FLM films - My Webpage

1999-01-25 00:00:00 - Re: GOH spoiler - (Karla <brad_karla_tyler@xxxemail.msn.com>)

darsy wrote in message <36AC0E67.682E@pathfindermail.com>... Karla wrote: > > isabelle wrote in message <36AC114A.43E5@cybercable.fr>... > What if... > spoiler space > > ...birkoff had made a copy of the disk and was just waiting for the > right time to use it. > isa > I thought that too. I kept waiting for Walter and Birkoff to see Ops > get the thingy (What exactly is that thing anyway?) out after Birkoff locked > it up, then to approach him saying that they had made a copy. I knew Ops > was bluffing as soon as he was saying it. BTW, does anyone else find it > hard to believe that Walter and Birkoff are so irreplaceable that they could > blackmail Ops without being canceled for their efforts? > Karla This is one of the things that bothered me about this ep. I felt that Walter and Birkoff came accross real lame to have gone to Ops in the first place. I could see them saving the info just in case they needed leverage down the line, however they came across very childish the way that it played out. I hope something develops down the road to make it ok in my mind. Birkoff and Walter have always seemed so intelligent to me, this just made them look dumb. Another thing that bothered me was how beautiful Nikita looked after she got back to Section after being beaten. Wow, where were the bruises? darsy I noticed this too Darsy. I'd like to know what line of cosmetics she is using. <g> Karla

Silvrsharp wrote in message <19990125080212.18890.00002912@ng40.aol.com>... BTW, does anyone else find it hard to believe that Walter and Birkoff are so irreplaceable that they could blackmail Ops without being canceled for their efforts? Karla No, not hard to believe at all. We know that even level 2 ops need to be cleared with Oversight for Operations to cancel them. Can you imagine Operations going to George and saying, "uhh, I want to cancel Walter and Birkoff. Why? Oh, well they got their hands on some info that would make you want to have me stuffed and mounted..." sharp Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about that pesky Oversight. <g> Darn him for meddling in the World of Ops anyway. Good point Sharp. Karla

Paleoanth wrote in message <19990125082639.16537.00002370@ng24.aol.com>... >BTW, does anyone else find it >hard to believe that Walter and Birkoff are so irreplaceable that they could >blackmail Ops without being canceled for their efforts? > Karla > >No, not hard to believe at all. We know that even level 2 ops need to be >cleared with Oversight for Operations to cancel them. Can you imagine >Operations going to George and saying, "uhh, I want to cancel Walter and >Birkoff. Why? Oh, well they got their hands on some info that would make >you >want to have me stuffed and mounted..." > >sharp Operations and Madeline had a conversation about possibly canceling Birkoff in LFM. Operations stated that he could not be replaced-so that, I am sure had a lot to do with it. Walter has been in Section since the Adrian days and is also irreplaceable. I thought it was funny that they got grounded for six months! Reminds me of my childhood. I kept thinking that Birky or Walter would use that leverage to get Operations to back off on Nikita and Michael. Especially after that scene with Walter and Nikita and Nikita with Birky. I was a bit disappointed that they would use this for selfish reasons. I really liked this ep. PW, AW and RD gave just excellent performances. THey deserve Emmys for this ep. Paleoanth The same thought crossed my mind too. That would have been kewl if Walter and Birkoff had used the information to help their friends. Karla

1999-01-25 00:00:00 - Re: GOH spoiler - (silvrsharp@aol.com)

1999-01-25 00:00:00 - Re: GOH spoiler - (darsy <darsy@pathfindermail.com>)

1999-01-25 00:00:00 - Re: GOH spoiler - (Gail <traveler@javanet.com>)

In an earlier episode ops said they needed Birkoff but thought they could control him and that the others could be replaced. Walter is a gadget man and can be replaced Silvrsharp wrote in message <19990125080212.18890.00002912@ng40.aol.com>... >BTW, does anyone else find it >hard to believe that Walter and Birkoff are so irreplaceable that they could >blackmail Ops without being canceled for their efforts? > Karla > >No, not hard to believe at all. We know that even level 2 ops need to be >cleared with Oversight for Operations to cancel them. Can you imagine >Operations going to George and saying, "uhh, I want to cancel Walter and >Birkoff. Why? Oh, well they got their hands on some info that would make you >want to have me stuffed and mounted..." > >sharp

1999-01-25 00:00:00 - Re: GOH spoiler - (paleoanth@aol.com)

1999-01-25 00:00:00 - GOH spoiler - (isabelle <kadyn@cybercable.fr>)

