FLM films - My Webpage

1998-02-08 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

Don't spoil. Or if you do, make the lines b/n the start and the text sooooo long that I'll lose my way. I don't have the control to resist. You know "there is no free will in here". Just let us know if it is 'good', worth the wait, or otherwise. Maybe a clue would be acceptable. Oh no. Oh. : ) Please don't tempt me......... Or 'is this a test by Section'? Argh. I need to 'escape' from this........... Lucky you. Suzita Steph wrote in message <34dfedc4.367727@news.total.net>... > >Hey, this is Steph in Montreal. > >They're showing NEW REGIME on the CTV network as I am posting this >message... > >My American friends, tell me what to do ! > >Do I post a spoiler, or not ??? > >How 'bout other Canadians ? Am I the only lucky one ? > > > >Steph ! > >

1998-02-09 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - ("Drew J. Cornutt" <djcornutt@mindspring.com>)

Steph wrote: > > Hey, this is Steph in Montreal. > > They're showing NEW REGIME on the CTV network as I am posting this > message... > > My American friends, tell me what to do ! > > Do I post a spoiler, or not ??? > > How 'bout other Canadians ? Am I the only lucky one ? > > Steph ! Oh my God, how tempting!! And why do "y'all" get New Regime and we get re-runs (albeit wonderful eps, still RE-RUNS)? As for myself, I would need to resist reading a spoiler...........or at least try to resist. I found that reading a spoiler of "Friend" before I saw that ep for the first time recently, seemed to make the surprise ending involving N's friend really anti-climatic for me. But, that's just MHO, and I certainly don't have to read any post stating "NR spoiler". Will be a long time til those of us in the states can discuss it, tho. That's a shame!! I'll miss those great discussions right after a new ep. Hope you enjoy it !!!!! (I'm jealous, tho). Samantha

1998-02-09 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (Karen Malloy <KarenMalloy@worldnet.att.net>)

Last season when the Canadians got "Mercy" so much earlier than us, I read all the spoilers on it. I actually cried reading the spoilers. But when I watched the episode, I didn't cry a drop. The spoilers ruined "Mercy" for me. This season, I was hoping that the U.S. and Canada would stay on the same schedule. We know now, that is not going to happen. But, I vow to remain spoil-free regardless of the temptation. Karen/Glitter (who loves Roy and likes Nikita too)

1998-02-10 00:00:00 - NEW REGIME !!! - (spigeon@total.net)

Hey, this is Steph in Montreal. They're showing NEW REGIME on the CTV network as I am posting this message... My American friends, tell me what to do ! Do I post a spoiler, or not ??? How 'bout other Canadians ? Am I the only lucky one ? Steph !

1998-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (spigeon@total.net)

I shall respect your wishes, fellow Nikites.... and remain silent for now. But... can you resist this offer ? I'LL EMAIL A SPOILER TO WHOEVER ASKS FOR IT !!!!!!!! Just "Post Reply via e-mail" with $50.00 .... naah, just kidding ! ;-))))) I'll say this much... *VERY* surprising episode. I would nickname it "The Shape Of Things To Come". St���phane. >Last season when the Canadians got "Mercy" so much earlier than us, I read >all the spoilers on it. I actually cried reading the spoilers. But when I >watched the episode, I didn't cry a drop. The spoilers ruined "Mercy" for >me. > >This season, I was hoping that the U.S. and Canada would stay on the same >schedule. We know now, that is not going to happen. But, I vow to remain >spoil-free regardless of the temptation. > >Karen/Glitter (who loves Roy and likes Nikita too) > >

1998-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - ("Colin L. Whipple" <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

People, please make sure to put in spoiler space, and do NOT disclose plot details in message titles!! Messages titles, like this one, are OK. That warns us. Thanks. Colin Steph wrote in message <34dfedc4.367727@news.total.net>... > >Hey, this is Steph in Montreal. > >They're showing NEW REGIME on the CTV network as I am posting this >message... > >My American friends, tell me what to do ! > >Do I post a spoiler, or not ??? > >How 'bout other Canadians ? Am I the only lucky one ? > > > >Steph ! > >

1998-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - ("Drew J. Cornutt" <djcornutt@mindspring.com>)

