FLM films - My Webpage

2002-04-23 21:27:16-05:00 - 24 tonight - (Shillelagh <sdennis@escape.ca>)

Aaaaaaaaargh. It gets less and less exciting every week. I used to sit glued on my couch with my heart pounding. Now I sit there wondering what stupid thing they'll do next. The only believeable part is the typical government way of doing things, waiting for approval before sending in a tactical squad, etc etc. The only thing I'm wondering about now is - who is the additional contact for Drazen at CTU? The final straw was the car crashing into the police car carrying Kim (the daughter) back to CTU. Bleeeaaahhh. Oh well, I'm sure the show will be renewed, so they can't kill Bauer, and there are only 4 hours left in the day.... so it'll all be over soon. Shelagh

2002-04-24 11:31:49+00:00 - Re: 24 tonight - (lsking@toast.net)

>Oh well, I'm sure the show will be renewed, so they can't kill Bauer, and >there are only 4 hours left in the day.... so it'll all be over soon. That's sort of how I feel these days. I've watched every episode from the beginning, but mostly with half my attention. I'm looking forward to the end so I can check out Smallville. Heh. Next year, and despite the show's title, I think they should shorten their arcs. Maybe a 12 and a 12 or three 4s. It is extremely difficult to sustain momentum over a 24 hour arc.

2002-04-24 23:02:36-07:00 - Re: 24 tonight - (AZ-KittyMama@webtv.net)

This 4/23 episode certainly showed that CTU personnel - especially Bauer and George - are not Section One material. A Section operative would have cancelled Draiven in that bunker hallway, knowing Lou Diamond Phillips would be a goner either way. And George, whining about who would be held responsible!! Operations would be somersaulting in his grave. AZ

2002-04-25 08:03:41-07:00 - Re: 24 tonight - (Colin Whipple <colinwNSPM@power.net>)

<AZ-KittyMama@webtv.net> wrote in message news:23423-3CC79BFC-108@storefull-2237.public.lawson.webtv.net... > This 4/23 episode certainly showed that CTU personnel - especially Bauer > and George - are not Section One material. A Section operative would > have cancelled Draiven in that bunker hallway, knowing Lou Diamond > Phillips would be a goner either way. And George, whining about who > would be held responsible!! Operations would be somersaulting in his > grave. Agreed. Andre killing the Phillips character was very predictable. Colin

2002-04-25 08:07:15-07:00 - Re: 24 tonight - (Colin Whipple <colinwNSPM@power.net>)

"Shillelagh" <sdennis@escape.ca> wrote in message news:LZox8.2384$9u.59474@news1.mts.net... > > The final straw was the car crashing into the police car carrying Kim (the > daughter) back to CTU. Bleeeaaahhh. Adnre's two brothers are missing, he is in the middle of rescuing his Dad, and he still has resources to spare to go after Kim? It strains plausibility to the limit. Colin