FLM films - My Webpage

1998-05-10 00:00:00 - Can we turn to a new page in the song book? - (ELZBURNS <ELZBURNS@prodigy.net>)

First we had..... Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net> wrote in article <6j2tom$m94@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>... > I have said it before, and I will say it again. Michael is not altruistic. > He has motivations behind all of his actions. They ALL do (or DID, in the > now dead Jurgen's case). Though I am not outrightly defending Michael, I > find his actions more settling than unsettling. > > I did not trust Jurgen from the moment I laid eyes on him, when I saw him as > a spidery type weaving a web...I just did not know what/who the web was for. > He was not a good person. Yet, I do not see him as worse than Michael. > They were equally conniving, and underhanded in their use of Nikita. But in > different ways. Both self motivated. Jurgen for his 'better life' how ever > he would have it. And Michael for his self protection of his actions in > saving Nikita, and lying to Section, how ever HE would have it. It is just > too bad that at the time she was too 'blind' to see through both of them. > > Suzita (doesn't like talking about the dead, and that's the last she'll say > of old Jurgen) > Then we had..... Cheryl Olds <CLO348@worldnet.att.net> wrote in article <6j36i1$mp0@bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>... > DJ > I never liked the character from the get-go and > did not see the attraction Nikita had for him at > all. As for Michael, he is not perfect, but he > is constantly caught between conflicts of the > section and his own personal feelings for her. > Jurgen fulfilled his contract so Bon Voyage... > Adios.... First off, What is this fixation with digging up smelly corpses? Even those that are now kibbles and bits and bits and bits (tm)? I mean, atoms once made atoms become something else... (like sheep or rocks or babbling brooks) Secondly, On Rosie O'Donnell (and this is a slight paraphrase) Peta said that the character of Jurgen "Wasn't a good guy." and that "Nikita never loved him."..... So why harp on his character and their relationship when the actress herself has echoed our own thoughts? Thirdly, No matter what, the character of Michael is an integral part of the show..... He is supposed to be an enigma wrapped in a conundrum buried in a secret.... And he and Nikita have a chemistry when they are on screen together that has yet to be matched..... His character is the essential foil of darkness to Nikita's light.... (you know the story, the dark prince drawn to the angel in hell)...... and Roy Dupuis with his excellent acting abilities has helped make Michael's character almost as, if not as popular as Peta Wilson has made Nikita's..... Fourthly, Like those two smart, bright and neat ladies before me stated (Su and Cheryl).... I, like them, (and what I extrapolate to be a substantial number of viewers) didn't like the character Jurgen and the arc (what, no one is surprised?)... It didn't work IMHGLO.... Nuf said there... Lastly, The character is gone, lets move on please, to other things, This has gone far, far, FAR beyond interesting debate in to the world of "Don't you know any other songs to sing?" EZBee, And it wasn't that great a song to start with.........

1998-05-10 00:00:00 - Re: Can we turn to a new page in the song book? - (dentav@aol.com)

To each his own I guess. The beauty of individuality and why God gave us opinions. Glad not to be a sheep, can't even wear wool. = ) Denise Denise "Jurgen doesn't want to hurt anybody. He's a decent person...why can't you accept that?' - Nikita http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/brucepaynelist

1998-05-10 00:00:00 - Re: Can we turn to a new page in the song book? - (luciphee@aol.com)

>Glad not to be a sheep, can't even wear wool. = ) No, not a sheep, just delusional. Is the reception good on your TV in your parallel universe? Val ...just couldn't let the "sheep" comment go

1998-05-10 00:00:00 - Re: Can we turn to a new page in the song book? - (Beloved <ayo@cybergal.com>)