What if... spoiler space ...birkoff had made a copy of the disk and was just waiting for the right time to use it. isa

1999-01-25 00:00:00 - Re: GOH spoiler - (Karla <brad_karla_tyler@xxxemail.msn.com>)

isabelle wrote in message <36AC114A.43E5@cybercable.fr>... What if... spoiler space ...birkoff had made a copy of the disk and was just waiting for the right time to use it. isa I thought that too. I kept waiting for Walter and Birkoff to see Ops get the thingy (What exactly is that thing anyway?) out after Birkoff locked it up, then to approach him saying that they had made a copy. I knew Ops was bluffing as soon as he was saying it. BTW, does anyone else find it hard to believe that Walter and Birkoff are so irreplaceable that they could blackmail Ops without being canceled for their efforts? Karla

1999-01-26 00:00:00 - Re: GOH spoiler - ("Lynn S. Goodrich" <goodrich@pop.flash.net>)

Karla wrote: > > darsy wrote in message <36AC0E67.682E@pathfindermail.com>... > Karla wrote: > > > > isabelle wrote in message <36AC114A.43E5@cybercable.fr>... > > What if... > > spoiler space > > > > ...birkoff had made a copy of the disk and was just waiting for > the > > right time to use it. > > isa > > I thought that too. I kept waiting for Walter and Birkoff to see > Ops > > get the thingy (What exactly is that thing anyway?) out after Birkoff > locked > > it up, then to approach him saying that they had made a copy. I knew > Ops > > was bluffing as soon as he was saying it. BTW, does anyone else find > it > > hard to believe that Walter and Birkoff are so irreplaceable that they > could > > blackmail Ops without being canceled for their efforts? > > Karla > > This is one of the things that bothered me about this ep. I felt that > Walter and Birkoff came accross real lame to have gone to Ops in the > first place. I could see them saving the info just in case they needed > leverage down the line, however they came across very childish the way > that it played out. I hope something develops down the road to make > it ok in my mind. Birkoff and Walter have always seemed so intelligent > to me, this just made them look dumb. Another thing that bothered me > was how beautiful Nikita looked after she got back to Section after > being beaten. Wow, where were the bruises? > > darsy > I noticed this too Darsy. I'd like to know what line of cosmetics she > is using. <g> > Karla Actually, this whole scenario seemed out of character to me. Walter has been around a long time and not to catch on to Ops bluff! Even I saw that one. And Birkoff - he either knows his computer or he doesn't. Can't see him standing up to Ops like he did and then give in so quickly here! Plus, neither of them thought to make a back up? Lynn G.

1999-01-27 00:00:00 - Re: GOH spoiler - (catnap <catnap@cjnetworks.com>)

Karla wrote in message ... > > isabelle wrote in message <36AC114A.43E5@cybercable.fr>... > What if... > spoiler space > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ...birkoff had made a copy of the disk and was just waiting for the > right time to use it. > isa > I thought that too. I kept waiting for Walter and Birkoff to see Ops >get the thingy (What exactly is that thing anyway?) out after Birkoff locked >it up, then to approach him saying that they had made a copy. I knew Ops >was bluffing as soon as he was saying it. The THINGY is a Data File BTW, does anyone else find it >hard to believe that Walter and Birkoff are so irreplaceable that they could >blackmail Ops without being canceled for their efforts? Ops has said in the past that Birkoff would be too hard to replace and he has also said that Walter has been here since HE got there and he wouldn't want to lose him. Soooooo I suspect the answere is NO, I don't find it hard to believe. They both are sort of 'institutions' in Section - at least as close as one can come in a place like that. Just my opinion, ya know.............but I'm stickin' to it!! <g> catnap

1999-01-27 00:00:00 - Re: GOH spoiler - ("Diane C. Genthner" <GENTHNER@Maine.edu>)

Do you suppose... That Birkoff made a copy, and *that* was what he planted back in the archive? Keeping the original? (Or, even better, planted something incomplete, or with a program that pops up and goes "Ha-ha, fooled you!") At first, I thought W and B had made a rash, foolish mistake. But they know about conspiracies inside conspiracies... And, BTW, I'm waiting for the day when Michael and Maddy get fed up, and drag Ops off to Maddy's little interrogation chamber...maybe inviting the Twins along to play...The way he's been acting lately, I don't think either Michael or Maddy would need much of a push. Diane Genthner Mail: genthner@maine.edu Home Page:HTTP://maine.maine.edu/~genthner/index.html Live the life you've dreamed of.

