FLM films - My Webpage

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - ("Eric L. Tucker" <eric@semperex.com>)

Does anyone share my opinion that up until now the series has been pretty believable but with HE CAME FROM FOUR the series perhaps looses some of its edge because it's harder to identify with supernatural things that are plain fake. To me there's so much that can be done within the bounds of reality and that's what makes every episode so compelling to me. But, the moment they start breaking outside of the real world I'm going to start losing interest. -Eric (hard core fan since the first episode)

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - (Wickeddoll <wickeddoll@nofeckingspamhotmail.com>)

I agree with you from the supernatural standpoint. I actually do believe in things like telekinesis, but the few cases that have been documented were not as in control of that power as indicated in HCFF. They went over the line, IMO Natalie, who still liked the ep overall "Eric L. Tucker" <eric@semperex.com> wrote in message news:K_UF4.5483$_Q3.285578@typhoon.austin.rr.com... > Does anyone share my opinion that up until now the series has been pretty > believable but with HE CAME FROM FOUR the series perhaps looses some of its > edge because it's harder to identify with supernatural things that are plain > fake. To me there's so much that can be done within the bounds of reality > and that's what makes every episode so compelling to me. But, the moment > they start breaking outside of the real world I'm going to start losing > interest. > > -Eric (hard core fan since the first episode) > >

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - (spdracer <spdracer_member@newsguy.com>)

In article <K_UF4.5483$_Q3.285578@typhoon.austin.rr.com>, "Eric says... > >Does anyone share my opinion that up until now the series has been pretty >believable but with HE CAME FROM FOUR the series perhaps looses some of its >edge because it's harder to identify with supernatural things that are plain >fake. To me there's so much that can be done within the bounds of reality >and that's what makes every episode so compelling to me. But, the moment >they start breaking outside of the real world I'm going to start losing >interest. > >-Eric (hard core fan since the first episode) > > I liked it as much or more than some other episodes. Sure, Jerome was a little overboard towards the end. But haven't you ever listened to Art Bell's radio show? He has had tons of stories about people doing "remote viewing" and crazy stuff like that. So it wasn't hard for me to be believable. Some of the crazy plot twists at the end of some shows are harder for me to believe than a Jerome character. spdracer

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - (Arch <arch99@my-deja.com>)

I guess the writers are truly running out of things to write about. I am just waiting to see BATMIKE. I can just see Big Thighs dressing up like Batman. Michael surely does have the chin of a cartoon batman. Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - (platt96@aol.com)

no I don't agree, I really liked the show and it was kinda scary thinking there could be a place out there where people are training for stuff like that. It struck me as very believable.

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - (Tom Hoffmann <tom.hoffmann@worldnet.att.net>)

If the writers are truly running out of things to write about, and I tend to agree, they should stop with all the pointless in-fighting crap and focus on the mission of Section. Based on last night's show and the one about memory erasure and restoration, I half expect to see the show picked up by the SciFi channel. In article <8capj5$k86$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, Arch <arch99@my-deja.com> wrote: > I guess the writers are truly running out of things to write about. I > am just waiting to see BATMIKE. I can just see Big Thighs dressing up > like Batman. Michael surely does have the chin of a cartoon batman. > > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.

2000-04-03 00:00:00 - Re: losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - (Terri Tattan <territ@attglobal.net>)

I like the addition of the super-natural edge. Some days I wish they'd go straight off the deep end and become an extension of "The Matrix." You have to admit, they have to do SOMETHING. Some of the best parts of the show are the missions. They seem to be running out of ideas for those, unfortunately. The ep title is completely unimaginative, btw. "Eric L. Tucker" wrote: > Does anyone share my opinion that up until now the series has been pretty > believable but with HE CAME FROM FOUR the series perhaps looses some of its > edge because it's harder to identify with supernatural things that are plain > fake. To me there's so much that can be done within the bounds of reality > and that's what makes every episode so compelling to me. But, the moment > they start breaking outside of the real world I'm going to start losing > interest. > > -Eric (hard core fan since the first episode)

2000-04-04 00:00:00 - Re: losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - (Wickeddoll <wickeddoll@nofeckingspamhotmail.com>)