Steph wrote: > > I shall respect your wishes, fellow Nikites.... and remain silent for > now. > > But... can you resist this offer ? I'LL EMAIL A SPOILER TO WHOEVER > ASKS FOR IT !!!!!!!! Just "Post Reply via e-mail" with $50.00 .... > naah, just kidding ! ;-))))) > > I'll say this much... *VERY* surprising episode. I would nickname > it "The Shape Of Things To Come". > > St�phane. > You are such a tease. Do appreciate your offer to e-mail a spoiler to anyone asking...I will pass. But it must be hard to NOT share that information, too....would be for me, at least. Glad to hear your overall impression of it seemed favorable. Just 5 more days til "Love" (which I have never seen), then a week til "War", THEN we get NR........a long time. Boo. Samantha > >Last season when the Canadians got "Mercy" so much earlier than us, I read > >all the spoilers on it. I actually cried reading the spoilers. But when I > >watched the episode, I didn't cry a drop. The spoilers ruined "Mercy" for > >me. > > > >This season, I was hoping that the U.S. and Canada would stay on the same > >schedule. We know now, that is not going to happen. But, I vow to remain > >spoil-free regardless of the temptation. > > > >Karen/Glitter (who loves Roy and likes Nikita too) > > > >

1998-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - ("Tracy M." <nospam@marks.net>)

There is a New Regime spoiler up by a Canadian at: http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/7198/E.205.html It includes dialogue from the episode...and in the new few days, will be expanded. Complete spoilers are also being posted on the LFN mailing list. I have the impatience of Nikita...and couldn't resist myself. Sounds like a GREAT episode! Canadians are going to get three new episodes before we do. If they don't then hit a rerun season so we can catch up, we may need to form separate newsgroups for Canada and the U.S. Otherwise, we're going to have spoiler chaos...and many of us won't be able to resist the temptation of reading. (Well, you can do a file, save with your eyes closed so you don't see what you're saving!) Actually, I believe Canada deserves being ahead of the U.S. for a change. I've always felt that the U.S. treats Canada like its insignificant little sister....You all deserve to one up us for a change. And of course, you are the home of LFN and many of its stars. Tracy ----- Tracy Marks replace nospam in address with tracy This is my newsgroup-posting account; I try to discourage spam! WINDWEAVER Web Resources http://www.windweaver.com/ LFN Bookmarks http://www.webwinds.com/friends/bknikita.htm LFNFan Personality Types http://www.webwinds.com/friends/nikfans.htm Michael Loceff http://www.webwinds.com/friends/loceff.htm

1998-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (Barbara Andrews <baandr1@worldnet.att.net>)

I found the spoiler in LFN Anonymous B Tracy M. wrote in message <34E0EA36.4CDD@marks.net>... >There is a New Regime spoiler up by a Canadian at: >http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/7198/E.205.html > >It includes dialogue from the episode...and in the new few >days, will be expanded. > >Complete spoilers are also being posted on the LFN mailing >list. I have the impatience of Nikita...and couldn't >resist myself. Sounds like a GREAT episode! > >Canadians are going to get three new episodes before we do. >If they don't then hit a rerun season so we can catch up, >we may need to form separate newsgroups for Canada and the U.S. >Otherwise, we're going to have spoiler chaos...and many of >us won't be able to resist the temptation of reading. (Well, >you can do a file, save with your eyes closed so you >don't see what you're saving!) > >Actually, I believe Canada deserves being ahead of the >U.S. for a change. I've always felt that the U.S. treats >Canada like its insignificant little sister....You all >deserve to one up us for a change. And of course, you >are the home of LFN and many of its stars. > >Tracy >----- >Tracy Marks replace nospam in address with tracy >This is my newsgroup-posting account; I try to discourage spam! >WINDWEAVER Web Resources http://www.windweaver.com/ >LFN Bookmarks http://www.webwinds.com/friends/bknikita.htm >LFNFan Personality Types http://www.webwinds.com/friends/nikfans.htm >Michael Loceff http://www.webwinds.com/friends/loceff.htm

1998-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (hbecs098@csun2.csun.edu)

