FLM films - My Webpage

1998-08-03 00:00:00 - Re: Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (stremy1@aol.com)

Actually, at the beginning of the show when Michael and Nikita were strutting around the building in matching shades and black clothing, I started giggling. It never occurred to me that they look like a great pairing of equals - I kept thinking of Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones.

1998-08-03 00:00:00 - Re: Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (ladyaeval@aol.com)

>Oh lord......in tune? You call emotional torture for Nikita, in tune? >And there is no way Nikita knew about Michael's side mission, >otherwise she wouldn't have her eyes glued to him for an entire three >seconds when she should have been watching the door. >Nikita handled herself well, but there was no doubt that M's work of seduction was eating at her....She looked like she was on the verge of >crying [but held back]....a few times. N felt bad for Andrea initially, just as she did Viscano (sp?). > Joe, give Nikita credit - she knew. The lady is smart. If anything it shows that Nikita has matured enough to know the difference between a mission and an actual affair. >We all have different intepretations of what's going on.....and that's >good...but forgive me if I believe some of you guys are in "La La >Land" with M & N..........Hell, there is more love showing between >Maddy & Ops, [which is still pushing it], than M & N...... > >--joe > > As for being in La La Land - its call observation - looking beyond the obvious. As for Maddy and Ops - yes OPs wants Maddy , but does Maddy want Ops? Talk about manipulation. BTW - if any two characters are alike - it's Maddy and Michael - cold and emotionaless. Lady Aeval ICQ 13904380

1998-08-03 00:00:00 - Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (ladyaeval@aol.com)

I loved this ep! There is so many interesting things happening. Nikita: The girl has finally gotten a it! She knew, from the beginning, what Michael was up to and did not whine about it. Not only that, she expected to see Andrea at her apartment - there was no surprise when she heard the knock. When Andrea talked to Nikita about Michael, you can see her planning her revenge. Nikita tries to explain Michael's reasoning, but fails to make Andrea understand (it's hard to convince someone who has already made up her mind). At the briefing, she is very uncomfortable with the scene that Andrea makes with Michael. Given the conversation that she had with Andrea before the mission, she felt the need to warn Michael to be careful. Nikita is fast becoming a top operative without losing her compassion. Her talk with Walter is a good example of this. She doesn't lie to him, just states the facts. Four other things struck me - Maddy's conversation with Nikita and Ops conversation with her. These two are definitely attempting to drive a wedge between Michael and Nikita (I have my theories on why and will post that separately once I've thought it through). The third was Nikita tell Ops in a rather oblique way that she knew that Michael's seduction of Andrea was a test for her. Also, Nikita is not allowing Maddy to manipulate her as she has in the past - she knew what Maddy was up to when she was giving her speech about relationships. Michael: I've started to notice something rather odd about Michael's demeanor recently - he's getting fed-up with being used by Section or rather getting tired of being tested by Ops and Maddy. We all know that Michael was ordered to seduce Andrea - you can tell by his face that he was not happy about it. The two things I found interesting about the seduction scene with Andrea was (1) his admission that he loved (talking in the past tense) Nikita and (2) that Andrea said that it was Nikita he was thinking about and that they had had a relationship "or at least that was what everyone in Section believed." His eyes was wide and shiny when he said he loved Nikita - he was speaking the truth, but never really admitted that they had an actual relationship. Another telling sign of this is when he walks away from Nikita after their conversation after Andrea tried to kill him. He doesn't answer her when she asks if he felt guilty - he is not a happy man (watch the expression on his face). Is he planning something? Michael and Nikita: These two are so in tune with each other it's uncanny. What I found interesting was the opening scene - Michael and Nikita walking in side by side then Nikita getting behind him when Operations showed up. Although they may see each other as equals, I doubt that Operations does. I've said it once, I'll say it again, they are two sides of a coin - together they are formidable, separate they are impressive, but not as threatening. Lady Aeval ICQ 13904380

1998-08-03 00:00:00 - Re: Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (joe@nowhere.com)

