FLM films - My Webpage

1998-09-15 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (inarguendo@aol.com)

Jaida wrote: >I figured it was some kind of national security organization, but what would >they want with Shays? Communications weren't exactly his forte. > NSA involves itself in other areas besides communications. Technically, anything that is a threat to the national security comes under it's purview. The explosive formulated by Shays would be considered a risk to the security of the United States since terrorists could smuggle it into the country without detection. Even if the NSA were only involved in communications, the explosive might constitute a threat, since it could be used to target satellite and microwave transmission facilities. Have a great day! Take care. Justice

1998-09-15 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

Jaida wrote in message <6tm68m$p2p$1@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>... > >Colin Whipple wrote in message ... >> >>National Security Agency. >> >>They are mostly high tech communications/computer guys who do interception >>and decryption of messages. That is really where Greg would have wanted to >>work. >> >>If I recall correctly, the father of the student who did the Internet worm >>(which brought down many computers on the Internet) about 10 years ago was >>an NSA official. >> >>Colin >>(I think it was called a worm, if not, I am sure someone will correct me) >> > > >I figured it was some kind of national security organization, but what would >they want with Shays? Communications weren't exactly his forte. Good question. I have seen the NSA dragged in inappropriately on other TV shows, also. I think that writers are misled by the name of the agency. The following is their mission statement, taken from: http://www.nsa.gov:8080/ NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY/CENTRAL SECURITY SERVICE 9800 Savage Road Fort George G. Meade, MD 20755-6000 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- Director: Lieutenant General Kenneth A. Minihan, USAF Deputy Director: Miss Barbara A. McNamara, SCES ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- The National Security Agency/Central Security Service is responsible for the centralized coordination, direction, and performance of highly specialized technical functions in support of U.S. Government activities to protect U.S. communications and produce foreign intelligence information. The National Security Agency (NSA) was established by Presidential directive in 1952 as a separately organized agency within the Department of Defense under the direction, authority, and control of the Secretary of Defense, who acts as Executive Agent of the U.S. government for the production of communications intelligence (COMINT) information. The Central Security Service (CSS) was established by Presidential memorandum in 1972 in order to provide a more unified cryptologic organization within the Department of Defense. The Director, NSA, serves as chief of the CSS and exercises control over the signals intelligence activities of the military services. The resources of NSA/CSS are organized for the accomplishment of two national missions: The information systems security or INFOSEC mission provides leadership, products, and services to protect classified and unclassified national security systems against exploitation through interception, unauthorized access, or related technical intelligence threats. This mission also supports the Director, NSA, in fulfilling his responsibilities as Executive Agent for interagency operations security training. The foreign signals intelligence or SIGINT mission allows for an effective, unified organization and control of all the foreign signals collection and processing activities of the United States. NSA is authorized to produce SIGINT in accordance with objectives, requirements and priorities established by the Director of Central Intelligence with the advice of the National Foreign Intelligence Board. Executive Order 12333 of 4 December 1981 describes in more detail the responsibilities of the National Security Agency. Are you sorry you asked. :-) Colin

1998-09-15 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (va_linda@my-dejanews.com)

In article <1998091514490600.KAA16636@ladder01.news.aol.com>, clbcrb@aol.com (Clbcrb) wrote: > >Watched Mercy again. Great episode! Could someone,please tell me, what the > >heck does N.S.A. mean?(natural state of affairs/never say anything/needlessly > >serving america/ noddles sauted alfredo?) Any other quesses? Mary Ann/Midwest > National Security Alliance? va > > -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

1998-09-15 00:00:00 - Re: N.S.A. - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

Jaida wrote in message <6tmru0$loc$1@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>... > >By the way, has everyone seen the email about all the people connected to >Clinton who have mysteriously died? It was sent to me twice the other day! >Remember discussing the scene in AG where Nikita threatened to expose >Section on the web, and we all snickered that no one would believe another >conspiracy theory. I guess some people might have bought it. > >Jaida I does sound crazy. Not even the Republicans are that evil, to assassinate all those people just because they know Clinton. :-) Colin

1998-09-15 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (vwb79@aol.com)

