FLM films - My Webpage

1998-07-07 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (DJ <dollbee@iname.com>)

LIDO2 wrote: > > Hi, > I sant to thank all of you who participate on this message board. The posts > are so thought provoking, well versed, and all around fun. > > For two years I have been in my own world reguarding Section One. (I was not on > line) I have loved and watched the show from day one. Know one I knew even > heard of this show. I would religiously tape every episode and run them to > people's houses so they could view them as I did. I SOOO desperatlely wanted > to wake up Monday mornings and go over the M & N details with fellow followers. > > To my avail I have recruited (my husband calls it recruitment into the LFN > Cult) > four other friends who are as dedicated as all of us. > > I have finally entered into the 90's as of this year. First with the purchase > of a CD player (the 45's were skipping) and now going On-line. > > As I come to a close from my babbling I have one question. > > Will my obsession for this show be eased due to the fact that I can > saturate > my self with all this on-line stuff? > > or (ok, 2 questions) > > Will this just provoke me to become a "Groupie " for ever? (lack of a > better > term) > > PS : my husband says there is only one cure for this madness- a lobotomy > > Are we all crazy, or do outsiders just not get it? (ok, 3 questions) > > waiting to hear from you > Livia Hi Livia, I'm new to the net as well! This is one of the first things I discovered after going on line, so I can say, you will become even more addicted to LFN than before. Try not to get too spoiled by the spoilers, it can ruin a great ep. And yes we are all crazy, welcome! DJ

1998-07-07 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (Kat <kathe001@email.msn.com>)

Nope, it'll only get worse. Welcome to the NG. Kat LIDO2 wrote in message <1998070801213200.VAA29419@ladder01.news.aol.com>... >Hi, >I sant to thank all of you who participate on this message board. The posts >are so thought provoking, well versed, and all around fun. > >For two years I have been in my own world reguarding Section One. (I was not on >line) I have loved and watched the show from day one. Know one I knew even >heard of this show. I would religiously tape every episode and run them to >people's houses so they could view them as I did. I SOOO desperatlely wanted >to wake up Monday mornings and go over the M & N details with fellow followers. > >To my avail I have recruited (my husband calls it recruitment into the LFN >Cult) >four other friends who are as dedicated as all of us. > >I have finally entered into the 90's as of this year. First with the purchase >of a CD player (the 45's were skipping) and now going On-line. > >As I come to a close from my babbling I have one question. > > Will my obsession for this show be eased due to the fact that I can >saturate > my self with all this on-line stuff? > > or (ok, 2 questions) > > Will this just provoke me to become a "Groupie " for ever? (lack of a >better > term) > > > PS : my husband says there is only one cure for this madness- a lobotomy > > Are we all crazy, or do outsiders just not get it? (ok, 3 questions) > >waiting to hear from you >Livia

1998-07-07 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

LIDO2 wrote in message <1998070801213200.VAA29419@ladder01.news.aol.com>... >Hi, >I sant to thank all of you who participate on this message board. The posts >are so thought provoking, well versed, and all around fun. > >For two years I have been in my own world reguarding Section One. (I was not on >line) I have loved and watched the show from day one. Know one I knew even >heard of this show. I would religiously tape every episode and run them to >people's houses so they could view them as I did. I SOOO desperatlely wanted >to wake up Monday mornings and go over the M & N details with fellow followers. > >To my avail I have recruited (my husband calls it recruitment into the LFN >Cult) >four other friends who are as dedicated as all of us. > >I have finally entered into the 90's as of this year. First with the purchase >of a CD player (the 45's were skipping) and now going On-line. > >As I come to a close from my babbling I have one question. > > Will my obsession for this show be eased due to the fact that I can >saturate > my self with all this on-line stuff? In a word NO! hehehe > > or (ok, 2 questions) > > Will this just provoke me to become a "Groupie " for ever? (lack of a >better > term) In a word YES! hahahaha > > > PS : my husband says there is only one cure for this madness- a lobotomy > > Are we all crazy, or do outsiders just not get it? (ok, 3 questions) > In a word CRAZY! muhahahahahahaha (I know you are but what am I?) Now for my more controlled reply (yah right!). I came on line after I had seen most of the season 1 repeats and at the same time season 2 started. I used to be a quiet, calm, timid "oh okay" person (no really, I did! just ask my husband :-) ) and then I started thinking in depth about this show and cant' get it out of my ever lovin mind. I thought about the lobotomy, too expensive. I thought about getting rid of cable, too boring. I thought about going off-line, too much time on my hands. So I caved. And 7 months later, I still can't get enough of all the witty, intelligent, often hysterical! posts. It makes my day. I have even sacrificed sleep to be here. Not much of a sacrifice since I tend toward insomnia anyhow. 8-0 (<==== bleary-eyed yawn) And, like Natalie, my husband has given up on me too! Now when my sister calls long distance and I am here (or on Chat lines - you DO know about those DON'T you?! muhahahahaha), he and she talk about their quiet little Su being such an extrovert! Welcome. Enjoy. Feel the pleasure and the pain with the rest of us. We share your joy in finding us. >waiting to hear from you >Livia