1998-08-03 00:00:00 - Re: Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

joe@nowhere.com wrote in message <35c55416.44393581@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>... >>On 3 Aug 1998 04:38:12 GMT, ladyaeval@aol.com (LadyAeval) wrote: >>Michael and Nikita: These two are so in tune with each other it's uncanny. >>What I found interesting was the opening scene - Michael and Nikita walking in >>side by side then Nikita getting behind him when Operations showed up. >>Although they may see each other as equals, I doubt that Operations does. I've >>said it once, I'll say it again, they are two sides of a coin - together they >>are formidable, separate they are impressive, but not as threatening. >>Lady Aeval >>ICQ 13904380 > >Oh lord......in tune? You call emotional torture for Nikita, in tune? >And there is no way Nikita knew about Michael's side mission, >otherwise she wouldn't have her eyes glued to him for an entire three >seconds when she should have been watching the door. > (gee Joe, I feel like I am following you around tonight :-) ) They are in tune, every step. Maybe a tooth or two missing from the gears, but no slips in that transmission. All the way from low gear to high, they read eachother as if they were inside the others' head. I think that Nikita may have gained just a little bit of understanding of Michael tonight, and I think her warning him was out of loving friendship. She has respect for him as a collegue, maybe not him the man at this moment, because his use/misuse of women. But love comes in all shapes, shades and colors. And amen for that. >Nikita handled herself well, but there was no doubt that M's work of >seduction was eating at her....She looked like she was on the verge of >crying [but held back]....a few times. N felt bad for Andrea >initially, just as she did Viscano (sp?). To me, she looked more incredulous than on the verge of tears. > >We all have different intepretations of what's going on.....and that's >good...but forgive me if I believe some of you guys are in "La La >Land" with M & N..........Hell, there is more love showing between >Maddy & Ops, [which is still pushing it], than M & N...... > >--joe I may be in la la land, but what I see is not overt actions, it is a continuation of movement and nuance in looks and body language. Neither of them is shooting down isolation doors and making a spectacle of themselves in front of other ops. They act out of loving friendship that has deeper and stronger ties than many 'love relationships". Don't ask me to explain the whys of it. Can't do it. Just know it is there. :-) Suzita (feeling like a 'shipper, which she ain't) :-)

1998-08-04 00:00:00 - Re: Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (joe@nowhere.com)

Suzita, ;-) Let's agree to disagree.... --joe >On 3 Aug 1998 07:05:47 GMT, "Suzita" <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net> wrote: > >joe@nowhere.com wrote in message ><35c55416.44393581@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>... >>>On 3 Aug 1998 04:38:12 GMT, ladyaeval@aol.com (LadyAeval) wrote: >>>Michael and Nikita: These two are so in tune with each other it's uncanny. >>>What I found interesting was the opening scene - Michael and Nikita >walking in >>>side by side then Nikita getting behind him when Operations showed up. >>>Although they may see each other as equals, I doubt that Operations does. >I've >>>said it once, I'll say it again, they are two sides of a coin - together >they >>>are formidable, separate they are impressive, but not as threatening. >>>Lady Aeval >>>ICQ 13904380 >> >>Oh lord......in tune? You call emotional torture for Nikita, in tune? >>And there is no way Nikita knew about Michael's side mission, >>otherwise she wouldn't have her eyes glued to him for an entire three >>seconds when she should have been watching the door. >> >(gee Joe, I feel like I am following you around tonight :-) ) > >They are in tune, every step. Maybe a tooth or two missing from the gears, >but no slips in that transmission. All the way from low gear to high, they >read eachother as if they were inside the others' head. I think that Nikita >may have gained just a little bit of understanding of Michael tonight, and I >think her warning him was out of loving friendship. She has respect for him >as a collegue, maybe not him the man at this moment, because his use/misuse >of women. But love comes in all shapes, shades and colors. And amen for >that. > >>Nikita handled herself well, but there was no doubt that M's work of >>seduction was eating at her....She looked like she was on the verge of >>crying [but held back]....a few times. N felt bad for Andrea >>initially, just as she did Viscano (sp?). > >To me, she looked more incredulous than on the verge of tears. >> >>We all have different intepretations of what's going on.....and that's >>good...but forgive me if I believe some of you guys are in "La La >>Land" with M & N..........Hell, there is more love showing between >>Maddy & Ops, [which is still pushing it], than M & N...... >> >>--joe > >I may be in la la land, but what I see is not overt actions, it is a >continuation of movement and nuance in looks and body language. Neither of >them is shooting down isolation doors and making a spectacle of themselves >in front of other ops. They act out of loving friendship that has deeper >and stronger ties than many 'love relationships". Don't ask me to explain >the whys of it. Can't do it. Just know it is there. :-) > >Suzita (feeling like a 'shipper, which she ain't) :-) > > > > >