Karen Malloy <KarenMalloy@worldnet.att.net> wrote: >Last season when the Canadians got "Mercy" so much earlier than us, I read >all the spoilers on it. I actually cried reading the spoilers. But when I >watched the episode, I didn't cry a drop. The spoilers ruined "Mercy" for >me. > >This season, I was hoping that the U.S. and Canada would stay on the same >schedule. We know now, that is not going to happen. But, I vow to remain >spoil-free regardless of the temptation. Aww, don't be so upset. I know how frustrating it can be when those Canadians spoil the show by giving out their own views before we've even watched it. Well, this season is going to be different. In an effort to level the playing field, I've decided that it's only fair to deliver the upcoming script for New Regime. I mean, we can't have other countries ahead of the U.S. now, can we? Without further ado...... S P O I L E R S P A C E [500 ft. Underground: Section One] Operations: I've called this meeting to discuss the latest threat to NATO's security. Apparently some individual is leaking classified data and selling encryption keys to terrorists in Libya. Find him and kill him. Ok, let's move on to the most important topic of this meeting...Nikita. Madeline: I'm somewhat concerned about the approach we've taken in handling Nikita; namely, we believe that she no longer trusts the Section to give her reliable, honest information. Operations: <nods his head> We feel this may have something to do with the exposure to high levels of BS and excessive concentrations of lying that would peel off the varnish from a Victorian coffee table. Michael: What can we do to remedy this problem? Madeline: Maybe we can stop lying to her. <*Everyone laughs. Walter has to leave to get a new pair of Depends*> Madeline: <*Wiping a tear*> Ok, seriously, what should we do? Operations: I've had Birkoff look into this. What is your analysis of the situation? Birkoff: <*Adjusts his glasses*> This was a rather difficult assignment due to many unknown factors. Operations: Just tell us what you know, Birkoff. Birkoff: Well, I've had to construct a 3-D model of Nikita's brain and trace the areas which have been traumatized by the misinformation and lying. Hopefully, by isolating those areas, we could treat the infections by electro-shock therapy. Madeline: A very astute diagnosis. Birkoff: Thanks, but the problem is <*clears his throat*>.....well...... maybe I should just show you. <*An image of Nikita's brain is displayed on the holo-viewer*> Operations: I don't see anything, Birkoff. Birkoff: That's precisely my point, sir. According to my chemical analysis, her skull is filled with 78% Nitrogen, 21% Oxygen, and 1% Argon. Operations: You mean...? Birkoff: Exactly. Her head is full of air. Normal everyday air. Michael: Very interesting. Operations: Actually, I find this very disturbing. How can we employ someone who's an airhead?!! Birkoff: It gets worse, sir. The problem gets compounded as a result of her hair color. Blond airheads are especially clueless. Madeline: Hmmm... So what you're saying is--we can lie to Nikita, and she'll never suspect anything? Birkoff: That's correct. Although there may be brief periods of intense temper tantrums, she has no capacity to remember anything, so I predict we can milk this theme for at least two more seasons. Operations: This is wonderful news! Thank the lord for dingbat female operatives! Madeline: I'm impressed with your findings, Birkoff. I say we all take a break and go to Pizza Hut. My treat. <*Much rejoicing takes place*> Michael: I can't make it to the pizza party. If you will excuse me, I'm on my way to seduce Nikita. ----------- Ahmad

1998-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (Simon Appolloni <moka@interlog.com>)

I was wondering why no one was mentioning New Regime. I sat down last night, ready to watch a rerun (the TV Guide said Escape) and it was only halfway through the episode that I realized it was a new ep! I've never seen Escape and I kept waiting for the escape attempt to start. I won't spoil the episode, but suffice to say we see a very different Nikita, and very little of Michael. Boooohooooo. Katie

1998-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

And you missed an incredible seduction scene in Escape. You must find someone who has the tape just to get the shivers during the dance scene. Boohoooooo for you. Try to see it. Suzita. Simon Appolloni wrote in message <34E109A3.4B90@interlog.com>... >I was wondering why no one was mentioning New Regime. I sat down last >night, ready to watch a rerun (the TV Guide said Escape) and it was only >halfway through the episode that I realized it was a new ep! I've never >seen Escape and I kept waiting for the escape attempt to start. > >I won't spoil the episode, but suffice to say we see a very different >Nikita, and very little of Michael. Boooohooooo. > >Katie