1998-07-08 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (Gabriela <gcastagnino@rocketmail.com>)

1998-07-08 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (srsaima@aol.com)

> >> Will my obsession for this show be eased due to the fact that I can >>saturate >> my self with all this on-line stuff? Welcome to the select group of Section Ops that congregate here at odd times of the day and night. Your obsession will only be fed and nurtured as you gather intel from this bunch of addicted, highly intelligent, witty, irreverant souls that post so prolifically. Beware of the number of hours you will devote to be informed, entertained and spoiled by this newsgroup. May you learn all our names and barrel straight ahead into the line of fire. Glad to see another body to replace the last one sent to the torture twins after failing to say Nat's hail maddies. SrSaima (Section welcome wagon committee ops)

1998-07-08 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (Colin Whipple <colincpaNOSPAM@soca.com>)

I doubt if a lobotomy would do it. The obsession gets buried pretty deeply. Colin LIDO2 wrote in message <1998070801213200.VAA29419@ladder01.news.aol.com>... >Hi, >I sant to thank all of you who participate on this message board. The posts >are so thought provoking, well versed, and all around fun. > >For two years I have been in my own world reguarding Section One. (I was not on >line) I have loved and watched the show from day one. Know one I knew even >heard of this show. I would religiously tape every episode and run them to >people's houses so they could view them as I did. I SOOO desperatlely wanted >to wake up Monday mornings and go over the M & N details with fellow followers. > >To my avail I have recruited (my husband calls it recruitment into the LFN >Cult) >four other friends who are as dedicated as all of us. > >I have finally entered into the 90's as of this year. First with the purchase >of a CD player (the 45's were skipping) and now going On-line. > >As I come to a close from my babbling I have one question. > > Will my obsession for this show be eased due to the fact that I can >saturate > my self with all this on-line stuff? > > or (ok, 2 questions) > > Will this just provoke me to become a "Groupie " for ever? (lack of a >better > term) > > > PS : my husband says there is only one cure for this madness- a lobotomy > > Are we all crazy, or do outsiders just not get it? (ok, 3 questions) > >waiting to hear from you >Livia

1998-07-08 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (platt96@aol.com)

Just accept this obession with a smile. There is no cure. Nor do we want there to be. Welcome to LFN world. R

1998-07-08 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (Trudy Espinoza <tespinoza1@home.com>)

Yeah, and just wait 'till you discover fanfic. Then you'll really be in a dither! Simply put...you have entered the black hole...there's is no way out...no matter what the writers do! Trudy

1998-07-08 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (lafannkta@aol.com)

My husband refers to me as "not here" when LFN is on. ex: Don't ask your mom she's not here! He also calls me AoWOL his version of Absent With Out Leave While Online! your hooked, give up. Your husband will get over it, as you can read the others did! I will say that one thing changed when I started reading this NG. I became more critical. I think because you get a lot of varying opinions, which you will find yourself agreeing (or not) with. have fun!! Denise- LaFanNKTA@aol

1998-07-08 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (kafkaesque@NOSPAMmindspring.com)

I've been online for less than a year and have found that the internet feeds many obsessions. I presume you have more interests than LFN; keep it balanced by exploring them all. You will find that you can spend all of your free time on your computer, just looking things up. Soon your house will look like you are living in a dump, and you will only want to clean it when company comes over. You may even stop inviting people over. Why take time away from the computer to clean for guests? Why feel guilty when the cats' feet start looking schmutzy? Why go out on a beautiful day when you can sit in front of your computer amidst dust galore? Not a pretty picture, is it? Have fun! -- Ellen S.