1998-09-15 00:00:00 - Mercy/N.S.A. - (allenslh@aol.com)

1998-09-15 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (clbcrb@aol.com)

>Watched Mercy again. Great episode! Could someone,please tell me, what the >heck does N.S.A. mean?(natural state of affairs/never say anything/needlessly >serving america/ noddles sauted alfredo?) Any other quesses? Mary Ann/Midwest No such animal ? Domino

1998-09-15 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

Allenslh wrote in message <1998091514440400.KAA16233@ladder01.news.aol.com>... >Watched Mercy again. Great episode! Could someone,please tell me, what the heck >does N.S.A. mean?(natural state of affairs/never say anything/needlessly >serving america/ noddles sauted alfredo?) Any other quesses? Mary Ann/Midwest > National Security Agency. They are mostly high tech communications/computer guys who do interception and decryption of messages. That is really where Greg would have wanted to work. If I recall correctly, the father of the student who did the Internet worm (which brought down many computers on the Internet) about 10 years ago was an NSA official. Colin (I think it was called a worm, if not, I am sure someone will correct me)

1998-09-16 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (Jaida <NOSPAM@sprintmail.com>)

Colin Whipple wrote in message ... > >Allenslh wrote in message ><1998091514440400.KAA16233@ladder01.news.aol.com>... >>Watched Mercy again. Great episode! Could someone,please tell me, what the >heck >>does N.S.A. mean?(natural state of affairs/never say anything/needlessly >>serving america/ noddles sauted alfredo?) Any other quesses? Mary >Ann/Midwest >> > >National Security Agency. > >They are mostly high tech communications/computer guys who do interception >and decryption of messages. That is really where Greg would have wanted to >work. > >If I recall correctly, the father of the student who did the Internet worm >(which brought down many computers on the Internet) about 10 years ago was >an NSA official. > >Colin >(I think it was called a worm, if not, I am sure someone will correct me) > I figured it was some kind of national security organization, but what would they want with Shays? Communications weren't exactly his forte. Jaida

1998-09-16 00:00:00 - N.S.A. - (Jaida <NOSPAM@sprintmail.com>)

<Colin explained:> National Security Agency. They are mostly high tech communications/computer guys who do interception and decryption of messages. That is really where Greg would have wanted to work. <Then I had to ask:> I figured it was some kind of national security organization, but what would they want with Shays? Communications weren't exactly his forte. <So Colin patiently (and long windedly) answered:> Good question. I have seen the NSA dragged in inappropriately on other TV shows, also. I think that writers are misled by the name of the agency. The following is their mission statement, taken from: http://www.nsa.gov:8080/ NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY/CENTRAL SECURITY SERVICE <blah, blah, blah> Are you sorry you asked. :-) <So I have to say:> Nope, thanks for the info. I need to get in the habit of looking things up on the web. By the way, has everyone seen the email about all the people connected to Clinton who have mysteriously died? It was sent to me twice the other day! Remember discussing the scene in AG where Nikita threatened to expose Section on the web, and we all snickered that no one would believe another conspiracy theory. I guess some people might have bought it. Jaida

1998-09-16 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (rita7@pacbell.net)

>Watched Mercy again. Great episode! Could someone,please tell me, what the >>heck does N.S.A. mean?(natural state of affairs/never say anything/needlessly >>serving america/ noddles sauted alfredo?) Any other quesses? Mary Ann/Midwest > > >No such animal ? Oh yes there is. My son worked for them. Rita "Love will build a bridge . . . . Hmm, wish it would build me a patio."

