FLM films - My Webpage

1999-04-26 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (Cheryl Olds <clo348@worldnet.att.net>)

I don't think so, though it did cross my mind. The section was just using her feelings for him to manipulate her (again). Cheryl ***** Tante Joan <tante1@airmail.net> wrote in message news:90DEAE07BF977763.5CB2EE52B419F9F3.1914A83E9FF924F3@library-proxy.airnew s.net... > So Nikita's been manipulated to fall in love with TerrorGuy because of > her feelings for Michael. After she notices the subliminal messages > in her apartment, are we to believe that she has been manipulated by > Section into loving Michael, as well? > TJ

1999-04-26 00:00:00 - Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (tante1@airmail.net)

So Nikita's been manipulated to fall in love with TerrorGuy because of her feelings for Michael. After she notices the subliminal messages in her apartment, are we to believe that she has been manipulated by Section into loving Michael, as well? TJ

1999-04-26 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@pacbell.net>)

That was the implication I got. Colin Tante Joan wrote in message <90DEAE07BF977763.5CB2EE52B419F9F3.1914A83E9FF924F3@library-proxy.airnews.ne t>... >So Nikita's been manipulated to fall in love with TerrorGuy because of >her feelings for Michael. After she notices the subliminal messages >in her apartment, are we to believe that she has been manipulated by >Section into loving Michael, as well? >TJ

1999-04-26 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (Melody <migas3@midwest.net>)

Or to fall in love with the art work or apartment? -- You can't start the game over, this is real. Tante Joan wrote in message <90DEAE07BF977763.5CB2EE52B419F9F3.1914A83E9FF924F3@library-proxy.airnews.ne t>... >So Nikita's been manipulated to fall in love with TerrorGuy because of >her feelings for Michael. After she notices the subliminal messages >in her apartment, are we to believe that she has been manipulated by >Section into loving Michael, as well? >TJ

1999-04-26 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (granvia@aol.comlong)

I wondered about that as well, but when you listen again to the tape, Section had been doing tests with the subliminal experiment for about a year. Not that Nikita had been used as a test subject for that time. Operations asked Madeline whether they had a beta tester ready when she mentioned the experimentation, and she said yes, then fade to Nikita. So, I don't believe that any actual "field" experimentation was done with her until Carl came along, i.e., made her fall in love with Michael. That happened year one of her own free will. G > But they did use Michael as a trigger to make her fall in love with the scumbag, who got his just desserts. > So Nikita's been manipulated to fall in love with TerrorGuy because of >her feelings for Michael. After she notices the subliminal messages >in her apartment, are we to believe that she has been manipulated by >Section into loving Michael, as well? >TJ > Co-Webster of the LFN Our NGer Gang.(L.O.N.G.) A page for, by, and about the alt.tv & alt.fan Newsgroups denizens. http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/4458

1999-04-26 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (Chris Touhey <ctouhey@CUTonramp.net>)

Tante Joan wrote: > So Nikita's been manipulated to fall in love with TerrorGuy because of > her feelings for Michael. After she notices the subliminal messages > in her apartment, are we to believe that she has been manipulated by > Section into loving Michael, as well? > TJ I interpreted the apartment scene as the residual effects of the drug and her programming (acute and assignment-related psychosis). How Nikita took it, of course, is an entirely different matter... (My speculation is that she may simply have been hallucinating; if subliminal coding did actually exist in the artwork, it was there simply to test the duration of the programming.) She certainly has been manipulated since coming into Section, and it was clear in earlier episodes that Michael was ordered to create a dependent relationship that would allow for manipulation. What, if any, genuine feelings may have developed as Michael carried out his directive is the subject of endless speculation (and fun). Chris

1999-04-27 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (anon@nospam.com)

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999 12:52:54 -0700, "Melody" <migas3@midwest.net> wrote: >Or to fall in love with the art work or apartment? LOL.

