FLM films - My Webpage

2003-12-15 03:31:34-08:00 - Remaking Nowhere Man? - (matthewshouse83@hotmail.com)

This is Matt...I see the group has been somewhat dominated by spam as of late (of course i'm using google.com to post here). I've always considered what would happen if someone were to try Nowhere Man again. I don't know if a network in this political climate would allow a show to deal with such a sensitive subject without watering it down. If memory serves right, that was the frustration UPN had after the inital 13 episodes aired. I remember how irritated I was the fax line wasn't busy when folks were asked to write into the studio. I don't think there would have been a point of trying to save it considering UPN took it over (if this is correct). Is this idea possible? What happened to Sandra (She used to host the nowhere man mailing list)? Sincerely, Matthew Milam

2003-12-15 20:07:14-05:00 - Re: Remaking Nowhere Man? - (nosupport@usenetserver.com)

2003-12-16 02:28:30+00:00 - Re: Remaking Nowhere Man? - (queritmo@aol.com)

2003-12-17 21:34:26+00:00 - Re: Remaking Nowhere Man? - (Eric Furniss <e.furnissfam@verizon.net>)

>It is one of the all-time greats in > my opinion. > People had to think. People had to become involved. People had to ask tough > questions. > People had to wonder about what they were seeing. People had to do something > most try > like hell to avoid - using their heads. That's their loss. NowhereManiacs > knew what a > gem we had in this show. I wish Sci Fi or someone would pick up the show. Christ, if Alien Nation and Brisco County can be constantly rerun why can't Nowhere Man? One of my all-time favorite shows. I really wish we'd see an official DVD release as well. Eric "QUERITMO" <queritmo@aol.com> wrote in message news:20031215212830.11589.00000639@mb-m25.aol.com... > >From: matthewshouse83@hotmail.com (chicago_poetwriter) > > > >I've always considered what would happen if someone were to try Nowhere Man > again. > > What would happen? If Nowhere Man were to be tried again there are several > things to do. > First, see if the sun rises in the east the next morning. Second, see if the > earth still > rotates in the same direction on its axis. Third, see if your compass still > points the same > way or if a major pole-shift has occurred. In short, some serious (stuff) > would have to > happen before Nowhere Man was tried again. Why? Because those folks that > Larry > not so affectionately referred to as the "Evil Rat" would never allow Nowhere > Man to see > the light of day again. Nowhere Man is too damn prophetic and dangerous to be > seen. > > >I don't know if a network in this political climate would allow a show to deal > with such a sensitive subject without watering it down. > > > > We don't have a political climate. We have THEM embedded in the political > process, > in major media, in the multinational corporate structure, in the "Patriot Act" > (George > Carlin should have plenty to say about that moniker). Larry used to caution > there was > no "Director", that people could find their Director best by looking in the > mirror. While > I share his views on personal responsibility and self-reflection, there can be > little doubt > that somewhere far out of sight there are people who are doing things today the > "Director" > used to. > > >If memory serves right, that was the frustration UPN had after the inital 13 > episodes aired. I remember how irritated I was the fax line wasn't busy when > folks were asked to write into the > studio. I don't think there would have been a point of trying to save it > considering UPN took it over (if this is correct). > > > > "No one" watched Nowhere Man. It was consistently at the bottom of the > ratings. But > that doesn't mean it wasn't a great show. It is one of the all-time greats in > my opinion. > People had to think. People had to become involved. People had to ask tough > questions. > People had to wonder about what they were seeing. People had to do something > most try > like hell to avoid - using their heads. That's their loss. NowhereManiacs > knew what a > gem we had in this show. The fact the show wasn't universally popular was not > an > indictment of the show but of the mentality of the viewing public. > > >Is this idea possible? > > That would be a wonderful thing. But about the only person that could make > this happen > is Santa Claus. > > Q >

2003-12-25 00:57:42+00:00 - Re: Remaking Nowhere Man? - (Ziggy <Ziggy@level7.com>)

chicago_poetwriter wrote: > This is Matt...I see the group has been somewhat dominated by spam as > of late (of course i'm using google.com to post here). > > I've always considered what would happen if someone were to try > Nowhere Man again. I don't know if a network in this political climate > would allow a show to deal with such a sensitive subject without > watering it down. If memory serves right, that was the frustration UPN > had after the inital 13 episodes aired. I remember how irritated I was > the fax line wasn't busy when folks were asked to write into the > studio. I don't think there would have been a point of trying to save > it considering UPN took it over (if this is correct). > > Is this idea possible? What happened to Sandra (She used to host the > nowhere man mailing list)? > > Sincerely, > Matthew Milam Dont hold your breath.. Shows that require thought just arent in vogue these days..