1998-07-08 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (netmanicNOSPAM@usa.net)

lido2@aol.com (LIDO2) wrote: > Will my obsession for this show be eased due to the fact that I can >saturate my self with all this on-line stuff? > or (ok, 2 questions) > Will this just provoke me to become a "Groupie " forever? Once you have joined LFN Fan Section you can never leave. (Madeline is watching you very closely.)

1998-07-08 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (paleoanth@aol.com)

Oh god- My obsession got WORSE after the internet input!! It has increase as the months have gone by..... Good luck!! LOL Paleoanth

1998-07-08 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (lido2@aol.com)

trudy wrote: >Yeah, and just wait 'till you discover fanfic. Then you'll really be in >a dither! > >Ok tell me what is fanfic? dont just put a teaser out and leave me hanging , you know how obssesive i can be about this show please don't let me hang a minute longer bye livia

1998-07-08 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (lido2@aol.com)

netmanicNOSPAM@usa.net wrote:, >Once you have joined LFN Fan Section you can never leave. (Madeline >is watching you very closely.) > > ></PRE></HTML> Bob your as bad as trudy , talk about some LFN fan section but keep me hanging on how to get there. You have kept me in the dark long enough how do I get there? Waiting patiently, Livia

1998-07-08 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (lido2@aol.com)

LaFanNKTA wrote: >My husband refers to me as "not here" when LFN is on. > >ex: Don't ask your mom she's not here! This is nothing I told my husband that if they made a Roy Dupius mask I would make him wear it. Good thing my husbands name is also Michael, just incase there are any mishaps in the bedroom. Just kidding, but not about the mask its a sickness i know. Bye Livia

1998-07-08 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (lido2@aol.com)

Kafkaesque@NOSPAMmindspring.com wrote: >I've been online for less than a year and have found that the internet >feeds many obsessions. I presume you have more interests than LFN; >keep it balanced by exploring them all. You will find that you can >spend all of your free time on your computer, just looking things up. >Soon your house will look like you are living in a dump, and you will >only want to clean it when company comes over. You may even stop >inviting people over. Why take time away from the computer to clean >for guests? Why feel guilty when the cats' feet start looking >schmutzy? Why go out on a beautiful day when you can sit in front of >your computer amidst dust galore? Not a pretty picture, is it? Have >fun! > >-- >Ellen S. ></PRE></HTML> Oh Ellen, I figure someday I will be one of those guests on daytime talk shows. TITLE: MY MOM NEVER TALKS TO ME ANYMORE or MY WIFE IS ADDICTED TO THE COMPUTER thank god this is my only show i watch. I only have so much room in my life for tv and this show seems to consume all of it. I think i might try the political chat room . I get into politics. I wont say left or right . Dont want anyone to dislike me because of my political views. Bye for know Livia

1998-07-08 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (ELZBURNS <ELZBURNS@Prodigy.Net>)

lido2@aol.com (LIDO2) writes: > > LaFanNKTA wrote: > Didn't know how bad it was until last night, my Moroccan boss asked how I knew a group of friends in the restaurant.... Told him that I met them on the LFN internet lists.... and he said "What is it with this show! My wife leaves here at 9:30 every Sunday to watch it, no matter how busy we are here. Just walks out, no matter how many customers and how good the tips are for her. She just leaves. And I don't just think it is just the blonde Nikita she is watching either!" EZBee, His wife is a nice girl from Cairo.... Georgia that is.....

1998-07-08 00:00:00 - Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (lido2@aol.com)

[...]

1998-07-08 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (beck92856@aol.com)

Welcome Livia! As one who joined the group a few months ago, I confess that the obsession has not faded. I now spend about 2 hours online a night reading NG and chatting with LFN buddies. On the bright side however, the posts are so intelligent and thought provoking (for the most part) that it has made me look at LFN in a totally different light. I really enjoy these folks!! Hope you grow to enjoy them as much. Gudrun, racking up those AOL hours.