1999-04-27 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (kynthelig@aol.com)

1999-04-27 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (MacLeod <rkaprows@telusplanet.net>)

Kynthelig wrote in message <19990426231631.28083.00002124@ng37.aol.com>... >>(My speculation is that she may simply have been hallucinating; if >>subliminal coding did actually exist in the artwork, it was there simply >>to test the duration of the programming.) > >I agree with this. I do not believe that Michael's face was in the painting all >along, if it was there at all, and that the alteration was another phase of the >beta whatchamacallit. > >>What, if any, genuine >>feelings may have developed as Michael carried out his directive is the >>subject of endless speculation (and fun). If his feelings are genuine then perhaps section is using Nikita as a tool to control Michael. Operations and Madeline stated in the opening arc that Michael was difficult to manage, maybe Nikita is the way they manage him, just as they use him to manage her

1999-04-27 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (kynthelig@aol.com)

>If his feelings are genuine then perhaps section is using Nikita as a >tool to control Michael. Operations and Madeline stated in the opening arc >that Michael was difficult to manage, maybe Nikita is the way they manage >him, just as they use him to manage her Hmm...that's an interesting take on it. Ops and Maddie would then have to consider it worth the sacrifice to know that Michael will on occasion lie and be underhanded in order to save Nikita. They did see after Mercy what Michael is like when not held in check by Nikita, and so they are willing to accept the compromise. Or perhaps they depend on him to be predictable once in a while just as they depend on Nikita to be predictable. Definitely food for thought, Mac. Kyn "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society." - Mark Twain

1999-04-27 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (Jaida <rich@sprintmail.com>)

But Nikita is in a different apartment now, new since she returned to section at the beginning of season 2, and after the love boat. Jaida Tante Joan wrote in message <90DEAE07BF977763.5CB2EE52B419F9F3.1914A83E9FF924F3@library-proxy.airnews.ne t>... >So Nikita's been manipulated to fall in love with TerrorGuy because of >her feelings for Michael. After she notices the subliminal messages >in her apartment, are we to believe that she has been manipulated by >Section into loving Michael, as well? >TJ

1999-04-27 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (platt96@aol.com)

i think she was already in love with Michael and section is now using that!! Rosemary

1999-04-27 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (Karl and Karen Horvath <KHORVATH@bc.sympatico.ca>)

Another example of Michael's affection of Nikita and willingness to circumvent Op's authority is in the opening arc of season 3 where Ops is trying to have Nikita cancelled and Michael tells Maddy to call of the mission or he'll destroy Section (I wonder what it is that he has over them? It must be something big, otherwise Ops and Maddy would just disregard it.) Kynthelig wrote: > >If his feelings are genuine then perhaps section is using Nikita as a > >tool to control Michael. Operations and Madeline stated in the opening arc > >that Michael was difficult to manage, maybe Nikita is the way they manage > >him, just as they use him to manage her > > Hmm...that's an interesting take on it. Ops and Maddie would then have to > consider it worth the sacrifice to know that Michael will on occasion lie and > be underhanded in order to save Nikita. They did see after Mercy what Michael > is like when not held in check by Nikita, and so they are willing to accept the > compromise. Or perhaps they depend on him to be predictable once in a while > just as they depend on Nikita to be predictable. > Definitely food for thought, Mac. > > Kyn > > "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society." > - Mark Twain

1999-04-28 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (Gabriela <gcastagnino@rocketmail.com>)

Karl and Karen Horvath wrote: >Another example of Michael's affection of Nikita and willingness to circumvent Op's >authority is in the opening arc of season 3 where Ops is trying to have Nikita >cancelled and Michael tells Maddy to call of the mission or he'll destroy Section >(I wonder what it is that he has over them? It must be something big, otherwise >Ops and Maddy would just disregard it.) He was going to tell George that *his* dear Adrian had been canceled by Ops and Maddie. Something that George wouldn't like to hear .... Gabie -- Co-webmistress of LFN Our NGer Gang L.O.N.G. page at http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/4458

1999-04-28 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (Gabriela <gcastagnino@rocketmail.com>)

