FLM films - My Webpage

1999-11-15 00:00:00 - 10 Things I Like About Imitation of Death - (catknsn@aol.comnospam)

I can't believe I'm saying this,but I'm watching tonight and realizing I'm actually enjoying this episode. 1. There is a SOTW. And it is not Operations or Madeline. 2. Madeline is written really well. She doesn't say anything stupid, do anything self-defeating, and she's actually showing concern toward Nikita. 3. Nikita's written really well too. I especially like the way she uses what she knows of psychology on Milan at the end. It's really the "pure" version of Nikita's humanity - she's risking herself, nobody else, and in a way that doesn't risk a mission, in order to try to save a life. 4. Operations was completely reasonable, sane and rational for an entire episode. I especially liked that he displayed real disgust for what the SOTW was up to at the briefing at the beginning. 5. I liked this exchange: Madeline: Nikita was right to ask for a delay. Ops: Yes, she should be commended. Looks like we were right about what Chernov's really up to. Madeline: Perhaps so. But I hope not. That was total first-season Ops & Maddy. Ops actually admitted Nikita did well and Maddy expressed concern about something that wasn't Nikita and Michael's relationship. How refreshing! 6. Nice material between Walter and Birkoff. I much prefer Walter advising him about how to not get dead than the two of them fighting over the 'ho of the week. 7. Love Birkoff and Madeline's conversation. Again, right on target for their characters: Birkoff: Is this a test? Madeline: No. Birkoff: 'Course, if it was a test, you couldn't tell me, could you? Madeline: No. 8. The "Die, bastard!" moment between Ops and Birkoff. LOL! And loved the looks on both of their faces. 9. And speaking of being on-target with characters, this was classic Michael: Birkoff: He threatened to kill me. What do you think I should do? Michael: Don't let him. 10. I don't even think anybody lied to Nikita to get her to complete this mission. She went out on the mission, she discovered that more was up than any of them originally thought, she took down the SOTW and she saved a life. If they were all written like this, I would not be able to criticize Nikita if I tried. Yes, the clone thing was stupid and pointless and confusing and went nowhere. But overall...viewed in the context of all of season three...this isn't a half bad ep. Cathy R. Atkinson The Official Alberta Watson Home Page http://www.albertawatson.com The Official Eugene Robert Glazer Page http://www.eugenerobertglazer.com

1999-11-15 00:00:00 - Re: 10 Things I Like About Imitation of Death - (Colin Whipple <colinwNSPM@power.net>)

Cathy R. Atkinson <catknsn@aol.comnospam> wrote in message news:19991115085722.08213.00001827@ng-fi1.aol.com... > I can't believe I'm saying this,but I'm watching tonight and realizing I'm > actually enjoying this episode. > > 1. There is a SOTW. And it is not Operations or Madeline. Yep. > 4. Operations was completely reasonable, sane and rational for an entire > episode. I especially liked that he displayed real disgust for what the SOTW > was up to at the briefing at the beginning. And his apparent tolerance of Birkoff at the end. :-) Colin

1999-11-16 00:00:00 - Re: 10 Things I Like About Imitation of Death - (tante1@airmail.net)

I'm writing to you offline so as not to humiliate myself. Be kind. What does SOTW mean? TJ

1999-11-16 00:00:00 - Re: 10 Things I Like About Imitation of Death - (Colin Whipple <colinwMPSN@power.net>)

Slime Of The Week. The villain in that episode. Colin Tante Joan <tante1@airmail.net> wrote in message news:8CEA76804161C515.D7B3AC16B4D91D7E.F21949BF4D918B5A@lp.airnews.net... > > What does SOTW mean? > > TJ

1999-11-17 00:00:00 - Re: 10 Things I Like About Imitation of Death - (catknsn@aol.comnospam)

>What does SOTW mean? Slime Of The Week, i.e. the terrorist/bad guy. Unfortunately too often in Season Three it was somebody inside Section. Cathy R. Atkinson The Official Alberta Watson Home Page http://www.albertawatson.com The Official Eugene Robert Glazer Page http://www.eugenerobertglazer.com

1999-11-18 00:00:00 - Re: 10 Things I Like About Imitation of Death - (valduv@aol.com)

cathy wrote: >I can't believe I'm saying this,but I'm watching tonight and realizing I'm >actually enjoying this episode. and two more - I think there are two of the best exchanges in this ep (paraphrasing) SOTW: I'll give you half a million dollars for your colleague. Michael: She's more than a colleague, she's a friend. SOTW: Allright then, make it an even million. Michael: Done and Nikita to Birkoff...