"trajan" <trajan@optonline.net> wrote in message news:38E9575F.1FE949E3@optonline.net... > Gotta disagree with you here. The theme of supernatural child is very > potent, in my opinion. Yes, it departs from the formula and invokes > the supernatural but is no less "believable" withing the weird Sci-fi > universe LFN has created than "the Gelman procedure" or any other plot > device. I believe in supernatural phenomena too, but that kid had way more control than any of the documented subjects I've heard about. > > To many, children are strange "others" who live in a world totally > orthogonal to the adult concept of reality. I applaud the writers in > taking this truism and extrapolating it into an oddly compelling ep. I think it's out of place in a supposedly reality-based program such as this(I thought that Gelman stuff and mind scrape was bull) > > I thought the kid was great, BTW, especially in his interaction with > Madeline. Something weird(er than usual) is lurking in M, something > we don't yet know...I hope they give us more M backstory to chew on > before the end of the season. Yes, that child was a terrific young actor > > Of course, I understand your perspective and I've occasionally felt > that way about other series (eg, XFILES). > But TXF is a blatantly supernatural show. LFN is not supposed to be that. > Regards, > Trajan Interesting thoughts. Please post more often! Natalie, Ex-Phile

2000-04-04 00:00:00 - Re: losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - (epona7@aol.com)

>I believe in supernatural phenomena too, but that kid had way more control >than any of the documented subjects I've heard about. > Time to call in Bester and the Psi Cops. George-clones, brain dumps, psychokinetic tots. What's next? Transporters? Time travel? Alien invasion? That's it! Red Cell is just the cover for the XT infiltration and domination of Earth. ::sigh:: If I want bad Sci Fi I can watch Voyager. Donna aka ~~Pax (that's "peace", as in "rest in...") Walter's Wenches: Saucy Tarts Division (Twin Tart #2) "...and my psyche profile fit a certain moral flexibility..." Martin, "Grosse Pointe Blank"

2000-04-04 00:00:00 - Re: losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - (Wickeddoll <wickeddoll@nofeckingspamhotmail.com>)

Hey, I like Voyager! You wanna talk bad Scifi? For me, that's LEXX Craporama, that one Natalie, who thinks Chakotay alone is reason enough to watch ST Voyager "Epona7" <epona7@aol.com> wrote in message news:20000404120835.01438.00002159@ng-ch1.aol.com... > >I believe in supernatural phenomena too, but that kid had way more control > >than any of the documented subjects I've heard about. > > > > Time to call in Bester and the Psi Cops. > > George-clones, brain dumps, psychokinetic tots. What's next? Transporters? Time > travel? Alien invasion? That's it! Red Cell is just the cover for the XT > infiltration and domination of Earth. > > ::sigh:: If I want bad Sci Fi I can watch Voyager. > > Donna aka > ~~Pax (that's "peace", as in "rest in...") > Walter's Wenches: Saucy Tarts Division (Twin Tart #2) > "...and my psyche profile fit a certain moral flexibility..." Martin, "Grosse > Pointe Blank" >

2000-04-04 00:00:00 - Re: losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - (trajan <trajan@optonline.net>)

Gotta disagree with you here. The theme of supernatural child is very potent, in my opinion. Yes, it departs from the formula and invokes the supernatural but is no less "believable" withing the weird Sci-fi universe LFN has created than "the Gelman procedure" or any other plot device. To many, children are strange "others" who live in a world totally orthogonal to the adult concept of reality. I applaud the writers in taking this truism and extrapolating it into an oddly compelling ep. I thought the kid was great, BTW, especially in his interaction with Madeline. Something weird(er than usual) is lurking in M, something we don't yet know...I hope they give us more M backstory to chew on before the end of the season. Of course, I understand your perspective and I've occasionally felt that way about other series (eg, XFILES). Regards, Trajan "Eric L. Tucker" wrote: > > Does anyone share my opinion that up until now the series has been pretty > believable but with HE CAME FROM FOUR the series perhaps looses some of its > edge because it's harder to identify with supernatural things that are plain > fake. To me there's so much that can be done within the bounds of reality > and that's what makes every episode so compelling to me. But, the moment > they start breaking outside of the real world I'm going to start losing > interest. > > -Eric (hard core fan since the first episode)

2000-04-05 00:00:00 - Re: losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - (silvrsharp@aol.comnospam)