>>If his feelings are genuine then perhaps section is using Nikita as a >>tool to control Michael. Operations and Madeline stated in the opening arc >>that Michael was difficult to manage, maybe Nikita is the way they manage >>him, just as they use him to manage her > >Hmm...that's an interesting take on it. Ops and Maddie would then have to >consider it worth the sacrifice to know that Michael will on occasion lie and >be underhanded in order to save Nikita. They did see after Mercy what Michael >is like when not held in check by Nikita, and so they are willing to accept the >compromise. Or perhaps they depend on him to be predictable once in a while >just as they depend on Nikita to be predictable. >Definitely food for thought, Mac. > >Kyn It's part of the *rewards and punishments* policy Ops seems to like. After all, M&N have been having them since season 1, but they always performed to Section's standards and completed the mission. Gabie -- Co-webmistress of LFN Our NGer Gang L.O.N.G. page at http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/4458

1999-04-29 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (krl@psn.net)

tante1@airmail.net (Tante Joan) wrote: >So Nikita's been manipulated to fall in love with TerrorGuy because of >her feelings for Michael. After she notices the subliminal messages >in her apartment, are we to believe that she has been manipulated by >Section into loving Michael, as well? >TJ Wow, gotta admit that I never considered that possibility. What did strike me as odd though was the idea that the subliminal messages in the artwork were real and not a result of the drugs. In one of the Jurgen episodes we see Nikita tearing up her apartment to redecorate; I would have thought she would have put all that artwork up herself. Or do you think Section secretly replaced it? Kathy

1999-04-29 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (jlg9681@aol.com)

::de-lurks for a moment:: Just an odd thought: Ok, now i was thinking about this ep and you know how Ops asked if they had a beta tester ready, then faded to nikita? Now, i honestly dont know but, does alpha come before beta? (like the alphabet A.. B.. etc?) The only reason i ask this is because when nikita was destroying all the artwork at the end, someone say "alpha test complete".. no? perhaps the alpha test was a lesser degree of mind control, while the beta testing completely wiped out his memory (or was supposed to...?). I dont know. this is just an odd thought i had (and i have many of them). just food for thought. JLG9681@aol.com <<<I wondered about that as well, but when you listen again to the tape, Section had been doing tests with the subliminal experiment for about a year. Not that Nikita had been used as a test subject for that time. Operations asked Madeline whether they had a beta tester ready when she mentioned the experimentation, and she said yes, then fade to Nikita. So, I don't believe that any actual "field" experimentation was done with her until Carl came along, i.e., made her fall in love with Michael. That happened year one of her own free will. G > But they did use Michael as a trigger to make her fall in love with the scumbag, who got his just desserts. > So Nikita's been manipulated to fall in love with TerrorGuy because of >her feelings for Michael. After she notices the subliminal messages >in her apartment, are we to believe that she has been manipulated by >Section into loving Michael, as well? >TJ >>>>

1999-04-29 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@pacbell.net>)

In computer software, beta test software has been been released to outsiders for their testing, while alpha testing is entirely in house. Given that, unless the people conducting the test was another intelligence agency other than Section One (Section Two, perhaps?) the use of the term "beta" seems to me to be an error. Colin JLG9681 wrote in message <19990429164657.07841.00000146@ng-cr1.aol.com>... >::de-lurks for a moment:: > >Just an odd thought: > > > > > >Ok, now i was thinking about this ep and you know how Ops asked if they had a >beta tester ready, then faded to nikita? Now, i honestly dont know but, does >alpha come before beta? (like the alphabet A.. B.. etc?) The only reason i >ask this is because when nikita was destroying all the artwork at the end, >someone say "alpha test complete".. no? perhaps the alpha test was a lesser >degree of mind control, while the beta testing completely wiped out his memory >(or was supposed to...?). I dont know. this is just an odd thought i had (and i >have many of them). just food for thought. >JLG9681@aol.com > ><<<I wondered about that as well, but when you listen again to the tape, >Section >had been doing tests with the subliminal experiment for about a year. Not that >Nikita had been used as a test subject for that time. > >Operations asked Madeline whether they had a beta tester ready when she >mentioned the experimentation, and she said yes, then fade to Nikita. > >So, I don't believe that any actual "field" experimentation was done with her >until Carl came along, i.e., made her fall in love with Michael. That happened >year one of her own free will. > >G > But they did use Michael as a trigger to make her fall in love with the >scumbag, who got his just desserts. > >> So Nikita's been manipulated to fall in love with TerrorGuy because of >>her feelings for Michael. After she notices the subliminal messages >>in her apartment, are we to believe that she has been manipulated by >>Section into loving Michael, as well? >>TJ >>>>>