Thank you Ahmad. I found I couldn't trust myself to ignore your long trailer to the spoiler and got just what I wanted...... I giggled at your portrayal of the group. hee hee. Suzita ahmad bekir wrote in message <6bqtps$3lk@csun2.csun.edu>... >Karen Malloy <KarenMalloy@worldnet.att.net> wrote: >>Last season when the Canadians got "Mercy" so much earlier than us, I read >>all the spoilers on it. I actually cried reading the spoilers. But when I >>watched the episode, I didn't cry a drop. The spoilers ruined "Mercy" for >>me. >> >>This season, I was hoping that the U.S. and Canada would stay on the same >>schedule. We know now, that is not going to happen. But, I vow to remain >>spoil-free regardless of the temptation. > >Aww, don't be so upset. I know how frustrating it can be when those >Canadians spoil the show by giving out their own views before we've >even watched it. Well, this season is going to be different. In an >effort to level the playing field, I've decided that it's only fair to >deliver the upcoming script for New Regime. I mean, we can't have other >countries ahead of the U.S. now, can we? >Without further ado...... > >S >P >O >I >L >E >R > >S >P >A >C >E > > >[500 ft. Underground: Section One] > >Operations: I've called this meeting to discuss the latest threat to > NATO's security. Apparently some individual is leaking > classified data and selling encryption keys to terrorists > in Libya. Find him and kill him. Ok, let's move on to > the most important topic of this meeting...Nikita. > >Madeline: I'm somewhat concerned about the approach we've taken > in handling Nikita; namely, we believe that she no longer > trusts the Section to give her reliable, honest information. > >Operations: <nods his head> We feel this may have something to do > with the exposure to high levels of BS and excessive > concentrations of lying that would peel off the varnish > from a Victorian coffee table. > >Michael: What can we do to remedy this problem? > >Madeline: Maybe we can stop lying to her. > ><*Everyone laughs. Walter has to leave to get a new pair of Depends*> > >Madeline: <*Wiping a tear*> Ok, seriously, what should we do? > >Operations: I've had Birkoff look into this. What is your analysis > of the situation? > >Birkoff: <*Adjusts his glasses*> This was a rather difficult assignment > due to many unknown factors. > >Operations: Just tell us what you know, Birkoff. > >Birkoff: Well, I've had to construct a 3-D model of Nikita's > brain and trace the areas which have been traumatized by > the misinformation and lying. Hopefully, by isolating > those areas, we could treat the infections by electro-shock > therapy. > >Madeline: A very astute diagnosis. > >Birkoff: Thanks, but the problem is <*clears his throat*>.....well...... > maybe I should just show you. > ><*An image of Nikita's brain is displayed on the holo-viewer*> > >Operations: I don't see anything, Birkoff. > >Birkoff: That's precisely my point, sir. According to my chemical > analysis, her skull is filled with 78% Nitrogen, 21% Oxygen, > and 1% Argon. > >Operations: You mean...? > >Birkoff: Exactly. Her head is full of air. Normal everyday air. > >Michael: Very interesting. > >Operations: Actually, I find this very disturbing. How can we employ > someone who's an airhead?!! > >Birkoff: It gets worse, sir. The problem gets compounded as a result > of her hair color. Blond airheads are especially clueless. > >Madeline: Hmmm... So what you're saying is--we can lie to Nikita, > and she'll never suspect anything? > >Birkoff: That's correct. Although there may be brief periods of intense > temper tantrums, she has no capacity to remember anything, so I > predict we can milk this theme for at least two more seasons. > >Operations: This is wonderful news! Thank the lord for dingbat female > operatives! > >Madeline: I'm impressed with your findings, Birkoff. I say we all take > a break and go to Pizza Hut. My treat. > ><*Much rejoicing takes place*> > >Michael: I can't make it to the pizza party. If you will excuse me, > I'm on my way to seduce Nikita. > >----------- > >Ahmad > > > > >

1998-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

I bet if you ask Madeline she'd be glad to chain you down to keep you under control! : ) Suzita Claire wrote in message - snip - >> > Dammit...fingers itching...can't stop it......NO!!! > <goes to the spoiler site> > No! I didn't want to know! Ahhh!! > I'm gonna have to chain myself down next time. > > Claire > >-- > >Claire Martirosian >http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Academy/9355/ >"If you value your lives, be somewhere else!" --Delenn

1998-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (Eva <eyu@sfu.ca>)

