FLM films - My Webpage

1999-09-20 00:00:00 - the 1984 and on borrowed time parallel - (Andrea Superstar <hi-tech@ica.net>)

for those whom have read George Orwell's 1984, I think you will see a parallel with the plot in 1984 and the the plot left off from the Nikita episode of "On Borrowed TIme First the whole love affair between Michael and Nikita, they are stopped by Section one, in 1984, Winston and Julia are caught and stopped by the Party. Then when Maddy traps Nikita, she gets brainwashed (or whatever that was), in 1984, the same happens to Julia. At the end of the episode, you find that Nikita and Michael meet, but no sparks are happening because all the recollection of why she loves Michael is missing. In 1984, Julia and Winston meet again, however their relationship is no longer existent, it was as though it never happened. God, funny that I would draw such a parallel even though i didn't really appreciate 1984 when i was studying it in school. What do you think, any more parallels? Just kill me if the relationship between Michael and Nikita seclude to the conclusion in 1984. it would be so depressing.

1999-09-22 00:00:00 - Re: the 1984 and on borrowed time parallel - ("news.bright.net" <moxil@bright.net>)

There is a Whole discusion of this and more like Lord Byron and "Clockwork Orange" on ljc's message board. http://ljc.simplenet.com/nikita/nikita It is on the second or maybe the 3rd page-look for "Clockwork Orange and/or Laura in the message title. Andrea Superstar wrote in message <37E6EF87.6A0F5257@ica.net>... >for those whom have read George Orwell's 1984, I think you will see a >parallel with the plot in 1984 and the the plot left off from the Nikita >episode of "On Borrowed TIme > >First the whole love affair between Michael and Nikita, they are stopped >by Section one, in 1984, Winston and Julia are caught and stopped by the >Party. Then when Maddy traps Nikita, she gets brainwashed (or whatever >that was), in 1984, the same happens to Julia. At the end of the >episode, you find that Nikita and Michael meet, but no sparks are >happening because all the recollection of why she loves Michael is >missing. In 1984, Julia and Winston meet again, however their >relationship is no longer existent, it was as though it never happened. > >God, funny that I would draw such a parallel even though i didn't really >appreciate 1984 when i was studying it in school. What do you think, any >more parallels? Just kill me if the relationship between Michael and >Nikita seclude to the conclusion in 1984. it would be so depressing. >