> [...]

1998-08-04 00:00:00 - Re: Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (joe@nowhere.com)

>On 4 Aug 1998 01:58:36 GMT, granvia@aol.com (Granvia) wrote: >Excuse me, Joe? Perhaps I and others in the NG are in Lala Land when it comes >to Michael and his relationship with Nikita. But let me remind you, people who >live in glass houses should not throw stones. You do not live far from the rest >of us. Mama Land is right next door. As far as you are concerned, Madeline may >not dress well, but walks on water. Which you may be right, after all, she can >stop her heart. But I doubt she has been baptized by the water she walks upon. >Madeline is as much if not more duplicitous as you feel Michael is, yet you >long to suckle her stone-cold breasts. Were you bottle fed? You did want to make this ugly didn't you? Well, the difference is, Maddy is not screwing the entire section, for the sake of the job, and expecting Ops to get over it. As for your breast comment, you have definitely sunk below my level......too bad, I thought we could find some even ground here. >G > Saying that Michael was the Ice Man Cometh that is melting with Nikita's >help. Madeline on the other hand could freeze hell over and wonder why it is so >warm and immediately do a reevaluation of those manning the air-conditioning >system that once was a furnace. No comment. Goodbye. --joe

1998-08-04 00:00:00 - Re: Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (lafannkta@aol.com)

Great post , I concur. I am actually surprised to see as many negative posts about this ep???(with the exception of maddies bad hair!) >I loved this ep! There is so many interesting things happening. Denise- LaFanNKTA@aol

1998-08-04 00:00:00 - Re: Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (ladyaeval@aol.com)

>You did want to make this ugly didn't you? Well, the difference is, >Maddy is not screwing the entire section, for the sake of the job, and >expecting Ops to get over it. > And whom do you think Michael learned it from? Lady Aeval ICQ 13904380

1998-08-04 00:00:00 - Re: Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (ladyaeval@aol.com)

>No, I don't buy that "Nikita knew" stuff.....why pay attention to it >then, [and she was drawn to every word of M], just to be nosey? >> Sorry Joe, I have to disagree with you there. She knew - take a good long look at her face. > >When M dumped Andrea,THEN, and only then, N knew it was an >assignment...not before. Are you telling me that if Nikita had known >all along, Andrea wouldn't have picked up on it? I think Nikita's >water-filled eyes were convincing enough that she had no clue >initially. What water filled eyes? Nikita hasn't been weepy in a while. If anything she was incredulous. > >Not, for me, it's called reading "too much" into things......>> Tha't why I love this show - it requires using more that 2% of yourbrains (unlike some of that drivel that passes as network programming). >Yes....true. Maddy does talk a bit more...speaks her mind, and tells >Nikita the truth, even if it's hard to handle. Maddy? Tell the truth? Don't think the woman knows the meaning of the word. She's just as cold-heart (if no more so) than OPs and just as amoral (if morality entered into Section's vocabulary). Nikita knows what Maddy is upto and doesn't buy into it anymore. Lady Aeval ICQ 13904380