1999-04-30 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (Jeremy <jeremy@exit109.com>)

Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote: > In computer software, beta test software has been been released to > outsiders for their testing, while alpha testing is entirely in house. That's not necessarily the case. If software is never going to be released to outsiders, then the beta will be in-house as well (as is the case for much of the silly stuff I write). And I've seen public alpha tests. In fact, the newsreader I'm using is still considered an alpha test, but it's available to the public. The alpha test is the first round of tests, the beta is the second. Generally, the difference is that in alpha, the interface is not considered stable, the features may be incomplete or subject to change, and in general nothing is set in stone and anything can be modified. You're testing to see what features to include or how the thing should work. In beta, all the features are implemented, the interface is defined and stable, and you're testing to work out the bugs in what you've already implemented; you don't change the existing features or interface in beta. -- Jeremy | jeremy@exit109.com "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" --Buffy

1999-04-30 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@pacbell.net>)

Thank you for that clarification. Colin Jeremy wrote in message <7gcqm8$jnm$1@east44.supernews.com>... >Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote: > >> In computer software, beta test software has been been released to >> outsiders for their testing, while alpha testing is entirely in house. > >That's not necessarily the case. If software is never going to be >released to outsiders, then the beta will be in-house as well (as is >the case for much of the silly stuff I write). And I've seen public >alpha tests. In fact, the newsreader I'm using is still considered >an alpha test, but it's available to the public. > >The alpha test is the first round of tests, the beta is the second. >Generally, the difference is that in alpha, the interface is not >considered stable, the features may be incomplete or subject to change, >and in general nothing is set in stone and anything can be modified. >You're testing to see what features to include or how the thing should >work. In beta, all the features are implemented, the interface is >defined and stable, and you're testing to work out the bugs in what >you've already implemented; you don't change the existing features or >interface in beta. > >-- >Jeremy | jeremy@exit109.com >"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" --Buffy

1999-05-04 00:00:00 - Re: UTI - ending - (lbladel@aol.com)

>I interpreted the apartment scene as the residual effects of the drug and >her programming (acute and assignment-related psychosis). How Nikita took >it, of course, is an entirely different matter... > >>(My speculation is that she may simply have been hallucinating; if >subliminal coding did actually exist in the artwork, it was there simply >to test the duration of the programming.) The fact that she appeared to be looking for messages (whether there or not) signified that she was on her way back to her old self. That would be the end of the test, then. Laura

1999-05-05 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (janymarple@aol.com)

Nikita loves Michael and that is why they used his face to get Nikita to make love to Carl,(the terrorist). I think the only reason Michael went along with this is because he knew that Nikita would have a better chance of surviving if Carl thought that Nikita really loved him. Of course that's what really happens. Carl killed his brother before his brother killed Nikita. Carl really must have felt something for Nikita. When Carl finally figured out the truth it was too late. Michael killed Carl for many reasons. Of course on the surface, he killed Carl before Carl killed Nikita. Also, he killed Carl because he made love to Nikita. { Michael is really possessive of Nikita} I hope you get it now..

1999-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: Explain it to Me, Please, Like I'm a 6-year old - (Gabriela <gcastagnino@rocketmail.com>)

Maybe Carl was also conditioned into loving Nikita the same way Nikita was into loving him.... And I'm not talking of pictures of Michael here ;-P Gabie, who needs no conditioning :-D -- Co-webmistress of LFN Our NGer Gang L.O.N.G. page at http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/4458 JanyMarple wrote: >Nikita loves Michael and that is why they used his face to get Nikita to make >love to Carl,(the terrorist). I think the only reason Michael went along with >this is because he knew that Nikita would have a better chance of surviving if >Carl thought that Nikita really loved him. Of course that's what really >happens. Carl killed his brother before his brother killed Nikita. Carl >really must have felt something for Nikita. When Carl finally figured out the >truth it was too late. Michael killed Carl for many reasons. Of course on the >surface, he killed Carl before Carl killed Nikita. Also, he killed Carl >because he made love to Nikita. { Michael is really possessive of Nikita} I >hope you get it now..