FLM films - My Webpage

1998-12-20 00:00:00 - Recruit - (darsy <darsy@pathfindermail.com>)

I enjoyed last night's ep, even though it's a rerun I hadn't seen it. Did anyone else get the impression that Michael was flirting with Karen to try and turn Nikita against her, so that Nikita would be more capable of cancelling her? I'm sure this discussion was brought up before, but like I said, I hadn't seen this ep before. Any thoughts? darsy

1998-12-20 00:00:00 - Re: Recruit - (granvia@aol.com)

Either that or trying to make Nikita more aware. The line I found interesting was after Nikita told Michael that he and Karen talked like old friends, and he replied, "I thought you knew me better by now." I thought Michael was reminding Nikita of the many times he had played flirt games with her. Most always they had a Section purpose. He is third in command of Section One. He more than likely knew the purpose behind Nikita being given Karen to evaluate, but his hands were tied, and couldn't tell her. Then again, he might have just been turned on by Karen (Walter certainly was :-)) and that's why he got too close to her in Madeline's office. Or he was just simply turned on -- by Nikita and used Karen as an outlet. Nikita had just shown him her breasts while putting on her weapon gear. At least that was my impression when they showed Nikita's naked back then showed Michael staring. The best line was Nikita to Michael: "What are you trying to do, Michael, guess her belt size?" LOL. G > This episode had some nice humorous moments, and Michael smiles. "Do you feel a bit -- jumpy?" David Fanning

1998-12-22 00:00:00 - Re: Recruit - (RAVEN <RAVEN6663@prodigy.net>)

Yes, I too hadn't seen this episode of LFN, even though it was a rerun. I thought that was the oddest thing when Michael smiled. Maybe scary. But somehow....it seemed to fit him...go figure. I guess they were trying to teach nikita a lesson by giving her someone to train that was going to be as much of a problem as she was in the beginning. HA! RAVEN

1998-12-22 00:00:00 - Re: Recruit - (catknsn@aol.com)

>I guess they were trying to teach nikita a lesson by giving her someone to >train that was going to be as much of a problem as she was in the beginning. Maybe they were trying to teach her a lesson that the decisions they have to make are honestly difficult and they don't just sit around cancelling people for the sheer heck of it. Of course if that was the message, it flew right in one ear and straight out the other without making much of an impression. Ah, well... Cathy The Alberta Watson Home Page http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/9470/index.html Walter's Wench #51 - Cinnamon Tart and one of the lucky ones! Heyn's Hussy #16/chocolate veil Alberta's Apprentice #12 Queen of the Twisted Hopeless Romantics "This is who we are." CQS '98/LCA '98 Survivor! ICQ 1206775

1998-12-23 00:00:00 - Re: Recruit - (darsy <darsy@pathfindermail.com>)

CATKNSN wrote: > > >I guess they were trying to teach nikita a lesson by giving her someone to > >train that was going to be as much of a problem as she was in the beginning. > > Maybe they were trying to teach her a lesson that the decisions they have to > make are honestly difficult and they don't just sit around cancelling people > for the sheer heck of it. Of course if that was the message, it flew right in > one ear and straight out the other without making much of an impression. Ah, > well... > >I took it that they already knew they would cancel Karen, they wanted to see if Nikita would a) be able to recognize a bad prospect b) if she was, would she be able to have her cancelled in cold blood? I think they could care less about what Nikita thinks about their decissions. It was a test IMO, and Michael had to sit back on his hands and watch, and hope that she would be able to do it........ darsy

1998-12-23 00:00:00 - Re: Recruit - (llissim2@aol.com)

1998-12-23 00:00:00 - Re: Recruit - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@pacbell.net>)

LLISSIM2 wrote in message <19981223002419.00800.00000552@ng-fv1.aol.com>... >>I think they could care less about what Nikita thinks about their >>decissions. It was a test IMO, and Michael had to sit back on his >>hands and watch, and hope that she would be able to do it........ > >That was the impression I got as well, Darsy. And me. Colin