1998-08-04 00:00:00 - Re: Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (MG <sinend@hotmail.com>)

joe@nowhere.com wrote in message <35c67aad.4903158@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>... >>On 3 Aug 1998 14:35:25 GMT, ladyaeval@aol.com (LadyAeval) wrote: >>>Oh lord......in tune? You call emotional torture for Nikita, in tune? >And >>there is no way Nikita knew about Michael's side mission, >>>otherwise she wouldn't have her eyes glued to him for an entire three >seconds >>when she should have been watching the door. >>>Nikita handled herself well, but there was no doubt that M's work of seduction >>was eating at her....She looked like she was on the verge of >>>crying [but held back]....a few times. N felt bad for Andrea initially, >>just as she did Viscano (sp?). >>Joe, give Nikita credit - she knew. The lady is smart. > >No, I don't buy that "Nikita knew" stuff.....why pay attention to it >then, [and she was drawn to every word of M], just to be nosey? No because she wanted to find out what was going on. Also just because she may have had an idea that it was something for Section, doesn't mean she wouldn't get any twinges seeing him with another women, even if under orders. Michael was acting un Michael like with Andrea, if someone you(not personal you, universal you) knew started acting in a way not usual for them you would probably watch them to try and figure out what was going on. > >>If anything it shows that Nikita has matured enough to know the difference >>between a mission and an actual affair. > >When M dumped Andrea,THEN, and only then, N knew it was an >assignment...not before. Are you telling me that if Nikita had known >all along, Andrea wouldn't have picked up on it? I think Nikita's >water-filled eyes were convincing enough that she had no clue >initially. Possibly at first, but then she started to pick up as time went by. It was just too obvious. Nikita isn't stupid, she catching onto how Section does things now. Marg

1998-08-04 00:00:00 - Re: Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (granvia@aol.com)

Joe, what you didn't understand was that most everything I wrote was tongue-in-cheek. In future, if at all, I shall refrain from doing that with you. > >As for your breast comment, you have definitely sunk below my >level......too bad, I thought we could find some even ground here. > >>G > Saying that Michael was the Ice Man Cometh that is melting with Nikita's >>help. Madeline on the other hand could freeze hell over and wonder why it is >so >>warm and immediately do a reevaluation of those manning the air-conditioning >>system that once was a furnace. > >No comment. Goodbye. > >--joe > >

1998-08-05 00:00:00 - Re: Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (joe@nowhere.com)

We will have to agree to disagree...too bad that other 98% [IMO] is clouding the obvious.... --joe >On 4 Aug 1998 05:48:55 GMT, ladyaeval@aol.com (LadyAeval) wrote: >>No, I don't buy that "Nikita knew" stuff.....why pay attention to it >>then, [and she was drawn to every word of M], just to be nosey? >> > >Sorry Joe, I have to disagree with you there. She knew - take a good long look >at her face. >> > >>When M dumped Andrea,THEN, and only then, N knew it was an >>assignment...not before. Are you telling me that if Nikita had known >all >along, Andrea wouldn't have picked up on it? I think Nikita's >>water-filled eyes were convincing enough that she had no clue >initially. > >What water filled eyes? Nikita hasn't been weepy in a while. If anything she >was incredulous. >> > >>Not, for me, it's called reading "too much" into things......>> > >Tha't why I love this show - it requires using more that 2% of yourbrains >(unlike some of that drivel that passes as network programming). > >>Yes....true. Maddy does talk a bit more...speaks her mind, and tells >>Nikita the truth, even if it's hard to handle. > >Maddy? Tell the truth? Don't think the woman knows the meaning of the word. >She's just as cold-heart (if no more so) than OPs and just as amoral (if >morality entered into Section's vocabulary). > >Nikita knows what Maddy is upto and doesn't buy into it anymore. > >Lady Aeval >ICQ 13904380

