FLM films - My Webpage

1998-02-02 00:00:00 - Re: My $0.02 on Approaching Zero - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

Steph wrote in message ..(2-2-98) > >Good ep. Great ep. > >I love it when I'm being taken for a ride like that... I didn't have >a clue about what was going to happen on AZ ! I sure was surprised. Except I did think that Michael had been his student. > >So Jurgen was a *good guy* after all. I think this episode has >brought back some of that darkness that first attracted me to the show >in the first place. The writers played with the minds of all the >people who desperately wanted Michael to be right and Jurgen to be a >psycho ! I agree about the 'dark' feelings. I had a knot in my stomach as I did throughout Season 1. > >I guess this temporarily discards the danger of LFN becoming the >"Michael loves Nikita" show ! 'Hope so. >Now, we're even in the dark as to when >the Jurgen trap was originally setup (before/after M slept with N ?) I don't think so because, although M & O may have had their suspicions, I think the connection (on the level _we_ knew it to be was kept well suppressed. > >I like that. >Good sexual tension between M and N in this ep, too. Hooo-eeee, mm hmmm. > > >Some random thoughts : > >- Like many others, I thought the first mission at the boat was poorly >directed ( the 2 boats, the dry suits after a swim... ) > >- I thought it was un-characteristic of Madeline to walk out of the >room to give Michael some privacy after he heard Nikita say that their >relationship was finished. Uncharacteristic of what we know of her in her *job* role...yes. But consistent with the human sensitivities she has shown on other occasions like a gentle touch on the shoulder (Nikita's. I think?) when the words are not spoken. I, for one, am glad that she left Michael to his own on this. She showed him the dignity he, as a top and trusted operative, deserves from someone whose respect he has. > >- When Jurgen told Nikita "sometimes to help the people I train, I >have to make myself an enemy to them", was that a *very* faint smile >on Michael's face (as if he thought to himself "my sentiments >exactly." ) ? > >- With his experience, Jurgen should have checked Nikita for bugs when >he let her into his appartment. Maybe he was too hor..... nah, forget >it. I'll say it... too horny to think straight. Or was he just being cavalier with his power to act as he chose? > >- Once again, Nikita killed with very little apparent trouble in this >episode. Okay, okay, so she was defending herself. But it seems to >me that during the 1st season, even that reason was not good enough >for her. She knows she is still on thin ice with Ops, and must continue to perform. Also, remember when Ops showed her the film of her shooting the desk attendant two weeks ago. I thought I saw a coldness start to invade her face. Could she really be changing and slipping down out of the 5% club? > > >BTW, the Canadian TV guide (here in Montreal), says that we will get >to watch "New Regime" next week. Not a rerun. What's the deal in the >US ? We (in San Francisco - barely keeping afloat in the rain) will see Escape, I think. I hope the whole group doesn't get on different schedules. Too hard to resist the 'spoilers'. Argh! > > >Steph > >

1998-02-03 00:00:00 - My $0.02 on Approaching Zero - (spigeon@total.net)

Good ep. I love it when I'm being taken for a ride like that... I didn't have a clue about what was going to happen on AZ ! So Jurgen was a *good guy* after all. I think this episode has brought back some of that darkness that first attracted me to the show in the first place. The writers played with the minds of all the people who desperately wanted Michael to be right and Jurgen to be a psycho ! I guess this temporarily discards the danger of LFN becoming the "Michael loves Nikita" show ! Now, we're even in the dark as to when the Jurgen trap was originally setup (before/after M slept with N ?) I like that. Good sexual tension between M and N in this ep, too. Some random thoughts : - Like many others, I thought the first mission at the boat was poorly directed ( the 2 boats, the dry suits after a swim... ) - I thought it was un-characteristic of Madeline to walk out of the room to give Michael some privacy after he heard Nikita say that their relationship was finished. - When Jurgen told Nikita "sometimes to help the people I train, I have to make myself an enemy to them", was that a *very* faint smile on Michael's face (as if he thought to himself "my sentiments exactly." ) ? - With his experience, Jurgen should have checked Nikita for bugs when he let her into his appartment. Maybe he was too hor..... nah, forget it. - Once again, Nikita killed with very little apparent trouble in this episode. Okay, okay, so she was defending herself. But it seems to me that during the 1st season, even that reason was not good enough for her. BTW, the Canadian TV guide (here in Montreal), says that we will get to watch "New Regime" next week. Not a rerun. What's the deal in the US ? Steph

