FLM films - My Webpage

2000-03-14 00:00:00 - The Adrian Factor - (granvia@aol.comlong)

This is actually in response to a post by Seabush in alt-fan, but she didn't post here, that I can see. So here goes my stand-alone response here.... Okay, here are my perhaps useless thoughts. No, I don't think that Operations is Nikita's father. He's plotted against her behind the scenes too many damn times for his paternity to be valid. Talk about tough love if he was her father! Besides, all Nikita needs to do is compare her DNA with Operations (if available). No need to ask Madeline, who did pull a rabbit out of the hat, which was a clever thing for her to do. Not clever was her notion that Nikita was just an attractive young woman with no skills. Was she kidding? More like, was Peter Lenkov kidding? That foolish statement would be true only pre-Section because Section has given Nikita many useful six figure skills. She's a martial arts expert / She could be a fitness guru to the beautiful people; she could produce an exercise video She's a weapons expert / Security companies would fight for her She's multi-lingual / She could work for governments, corporations, schools She's computer literate / Bill Gates would hire her. Heck, she could replace him with the advance computer knowledge that Section has thought her She's a manager / Any 500 corporation would do well to have her She's a negotiator / She could be a hostage negotiator with terrorists :-) She could be a security consultant She could be an actor with all the role playing she has done She could even be a fashion consultant and/or model, for God sake! Documentation? Section provided her with a clean history and all the papers. Even so, Nikita knows how to get IDs and could've had a lucrative black market career to boot, if she didn't want to punch a clock. If she worked for a bookstore as a sales clerk, it was simply as a way to get her feet wet as a civilian, not because she couldn't do anything else. As for Michael's feelings for Nikita. Michael loves Nikita. If she is, and if he knows, that her paternity has power, is beside the point. If she is the daughter of a powerful entity in the Agency, the better for him. But I sincerely don't think it is the reason he fell in love with her. I do, however, think that he was the inside man that helped George or "George." Do you think that after telling Nikita in the tube that he couldn't live without her, for which I believe he was sincere, he'd let her leave Section without him? I don't think so! I also suspect that "George" was a creation of Adrian. Michael has contact with Adrian. Adrian has played possum before about her memory. Adrian has wanted to kill Ops for a heck of a long time. This time, she couldn't identify herself to Nikita because of been there, done that, and it went pffft! It could also be that Michael was behind the whole thing just by himself, and not with Adrian, George or both. He might have been the George that presented himself to Nikita, and then he found another George to put in deep freeze when the plot unraveled. Perhaps the plot was supposed to unravel. Perhaps all this was an exercise on how far he could go and check for weaknesses. Perhaps you think I've gone off my nut....?? G > Yeah, well, regardless, Michael was involved in the pilot program to some degree or another that much I'm sure, and with Adrian's involvement I'm almost as sure! Co-Web of the LFN Our NGer Gang (L.O.N.G.) A page for, by, and about the alt.tv & alt.fan Newsgroups: NGer photos/site links, LFN terms, NGer name medley, and more! http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/4458/

2000-03-14 00:00:00 - Re: The Adrian Factor - (silvrsharp@aol.comnospam)

Granvia, You made a lot of excellent points but I feel there's one that I disagree with. (And NO, they are not useless thoughts! For that comment you get 5 minutes in the white room! heheheh) Anyway...to quote: No need to ask Madeline, who did pull a rabbit out of the hat, which was a clever thing for her to do. Not clever was her notion that Nikita was just an attractive young woman with no skills. Was she kidding? More like, was Peter Lenkov kidding? That foolish statement would be true only pre-Section because Section has given Nikita many useful six figure skills. IMO, it's perfectly plausible to make such a statement. True, Section trained her with all those skills. But they did not (perhaps intentionally) give her any training in the area of self-esteem. They have trained a slave. Unfortunately, I've recently learned that a woman I considered to be very strong and capable in life skills has actually been an abused spouse. This shows me that it's what someone believes inside their head that determines their reality, not necessarily the reality that other people see. So I look at Nikita and see how on the outside, she is beautiful and trained in survival skills, but they are all external. Her own belief in herself has never been encouraged by Section. I believe that Madeline was referring to Nikita's view of herself, which is, in terms of Nikita's survival, the only viewpoint that would count. sharp (sorry, couldn't help rambling here) (to e-mail, remove "no spam" from the address.)

2000-03-14 00:00:00 - Re: The Adrian Factor - (Gail <traveler@javanet.com>)

G wrote in message <20000313191557.03532.00002173@ng- >If she worked for a bookstore as a sales clerk, it was simply as a way to get >her feet wet as a civilian, not because she couldn't do anything else. > Exactly my thoughts. If I were she, I'd want to take plenty of time to smell the roses. To not be all tied up with thinking and plotting my day through. To have little impact on the world around me and just be able to watch and speak to others freely. I'm sure she left Section with enough money to retire on if she wants to, as well as all the credentials she could ever need. Henry could see to that and it may have been part of his purpose in checking on her. Assuming of course she could ever really leave section. >As for Michael's feelings for Nikita.> >Michael loves Nikita. If she is, and if he knows, that her paternity has >power,>is beside the point. I think Michael's sharp enough to recognize that Nikita has been through hell for the past few months and needs to get her head together. He is totally devoted to her. Did you see the way he inhaled her when he came to say good bye. He must have been somewhat disappointed when she came back to Section because he always looks out for her best interests even when it doesn't look like it. He'll get her in the end but he's still gentle with her while she's chomping at the bit.