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO RUDE? If you don't want to see a person's comments regarding a particular aspect of LFN, THEN SKIP OVER THE DAMN HEADING!! What is the big deal? If Denise wants to express her opinion (which I happen to agree with 100%) then what is it to you? If you don't like it, just ignore what she, I or anyone else who liked Jurgen, have to say just ignore us. This is a public newsgroup....please act like you have some manners. GOSH!! Beloved (Am I the only one here with proper home training?) ----------- ELZBURNS wrote in message <01bd7c2b$8f90a060$6b2d6420@default>... >First off, >What is this fixation with digging up smelly corpses? >Even those that are now kibbles and bits and bits and bits (tm)? >I mean, atoms once made atoms become something else... >(like sheep or rocks or babbling brooks) > >Secondly, >On Rosie O'Donnell (and this is a slight paraphrase) >Peta said that the character of Jurgen "Wasn't a good guy." >and that "Nikita never loved him."..... >So why harp on his character and their relationship when the >actress herself has echoed our own thoughts? > >Thirdly, >No matter what, the character of Michael is an integral part of the >show..... >He is supposed to be an enigma wrapped in a conundrum buried in a >secret.... >And he and Nikita have a chemistry when they are on screen together that >has yet to be matched..... >His character is the essential foil of darkness to Nikita's light.... >(you know the story, the dark prince drawn to the angel in hell)...... >and Roy Dupuis with his excellent acting abilities has helped make >Michael's >character almost as, if not as popular as Peta Wilson has made >Nikita's..... > >Fourthly, >Like those two smart, bright and neat ladies before me stated (Su and >Cheryl).... >I, like them, (and what I extrapolate to be a substantial number of >viewers) >didn't like the character Jurgen and the arc (what, no one is >surprised?)... >It didn't work IMHGLO.... >Nuf said there... > >Lastly, >The character is gone, >lets move on please, >to other things, >This has gone far, far, FAR beyond interesting debate in to the world of >"Don't you know any other songs to sing?" > >EZBee, >And it wasn't that great a song to start with.........

1998-05-11 00:00:00 - Re: Can we turn to a new page in the song book? - (mac <dkmac@concentric.net>)

ah...after so long of such harmonious dsc grop in LFN the yelling and bickering has begun...let the games begin!!!!

1998-05-11 00:00:00 - Re: Can we turn to a new page in the song book? - (clbcrb@aol.com)

1998-05-11 00:00:00 - Re: Can we turn to a new page in the song book? - (dentav@aol.com)

Greetings to everyone! If Denise wanted to stir things up in a negative fashion she would have posted something like what a bunch of ****ing idiots we all are drooling over a guy who is a butthead but is a cute one so its ok. But that's NOT what she posted, no she was asking questions. And herein lies the truth of the matter. People are manipulated everyday for many different reasons. We manipulate our children when we tell them Santa will come if they are good, the news is manipulated, advertising, TV shows, all media in some form. Manipulation is NOT the problem, its the intent BEHIND the manipulation. Everyone agrees Michael manipulates Nikita. Its a given. We DIFFER on his intentions. We are all GUESSING. So unless and until you see me posting something that says we are all suckers and idiots THEN you can say I am stiring things up. Until then, I am making commentary on 'viewer interpretation of characters'. MY comments. Its not a reflection of one but rather the whole. Sorry, I was introducing the question as a possibilty. Excuse me if I was wrong. Only want to stir up good discussion. That's all. Sadly, it doesn't seem possible with this topic. Denise Who's wondering when the ARC became a bigger taboo then sex, or politics...

1998-05-11 00:00:00 - Re: Can we turn to a new page in the song book? - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

"Stirring things up" was notnecessarily meant in the negative sense that it was taken. For that, I am sorry if that is how it sounded. I meant stirring up conversation. which it obviously did. Debate is wonderful...let's just not go the route of ad homonym (sp?) attacks......and stick to the subject at hand. And part of debate that does not attack others (and I have not seen that here) is taking it all with a grain of salt. Suzita (passing the salt shaker) :-) Dentav wrote in message <1998051113543500.JAA02553@ladder03.news.aol.com>... >Greetings to everyone! If Denise wanted to stir things up in a negative >fashion she would have posted something like what a bunch of ****ing idiots we >all are drooling over a guy who is a butthead but is a cute one so its ok. But >that's NOT what she posted, no she was asking questions. And herein lies the >truth of the matter. > >People are manipulated everyday for many different reasons. We manipulate our >children when we tell them Santa will come if they are good, the news is >manipulated, advertising, TV shows, all media in some form. > > Manipulation is NOT the problem, its the intent BEHIND the manipulation. >Everyone agrees Michael manipulates Nikita. Its a given. We DIFFER on his >intentions. We are all GUESSING. > >So unless and until you see me posting something that says we are all suckers >and idiots THEN you can say I am stiring things up. Until then, I am making >commentary on 'viewer interpretation of characters'. MY comments. Its not a >reflection of one but rather the whole. Sorry, I was introducing the question >as a possibilty. Excuse me if I was wrong. > >Only want to stir up good discussion. That's all. Sadly, it doesn't seem >possible with this topic. > >Denise >Who's wondering when the ARC became a bigger taboo then sex, or politics...

1998-05-12 00:00:00 - Re: Can we turn to a new page in the song book? - (srsaima@aol.com)