Absolute goosebumps. CTV just rocks. I wonder what Maddy meant by ... well, never mind. When will the episode air in US/UK/Aus ? Can't wait to hear what others think about this new develpment. Eva (Another Canuck lurking in the shadows) On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Steph wrote: > > Hey, this is Steph in Montreal. > > They're showing NEW REGIME on the CTV network as I am posting this > message... > > My American friends, tell me what to do ! > > Do I post a spoiler, or not ??? > > How 'bout other Canadians ? Am I the only lucky one ? > > > > Steph ! > > > >

1998-02-11 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (bharwood@odyssey.on.ca)

Thanks for your kind words about your neighbours to the North, Tracy. Now if only our dollar were worth more than 50 cents in your dollars! Also, thanks for the tip on where to find complete spoilers: http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/7198/E.205.html I've been feeling kind of lost since Jeanette's spoilers are no longer available. Anyone know what happened to Jeanette? Brenda Harwood bharwood@odyssey.on.ca Brenda Harwood bharwood@odyssey.on.ca

1998-02-11 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (Claire <sparkle@voicenet.com>)

Tracy M. wrote: > > There is a New Regime spoiler up by a Canadian at: > http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/7198/E.205.html > Dammit...fingers itching...can't stop it......NO!!! <goes to the spoiler site> No! I didn't want to know! Ahhh!! I'm gonna have to chain myself down next time. Claire -- Claire Martirosian http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Academy/9355/ "If you value your lives, be somewhere else!" --Delenn

1998-02-13 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

Hey....what do you mean upper hand?! we just want to be a part of it tooooooo. Don't leave us and go to another newsgroup. This (I am sure) is just a test by Section and we must see if we are strong enough to withstand the temptation. And please don't send Madeline after us......that would be too much! After all, we ARE all in this together, no? Steph wrote in message <34e5185f.341433@news.total.net>... > >Well, fellow Canuck, let's start a new group : alt.fan.nikita ( no >"La Femme..." ). Americans will avoid it, thinking it has to do with >Kruschev ( as Neil said... ), and us Canucks can talk about the new >developments amongst ourselves .... ;-))) > >Naah... better just stick to this NG, with a know-it-all grin, just to >drive 'em crazy !!! We rarely get the upper hand on those guys ! > >;-)))) > >But seriously, I wonder when (or if) both countries will ever >re-synchronize. Those group-wide discussions after a new show are a >lot of fun. > > >Steph, > Provider of private e-mailed spoilers to american fans... > > >On Tue, 10 Feb 1998 12:58:02 -0800, Eva <eyu@sfu.ca> wrote: > >>Absolute goosebumps. CTV just rocks. >> >>I wonder what Maddy meant by ... well, never mind. >> >>When will the episode air in US/UK/Aus ? >> >>Can't wait to hear what others think about this new develpment. >> >>Eva >>(Another Canuck lurking in the shadows) >> >

1998-02-14 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (spigeon@total.net)

1998-02-14 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (litlellie@aol.com)

1998-02-14 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (Graham Murray <graham@barnowl.demon.co.uk>)

In article <34E0EA36.4CDD@marks.net>, "Tracy M." <nospam@marks.net> writes: > Canadians are going to get three new episodes before we do. > If they don't then hit a rerun season so we can catch up, > we may need to form separate newsgroups for Canada and the U.S. > Otherwise, we're going to have spoiler chaos...and many of > us won't be able to resist the temptation of reading. (Well, > you can do a file, save with your eyes closed so you > don't see what you're saving!) It is even worse for those of us in the UK where the first season has only just finished showing, and we do not know when (if at all) the second season will be shown. Why can't new episodes of TV shows with a worldwide following be shown at approximately the same time in all countries?

1998-02-14 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (slb1996@aol.com)

>But... can you resist this offer ? I'LL EMAIL A SPOILER TO WHOEVER >ASKS FOR IT !!!!!!!! Just "Post Reply via e-mail" with $50.00 .... >naah, just kidding ! ;-))))) I can't resist - I need spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sherry lynn who is tired of reruns - what ever happened to February sweeps?