1998-09-17 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (rubyeuropa@my-dejanews.com)

In article <ZBxL1.52$Xc4.2258727@nntptransit.lsan03.pbi.net>, "Colin Whipple" <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com> wrote: > > Jaida wrote in message <6tm68m$p2p$1@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>... > > > >Colin Whipple wrote in message ... > >> > >>National Security Agency. > >> > >>They are mostly high tech communications/computer guys who do interception > >>and decryption of messages. That is really where Greg would have wanted > to > >>work. > >> > >>If I recall correctly, the father of the student who did the Internet worm > >>(which brought down many computers on the Internet) about 10 years ago was > >>an NSA official. > >> > >>Colin > >>(I think it was called a worm, if not, I am sure someone will correct me) > >> > > > > > >I figured it was some kind of national security organization, but what > would > >they want with Shays? Communications weren't exactly his forte. > > Good question. > > I have seen the NSA dragged in inappropriately on other TV shows, also. I > think that writers are misled by the name of the agency. > I'd agree it's mostly "techie-related" stuff, and that usually does concern our nation's security (systems, satellites, etc) in peripheral to direct ways. The husband of a good friend of mine has worked for NSA since he was 23 (and the process from interviewing to background checks and hired took 2 years... gack!). He's been there some 10 years now and my friend *still* has no idea what her husband does (other than, vaguely speaking, he debugs) and he can't tell her... Kinda like Section <g> Ruby -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

1998-09-17 00:00:00 - Re: N.S.A. - (rubyeuropa@my-dejanews.com)

In article <WBCL1.53$Xc4.2414174@nntptransit.lsan03.pbi.net>, "Colin Whipple" <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com> wrote: > > I does sound crazy. Not even the Republicans are that evil, to assassinate > all those people just because they know Clinton. :-) True. They'd simply get all their private information and publish it on the Internet <eg> -- Ruby, waiting for Congress to go on the Jerry Springer show ~~starting a landslide in my ego~~ -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

1998-09-18 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (stremy1@aol.com)

I took the test once to work at the NSA and I'm sure there are still people in Washington laughing their fool heads off about it. My only defense is - the sample test they send out in their mailing is a LOT easier than the ACTUAL test. To top it off - they had offered my mother a job when she graduated 25 years before me. I still get embarrassed over it all.

1998-09-18 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (inarguendo@aol.com)

Hi: EZBatoutahell wrote: >Harry-"Monty, stop breaking that Afghani code and get over here and read > this!" > >Monty-"Geez Harry, glad you took the time out of scrambling those Sudaneze >satellite >transmissions to show me that!" > >H-"Wow, these folks are a hoot! I mean, it is ONLY TV! But they sure do go >at it like it is real." > >M-"Did you read all the stuff they wrote about US?" > >H-"Oh god yes, almost choked on my tuna sandwich. What a bunch of.." > >M-"Now Harry, you have to admit, some of it was pretty close." > >H-"Yeah, that part was kind of scary. Should we do something to them? >Fry their modems. Zap their hard drives?" > >M-"No, lets just put out another rumor that Michael is secretly married >to Princess Diana who has gone into hiding after faking her death." > >H-"That should stir things up! Talk about hysteria! Talk about 100 post >long threads with no relation to the original post! Oh boy, they are so >easily excited! Wish my girlfriend was..." > >M-"Harry, I thought you were married?" > >H-"Oh, um, er, wrong cover story. And it isn't Harry, I am Harriet." > >M-"WOW! Your cover is even better than mine!" > >H-"Thanks. Well, before we get back to scrambling signals and breaking >codes, lets through another firecracker in the middle of the newsgroup >and watch them scramble." > >M-"This is more fun that those lab rats at NIMH!" > >H-"I thought you were from the CDC?" > >M-"Well, I thought you were a guy, shows how much we both know." > >H-"Good thing folks like us are keeping the world safe." > >M-"Yep, not like LFN. It would scare those folks to death if >they knew the truth." > >H-"Hey, why don't we tell them the truth? It would be fun to watch their >reactions." > >M-"Na..After seeing what they WILL believe on LFN, the truth..... >they would never believe it." > ROTFLMAO!! Brilliant post! Take care. Justice

1998-09-18 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (Jaida <NOSPAM@sprintmail.com>)

EZBatoutahell wrote in message <6ttvg6$680a$1@newssvr04- It doesn't matter what she wrote, it all cracks me up. EZ, you are my hero. Jaida

1998-09-18 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (Dinky5@webtv.net)

EZBEE in regards to yor lunch---did you keep it down???? Mike

1998-09-18 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (rita7@pacbell.net)

1998-09-18 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

Rita wrote in message < A good book that reveals >many of the secrets is (I think it's called) The Puzzle Palace. I >can't find my copy right now or remember exactly who wrote it. Interesting that that is what Nikita referred to the regime that Maddy was 'about' in New Regime. She called it a puzzle palace. Suzita

1998-09-18 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (rita7@pacbell.net)

>Interesting that that is what Nikita referred to the regime that Maddy was >'about' in New Regime. She called it a puzzle palace. Hmmm, Suzita, I had forgotten about that. Rita "Love will build a bridge . . . . Hmm, wish it would build me a patio."