1999-01-28 00:00:00 - Re: GOH spoiler - (believer14@hotmail.com)

We don't really know what they wanted...Operations didn't let them get into it. Elise In article <19990125082639.16537.00002370@ng24.aol.com>, paleoanth@aol.com (Paleoanth) wrote: > >BTW, does anyone else find it > >hard to believe that Walter and Birkoff are so irreplaceable that they could > >blackmail Ops without being canceled for their efforts? > > Karla > > > >No, not hard to believe at all. We know that even level 2 ops need to be > >cleared with Oversight for Operations to cancel them. Can you imagine > >Operations going to George and saying, "uhh, I want to cancel Walter and > >Birkoff. Why? Oh, well they got their hands on some info that would make > >you > >want to have me stuffed and mounted..." > > > >sharp > > Operations and Madeline had a conversation about possibly canceling Birkoff in > LFM. Operations stated that he could not be replaced-so that, I am sure had a > lot to do with it. Walter has been in Section since the Adrian days and is > also irreplaceable. I thought it was funny that they got grounded for six > months! Reminds me of my childhood. > > I kept thinking that Birky or Walter would use that leverage to get Operations > to back off on Nikita and Michael. Especially after that scene with Walter and > Nikita and Nikita with Birky. I was a bit disappointed that they would use > this for selfish reasons. > > I really liked this ep. PW, AW and RD gave just excellent performances. THey > deserve Emmys for this ep. > > Paleoanth > > -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

1999-01-31 00:00:00 - Re: GOH spoiler - (Karla <brad_karla_tyler@xxxemail.msn.com>)

catnap wrote in message ... Karla wrote in message ... > > isabelle wrote in message <36AC114A.43E5@cybercable.fr>... > What if... > spoiler space > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ...birkoff had made a copy of the disk and was just waiting for the > right time to use it. > isa > I thought that too. I kept waiting for Walter and Birkoff to see Ops >get the thingy (What exactly is that thing anyway?) out after Birkoff locked >it up, then to approach him saying that they had made a copy. I knew Ops >was bluffing as soon as he was saying it. The THINGY is a Data File BTW, does anyone else find it >hard to believe that Walter and Birkoff are so irreplaceable that they could >blackmail Ops without being canceled for their efforts? Ops has said in the past that Birkoff would be too hard to replace and he has also said that Walter has been here since HE got there and he wouldn't want to lose him. Soooooo I suspect the answere is NO, I don't find it hard to believe. They both are sort of 'institutions' in Section - at least as close as one can come in a place like that. Just my opinion, ya know.............but I'm stickin' to it!! <g> catnap OIC Thanks for the Intel catnap. <BG> Karla

1999-02-04 00:00:00 - Re: GOH spoiler - (NikitaFan <NikitaFan@aol.com>)

Karla wrote: BTW, does anyone else find it hard to believe that Walter and Birkoff are so irreplaceable that they could blackmail Ops without being canceled for their efforts? Actually, (IMHO) I don't think it's a question of their being irreplaceable. I just don't think that Operations sees them as a threat. They are easily intimidated and brought back "in line". They believed his "bluff" didn't they? (Did you SEE the look on poor Walter's face when Operations said to "keep it"? His face almost literally FELL OFF!!! <grin> If anyone on that show just deserves a good long cuddly-type bear hug...it's Walter. (Birkoff too - but Birkoff didn't get married then have his wife sent on a suicide mission!) <sigh> --Lauren

1999-02-05 00:00:00 - Re: GOH spoiler - (LZHU24A@prodigy.com)

Yeah, but Walter's been in Section a long time and should not be so easily intimidated. He knows what goes on around there. I thought it a little silly that he would jump so fast to bring this intel to Op's. He should have said let's hang on to this a while and make sure it's not a set-up and carefully plan what we should do with it. I think he kind of lead Birkhoff in to the lion's gate when it wasn't necessary. Just MHO. Lenore...suffering from LFN withdrawl. NikitaFan <NikitaFan@aol.com> wrote: > > > >Karla wrote: > >BTW, does anyone else find it hard to believe that Walter and Birkoff are so >irreplaceable that they could blackmail Ops without being canceled for their >efforts? > > >Actually, (IMHO) I don't think it's a question of their being irreplaceable. I >just don't think that Operations sees them as a threat. They are easily >intimidated and brought back "in line". They believed his "bluff" didn't they? >(Did you SEE the look on poor Walter's face when Operations said to "keep it"? >His face almost literally FELL OFF!!! <grin> >If anyone on that show just deserves a good long cuddly-type bear hug... it's >Walter. (Birkoff too - but Birkoff didn't get married then have his wife sent >on a suicide mission!) ><sigh> >--Lauren