1998-02-14 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - ("Drew J. Cornutt" <djcornutt@mindspring.com>)

BRAVO!! THAT WAS WONDERFUL!! Samantha Litlellie wrote: > > >Naah... better just stick to this NG, with a know-it-all grin, just to > >drive 'em crazy !!! We rarely get the upper hand on those guys > > Ha! Well I still have the upper hand because I have a copy of the special > Valentine's day script that was pulled from the line-up at the last minute due > to legal pressures! It is entitled "Tough Love" and here is a excerpt: > > [Michael and Birkoff are in Birkoff's area] > > Birkoff: So how did your big Valentine's date with Nikita go. > Michael: It didn't. > Birkoff: What do you mean? I thought you two patched things > up. > Michael: I thought so, too. But then when I showed up at her > place, she seemed upset. She accused me of 'trying to > buy her affections with a cheap box of candy I probably > picked up from a drugstore on the way over to her > place.' Then she really got catty. > Birkoff: How so? > Michael: She told me I was selfish and that I always put my career > ahead of our relationship. > Birkoff: Did you explain to her that your career IS your > relationship with her. [They laugh together ironically] > Michael: Birkoff, you kill me! > Birkoff: Maybe someday...but getting back to Nikita-- > Michael: She tells me that she wants our relationship to be a little > more equal. She wants me to comprimise. She tells me > that she be willing to accept my seducing other women > and ordering her to kill people and withholding > important information from her and just generally using > her as a pawn, as long as I do stuff for her; like opening > doors for her, and giving her more compliments, and > taking her out dancing at least once a month. > Birkoff: That doesn't sound like Nikita... you think someone > has brainwashed her? > Michael: You know, I never thought of that. She will be easy to > reprogram. Her skull is like this little blonde self-cleaning > oven... > Birkoff: But we must try to figure out who has gotten to her. I'll > run a level seven defribulating triple bypass > monitoring scan with an error ratio of one to the > seventeenth power over zero... Aha! Here is our > culprit! > [A 3d holograph of a book appear on the table. Birkoff > reads the title out loud] > Birkoff: "Men are From Mars, Woman are from Venus" by Dr. > John Gray, Phd. > [Birkoff and Michael exchange glances] > Michael: He must be stopped! > > Happy Valentine's day, everyone. >

1998-02-15 00:00:00 - Synchronized Airing Schedule--A Request to TPTB - (Susan Snee <susan@i-10.net>)

Graham Murray wrote in message ... >In article <34E0EA36.4CDD@marks.net>, "Tracy M." <nospam@marks.net> >writes: > >> Canadians are going to get three new episodes before we do. >> If they don't then hit a rerun season so we can catch up, >> we may need to form separate newsgroups for Canada and the U.S. >> Otherwise, we're going to have spoiler chaos...and many of >> us won't be able to resist the temptation of reading. (Well, >> you can do a file, save with your eyes closed so you >> don't see what you're saving!) > >It is even worse for those of us in the UK where the first season has >only just finished showing, and we do not know when (if at all) the >second season will be shown. Why can't new episodes of TV shows with a >worldwide following be shown at approximately the same time in all >countries? Does anyone with a background in the entertainment industry know if there is any way of getting the show's airing schedule synchronized, if not world wide at least between Canada and the US? Both USA Network and CTV have shown sensitivity to viewer requests in the past. USA changed Mercy for Simone in the February reruns when viewers pointed out how often Mercy was airing in a few weeks time. And CTV moved up the season premier by a week to coincide with the US premier after an email campaign. I believe that a synchronized schedule is something that all of the shows fans would get behind (at least the ones on the net :->). Is there some way to make this happen? Whom should we contact? Since it involves more than one network, is there someone with LFN or its distributor that would be willing to be liaison? Just a thought. It *would* make it better though. Susan <susan@i-10.net>

1998-02-15 00:00:00 - Re: Synchronized Airing Schedule--A Request to TPTB - (Karen Malloy <KarenMalloy@worldnet.att.net>)

Susan Snee writes: >>>Does anyone with a background in the entertainment industry know if there is any way of getting the show's airing schedule synchronized, if not world wide at least between Canada and the US?>>> I don't know if there is any way to get our networks synchronized or not, but it is getting harder and harder to remain spoil-free. Last season, it wasn't as hard because the USA Network would show reruns that I hadn't seen yet. But this season, since I have every episode from Season One on tape, there is nothing to look forward to. So naturally I want to know what is going on with the new shows. This is the e-mail address to CTV programming. I wrote them an e-mail and maybe if some of you do too, they might consider it. It's worth a try. programming@baton.com . *Glitter*