1998-09-18 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (Dinky5@webtv.net)

Do you think NSA might be watching this NG and trying to find out what we are doing???? Mike

1998-09-18 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (EZBatoutahell <ELZBURNS@Prodigy.Net>)

Dinky5@webtv.net (Michael Fink) writes: > Do you think NSA might be watching this NG and trying to find out what > we are doing???? > > Mike > They are more likely watching this NG for a few good laughs.... I can hear it now... Harry-"Monty, stop breaking that Afghani code and get over here and read this!" Monty-"Geez Harry, glad you took the time out of scrambling those Sudaneze satellite transmissions to show me that!" H-"Wow, these folks are a hoot! I mean, it is ONLY TV! But they sure do go at it like it is real." M-"Did you read all the stuff they wrote about US?" H-"Oh god yes, almost choked on my tuna sandwich. What a bunch of.." M-"Now Harry, you have to admit, some of it was pretty close." H-"Yeah, that part was kind of scary. Should we do something to them? Fry their modems. Zap their hard drives?" M-"No, lets just put out another rumor that Michael is secretly married to Princess Diana who has gone into hiding after faking her death." H-"That should stir things up! Talk about hysteria! Talk about 100 post long threads with no relation to the original post! Oh boy, they are so easily excited! Wish my girlfriend was..." M-"Harry, I thought you were married?" H-"Oh, um, er, wrong cover story. And it isn't Harry, I am Harriet." M-"WOW! Your cover is even better than mine!" H-"Thanks. Well, before we get back to scrambling signals and breaking codes, lets through another firecracker in the middle of the newsgroup and watch them scramble." M-"This is more fun that those lab rats at NIMH!" H-"I thought you were from the CDC?" M-"Well, I thought you were a guy, shows how much we both know." H-"Good thing folks like us are keeping the world safe." M-"Yep, not like LFN. It would scare those folks to death if they knew the truth." H-"Hey, why don't we tell them the truth? It would be fun to watch their reactions." M-"Na..After seeing what they WILL believe on LFN, the truth..... they would never believe it." EZBee, Fried Fish Cheese Grits Tomatoes Hushpuppies Lemon Bars... thats my lunch....

1998-09-20 00:00:00 - Re: N.S.A. - (Kat <kathe001@email.msn.com>)

So funny Jaida - I was thinking about the same thing (I got it in email twice too). Kat Jaida wrote in message <6tmru0$loc$1@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>... > ><Colin explained:> > >National Security Agency. > >They are mostly high tech communications/computer guys who do interception >and decryption of messages. That is really where Greg would have wanted >to work. > ><Then I had to ask:> > >I figured it was some kind of national security organization, but what >would they want with Shays? Communications weren't exactly his forte. > ><So Colin patiently (and long windedly) answered:> > >Good question. > >I have seen the NSA dragged in inappropriately on other TV shows, also. I >think that writers are misled by the name of the agency. > >The following is their mission statement, taken from: > >http://www.nsa.gov:8080/ > >NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY/CENTRAL SECURITY SERVICE > ><blah, blah, blah> > >Are you sorry you asked. :-) > ><So I have to say:> > >Nope, thanks for the info. I need to get in the habit of looking things up >on the web. > >By the way, has everyone seen the email about all the people connected to >Clinton who have mysteriously died? It was sent to me twice the other day! >Remember discussing the scene in AG where Nikita threatened to expose >Section on the web, and we all snickered that no one would believe another >conspiracy theory. I guess some people might have bought it. > >Jaida > >

1998-09-25 00:00:00 - Re: Mercy/N.S.A. - (pianolds1@aol.com)

National Security Agency Gail