FLM films - My Webpage

1998-10-31 00:00:00 - Care to help a comrade in arms? - (OpticalDelusion@webtv.net)

I know how a great deal of you must have felt when United Paramount Network canceled Nowhere Man from their programming. I thought it was a terrific show. Bruce Greenwood did a great job portraying Thomas Veil; a man whose life (more like the absence of) truly sucked. Had it been given a chance it would have made it big. UPN screwed NWM, and its fans over big time. Well they're trying to do it to "The Sentinel" now. They have provided TS fans with 8 episodes, but there is an internal struggle going on. One that has nothing to do with ratings (because last season TS was number 2 behind "Star Trek: Voyager"), and could very well cost us TS fans our show. I (as a TS fan) would like to ask for your help, if you're willing that is. While its true we have a pretty large fan base in our own right, it could be (or at least appear to be <EG>) larger still. You don't even have to actually like the show (but I'm sure if you tried, you would), just provide us with the numbers we need to push UPN in the right direction. I can't afford monetary rewards for your efforts (or any other kind of rewards <wink>). All I can give you is my *whole-hearted thanks*. In addition to the knowledge that somewhere in the bowels of UPN there will be television execs with stomach ulcers, and quickly graying hair who are crying in the bathrooms. Now I know some of you might be asking, "Why should we help them (TS and its fans), when they weren't around to help us when we needed it?" Good question, I'm glad you asked it.<g> I can only speak for myself when I say, "I didn't know NWM needed help, I've only been online for a little while (2 months), and that was far too late to be able to do anything about it." Although had I been aware (very seldom I am), I would have definitely helped out. Television networks (especially UPN) need to be made to realize that their first and foremost responsibility is to their viewers. After all, without our input, just where would they be? Although it would greatly benefit all of us (TS fans); I am responsible for this request, and I alone. If you think I am the dumbest mother to come along the pike, then by all means have your laugh, but do it at my expense. If you want to give me a piece of your mind, feel free to e-mail me at OpticalDelusion@webtv.net. If, however, you are genuinely interested in helping us prove to UPN that the fans do matter, then you are also to e-mail me at the above mentioned address, and I will give you all the information I am aware of. Flames and Assistance will all be examined in a mature (as mature as I can get) manner, and responses given when I have the time. Thank you for your time.

1998-11-01 00:00:00 - Re: Care to help a comrade in arms? - (Jean-Pierre <NOSPAMjpjelsma@worldonline.nl>)

Optical Illusion wrote: I know how a great deal of you must have felt when United Paramount Network canceled Nowhere Man from their programming. I thought it was a terrific show. Bruce Greenwood did a great job portraying Thomas Veil; a man whose life (more like the absence of) truly sucked. Had it been given a chance it would have made it big. UPN screwed NWM, and its fans over big time. I sympathise with your efforts, for obvious reasons. To help spread your request, I have posted your message on my news page at http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/6404/ The UnErase Nowhere Man Project I also included the SOS banner. Hope it helps. I also forwarded your mail to the NowhereMan mailinglist. What I would like in return, is that you mention Nowhere Man fans and perhaps the URL for the website when you speak to fans or other interested parties. It might be usefull and effective to have some sort of coordinated action, to point out fans' position and the way UPN blatantly disregards its viewers when cancelling shows, thinking only about ratings and commercial interests, trying to create some kind of utopian audience that doesn't exist. OpticalDelusion@webtv.net wrote in message <15537-363B6720-13@newsd-224.iap.bryant.webtv.net>... I know how a great deal of you must have felt when United Paramount Network canceled Nowhere Man from their programming. I thought it was a terrific show. Bruce Greenwood did a great job portraying Thomas Veil; a man whose life (more like the absence of) truly sucked. Had it been given a chance it would have made it big. UPN screwed NWM, and its fans over big time. Well they're trying to do it to "The Sentinel" now. They have provided TS fans with 8 episodes, but there is an internal struggle going on. would have definitely helped out. Television networks (especially UPN) need to be made to realize that their first and foremost responsibility is to their viewers. After all, without our input, just where would they be? Although it would greatly benefit all of us (TS fans); I am responsible for this request, and I alone. If you think I am the dumbest mother to come along the pike, then by all means have your laugh, but do it at my expense. If you want to give me a piece of your mind, feel free to e-mail me at OpticalDelusion@webtv.net. If, however, you are genuinely interested in helping us prove to UPN that the fans do matter, then you are also to e-mail me at the above mentioned address, and I will give you all the information I am aware of. Flames and Assistance will all be examined in a mature (as mature as I can get) manner, and responses given when I have the time. Thank you for your time.