Sorry, again....I disagree. I interpret the episode very differently from you, and a few others, so be it. I can't keep answering tons of post saying the same thing over and over.....sorry. --joe >On Tue, 4 Aug 1998 03:08:08 -0400, "MG" <sinend@hotmail.com> wrote: > >joe@nowhere.com wrote in message ><35c67aad.4903158@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>... >>>On 3 Aug 1998 14:35:25 GMT, ladyaeval@aol.com (LadyAeval) wrote: >>>>Oh lord......in tune? You call emotional torture for Nikita, in tune? >>And >>>there is no way Nikita knew about Michael's side mission, >>>>otherwise she wouldn't have her eyes glued to him for an entire three >>seconds >>>when she should have been watching the door. >>>>Nikita handled herself well, but there was no doubt that M's work of >seduction >>>was eating at her....She looked like she was on the verge of >>>>crying [but held back]....a few times. N felt bad for Andrea >initially, >>>just as she did Viscano (sp?). >>>Joe, give Nikita credit - she knew. The lady is smart. >> >>No, I don't buy that "Nikita knew" stuff.....why pay attention to it >>then, [and she was drawn to every word of M], just to be nosey? > >No because she wanted to find out what was going on. Also just because she >may have had an idea that it was something for Section, doesn't mean she >wouldn't get any twinges seeing him with another women, even if under >orders. Michael was acting un Michael like with Andrea, if someone you(not >personal you, universal you) knew started acting in a way not usual for them >you would probably watch them to try and figure out what was going on. > > >> >>>If anything it shows that Nikita has matured enough to know the difference >>>between a mission and an actual affair. >> >>When M dumped Andrea,THEN, and only then, N knew it was an >>assignment...not before. Are you telling me that if Nikita had known >>all along, Andrea wouldn't have picked up on it? I think Nikita's >>water-filled eyes were convincing enough that she had no clue >>initially. > >Possibly at first, but then she started to pick up as time went by. It was >just too obvious. Nikita isn't stupid, she catching onto how Section does >things now. > >Marg > > >

1998-08-05 00:00:00 - Re: Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (joe@nowhere.com)

You can not determine tone in posts [debates primarily] from without an emoticon. This issue has been debated for years on the Internet. It is probably one of the reason why emoticons were created. --joe >On 4 Aug 1998 12:33:20 GMT, granvia@aol.com (Granvia) wrote: >Joe, what you didn't understand was that most everything I wrote was >tongue-in-cheek. In future, if at all, I shall refrain from doing that with >you. > >> >>As for your breast comment, you have definitely sunk below my >>level......too bad, I thought we could find some even ground here. >> >>>G > Saying that Michael was the Ice Man Cometh that is melting with Nikita's >>>help. Madeline on the other hand could freeze hell over and wonder why it is >>so >>>warm and immediately do a reevaluation of those manning the air-conditioning >>>system that once was a furnace. >> >>No comment. Goodbye. >> >>--joe >> >> > >

1998-08-06 00:00:00 - Re: Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

joe@nowhere.com > >Not, for me, it's called reading "too much" into things......I would >love to be a writer for LFN...I would add subtle things in the episode >just so the Royettes could spend several weeks trying to figure out >why a "rose" was at M's desk....was it from Nikita? Simone is alive? >It was her favorite flower, yes? It's red like Andrea's hair, maybe >it's from Andrea? Or did Maddy plant it to see M's reaction? Thinking >it was from Nikita? Viscano mentioned flowers in a partially torn love >letter, was it from Viscano? Is she back from the dead? ......and >all the while, Michael bought the damn rose to perk up his desk! But, >I would live reading the hundreds of messages analyzing it ;-) That WOULD be good. :-D > >> As for Maddy and Ops - yes OPs wants Maddy , but does Maddy want Ops? Talk >>about manipulation. BTW - if any two characters are alike - it's Maddy and >>Michael - cold and emotionaless. > >Yes....true. Maddy does talk a bit more...speaks her mind, and tells >Nikita the truth, even if it's hard to handle. > >--joe Michael tells Nikita the truth, too. Suzita (realist, able to read between the lines) >

1998-08-06 00:00:00 - Re: Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

joe@nowhere.com >emoticons .... Emoticons, love that word. Makes me giggle. Suzita B-/ (that's my best at a dead-pan spy wearing glasses) Have a good trip, Joe.

1998-08-06 00:00:00 - Re: Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (writerrita@aol.com)

In article <1998080304381200.AAA13895@ladder03.news.aol.com>, ladyaeval@aol.com (LadyAeval) writes: > I'll say it again, they are two sides of a coin - together they >are formidable, separate they are impressive, but not as threatening. >Lady Aeval Lady A, great post! ITA Rita

1998-08-14 00:00:00 - Re: Off Profile Comments - Spoiler - (joe@nowhere.com)