1998-07-08 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (Wickddollnospam@hotmail.com)

Forget it - this addiction is worse than heroin. And if your hubby's smart, he'll give up on you. Mine has. :-D Natalie, refusing LFN rehab On 8 Jul 1998 01:21:32 GMT, lido2@aol.com (LIDO2) wrote: >Hi, >I sant to thank all of you who participate on this message board. The posts >are so thought provoking, well versed, and all around fun. > >For two years I have been in my own world reguarding Section One. (I was not on >line) I have loved and watched the show from day one. Know one I knew even >heard of this show. I would religiously tape every episode and run them to >people's houses so they could view them as I did. I SOOO desperatlely wanted >to wake up Monday mornings and go over the M & N details with fellow followers. > >To my avail I have recruited (my husband calls it recruitment into the LFN >Cult) >four other friends who are as dedicated as all of us. > >I have finally entered into the 90's as of this year. First with the purchase >of a CD player (the 45's were skipping) and now going On-line. > >As I come to a close from my babbling I have one question. > > Will my obsession for this show be eased due to the fact that I can >saturate > my self with all this on-line stuff? > > or (ok, 2 questions) > > Will this just provoke me to become a "Groupie " for ever? (lack of a >better > term) > > > PS : my husband says there is only one cure for this madness- a lobotomy > > Are we all crazy, or do outsiders just not get it? (ok, 3 questions) > >waiting to hear from you >Livia (remove "nospam" from email address to reply) "Wicked little doll, you are not human" "Wicked little doll, you have no soul" (David Byrne, 1997)

1998-07-09 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (cahobbies@aol.com)

Well Livia - welcome to the ng! Obsession? Of course! Antidote? Why should there be? BTW - there are lots of wonderful and strange people who frequent this newsgroup - with lots of things to say - so just pull up a chair and join in anytime!! Will your obssession grow? A resounding yes!! But hey! In the world of fandom - there are always websites to see, fanfic to read, chats to attend, an upcoming LFN convention in Toronto, files to download --- and of course - there are all of US to talk with about "all things LFN" !!!!! Welcome!! CA - debbie (the quiet, serious, young and good-looking one of the bunch) (and if you believe all that - you are in "big" trouble - remember - operatives must take a close look at "everything" !!!)

1998-07-09 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (Trudy Espinoza <tespinoza1@home.com>)

> > Bob your as bad as trudy , talk about some LFN fan section but keep me hanging Livia, check your e-mail. Sending you a fix! Unlike those LFN episode writers, I shall not leave you hanging! Trudy

1998-07-09 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (granvia@aol.com)

Trudy wrote: >Livia, check your e-mail. Sending you a fix! Unlike those LFN episode >writers, I shall not leave you hanging! Trudy, sweat, I mean, sweetheart, if my imagination runs true with what you e-mailed Iivia, I need a fix, too! G > Thanking you kindly in advance

1998-07-09 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (pixiscribe@aol.com)

LOL. I'm currently single, guess my new date screening criteria could be "Okay. Give me a blank stare and say 'It was necessary', 'It couldn't be helped," and then call me Josephine." <G> >This is nothing I told my husband that if they made a Roy Dupius mask I >would<BR> >make him wear it. Good thing my husbands name is also<BR> >Michael, just incase there are any mishaps in the bedroom. <BR> >Just kidding, but not about the mask<BR> ><BR> >its a sickness i know.

1998-07-10 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (Gabriela <gcastagnino@rocketmail.com>)

PixiScribe wrote in message >LOL. I'm currently single, guess my new date screening criteria could be >"Okay. Give me a blank stare and say 'It was necessary', 'It couldn't be >helped," and then call me Josephine." <G> Would you beat him up if he begins telling you 'Get over it', 'I can't tell you what you want to hear now', and 'You don't know everything about me'? <bg> Nah, you would get over it as soon as he begins 'gathering intel', wouldn't you? Gabie

1998-07-11 00:00:00 - Re: Is there any antidote for this obsession? - (pixiscribe@aol.com)

That would depend if "gathering intel" involved a laundry cart. <EG> Wendy ::wide eyes:: I didn't say that. Nope not sweet lil' ol' me. ;) >Would you beat him up if he begins telling you 'Get over it', 'I can't >tell<BR> >you what you want to hear now', and 'You don't know everything about me'?<BR> ><bg> Nah, you would get over it as soon as he begins 'gathering intel',<BR> >wouldn't you?<BR> ><BR> >Gabie<