short scene with Operations and Madeline, and we are given to understand that they know Nikita was specially recruited for Section One. Following are spoilers for Season 5. Don't read further if you don't want to know: s p o i l e r s f o r S 5 But I don't think Ops and Maddy knowing why Nikita is in Section One is consistent with what we learned in Season 5. She was in Section because her father wanted her there because he thought she was safer there than in the streets. I don't recall anything in S5 that showed that O&M were part of that. So how did it all work? Was Mr. Jones working with Scarface when Nikita was framed, and cutting O&M out of that action? If that was the case, why did they seem to know what was going on at the end of Outside the Box? If they knew she was the daughter of the Big Boss, why did they try to kill her so many times? Maybe this is all just a big continuity problem. Colin

2001-04-02 21:12:01-05:00 - Re: Outside The Box - (LAB <labrown16@mindspring.com>)

<<Maybe this is all just a big continuity problem.>> Too many different chefs in the kitchen, too many different writers at the table...the really ought to have a fan in charge of continuity of these shows :)

2001-04-03 11:20:26-07:00 - Re: Outside The Box - (rita@writerrita.com)

2001-04-03 11:35:13-07:00 - Re: Outside The Box - ("Colin L. Whipple" <colinwNSPM@power.net>)

<rita@writerrita.com> wrote in message news:mk4kct4rroikb9aptoo6k0ns9sv1u7edk1@4ax.com... > > > >Maybe this is all just a big continuity problem. > > > >Colin > > Colin, if you remember, it was in season three we were promised that > the new writers would "bring new perspectives and new life to the > show" and we started discussing on the other newsgroup about how the > writers apparently weren't reading or watching previous scripts since > so many actions didn't fit. What appears to me is that the season > four writers just came in thinking this was the end, put forth their > own entirely different and self-indulgent agenda and played games with > the entire storyline, then the season five writers spent their time > trying to scramble and make the pieces fit. > > I've seen it happen so often when shows are on the terminal season > run, it seems to be a license for writers to say, "Screw the fans, I'm > writing what I want to," in other words, indulging in their own form > of fan-fic at our expense. Yeah. I suppose that looking for continuity here is a waste of time. Colin

2001-04-03 19:33:54-04:00 - Re: Outside The Box - (gpoulin <travelerNOSPAM@javanet.com>)

My feeling was that they knew she had some mystery surrounding her arrival years ago. They weren't exactly in on it but that kind of thing must be business as usual around Section. They just didn't have all the particulars, at least not particulars they would absolutely trust. "Colin L. Whipple" <colinwNSPM@power.net> wrote in message news:tcib06rnmeub15@news.supernews.com... > A couple things about this ep: > > First, Greg the Weasel got Tatyana in trouble, but I wonder if that was his > actual intent. She seems like a pretty small-time target for him. > > I wonder if his plan was to get Birkoff in trouble, and was taken by > surprise when Birkoff did not try to cover for her? If Birkoff had tried to > cover for her, Greg might have been able to get him, and get his job. > > Of course, later on 3rd Season we find out some more things about what Greg > was doing in Section One. Getting Birkoff cancelled and reducing the > effectiveness of Section One might have been consistent with those plans. > > Second, at the end of the ep we have a short scene with Operations and > Madeline, and we are given to understand that they know Nikita was specially > recruited for Section One. > > Following are spoilers for Season 5. Don't read further if you don't want > to know: > > s > p > o > i > l > e > r > s > > f > o > r > > S > 5 > > But I don't think Ops and Maddy knowing why Nikita is in Section One is > consistent with what we learned in Season 5. She was in Section because her > father wanted her there because he thought she was safer there than in the > streets. I don't recall anything in S5 that showed that O&M were part of > that. > > So how did it all work? Was Mr. Jones working with Scarface when Nikita was > framed, and cutting O&M out of that action? If that was the case, why did > they seem to know what was going on at the end of Outside the Box? If they > knew she was the daughter of the Big Boss, why did they try to kill her so > many times? > > Maybe this is all just a big continuity problem. > > Colin > > >

2001-04-05 09:36:01-04:00 - Re: Outside The Box - (Marie <kattou22@hotmailnospam.com>)

well i just got one question in light of waht you just said.. did they do a great job at covering the mistakes in season 5 -- Marie To email , delete no spam <rita@writerrita.com> wrote in message news:mk4kct4rroikb9aptoo6k0ns9sv1u7edk1@4ax.com... > > > >Maybe this is all just a big continuity problem. > > > >Colin > > Colin, if you remember, it was in season three we were promised that > the new writers would "bring new perspectives and new life to the > show" and we started discussing on the other newsgroup about how the > writers apparently weren't reading or watching previous scripts since > so many actions didn't fit. What appears to me is that the season > four writers just came in thinking this was the end, put forth their > own entirely different and self-indulgent agenda and played games with > the entire storyline, then the season five writers spent their time > trying to scramble and make the pieces fit. > > I've seen it happen so often when shows are on the terminal season > run, it seems to be a license for writers to say, "Screw the fans, I'm > writing what I want to," in other words, indulging in their own form > of fan-fic at our expense. > > Rita

2001-04-05 16:16:41-07:00 - Re: Outside The Box - (rita@writerrita.com)

2001-04-05 20:11:43-04:00 - Re: Outside The Box - (Marie <kattou22@hotmailnospam.com>)

heheh i hope this newsgourp will still be here when i finish season 4 cause i illl view season 5 that i d/l from mikes ftp and then ill want to talk :) about those uncorrected mistakes -- Marie To email , delete no spam <rita@writerrita.com> wrote in message news:06vpctkqluoie97jpeobli75tgln32524h@4ax.com... > >well i just got one question in light of waht you just said.. > >did they do a great job at covering the mistakes in season 5 > > Uh, in a word. No. They just did the best they could with the mess > they had. > > Rita

2001-04-09 20:02:12-05:00 - Re: Outside The Box - (Mike & Nancy Willett <mikenanc@indy.net>)

I agree Rita. In fact, I'm not so sure with only 8 eps they even worried about covering for some earlier mistakes. They were just gearing those last 8 eps to an ending and were only concerned with the ending. Mike <rita@writerrita.com> wrote in message news:06vpctkqluoie97jpeobli75tgln32524h@4ax.com... > >well i just got one question in light of waht you just said.. > >did they do a great job at covering the mistakes in season 5 > > Uh, in a word. No. They just did the best they could with the mess > they had. > > Rita

2001-04-10 03:33:09+00:00 - Re: Outside The Box - (Myna <stish@nospamhome.com>)

"Mike & Nancy Willett" <mikenanc@indy.net> wrote in message news:iTsA6.1148$K54.696160@nntp3.onemain.com... > I agree Rita. In fact, I'm not so sure with only 8 eps they even worried > about covering for some earlier mistakes. They were just gearing those last > 8 eps to an ending and were only concerned with the ending. > > Mike > Mike, I also agree. Sometimes when I'm watching an ep from season 5, it's like season 1-3 (and a little of 4) were all dreams, like I had inventend them in a dream :-/ Oh well. Hey, hey. Let's bring on a another protest and see if we can get another Nikita series/movie!! (Kidding! Just felt like annoying the ones who were upset at that :-) I'm in a evil mood!) Myna--who is still hoping for the "Chiquita Bannana" thing to come around. Who in this ng came up with that brilliant name??