FLM films - My Webpage

2001-03-30 18:32:09-08:00 - Re: Continue The Series - ("Colin L. Whipple" <colinwNSPM@power.net>)

"Gothyc" <gothyc@REMOVETHISexcite.com> wrote in message news:tcaesm1abm8j15@news.supernews.com... > Hello. A question for the regulars. I'm curious, why they can't > bring back LFN, under the same guidelines as the TV series Angel and Buffy > the Vampire Slayer. Characters we're killed in these episodes, yet in the > newer ones, its as if they never died. Darla in Angel, and Buffy's Mom, are > good examples of it. All it would take is two things. 1) The belief that there would be a large enough audience, and 2) Money. Colin

2001-03-30 21:11:49-05:00 - Continue The Series - (Gothyc <gothyc@REMOVETHISexcite.com>)

Hello. A question for the regulars. I'm curious, why they can't bring back LFN, under the same guidelines as the TV series Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Characters we're killed in these episodes, yet in the newer ones, its as if they never died. Darla in Angel, and Buffy's Mom, are good examples of it. Simply an idea, why couldn't they just write off Peta Wilson if she doesn't want to come back, and redo the show? Michael wasn't killed, Operations was wearing a new style of bulletproof vest so let's say he's wounded but alive. All planned by Operations. Even Madeline technically could be resurrected, saying she took a drug to slow her heart down to barely beating, but not really dead. I'm not writing a storyline, but I'm curious if you think there is a chance the producers would pull this off under similar vein? Advertisers had to be loving LFN while it was on, no lack of interest, and let's face it, advertisers depend on how a show does, not because Peta Wilson wants to quit. Successful TV shows with long running series, don't come around all the time. Anyone is replaceable. Cheers. -- "Wherever God erects a house of prayer, The Devil builds a chapel there; And will be found, upon examination, The latter has the largest congregation."

2001-03-31 03:27:59+00:00 - Re: Continue The Series - (trajan <trajan@optonline.net>)

"Colin L. Whipple" wrote: > > "Gothyc" <gothyc@REMOVETHISexcite.com> wrote in message > news:tcaesm1abm8j15@news.supernews.com... > > Hello. A question for the regulars. I'm curious, why they can't > > bring back LFN, under the same guidelines as the TV series Angel and Buffy > > the Vampire Slayer. Characters we're killed in these episodes, yet in the > > newer ones, its as if they never died. Darla in Angel, and Buffy's Mom, > are > > good examples of it. > > All it would take is two things. > > 1) The belief that there would be a large enough audience, and > > 2) Money. > > Colin And actor willingness to reprise roles they've already become bored with. I'm not sure I'd want to watch that bloodbath... Trajan

2001-03-31 11:43:06-05:00 - Re: Continue The Series - (BLUEHERONS@webtv.net)

Na, Trajan, we'd just have to crank up that hologram machine full tilt...

2001-04-05 20:05:48+00:00 - Re: Continue The Series - (Ann Meffert <lameffert@worldnet.att.net>)

I can't imagine any actress who would want to follow in Peta's footsteps. Tracy Scroggins tried to fill the shoes left by Claudia Christian on Babylon 5, but fell far short of successful. Come to think of it, CC could probably pull it off. She has the range of character to be both sensual and a calculating martial artist/operative. It, obviously wouldn't work with Claudia as Nikita, but as a new operative evolving into that role. Peta, perhaps, could make a rare guest appearance from Central and Roy Dupris, if interested, could run Section. It could happen, but probably won't. Unfortuately. I miss the show. Gothyc wrote: > > Hello. A question for the regulars. I'm curious, why they can't > bring back LFN, under the same guidelines as the TV series Angel and Buffy > the Vampire Slayer. Characters we're killed in these episodes, yet in the > newer ones, its as if they never died. Darla in Angel, and Buffy's Mom, are > good examples of it. > Simply an idea, why couldn't they just write off Peta Wilson if she > doesn't want to come back, and redo the show? Michael wasn't killed, > Operations was wearing a new style of bulletproof vest so let's say he's > wounded but alive. All planned by Operations. Even Madeline technically > could be resurrected, saying she took a drug to slow her heart down to > barely beating, but not really dead. > I'm not writing a storyline, but I'm curious if you think there is a > chance the producers would pull this off under similar vein? Advertisers > had to be loving LFN while it was on, no lack of interest, and let's face > it, advertisers depend on how a show does, not because Peta Wilson wants to > quit. Successful TV shows with long running series, don't come around all > the time. Anyone is replaceable. Cheers. > -- > "Wherever God erects a house of prayer, > The Devil builds a chapel there; > And will be found, upon examination, > The latter has the largest congregation."