1998-02-15 00:00:00 - Re: Synchronized Airing Schedule--A Request to TPTB - (TweetySmith@webtv.net)

Does anyone have the addy for CTV - Email and snail mail? Would you please post it? Thanks Sharon Michael's dream therapist Code name/ Silvia "BAR KHALI-HAFNER LOTAN" (thank you for showing me your marvelous gun)

1998-02-16 00:00:00 - Re: Synchronized Airing Schedule--A Request to TPTB - (Karen Malloy <KarenMalloy@worldnet.att.net>)

Funny you should ask this, Sharon. I just posted this to the group yesterday. I sent them an e-mail and asked for them to try to synchronize their showings of the new episodes with the U.S. If they show Mandatory Refusal tonight, I will post this e-mail addy to the mailing list. Scorpio told me yesterday that she thinks that they will be showing Love in Canada where she is at. So we will see. Here is the addy = programming@baton.com . It's sure worth a try. *Glitter*

1998-02-16 00:00:00 - Re: Synchronized Airing Schedule--A Request to TPTB - (spigeon@total.net)

It might be worth a try. CTV don't seem to know themselves what to schedule next... one day they say rerun, one day they say new ep... Let's clarify things for them. I'll e-mail them. I encourage others to try. Steph, a Canuck willing to give up his privileges for the sake of this NG ;-) >Susan Snee writes: >>>>Does anyone with a background in the entertainment industry know if there >is >any way of getting the show's airing schedule synchronized, if not world >wide at least between Canada and the US?>>> > >I don't know if there is any way to get our networks synchronized or not, >but it is getting harder and harder to remain spoil-free. Last season, it >wasn't as hard because the USA Network would show reruns that I hadn't seen >yet. But this season, since I have every episode from Season One on tape, >there is nothing to look forward to. So naturally I want to know what is >going on with the new shows. > >This is the e-mail address to CTV programming. I wrote them an e-mail and >maybe if some of you do too, they might consider it. It's worth a try. >programming@baton.com . > >*Glitter* > >

1998-02-16 00:00:00 - Re: Synchronized Airing Schedule--A Request to TPTB - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

Steph...you are a real kind person to offer to give up the excitement of having first time showings before we see them. That is something we don't see much of...especially when it involves such anticipation on everyone's part. I would love to see the air times synched because I am having, still (even with GREAT eps like LOVE to watch), trouble keeping my eyes off the spoiler. But I will persevere no matter what the outcome of our attempts to get the schedules synchronized. Maybe Birkoff has something we can use to intercept and alter the episodes? Suzita Steph wrote in message <34e89911.14036638@news.total.net>... > >It might be worth a try. > >CTV don't seem to know themselves what to schedule next... one day >they say rerun, one day they say new ep... Let's clarify things for >them. > >I'll e-mail them. I encourage others to try. > >Steph, a Canuck willing to give up his privileges for the sake of this >NG ;-) > > >>Susan Snee writes: >>>>>Does anyone with a background in the entertainment industry know if there >>is >>any way of getting the show's airing schedule synchronized, if not world >>wide at least between Canada and the US?>>> >> >>I don't know if there is any way to get our networks synchronized or not, >>but it is getting harder and harder to remain spoil-free. Last season, it >>wasn't as hard because the USA Network would show reruns that I hadn't seen >>yet. But this season, since I have every episode from Season One on tape, >>there is nothing to look forward to. So naturally I want to know what is >>going on with the new shows. >> >>This is the e-mail address to CTV programming. I wrote them an e-mail and >>maybe if some of you do too, they might consider it. It's worth a try. >>programming@baton.com . >> >>*Glitter* >> >> >

1998-02-16 00:00:00 - Re: Synchronized Airing Schedule - ("Tracy M." <nospam@marks.net>)