1998-02-03 00:00:00 - Re: My $0.02 on Approaching Zero - (babylonc@aol.com)

nice post steph, and some very interesting thoughts. i do have one question for you though. you wrote: >- I thought it was un-characteristic of Madeline to walk out of the >room to give Michael some privacy after he heard Nikita say that their >relationship was finished. why did you find that scene out of character? i, for one, have always liked madeline. She exhibits incredible control, not just over the section operatives, but over herself and her own emotional responses. While i agree she is a cold-blooded murderer (aren't they all?) she has never struck me as cruel or disrespectful. I see her as an individual who believes in the cause of section one and doesn't have those pesky morals or a conscience to get in the way of her goals. Or, perhaps her moral code is just extremely different than your average human being. I mean section one is supposed to be working toward the goal of protecting civilians from terrorist threats right? They just need special individuals to be able to perform such morally questionable tasks as are required to further that end. the scene with michael struck me as being very in character for her because there was no reason for her to listen to those private moments. In the world of section there is very little room for the maintainance of dignity, but madeline has always seemed, imho, one to respect what little room there is. It would have been "improper" for her to hear nikita at that moment, and madeline was getting what she wanted anyway. By stepping out and allowing michael privacy to deal with his emotions, she was doing what she thought best in the situation to maximize efficiency and the probability of success. she seems to recognize a need to treat certain operatives in certain ways to obtain the best work from them. Michael is obviously ridiculously private, and I think madeline recognizes that the best way to deal with michael is to allow him the privacy and space to maintain control over his mask of stoicism. Madeline's role in section seems to be that of personality control. She deals with the individuals and sculpts them into operatives. Everything about her screams psychological control, and the best way for her to do that is to treat the operatives with kindness and respect whenever possible, which isn't very often. At that moment it was, and she did what she considered best under the circumstances. a rather lengthy response to a small point, i know. But, madeline has turned into my fav characer on the show, and i apparently have stronger feelings about her than I realized. My real question is why you feel the way you do about that scene. you must have a very different take on the character than i do, and I would love to hear it. -E

1998-02-03 00:00:00 - Re: My $0.02 on Approaching Zero - (ATBJNB <AJBryan@sprintmail.com>)

... Olympics are being shown here in the states according to upcoming tv listings unfortunately for us ; great for you! But we will get great reruns!

1998-02-03 00:00:00 - Re: My $0.02 on Approaching Zero - ("Colin L. Whipple" <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

Steph wrote in message <34d6c0b9.2853110@news.total.net>... > > >BTW, the Canadian TV guide (here in Montreal), says that we will get >to watch "New Regime" next week. Not a rerun. What's the deal in the >US ? According to the USA Network schedule, we are getting Simone on Feb. 8, and Escape on Feb. 15. Colin

1998-02-03 00:00:00 - Re: My $0.02 on Approaching Zero - ("Drew J. Cornutt" <djcornutt@mindspring.com>)

Colin L. Whipple wrote: > > Steph wrote in message <34d6c0b9.2853110@news.total.net>... > > > > > >BTW, the Canadian TV guide (here in Montreal), says that we > will get > >to watch "New Regime" next week. Not a rerun. What's the > deal in the > >US ? > > According to the USA Network schedule, we are getting Simone > on Feb. 8, and Escape on Feb. 15. > > Colin Now, USA website says we get Escape Feb. 8 and Simone on April 26. What's up with that? Sam

1998-02-04 00:00:00 - Re: My $0.02 on Approaching Zero - ("Colin L. Whipple" <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

Drew J. Cornutt wrote in message <34D81CED.25E5@mindspring.com>... >Colin L. Whipple wrote: >> According to the USA Network schedule, we are getting Simone >> on Feb. 8, and Escape on Feb. 15. >> >> Colin > > >Now, USA website says we get Escape Feb. 8 and Simone on April 26. >What's up with that? I don't know. When I look, it says Simone on Feb. 8. Colin

1998-02-04 00:00:00 - Re: My $0.02 on Approaching Zero - (Neil Harrington <n.harrington@worldnet.att.net>)

Colin L. Whipple wrote in message <6b9ind$gt5$1@nnrp4.snfc21.pbi.net>... > >Drew J. Cornutt wrote in message ><34D81CED.25E5@mindspring.com>... >>Colin L. Whipple wrote: > > >>> According to the USA Network schedule, we are getting >Simone >>> on Feb. 8, and Escape on Feb. 15. >>> >>> Colin >> >> >>Now, USA website says we get Escape Feb. 8 and Simone on >April 26. >>What's up with that? > > >I don't know. When I look, it says Simone on Feb. 8. That's what it says when I looked, too, just minutes ago. Feb. 8 Simone Feb. 15 Escape Feb. 22 Love Mar. 1 War Are some of us looking on different Web sites? I'm getting this from http://www.usanetwork.com/content/prog/nikita.html Neil

1998-02-04 00:00:00 - Re: My $0.02 on Approaching Zero - ("Drew J. Cornutt" <djcornutt@mindspring.com>)

Neil Harrington wrote: > > Colin L. Whipple wrote in message <6b9ind$gt5$1@nnrp4.snfc21.pbi.net>... > > > >Drew J. Cornutt wrote in message > ><34D81CED.25E5@mindspring.com>... > >>Colin L. Whipple wrote: > > > > > >>> According to the USA Network schedule, we are getting > >Simone > >>> on Feb. 8, and Escape on Feb. 15. > >>> > >>> Colin > >> > >> > >>Now, USA website says we get Escape Feb. 8 and Simone on > >April 26. > >>What's up with that? > > > > > >I don't know. When I look, it says Simone on Feb. 8. > > That's what it says when I looked, too, just minutes ago. > > Feb. 8 Simone > Feb. 15 Escape > Feb. 22 Love > Mar. 1 War > > Are some of us looking on different Web sites? I'm getting this from > > http://www.usanetwork.com/content/prog/nikita.html > > Neil This is the page I was looking at: http://www.usanetwork.com/content/backlot/nikita/epis/lfnepis.html Sam