ROTFL! I agree Wick! I gotta say though, I kept expecting SOMEONE to put a bullet in the kid's back. An entire section filled with people like Jerome and the other sections are going to say, "Hey, that's fine with us"?!? sharp Wick wrote: Hey, I like Voyager! You wanna talk bad Scifi? For me, that's LEXX Craporama, that one Natalie, who thinks Chakotay alone is reason enough to watch ST Voyager "Epona7" <epona7@aol.com> wrote in message news:20000404120835.01438.00002159@ng-ch1.aol.com... > >I believe in supernatural phenomena too, but that kid had way more control > >than any of the documented subjects I've heard about. > > > > Time to call in Bester and the Psi Cops. > > George-clones, brain dumps, psychokinetic tots. What's next? Transporters? Time > travel? Alien invasion? That's it! Red Cell is just the cover for the XT > infiltration and domination of Earth. > > ::sigh:: If I want bad Sci Fi I can watch Voyager. > > Donna aka > ~~Pax (that's "peace", as in "rest in...") > Walter's Wenches: Saucy Tarts Division (Twin Tart #2) > "...and my psyche profile fit a certain moral flexibility..." Martin, "Grosse > Pointe Blank" > >> (to e-mail, remove "no spam" from the address.)

2000-04-05 00:00:00 - Re: losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - (Wickeddoll <wickeddoll@nofeckingspamhotmail.com>)

But then they'd have to answer to George. Maybe that's what kept Damien... I mean Jerome alive Natalie, shrugging "Silvrsharp" <silvrsharp@aol.comnospam> wrote in message news:20000404201430.06592.00000918@ng-fa1.aol.com... > ROTFL! I agree Wick! > > I gotta say though, I kept expecting SOMEONE to put a bullet in the kid's back. > An entire section filled with people like Jerome and the other sections are > going to say, "Hey, that's fine with us"?!? > > sharp > > Wick wrote: > > Hey, I like Voyager! > > You wanna talk bad Scifi? For me, that's LEXX > > Craporama, that one > > Natalie, who thinks Chakotay alone is reason enough to watch ST Voyager > > "Epona7" <epona7@aol.com> wrote in message > news:20000404120835.01438.00002159@ng-ch1.aol.com... > > >I believe in supernatural phenomena too, but that kid had way more > control > > >than any of the documented subjects I've heard about. > > > > > > > Time to call in Bester and the Psi Cops. > > > > George-clones, brain dumps, psychokinetic tots. What's next? Transporters? > Time > > travel? Alien invasion? That's it! Red Cell is just the cover for the XT > > infiltration and domination of Earth. > > > > ::sigh:: If I want bad Sci Fi I can watch Voyager. > > > > Donna aka > > ~~Pax (that's "peace", as in "rest in...") > > Walter's Wenches: Saucy Tarts Division (Twin Tart #2) > > "...and my psyche profile fit a certain moral flexibility..." Martin, > "Grosse > > Pointe Blank" > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > (to e-mail, remove "no spam" from the address.)

2000-04-05 00:00:00 - Re: losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - (catknsn@aol.comnospam)

2000-04-05 00:00:00 - Re: losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - (Colin Whipple <colinwNSPM@power.net>)

"Cathy R. Atkinson" <catknsn@aol.comnospam> wrote in message news:20000405134416.02615.00002825@ng-cg1.aol.com... > >But then they'd have to answer to George. Maybe that's what kept Damien... > >I mean Jerome alive > > > > I just figure if he can shut down Section's electrical and take over their > computer systems, he can certainly divert a bullet. I figure the kid's probably > darn near unkillable. Besides, would you want to shoot at him and *miss*? > LOL. It is only a short step from the things he did to being able to insert in anyone's mind the necessity of Jerome not being killed. :-) Colin

2000-04-05 00:00:00 - Re: losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - (Jeremy <jeremy@exit109.com>)

Cathy R. Atkinson <catknsn@aol.comnospam> wrote: >> But then they'd have to answer to George. Maybe that's what kept >> Damien... I mean Jerome alive > > I just figure if he can shut down Section's electrical and take over > their computer systems, he can certainly divert a bullet. I figure the > kid's probably darn near unkillable. Only if he knows about you. While he's occupied with wreaking havoc, walk up and put a shotgun in his back. Just don't think about it while you're doing it, or he may "hear" you. > Besides, would you want to shoot at him and *miss*? LOL. Well, no, that's the thing. -- Jeremy | jeremy@exit109.com

2000-04-06 00:00:00 - Re: losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - (catknsn@aol.comnospam)

2000-04-06 00:00:00 - Re: losing believablility in HE CAME FROM FOUR - (Jules <julian-ross@sff.net>)