After Glitter posted the address to write CTV about syncrhonizing scheduling I wrote to it, and got this response back almost immediately. I removed the email address of the writer, as it's not fair to her to post her address in a newsgroup.... > Received: from [207.176.163.242] (HELO baton.com) by mb1.mailbank.com > 0000_0139_34e8_b1e6_ef33; Mon, 16 Feb 1998 13:38:46 -0800 > Received: by gateway.baton.com id <35714>; Mon, 16 Feb 1998 16:25:41 -0500 Message-Id: <98Feb16.162541est.35714@gateway.baton.com> > From: Barbara Karadimos > Subject: RE: La Femme Nikita: Us and Canada > Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 16:38:14 -0500 > X-Mailer: Microsoft Exchange Server Internet Mail Connector > Dear Tracy: > > Thank you for your recent e-mail. > With regards to your request, please be advised that CTV does not have > any control over how viewers on other networks see the program. As > well, we would not have anything to do the scheduling of the program > on another network. > > We appreciate your comments. However, as a Canadian broadcaster, CTV > broadcasts the program the way we feel our Canadian audience would >like to see it, not to a select group of viewers on the Internet who >don't all watch our network. > > Thanks again for taking the time to write. > > Barb Karadimos > Batton/CTV Programming > >From: Tracy M. [SMTP:nospam@marks.net] > >Sent: Monday, February 16, 1998 5:28 AM > >To: programming@baton.com > >Subject: La Femme Nikita: Us and Canada > >Is there any way to synchronize the airings of La Femme Nikita > >in Canada with the U.S., so that the US and Canada operate on the >> same schedule? The La Femme Nikita newsgroups and mailing lists ----- Tracy Marks replace nospam in address with tracy This is my newsgroup-posting account; I try to discourage spam! WINDWEAVER Web Resources http://www.windweaver.com/ Top searching resources, guide, links Win95 manual and tips Webwinds Worldwide Web cameras http://www.geocities.com/~webwinds/

1998-02-16 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (rtruell@v-wave.com)

In article <6bommv$fio@bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>, "Karen Malloy" <KarenMalloy@worldnet.att.net> wrote: >This season, I was hoping that the U.S. and Canada would stay on the same >schedule. We know now, that is not going to happen. But, I vow to remain Not necessarily true...CTV's airing a repeat this week (can you say "Olympics"? I knew you could). I don't know the name of the episode, but I know I've seen it. That is, assuming that the information in TV Guide is correct...which isn't the best assumption in the world to make <grin>!! -- ********************************************************************* * Rick Fidonet - 1:342/42.8 Internet - rtruell@v-wave.com * *********************************************************************

1998-02-16 00:00:00 - Re: NEW REGIME !!! - (rtruell@v-wave.com)

In article <19980214185201.NAA19121@ladder02.news.aol.com>, slb1996@aol.com (SLB1996) wrote: >sherry lynn who is tired of reruns - what ever happened to February sweeps? The Olympic games. -- ********************************************************************* * Rick Fidonet - 1:342/42.8 Internet - rtruell@v-wave.com * *********************************************************************

1998-02-17 00:00:00 - Re: Synchronized Airing Schedule - (delipha@aol.com)

A select group of viewers on the internet that don't all watch our network???? Who do you think your fans are? Those of us who don't watch it on your network live too far away to get it on our sets!!!! So I am so happy to hear that you feel that our votes should not be counted. Sorry for the constructive criticism. That response rings of "what can you do for me?" Perhaps it was just not worded graciously since we don't all watch that network and don't rate.

1998-02-17 00:00:00 - Mandatory Refusal [was Re: NEW REGIME !!!] - (Eva <eyu@sfu.ca>)

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Rick Truell wrote: > In article <6bommv$fio@bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>, > "Karen Malloy" <KarenMalloy@worldnet.att.net> wrote: > >This season, I was hoping that the U.S. and Canada would stay on the same > >schedule. We know now, that is not going to happen. But, I vow to remain > > Not necessarily true...CTV's airing a repeat this week (can you say > "Olympics"? I knew you could). I don't know the name of the episode, but I > know I've seen it. That is, assuming that the information in TV Guide is > correct...which isn't the best assumption in the world to make <grin>!! TV Guide should never be trusted! *Not quite enough info to be a spoiler but just in case ...* * M A N D A T O R Y * R E F U S A L * * * * * * * * * * * * I wonder where they are going with the character developments. I am very torned. On the one hand, the incurable romantic in me loved the episode not for Nikita/Michael but for Ops/Maddy. On the other hand, the fan in me is still gasping from the huge leap the show has made ... for a second, I thought it was a soap opera! Romantic: kudos to ops ... I could have sworn he had tears in his eyes all through the episode. Fan: great, another Melrose in progress. Indecisively yours, Eva