1998-02-05 00:00:00 - Re: My $0.02 on Approaching Zero - (zoot.boot@mailexcite.com)

Okay, maybe this is were the confusion is on the USA network web site... it says two different things. I was looking at the Backlot section http://www.usanetwork.com/content/backlot/nikita/epis/lfnepis.html That's where it says Simone will be aired April 26. (Four days after Roy's birthday:) Had to throw that in! Zoot of the Royettes On Wed, 4 Feb 1998 18:35:06 -0500, "Neil Harrington" <n.harrington@worldnet.att.net> wrote: >Colin L. Whipple wrote in message <6b9ind$gt5$1@nnrp4.snfc21.pbi.net>... >> >>Drew J. Cornutt wrote in message >><34D81CED.25E5@mindspring.com>... >>>Colin L. Whipple wrote: >> >> >>>> According to the USA Network schedule, we are getting >>Simone >>>> on Feb. 8, and Escape on Feb. 15. >>>> >>>> Colin >>> >>> >>>Now, USA website says we get Escape Feb. 8 and Simone on >>April 26. >>>What's up with that? >> >> >>I don't know. When I look, it says Simone on Feb. 8. > > >That's what it says when I looked, too, just minutes ago. > >Feb. 8 Simone >Feb. 15 Escape >Feb. 22 Love >Mar. 1 War > >Are some of us looking on different Web sites? I'm getting this from > >http://www.usanetwork.com/content/prog/nikita.html > >Neil > > >

1998-02-05 00:00:00 - rerun schedule - ("Tracy M." <nospam@marks.net>)

According to TV Guide, in the US at least, Escape is on this coming Sunday. That means that the schedule on: http://www.usanetwork.com/content/backlot/nikita/epis/lfnepis.html (Escape, Love, War, Simone) may be accurate.... whereas the schedule at http://www.usanetwork.com/content/prog/nikita.html is not likely to be accurate... Assuming of course that Tv Guide episode descriptions are reliable... (I think the USA Network people are spending too much time watching Nikita and have started to play the same games of confusion and ambiguity ...not to mention the 3dus - Dupuisian duality and duplicity....on their web site. They really want to keep us guessing! ) Tracy M. Drew J. Cornutt wrote: > > Are some of us looking on different Web sites? I'm getting this from > > http://www.usanetwork.com/content/prog/nikita.html > > Neil > This is the page I was looking at: > http://www.usanetwork.com/content/backlot/nikita/epis/lfnepis.html > Sam -- Tracy Marks replace nospam in address with tracy This is my newsgroup-posting account; I try to discourage spam! WINDWEAVER Web Resources http://www.windweaver.com/ Top searching resources, guide, links Win95 manual and tips Webwinds Worldwide Web cameras http://www.geocities.com/~webwinds/

1998-02-05 00:00:00 - Re: My $0.02 on Approaching Zero - (Neil Harrington <n.harrington@worldnet.att.net>)

Ah! That's interesting. I guess we'll have to wait until Sunday to see which of those schedules is correct. Looks like somebody's not awake at the USA Network site. Neil Drew J. Cornutt wrote in message <34D96D61.4B2F@mindspring.com>... >Neil Harrington wrote: >> >> Colin L. Whipple wrote in message <6b9ind$gt5$1@nnrp4.snfc21.pbi.net>... >> > >> >Drew J. Cornutt wrote in message >> ><34D81CED.25E5@mindspring.com>... >> >>Colin L. Whipple wrote: >> > >> > >> >>> According to the USA Network schedule, we are getting >> >Simone >> >>> on Feb. 8, and Escape on Feb. 15. >> >>> >> >>> Colin >> >> >> >> >> >>Now, USA website says we get Escape Feb. 8 and Simone on >> >April 26. >> >>What's up with that? >> > >> > >> >I don't know. When I look, it says Simone on Feb. 8. >> >> That's what it says when I looked, too, just minutes ago. >> >> Feb. 8 Simone >> Feb. 15 Escape >> Feb. 22 Love >> Mar. 1 War >> >> Are some of us looking on different Web sites? I'm getting this from >> >> http://www.usanetwork.com/content/prog/nikita.html >> >> Neil > >This is the page I was looking at: > >http://www.usanetwork.com/content/backlot/nikita/epis/lfnepis.html > >Sam

1998-02-05 00:00:00 - Re: rerun schedule--Dupuisian duality and duplicity?! - (Susan Snee <susan@i-10.net>)

Tracy M. wrote in message <34D94F89.73DE@marks.net>... >(I think the USA Network people are spending too much time watching >Nikita and have started to play the same games of confusion and >ambiguity >...not to mention the 3dus - Dupuisian duality and duplicity....on >their web site. They really want to keep us guessing! ) Please, let's not blame Roy for Michael's sins! Susan <susan@i-10.net>

1998-02-06 00:00:00 - Re: My $0.02 on Approaching Zero - (spigeon@total.net)